View Poll Results: what is Conan's type?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

9 60.00%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

0 0%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

0 0%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

1 6.67%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

0 0%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

2 13.33%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

3 20.00%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Conan O'Brien

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's not really dry or serious like serious Te/Fi quadra IMO, he plays around with his emotions much more, as though he 'shares' them with whichever group of people apprehended, in thine sequence yielding of extroverted ethics (to be completely literal with the term so there's no confusion. extroversion in the Jungian/Socionics sense.) But I can see from interviews some trace of what you're talking about, in that he's a logical type and will be an attempt at fluently logical, dry, over emotional flavor. I notice this with ILEs just as much as any T. The major problem I see is his adherence to the external emotional factor, one is not only apparent but in some vivid demonstration of traces of establishment perceived by the subject, where no LIE would even think of it. But 'external emotional factor' is such a vague set of words, yet a vivid term, so where's the compromise? It lies within the examples of types.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterNi View Post
    He seems rather IEE. His humor is Fi based and he moves around in an Si kinesthetic way.
    whats his name, the guy on after Leno on NBC these days is IEE. Ellen Degeneres is IEE. Conan's humor and demeanor are markedly different.

EDIT: Jimmy Fallon is the guy I was referring to after Leno.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    He seems rather IEE. His humor is Fi based and he moves around in an Si kinesthetic way.
    whats his name, the guy on after Leno on NBC these days is IEE. Ellen Degeneres is IEE. Conan's humor and demeanor are markedly different.

I always typed Jimmy Fallon as SLE or SEE and Ellen Degeneres as LIE or ILE. It's hard to type TV personalities without knowing them very well as often times they're putting on an act for the camera. Jimmy Carson was pretty well known for being polar opposites on camera and in his personal life.

IEE Ne Creative Type

Some and role lovin too. () I too...
    !!!!!!

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always typed Jimmy Fallon as SLE or SEE and Ellen Degeneres as LIE or ILE. It's hard to type TV personalities without knowing them very well as often times they're putting on an act for the camera. Jimmy Carson was pretty well known for being polar opposites on camera and in his personal life.
    Ellen Degeneres is very sensitive to Fi though and very adept with it. I've watched her show many times and she's goofy and fun but none of her jokes ever transgress Fi. I noticed the same with Jimmy Fallon. They can't be Fi-POLR.

People's information processing does come through in everything they do, including act and tell jokes and host shows.

Craig Ferguson is SEE. Jimmy Fallon is a lot softer, less edgy. As a side comment, note that Craig Ferguson also is careful with considering Fi. He does sometimes make jokes that MIGHT hurt people's feelings, but he unfailingly manages to smooth it over and take it back.

Not Conan. The meaner, grosser, and stupider the joke, the funnier he thinks he is. That's Fe-HA.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ellen Degeneres is very sensitive to Fi though and very adept with it. I've watched her show many times and she's goofy and fun but none of her jokes ever transgress Fi. I noticed the same with Jimmy Fallon. They can't be Fi-POLR.
    This is truly terrible reasoning. She can't be Fi-PoLR because she's not Fi-awkward? How about this? She's a well-adjusted 50+ woman so she doesn't have to worry about her PoLR so she's not offensive to Fi. People do learn how to cover their weak spots as they grow older so none of what you've written negates that.

People's information processing does come through in everything they do, including act and tell jokes and host shows.
    Really? So are you trying to say that multi-dimensional actors are typeless then?

Craig Ferguson is SEE. Jimmy Fallon is a lot softer, less edgy. As a side comment, note that Craig Ferguson also is careful with considering Fi. He does sometimes make jokes that MIGHT hurt people's feelings, but he unfailingly manages to smooth it over and take it back.
    That would point more toward Fe-ego actually. Fi egos would be more moralistic or fatalistic (self-effacing) after making a social gaff. Assuming they don't have an Ni or Si ego to bail them out.

Not Conan. The meaner, grosser, and stupider the joke, the funnier he thinks he is. That's Fe-HA.
    Wrong again! What the heck?? None of what you've written is Fe-HA. Not only that, you're horribly insulting. Lets keep things civil here.

So if you watch Conan's interviews and the types of people he invites to his show, you'll notice he gets along with Fi-valuers very well and struggles with Fe-valuers. You seem to be typing him solely on his comedy sketches which is an absurd way to type a show host.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post

Actually, yeah, that's a very good argument for ego. I think a lot of people have an image of ILEs as goofy/clownish which in most cases is simply not true. Goofiness is usually more characteristic of ethical types.
    IMO, I think goofiness is more of an EXXP temperament trait rather than being a trait of ethical types.
    I'm not surprised that you say this and Kamangir disagrees, considering that this is a stereotype about ILEs that goes back to the early days of the forum. But I'm fairly sure there isn't really any socionic source that will back it up.

can lead to a kind of silliness, but one that is more detached, mental, and often even dry rather than "goofy". There is a big element of in his humor and I probably wouldn't consider any sensing type.

LIE is a more reasonable suggestion. I'll have to revisit the Rose interview - he's definitely more serious, but I don't know about "dry". If he was LIE, I would also expect to see some flavor of come out in his humor.

TIM
    SLI/ISTp/594/5w4
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

like WA, I've also typed Fallon and Generes as IEE. Really, no one for Conan as ILI? Mirror of LIE..
    Last edited by meals; 08-30-2011 at 04:23 PM.
    / ISTp / SLI / 5w4 / 594 / sp/sx
    / Lunar 12-egram /

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is truly terrible reasoning. She can't be Fi-PoLR because she's not Fi-awkward? How about this? She's a well-adjusted 50+ woman so she doesn't have to worry about her PoLR so she's not offensive to Fi. People do learn how to cover their weak spots as they grow older so none of what you've written negates that.

Really? So are you trying to say that multi-dimensional actors are typeless then?

That would point more toward Fe-ego actually. Fi egos would be more moralistic or fatalistic (self-effacing) after making a social gaff. Assuming they don't have an Ni or Si ego to bail them out.

Wrong again! What the heck?? None of what you've written is Fe-HA. Not only that, you're horribly insulting. Lets keep things civil here.

So if you watch Conan's interviews and the types of people he invites to his show, you'll notice he gets along with Fi-valuers very well and struggles with Fe-valuers. You seem to be typing him solely on his comedy sketches which is an absurd way to type a show host.

Look MisterNi i didn't intend to be insulting by what i said. It's just how i feel about Conan's humor, which is why i dont like him or his show. It's not just how he is on his show, i've watched his interviews too. As for the sociotypes of people he invites to his show and who he gets along with, you could be mistyping them, just like (imo) you're mistyping him. That's also a bad way to judge type.

Being well adjusted has nothing to do with Fi-sensitivity or not.

Also i think the type of jokes comedians tell on their own personal shows can be EXTREMELY revealing of their information processing, motivations, and socionic values. The comedians themselves do participate in writing their scripts and have final say on what jokes they will tell and how they will do it. Also on shows like Ellen's or Conan's there is a lot of improvisation that is involved especially when it comes to interacting with their guests, which cannot be scripted. These can be highly informative to me as to someone's sociotype and valued IMs.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm pretty sure Conan is ILE or LII, he has some serious problems with Leno(SEE).

These two don't like each other from far more then just a job related level.

ILE descriptions almost never talk about goofiness. It's a stereotype from MBTI and some of the more colorful descriptions out there.

TIM
    C-IEE Ne (862)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look MisterNi i didn't intend to be insulting by what i said. It's just how i feel about Conan's humor, which is why i dont like him or his show. It's not just how he is on his show, i've watched his interviews too. As for the sociotypes of people he invites to his show and who he gets along with, you could be mistyping them, just like (imo) you're mistyping him. That's also a bad way to judge type.
    I think we're going to have to agree to disagree. Typing someone by the way you feel about them isn't a very effective way of typing and certainly not better than typing by their relations with others. That might be a clash though.

Being well adjusted has nothing to do with Fi-sensitivity or not.
    My point was simply that a well adjusted and well developed person won't have as many problems with their PoLR. This is especially true as a person grows older and wiser.

Also i think the type of jokes comedians tell on their own personal shows can be EXTREMELY revealing of their information processing, motivations, and socionic values. The comedians themselves do participate in writing their scripts and have final say on what jokes they will tell and how they will do it.
    OK, I agree with you there but none of Conan's comedy seems even remotely Ti just a lot of either Ne/Ni with Fi and some forced Fe. Also, just because you don't like him doesn't mean Conan can't be an Fi-valuer. You have to remember, that Conan is a performer first, so he may sometimes have to cross boundaries to be considered "edgy", especially since a younger crowd watches him. If anything, I'd say he's an IEE who's had to cater his humor to a beta audience. That might be why you think he's not an Fi-valuer because at times he has to say Fi-offensive things to get a laugh.

IEE Ne Creative Type

!!!!!!

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    He's not really dry or serious like serious Te/Fi quadra IMO, he plays around with his emotions much more, as though he 'shares' them with whichever group of people apprehended, in thine sequence yielding of extroverted ethics (to be completely literal with the term so there's no confusion. extroversion in the Jungian/Socionics sense.) But I can see from interviews some trace of what you're talking about, in that he's a logical type and will be an attempt at fluently logical, dry, over emotional flavor. I notice this with ILEs just as much as any T. The major problem I see is his adherence to the external emotional factor, one is not only apparent but in some vivid demonstration of traces of establishment perceived by the subject, where no LIE would even think of it. But 'external emotional factor' is such a vague set of words, yet a vivid term, so where's the compromise? It lies within the examples of types.
    You answered your question. Trust your own brain and not the idiotic masses. Nothing about Fe leading contradicts his behavior.

1. Extraverted Ethics (ESE)
    The ESE is quick to recognize and respond to passion and emotional involvement, stimulating it where there is none and fueling it where there is. He is well aware of his own and others' passions and tastes and likes to do and say things that stimulates and gives expression to these passions. The ESE likes to see people become lively and animated and show what they feel without thinking first. The ESE equally expects others to let out their negative emotions (despair, anger, sadness) in periods of distress, since he knows keeping them inside can only aggravate bitterness and discontent. His dual the LII finds this openness liberating, and appreciates someone who can positively guide and influence the emotions he communicates.
    The ESE is typically an engaging communicator, communicating a kind of naive excitement about whatever he talks about. He likes to playfully personalize discussion of topics by telling stories and sharing anecdotes drawn from his past.
    The ESE sees reality through the prism of the emotional atmosphere around him, which is mainly, though not exclusively, influenced by the surrounding people and their moods. He will always have much to say about the "vibe" given off by various sensory stimuli.
    He is not at all hesitant about steering the emotional environment in the direction he sees fit. He'll liven up the atmosphere with jokes if it's too gloomy, or get people down to business if they're being too frivolous.
    The ESE makes inquiries into people's states based on cues given by their expressions.
    The ESE will take great satisfaction in interacting with people who are receptive to emotional activation.
    1. Extraverted Ethics (EIE)
    EIEs are naturally animate and passionate and are skilled at generating liveliness and excitement. They believe that people need to be emotionally involved in life, not distant or indifferent to the important things that are happening. EIEs often hold strong views about governance and social custom, though their beliefs stem from the interests of their close emotional relationships. EIEs like to involve people in interaction and create groups based around a shared experience. They tend to try to continually broaden these groups and engage people who seem to be on the sidelines. The individuals who the EIE is spending time with are far more important to the EIE than the event that is actually taking place. EIEs like to make their friends laugh, and employ an over-the-top style of humor. Often the joke is on the EIE, whether or not they know it.
    EIEs are one of the most insightful types about the minds and inner workings of people, and as a result are likely to be skilled persuaders. Their sensitivity to the emotional flow around them allows them a relative sense of emotional control of a situation, and they have an uncanny ability to convince others, even without the use of logic. EIEs generally don't use their persuasion tactics for manipulative gain over others (as much of their sense of self-worth comes from impacting people positively), but they've been known to use these tactics negatively in cases where they cannot win approval of their arguments. In many situations, nevertheless, EIEs value equality among social standards and do not mind taking the back seat if others wish to take the lead. EIEs love their friends, and they will do anything to keep them. Time spent alone for the EIE is often spent thinking about how to better interact with close relationships, even when time spent in those relationships is not particularly pleasing. Even when the other individual is hostile, if the EIE judges them to be a friend they will act in a caring fashion and show affection to the other.
    1. Extraverted Intuition (ILE)
    The ILE is typically a "big picture" kind of person, and tends to speak in generalizations about both people and things, omitting any details he deems mundane or uninteresting. He is acutely aware of what interests and what bores him. This leads him to always search for novelty and surprising things. At any given moment, the ILE usually has a number of projects and/or skills that he is working on developing, and stays with these interests as long as he feels they have potential for growth. The ILE gets bored easily with rote tasks that do involve lots of repetition and little innovation, although he tolerates them if they are necessary to succeed in society.
    The ILE is a creative thinker, and enjoys discussing his often unusual perspectives with others. These will often be expressed through unique and strange (but effective) analogies.
    The ILE is constantly aware of the possibilities inherent in social, natural or other systems, and of the areas with the greatest potential within them. The ILE operates by using Extroverted Intuition to attune themselves to the multiple variables continually being expressed within the environment and proceeds to elucidate feasible connections and boundaries of context in order to change the way one perceives that which is operating below the surface of either everyday life or more dynamic technical arenas. To An ILE, the world is a vast network of stars with infinitely interchangeable constellations emerging from the open-ended framework. Extroverted Intuition as a leading function pushes with white-hot intensity the active rearranging of the lego-blocks of reality; not necessarily with any intention towards construction or creativity, but with the ultimate goal of introducing novelty and fresh perspectives. Combined with Introverted Thinking as a secondary function, Extroverted Intuition finds compatible yet more disciplined, objective thinking to harness its irrational, unruled nature into a potentially functional talent.
    Now call me crazy, but what would you say Poli makes sense for conan from those descriptions?

I'll tell you what, anyone that picks Ne and has been a member of this forum for many years should be shot and killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Director Kam View Post
    Goofiness is infantile () related. Much less related.
    I disagree wholeheartedly.
    Oh, thank God. Somebody that actually grasps what the functions mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    I still think the EJ temperament fits better than EP. Just sayin'
    It definitely does. I have no problem with people typing him any of the EJ types, even if I'm certain he's Fe leading, but jesus christ, some of you have been members of this forum for many years and haven't even learned the functions.

@Ashton
    You could actually learn something here. You are wrong.

And this is not EP behavior, people. If you've been a member of the forum for years and can't grasp that, then get a new hobby or something; you're wasting your time.

CHRIST
    Last edited by mu4; 09-02-2011 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Keep it civil

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magna View Post
    You answered your question. Trust your own brain and not the idiotic masses. Nothing about Fe leading contradicts his behavior.

Now call me crazy, but what would you say Poli makes sense for conan from those descriptions? I'll tell you what, anyone that picks Ne and has been a member of this forum for many years should be shot and killed.

It definitely does. I have no problem with people typing him any of the EJ types, even if I'm certain he's Fe leading, but jesus christ, some of you have been members of this forum for many years and haven't even learned the functions.

@Ashton

And this is not EP behavior, people. If you've been a member of the forum for years and can't grasp that, then get a new hobby or something; you're wasting your time.

CHRIST
    Way to over commit on the Ad Homein fallacy buddy. Insulting people doesn't make you more right than they are, it just makes you look like a douche bag. You've only been here for a few months and you have the arrogance of someone who has been here for years, pathetic.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Magna
    What is and isn't EP behavior?

If you are using the wikisocion functional descriptions, they're not that good.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ashton
    Nah.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now call me crazy, but what would you say Poli makes sense for conan from those descriptions? I'll tell you what, anyone that picks Ne and has been a member of this forum for many years should be shot and killed.

@Ashton

CHRIST
    Way to over commit on the Ad Homein fallacy buddy. Insulting people doesn't make you more right than they are, it just makes you look like a douche bag. You've only been here for a few months and you have the arrogance of someone who has been here for years, pathetic.
    Hah, I've backed up my argument with reason. The fallacy is just to see who will focus on it and not provide any of their own.

TRAVELER FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by hkkmr View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magna
    What is and isn't EP behavior?

If you are using the wikisocion functional descriptions, they're not that good.
    I'm using Jung, the functions, and my knowledge of the unconscious being what motivates/demotivates us as my understanding. The wikisocion quotes were just to cement to you all what I already understood.

Temperaments ARE the functions. If he's using so much Fe, we see that energy. His comedic career is based on being EJ and Fe. If you want to come up with bizarre theories that somehow make him ILE, then we're coming up with contrived bullshit and well that's not very rational for something that's supposed to be practical to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashton View Post
    @Ashton
    Nah.
    Yeah, okay. So you're saying all of the types can become their activator. Hmm, let me think about it.
    ILE - ESE
    LII - SEI
    ILI - ESI
    LIE - SEE

BUT IT'S WRONG

Nice job making stuff up, you almost sounded like you knew what you were talking about.

Banned
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, okay. So you're saying all of the types can become their activator. Hmm, let me think about it.

Nice job making stuff up, you almost sounded like you knew what you were talking about.
    Except I wasn't saying that at all.

Looks like you're the one making stuff up.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With you on this one...he seems rational. Maybe even LII but not ILE.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Banned
    TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You've only been here for a few months and you have the arrogance of someone who has been here for years, pathetic.
    Same shit in a new package. This weirdo has been on here longer, I think it is his second or third account.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Male IEE

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Hah, I've backed up my argument with reason. The fallacy is just to see who will focus on it and not provide any of their own.

TRAVELER FAIL
    You may of backed up your argument at the beginning with irrelevant data, but when discredited, you downgraded to petty insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post
    You've only been here for a few months and you have the arrogance of someone who has been here for years, pathetic.
    Same shit in a new package. This weirdo has been on here longer, I think it is his second or third account.
    I had that feeling, but now he just seems hypocritical.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, but Conan uses Fe. And yet you type him as Ne leading. Would you deny Fe?

See the problem dear Ashton is not about the possibility that he could be ENTp, it's about typing without bias, so that people can form reasonable conclusions. We could say that Conan is an ENTp and that he's developed the use of his superid, and perhaps in reality that could be true, and maybe this is what a self-actualized person could become. But now we run into a problem of rationalizing how this differs from an Fe leading and even from an ENTp ego. Do we then say goofy Fe belongs only to ENTp to back up the assertion and then deny it to Fe leading types that display the same thing?

Conan could also be displaying a persona. But this should not be considered in typing. If you want to make an argument for ENTp, while discarding his career as a persona, that's fine, so long as the Fe career he has is understood to not relate to his true type.

And why does this concern me? It's not that I want to single you out and make you look like a fool, it's a matter of principle. A lot of people listen to you and yet you put out contradictory information. How is the community supposed to get anything out of socionics this way? It's no wonder that no one can agree on anything and it's not because socionics is a poor theory.

TRAVELER FAIL
    You may of backed up your argument at the beginning with irrelevant data, but when discredited, you downgraded to petty insults.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurd View Post

I had that feeling, but now he just seems hypocritical.
    Ah, but the data wasn't discredited. I was given an opinion that it wasn't good data, but nothing to show that it wasn't. Wrong again, Traveler.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

See the problem dear Ashton is not about the possibility that he could be ENTp, it's about typing without bias, so that people can form reasonable conclusions. We could say that Conan is an ENTp and that he's developed the use of his superid, and perhaps in reality that could be true, and maybe this is what a self-actualized person could become. But now we run into a problem of rationalizing how this differs from an Fe leading and even from an ENTp ego. Do we then say goofy Fe belongs only to ENTp to back up the assertion and then deny it to Fe leading types that display the same thing?

Conan could also be displaying a persona. But this should not be considered in typing. If you want to make an argument for ENTp, while discarding his career as a persona, that's fine, so long as the Fe career he has is understood to not relate to his true type.
    One doesn't need to be Fe leading to show a display full of Fe or have an Fe-centered career. ENTp's use Fe obnoxiously (Fe being their HA) which is how I see Conan.

Punk
    TIM
    ESE
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One doesn't need to be Fe leading to show a display full of Fe or have an Fe-centered career. ENTp's use Fe obnoxiously (Fe being their HA) which is how I see Conan.
    Thank you for giving a reason. I respect you for that even if I need to explain why I think it isn't an objective one for the sake of better discussion.

So I'm not sure that's what Jung had in mind though when he talked about the different types of people based on the eight functions. If we say Conan's Fe is obnoxious and that makes it the superid of an ENTp, then we would also then reach the conclusion that the superid is obnoxious for all types. And I don't think that is a good objective way of talking about type because what is obnoxious depends on influences other than information processing. And I don't think everyone would agree that the superid is obnoxious.

Also, for clarification, Jung talked about the superid in explaining neurosis, and it was something that got expressed through the socionics superego.

It's also possible this is a case where socionics isn't meant to be applied because he is a comedian and humor is universal. Unless the forum has come to a conclusion on what types of humor belong to certain types, but I'm sure that's been up for debate for ages, just as everything else.

And I've yet to see anyone understand the types without having assumptions placed on those types or their functions, due to the positioning in model A. These assumptions are what lead to all these contradictions. Assumptions should be separate from information processing. Know what I mean?

TIM
    x s x p s p s x
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thank you for giving a reason. I respect you for that even if I need to explain why I think it isn't an objective one for the sake of better discussion.

So I'm not sure that's what Jung had in mind though when he talked about the different types of people based on the eight functions. If we say Conan's Fe is obnoxious and that makes it the superid of an ENTp, then we would also then reach the conclusion that the superid is obnoxious for all types. And I don't think that is a good objective way of talking about type because what is obnoxious depends on influences other than information processing. And I don't think everyone would agree that the superid is obnoxious.
    There is no "we" saying he was obnoxious, it was specifically WA, seeing things through the eyes of an Fi-IEE, and IEEs don't value , much less that which is found in the Super-id, and Super-id matters are generally handled with more enthusiasm than competence; I still recall that one ILE who stood on a lunch table, turned bright red, sang happy birthday to a girl, and proceeded to get booed and/or pelted with food by almost every single person in the cafeteria

It's also possible this is a case where socionics isn't meant to be applied because he is a comedian and humor is universal.
    Oh hell no!

I can't stand Seinfeld and South Park at all. YouTube Poops are not universally accepted in the slightest. Dead baby jokes can get responses ranging through laughter, indifference, and disgust. Then there's that one comic strip I made ages ago...
    p . . . a . . . n . . . d . . . o . . . r . . . a
    trad metalz | (more coming)

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yes! SLEs do this as well, it all comes down to HA.

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Creepy-pokeball

It took a while to pin point this very odd fella, but I landed on INFj 6w5. Its his socionics combination that is makes him difficult to pin point, especially with the 5 wing.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with typings for LIE. Ej, quite serious, stern and tough outside of the confines of his persona. He doesn't seem to have much patience for people who aren't quick and seems like he absolutely despises his games guy (struck me as some kind of alpha). I don't know what type his assistant Sonia is but there was a moment in one of their videos together when she called him out for a Fi transgression without hesitation, which he disputed feebly but seemed to take to heart; that he's kept her on as his assistant for 6+ years and she felt confident/comfortable enough to do this makes me think he's not Fi-PoLR. I'd like to see him with someone who he can't keep up with for once to see how he reacts but he always seems more quick-witted than his guest. His skits with Kevin Hart can get a little painful for me to watch because of how Hart notices he's falling behind and fights to gain ground but fails.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was thinking LIE or maybe IEE but yeah LIE.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
    Male IEE
    Thank you, i was having a bit of trouble with that.

I like the LIE look.

TIM
    LIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is ESE a possibility?

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His humor is so harmless and naive I have trouble not liking it or him. Absurd connections. It feels like an echo of myself spitting back at me the type of humor I'd love to indulge myself in if I didn't think adults are not supposed to do that. Also, he deflects situations to himself when he's with other people, makes himself the butt of jokes. Compare that to Jimmy Kimmel, who is more willing to ‘attack’ his guests, has more of a sting to his humor. O’Brien’s taunting of Jordan Schlansky is just familiar teasing.

If you’re curious: in the following video (at around 52:15), Schlansky, someone who’s actually known him for years, admits that he has an interest in the Myers and Briggs typing system, types himself as an INTP and seems to imply O’Brien is an ENTP. Could be a case of mistyping but there it is (and it would explain why they have good chemistry, to which both admit).

Try to type Jordan Schlansky. If he strikes you as LII, you might be closer to O’Brien’s type.

No, really, could anyone type Schlansky? I'm interested in his type.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Double post, sorry: I've just remembered his assistant Sona accused him of breaking into silly characters or making joking comments when she went to him with important or urgent matters. She actually said it was like he couldn't take things seriously. An aversion to responsibility, it would seem. Infatile trait? Or just too old and rich to care...

TIM
    EII Sx/Sp 9w1 (954)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conan O'Brien - ESFP - Napoleon
    Sterling Archer - INTP - Balzac

Conan: How do you stay feeling this awesome all the time?
    Archer: I am aaalways drunk.
    Last edited by khcs; 10-17-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be taken with a grain of salt since it's only an impression made in a supposed dual or semi dual but posted here for posterity, I give you:

Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    An encounter I had. We were a party of 10 people sitting in a restaurant. He had the habit of interjecting witty comments about people he interacted with whenever he could in a joking manner. Quick at noticing things about people and situations, but his comments were overall funny and innocent, delivered in a way that seemed to belong to a people's person, not shy at all and with good timing. Innocent except one time when he turned to my superior and asked the whereabouts of the person who formerly held my position and added that this person was the best for the job. While I was there sitting in between them. But I realized it hadn't been on purpose. Young, curious and sheltered, he kept asking us to tell him what our food and drinks consisted of, describe all the ingredients to him and give him suggestions form musicians to check out. Always prodding with questions. He unceremoniously looked at my phone screen to see what I was doing. A stem student.

What type and I describing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    He sounds ILE to me, honestly.

Curious and questioning implies Ti. Funny comments, easy interactions with people implies Fe, Nosing into your cell phone and thoughtless comments about your qualifications implies being clueless about Fi. Interested in food and musical recommendations is Si. So he could be any Alpha, but the curiosity and personal cluelessness are traits I've seen most obviously in ILE's.
    They can be like little kids sometimes. "Oh, does this bother you? Why?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusal View Post
    Thank you. I was undecided whether ILE or IEE for him. I think I mentioned him before, and I bring him up because I read the Conan O’Brien thread and saw LIE proposed by some. If that were the case, I was reacting too well to my conflictor (O’Brien), if we go by the socionics creed. Part of the reasoning offered for LIE was that ILEs could be jerks (unbeknown to themselves ) while LIEs were careful with their Fi, and O’Brien’s comedy was not rude at all. But neither were this guy’s funny comments, only that slip of the tongue, and I was getting o’brienesque vibes from him. Even the cadence of his speech and the timbre of his voice, but that makes sense if you’re to be first one to make an observation and you’ve internalized how to project your voice so that it’s audible.

So that settles it for me. O’Brien ILE (more likely) or IEE (or ESE?). No way LIE.

This one seemed really sheltered and had no understanding of the real worth of money. One moment he talked projects and prospects with the seriousness of a 40-year old man and in the next he’d turn to you and ask you what’s the drink you’re having (insert the most prosaic drink name here) and then what’s in it. “It’s a Cuba Libre…rum and coke”. Dude didn’t even try to save face, he’d just take in the information with an open expression and then back to his suave 40-year-old persona. These two sentences from an ILE-Ti description suit him well: “His behavior is unpredictable and full of contrasts. His gaze is at times scattered and at other times testing and tenacious.”
    Or I’m ESI and I didn’t know.

TIM
    SLE Sx/So
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cornball LIE
    Last edited by kingslayer; 04-08-2020 at 03:02 AM.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Definitely a victim type
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then every type proposed in the Chris Pratt thread is wrong since there's footage of him telling a coworker he got hard when she slapped him.

TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I'd say EIE. Compare him to EIE creative Andrei Mironov.
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast