Thread: T conversion: Te to Ti, and vice versa

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default T conversion: Te to Ti, and vice versa

One course this semester was essentially all , while another was . I would have preferred to have understood it sooner, but it makes sense now.
    So, does anyone have experience in converting the two types of T?

In converting Te to Ti, I realize I literally have to build the structure myself. Pure Te comes across as unstrung, loose, random facts. In retrospect, for that one course, it would have been better if I made a huge connection strategy for myself earlier on.

I wonder if Te heavy people feel that way (though inverted) when someone with a heavy emphasis on Ti tells them only a few things.

Thoughts?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ignore it.

Then learn it on your own.

Of course this isn't foolproof, but it's way better than forcing yourself to take in information you don't want. You know what I mean?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: T conversion: Te to Ti, and vice versa

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    One course this semester was essentially all , while another was . I would have preferred to have understood it sooner, but it makes sense now.
    So, does anyone have experience in converting the two types of T?

In converting Te to Ti, I realize I literally have to build the structure myself. Pure Te comes across as unstrung, loose, random facts. In retrospect, for that one course, it would have been better if I made a huge connection strategy for myself earlier on.

I wonder if Te heavy people feel that way (though inverted) when someone with a heavy emphasis on Ti tells them only a few things.

Thoughts?
    I suspect that people who create a sense of disconnected, loose, random facts aren't really Te types. They may be Se types, or they may be F types who don't have strongly developed T.

However, Te, at its extreme, may tend to make too much emphasis to the external world (from a Ti perspective), which may be disconcerting because the external may seem unimportant, unverifiable, and too hard to tackle for someone focused on Ti.

People who use Ti together with Ne, when at the extreme, tend to talk about relations of entities in which it isn't clear what's being talked about...so it's up to the listener to unravel it. Another thing with Ti types is that they seem to use passive voice a lot, so you can't tell what the subject of their sentences is. I suspect that this can confuse other Ti types too sometimes.

However, most people are in between these extremes. It's too bad we don't have a "middle T" option....like Tm or something.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan
    I suspect that people who create a sense of disconnected, loose, random facts aren't really Te types.
    No.

I know exactly what UDP is talking about, and it's Te.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    I suspect that people who create a sense of disconnected, loose, random facts aren't really Te types.
    No.

I reread UDP's post, what is he/you talking about?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    No.

I reread UDP's post, what is he/you talking about?
    The ability to take the "flying facts of " and be able to somehow translate it into a form of understandable system.

I would write or jot down the facts as they came for later in case those would be what you are tested on, but I would try and somewhat ignore the facts in order to try and find the system or structure which underlies the facts. After you grasp the system, you could look back at the facts in your notes and fit them back into your structural understanding of the course content.
    "Alpha Quadra subforum. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ~Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Johari Box

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see extroverted judging functions as some sort of management system and not really a processing unit.

Te in particular seems to me like a recorder which keeps track of events in a detailed way, the relationship between causes and effects. When Te is used, the current situation is compared to other situations in the past and the one which is most similar is picked up (see a slight connection between Te/Fi? Fi types seek like minded people). Once such information is selected, it pretty much works like a cook recipe: tells you what to do, and what not to do, to archive something.

However, when it comes to what most of us understand as "logics", I believe it comes from Ti (or Fi), as always. Te types are also strong on Ti.

Extroverted functions, in short, are about "what/when/how works" and introverted functions are about "why works".

Both Fe/Te types look the same way to me: they simply acquire lots of knowledge and accurately release it when it's needed, so they give away the impression of being highly intelligent. The more educated and more experienced, the more effective this approach becomes. However, largely lacking introverted functions to synthesize concepts, they seem irrational to me. I believe that Ti/Fi types are rational and Fe/Te types are irrational.

In practice:

I remember listening to an anecdotal of my dad (INTj) about a car mechanic (ISTp). He was fixing a bus and my dad asked him a question: why do a passenger bus and a trailer use the same engine, if the trailer can transport much more mass. The mechanic answered that the gearbox of a trailer gives it more "power", which is false. It is the gearbox which makes the difference (Te) but not for that reason (Ti). The answer, for those who doesn't know much about physics, is that, if you spend more energy, but spend it slower, the net flux remains constant (it takes much more time to the trailer to gain speed).
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may the first thread of its kind on this forum. I hope to see other threads discussing and the other functions, as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand what's being discussed, but from the small amount of information I have understood, I think I can make this comment...

If someone asks me a question, such as "Is there plenty of length left on this cable?" I have to tell the person, "It depends on what you want to use it for." rather than just saying, "Yes" or "No". I cannot give them an answer until I know the whole reason as to what the extra length is needed for.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    I don't understand what's being discussed [...]
    It would be analogous to you observing that that a sequence of events is happening only because X event is possible. Or alternatively, reckoning that a possibility has been generated by a specific sequence of events, whereas before the events happened X event was not possible or acheivable.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's a question: we know what happens when looks at the beneath... but what happens when controls what sees? What happens when is compositing the structure, as opposed to the structure compositing the ?

When business rules the heiarchy, what do we have?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    It would be analogous to you observing that that a sequence of events is happening only because X event is possible. Or alternatively, reckoning that a possibility has been generated by a specific sequence of events, whereas before the events happened X event was not possible or acheivable.
    Right... I'm sure you could have said that in a more easily understable way.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Right... I'm sure you could have said that in a more easily understable way.
    Could I really? Evidence of it is everywhere yet to my knowledge an analysis of it has never been structured. That's what I think with complementary is/ with complementary is. I don't know because I don't allow myself to experience it.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there "Te logic", at all? Te is just pieces of information arranged according to how they affect each other. There is obviously a principle in the mind to create such arrangement, but I doubt it can be transfered like Ti concepts...
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't understand what's being discussed, but from the small amount of information I have understood, I think I can make this comment...

If someone asks me a question, such as "Is there plenty of length left on this cable?" I have to tell the person, "It depends on what you want to use it for." rather than just saying, "Yes" or "No". I cannot give them an answer until I know the whole reason as to what the extra length is needed for.
    I think that is more closely related to intuition than logic. Ni, really.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    Is there "Te logic", at all? Te is just pieces of information arranged according to how they affect each other. There is obviously a principle in the mind to create such arrangement, but I doubt it can be transfered like Ti concepts...
    That may be a useful assertion actually.

But to me it was "Te is just peices of information" and " Ti is the concept and framework/structure" of those things.
    They are just two aspects of the same branch, "T".

Ti is also "information arranged according to how they affect each other"
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That may be a useful assertion actually.

But to me it was "Te is just peices of information" and " Ti is the concept and framework/structure" of those things.
    They are just two aspects of the same branch, "T".

Ti is also "information arranged according to how they affect each other"

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we are talking about different things. Let's put it this way:

Information -> Te -> Information
    Information -> Ti -> Rule

In general, I think both Te and Fe work that way, it's just the criteria used to sort the information which changes. Fe works on subjective rules (what I like/dislike) and Te is objective.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe we are talking about different things. Let's put it this way:

Information -> Te -> Information
    Information -> Ti -> Rule

In general, I think both Te and Fe work that way, it's just the criteria used to sort the information which changes. Fe works on subjective rules (what I like/dislike) and Te is objective.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that works

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that works

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dioklecian's typings finally explained.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dioklecian's typings finally explained.
    "Arnie is strong, rightfully angry and wants to kill somebody."
    martin_g_karlsson