Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Male IEIs/INFps: what are they like? Your experiences.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Male IEIs/INFps: what are they like? Your experiences.

http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, those ARE my observations.

But apparently, girls seems to like us. Lucky lot we are.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    But the question is: do guys like ESTp females?
    This one does!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you include EII males, then this one does. They are fun to be around. The downside is that they're incredibly tiring.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got that feeling from every IEI guy that I've met including HarryBottom and Transiquent.
    Thank You.

Does a fat man like cookies?
    ha, ok...
    I don't know any actually... only a couple males, but I'm sure I would. :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's weird, i have noticed that as well. It's almost an "elegance". They love clothing as well, having their clothing nicely coordinated or something. I have a professor which seems to have an interest in fine arts. I think more for the "fine" aspect than the "art" one.

The moves are also delicately smooth, almost like they "pet" things in a soft sort of way.

I know one that is a connieseur(sp?) of ales, lagers and various indepently brewed beers, almost as though he is drawn to the olde fashioned sort of aspect of it.

I also know one which would wear a top hat at every opportunity but never in public.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transigent, you still give off an IEI impression to me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: observing male IEIs

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    This is very interesting, since I never thought that I would give off that impression in either real life or in any written communication.

Please explain how I give off that impression, I am quite interested since this is quite contrary to what I expected!
    For all of us who knew you from the start, perhaps it was the grandiloquence of your entrance?

Oh, and I made a mistake, so I now think Transigent is INFp, like you guys.

*waits for the "I told you so's"* :wink:
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

I should talk about this with my infp lab mouses for more reflections Laughing
    squeak squeak. I can identify with trying to carry an aura of elegance that I think is tempered somewhat by an occassionally not-so subtle whimsical personality. I don't like acting in ways I deem vulgar and disrespectful to other people. It's amusing that we're best matched to the vulgar ESTP, those con-artists who don't give a damn about being nice to other people unless they feel they can get something out of them.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEIs tend to have a "role-model" - basically someone they admire and want to take on the aura of. (You'll notice I said take on the "aura" of - not the physical appearance and comport of. We IEIs are interested in what the person represents as opposed to what the person is - where they came from, the experiences they have had, the ideals they stand for, etc.) Ironically, it usually turns out to be another IEI. Usually it is someone who is well-loved, much-respected, and oftentimes exemplifies a certain counterculture lifestyle. If there is no such person in real life, they usually take on an archetypal essence <- the outsider, the sensitive rebel without a cause, the mysterious and urbane Count, the starving artist out to save the world... and because they can internalize and empathize so profoundly, they usually succeed in exemplifying that aura.

At least, this is true in my case.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It has gotten to the point where he now confessed to me that he adores and loves me. The odd thing is that he really doesn't know me well at all. He has this picture of me in his head and it's the picture he idolizes.

Is that somewhere along the lines of what you said? What does one do?? I always thought I like being worshipped, but, ehm, the pressure is just too much...
    Uh...heh.... Yah, we do generally tend to do this.

Ok, and I will admit that he pretty damn gorgeous! Is that an INFp thing as well??
    I'd like to think so. :wink:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    That is so interesting! I just typed a good friend of mine as an INFp (not doubt) and he tends to, no, he does put me up on a pedestal. We have been good friends for a long time and there were times when we dreamed of our future. Now, 10 years later, I am pretty much where I want to be while he is not. Now it seems as if I represent all that he longs for: Independence, education, ambitions, all the while glorifying me to no end (and trust me, my life or myself are not all that gloríous!!). It has gotten to the point where he now confessed to me that he adores and loves me. The odd thing is that he really doesn't know me well at all. He has this picture of me in his head and it's the picture he idolizes.
    lol, Kim! That does strike a chord. We get obsessed over people. I think this is what people mean when they say we are "Easily infatuated." It's not so much we get infatuated easily, but that when we do, it's totally hardcore.

Ok, and I will admit that he pretty damn gorgeous! Is that an INFp thing as well?? :wink:
    Yes... yes it is. Being beautiful is a prerequisite to being INFp.

On the ESTp thing - what I love about them is they're so genuine. Sure, they're badass, but they don't force themselves to be like so many other types. I admire that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, what does that mean again?
    It means you're cool.

Quote Originally Posted by krae
    Being beautiful is a prerequisite to being INFp.

I assume that was half-serious.

Not every INFp out there is beautiful.. I think that can hurt an infp alot.
    Of course! It was a joke. Sorry if it came off the wrong way. That said, I've never really met anyone who wasn't beautiful on some degree.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to be INFp, in that case.

( :wink: )
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

[. We get obsessed over people. I think this is what people mean when they say we are "Easily infatuated." It's not so much we get infatuated easily, but that when we do, it's totally hardcore. .
    Holy shit, it is! He is talking about living with me, asks me these weird questions about where I see myself later, is jealous of my love interest.

But the sad part is that he is married and that makes it all pretty iffy...
    Plus the fact that I'm not interested (anymore...5 years ago it would have been a different story).

INFps are really beautiful people, I think. Not in a conventional way, but there is something about them. And if Baby were about 10 years older, I'd lose my heart on a chat board *sigh*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think IEIs tend to have a "role-model" - basically someone they admire and want to take on the aura of. (You'll notice I said take on the "aura" of - not the physical appearance and comport of. We IEIs are interested in what the person represents as opposed to what the person is - where they came from, the experiences they have had, the ideals they stand for, etc.) Ironically, it usually turns out to be another IEI.
    Thats what it is! I've finally found the meaning! The reason all us INFPs are here.... for other INFPs.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim (nlo)
    And if Baby were about 10 years older, I'd lose my heart on a chat board *sigh*

Wow. I feel loved! I'd reciprocate, but it sounds like you're already in a complicated love triangle with this other guy that would just be even more complicated with me in the picture. Sadly, it cannot be.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord

I want to be INFp, in that case.

( :wink: )
    You can always be an honorary member. Almost as good!

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom

Thats what it is! I've finally found the meaning! The reason all us INFPs are here.... for other INFPs.
    Woah... but then those other INFPs are here for us... and we're here for...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah... but then those other INFPs are here for us... and we're here for...
    Yah, I started doing that too, but I figured I'd let you do it instead.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krae
    hmm. right now i can't give you something useful as advice but.. try to hit him with something heavy.
    Like what...?
    A marriage proposal. That should send him runnning in the other direction.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My advice: become a disgusting, nasty, bitchy person just for him. Being ENFp, you'll be too cute to pull this off without working REALLY REALLY REALLY hard, but if anything, it should put him right off of you while making him think it's his own decision not to pursue you any longer.

Some things you should start doing in his presence to fend him off:
    - ignore him when he says something; talk ONLY of yourself! Never even consider his opinions as correct. When he makes a comment, just keep going perhaps stating the exact opposite of what he said.
    - be gross. Blow/pick your nose. Cough incessantly. Ask him if there's something in your teeth.
    - talk about money... loudly and matter-of-factly, ensuring that he knows how inept he is at his own finances
    - be condescending in every way possible (although, try not to hurt his feelings too much)
    - smile when he speaks, as if you don't understand a word of what he's saying, and as if you are humoring him

Poor devil. He'll be soon relocating far, far away from you. :wink:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I don't want him to fantasize over some Kim utopia when he should really get his marriage straightened out...There is absolutely no hope for us!
    Come on, Kim, do you really that that you are that irresistable? :wink:

Maybe just introduce him to socionics and show him that that contrasts never work out.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure we can be reasoned with! *

*But you have to crush our souls first.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

[quote="Rocky"]
    Come on, Kim, do you really that that you are that irresistable? :wink: [quote]

I'm not.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*But you have to crush our souls first.
    I can't do that...
    You're so cute! Then I'm afraid the only way to cool this guy down is to be utterly repulsive.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

You're so cute!
    In all my ENFp patheticness! :wink:

I'm afraid the only way to cool this guy down is to be utterly repulsive.
    Oh, great! *goes off to practice burping and slurping while smearing ketchup all over her 20-year old shirt...* Oh, what all we do to keep a friend... :wink:

Ok, since we are speaking of INFp males here (we are, aren't we?), here are my thoughts (based on two INFp male friends):

- Constantly whine about being different, but would never ever want to be not different. The celebrate being misunderstood while whining about it. It's too cute. Narcists!

- Are super-sensitive to criticism or anything they perceive as such. Are you lot pretty insecure?

- Are so impractical that they make me feel like the most efficient person in the world.

- Like to talk about themselves and, ehm, are not the best listeners...

- Create their own little worlds - which are quite fascinating!

- Are really creative and artistic!

- Make me feel super-comfortable!

- I can really connect with them well and they are fun!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    - Constantly whine about being different, but would never ever want to be not different. The celebrate being misunderstood while whining about it. It's too cute. Narcists!
    Hey, you're right!

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Hey, you're right!
    I'm yet to meet an INFp (male or female) who is not like that. You guys just love the mysterious aura of being misunderstood and marginalized. I think you don't just see other people for what they represent. You do the same with yourselves, too. No?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. My INFj friend and some INTjs do that, only they more or less look at themselves at physically weird than mentally weird. Seems like everyone wants to be different, yet still part of the group.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default :|

This thread has just reaffirmed that I am DEFINITELY an INFp. Not an INFj. I love you all!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yah, Kim I pretty much agree with what you said exept that I don't really complain about being different.... I do whine about being misunderstood and I may say I'm weird as more of a defence mechanism so others don't have to say it. I also don't agree with either...

- Are so impractical that they make me feel like the most efficient person in the world.

- Like to talk about themselves and, ehm, are not the best listeners...
    At least I often think I'm pretty practical. In a certain sence. Well, I actually usually think the same thing you said about INFPs about ENFPs.... I think a lot of the time I don't see thier logic and they don't see mine. Contrary relation thing? Who knows.

Yah, I like to talk about myself... but I still concider myself a pretty good listener. I may tune out, but thats only when I'm being commanded to do something, lectured, etc. When people are speaking about theirselves I usually listen.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    Yah, Kim I pretty much agree with what you said exept that I don't really complain about being different.... I do whine about being misunderstood...
    My brother is an INFP. He doesn't necessarily complain about being different, but he does talk alot about how different he is.

This one, I have to agree with. My brother is not very practical. It seems that I am generally the one who has to remember the practicalities.

Practicality differences show up especially when dealing with theories. I mean, I try really hard to understand what he's saying, in the hopes of getting something out of it that I can use. But when it comes down to the application...*sniff sniff*...I'm normally left hanging. But alas, the majority of that stems from the following:

I think a lot of the time I don't see thier logic and they don't see mine. Contrary relation thing? Who knows.
    This has crept up most noticably in our attempts to understand the socionics and function thing. We approach it from two completely paths, and no matter how hard we attempt to explain our path to each other, or try to find some way of interpreting it, we just can't. Like two completely different languages that once in a while might use a similar term.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-heathiep

on what baby said about adapting the 'aura' of another person. As an ESTp, i really get into other people too, but not who they are in a social context, i just really really admire talented people. I met a few musicians who really inspired me because of their skill, and they taught me a lot about hard word, etc. I wanted to be like them in a sense of their capability as opposed to their so called aura. i have a little more to say about my various run-in with INFP males later.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: :|

Quote Originally Posted by ScarlettLux
    This thread has just reaffirmed that I am DEFINITELY an INFp. Not an INFj. I love you all!
    I think to some extent all NFs think of themselves as being mentally rather than physically different...not just INFps. I am not sure if it is a good idea to use this thread to make any conclusions about what one's type is or isn't.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by heathiep
    on what baby said about adapting the 'aura' of another person. As an ESTp, i really get into other people too, but not who they are in a social context, i just really really admire talented people. I met a few musicians who really inspired me because of their skill, and they taught me a lot about hard word, etc. I wanted to be like them in a sense of their capability as opposed to their so called aura. i have a little more to say about my various run-in with INFP males later.
    yeah i do this. i admire people quite often (professors etc.) the "aura" draws me in but i know i can never "get" that, really (and in some cases i wouldn't want to.)

male infps/enfjs can really set me reeling.
    I can definitely understand this. I think, for me at least, I worry sometimes that I wouldn't be able to develop those capabilities, ambitions, and things. There are definitely a lot of musicians I've learned from in terms of how to sing/play, how to go about the business of music, etc. Although, I'm sorry to say I haven't been really successful at reaching those levels of perfection, technical proficiency, and ambition. For me, I guess I identify with the less tangible things that make up a person - hence the "aura" aspect of it. I think I learn more easily from people's words than their actual actions. But I definitely admire people who have a sense of self-posession, and drive.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Kraus
    I'm going to bump this!

One thing that I REALLY love about male INFps is their smiles. Every male INFp that I've ever encountered has it.

Lemme explain. Say there's something that he finds funny. Sometimes, he doesn't really want to show it, so he tries really hard to not smile. However, he can't hold back completely, so he lets out this kind of shy grin, doing his best not to laugh. It makes me all mushy and euphoric inside whenever they do this!

When I say "he," I'm talking about male INFps in general.

I think I do that.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Yeah I don't think I've ever met, or at least recogonized an ESTp female. I know 3 ESTps, all male, so, =/

I don't know any other INFp's either come to think of it, male or female.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kraus
    Lemme explain. Say there's something that he finds funny. Sometimes, he doesn't really want to show it, so he tries really hard to not smile. However, he can't hold back completely, so he lets out this kind of shy grin, doing his best not to laugh. It makes me all mushy and euphoric inside whenever they do this!
    Shit... you can tell we're trying not to laugh? lol, I do that all the time, and I'm not even sure why I care if people see me laughing.

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Well I sorta know why I do it all the time. Well why I do it MORE anyways.

When I used to get upset, Peter would make a joke and I'd want to laugh but then that screwed up my upsetness, and made it seem less serious when I wanted to be serious. Heh. Most of the time that was appreciated though.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is it really that rare to be able to read people?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Creepy-aurora_faerie

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    is it really that rare to be able to read people?

I'm not sure...sometimes I pride myself on being able to while others around me can't though.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast