Thread: Change in Opinion

Creepy-male

Default Change in Opinion

I just got done watching old videos from my family when me and my sister were children and I completely change my mind about what I said before. I think people are born with a natural preference in behavior. What I mean by this is we are all from childhood inborn with a specific behavior preference, in life we learn to utilize these strengths to build up a well rounded persona, so for example logic types don't have to be cold calculated dry people, they can be very fun and sincere, and feeling types don't have to be dimwitted dramatic people, they can be very intelligent, however logic tends to apply thinking to their feelings, and feelers tend to apply feeling to logic. Its about preference not comptency in other words... I completely agree.

Creepy-bg

OK thanks for letting us know

Creepy-male

Well I figured people may say they agree or disagree or something, I wasn't figuring you were interested in my opinions as if they were important to you, just trying to spark some conversation on this whole idea of nature vs nuture, its a fundamental quesiton in psychology.

Creepy-bg

sorry just being a bit of a dick today

I don't have anything wrong with that view. My personal opinion is that while it may in all likelyhood be correct I still think it's limiting to say that we have an inborn preference. If one is convinced of that the likelyhood of trensending it is made nearly impossible. I think we create the reality we live in through our thoughts and prejudices. The inborn type thing is a prejudice I choose not to have regardless of it's truth or untruth.

Creepy-male

Not really I just always thought people changed, but certain attributes I noticed in the video still seep their way in a person life later on, it makes sense a person's personality is like the same pool of water, while it changes through life it still is the same pool of water... I guess if that makes sense its very analogy like.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    Not really I just always thought people changed, but certain attributes I noticed in the video still seep their way in a person life later on, it makes sense a person's personality is like the same pool of water, while it changes through life it still is the same pool of water... I guess if that makes sense its very analogy like.
    that makes perfect sense. I still think the waters can be shaken up and reformed though.

Creepy-male

cool, I am glad someone can understand my analogies, one day my friend came into my room and starting reading all these directions to a party and read this huge long list, and I told him, don't worry about all the list of procedures, use that to visualize the destination and head towards it, he looked at me like I was crazy and went about his own business lol.

Anyways yep I am pretty much sticking with the pool of water analogy for now.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Change in Opinion

Quote Originally Posted by HaveLucidDreamz
    Its about preference not comptency in other words... I completely agree.
    Agreeing with yourself? That is good.

Yes, I agree with you, in terms of what you are generally saying.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-male

Lol when I re-read it it seemed like that, but what I was doing was agreeing with the idea of socionics and the main viewpoint on this forum, that their is a nature aspect to personality. I meant, in other words.... I agree with you all -- but it didn't sound like that lol