Thread: Analogy: dynamic functions & local optimums

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Analogy: dynamic functions & local optimums

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Gulenko
    The dynamic functioning of psyche occurs when the process of excitation predominates above the braking. Functions E are especially nonequilibrium and R. meneye expressed dynamics in S and T, since in these states individual to the period returns the lost equilibrium, but it here again is destroyed. Static states set in when braking begins to predominate above the excitation. Haibolee are static functions L and R I and F are characterized by the fact that the individual in these states periodically attempts himself to leave the equilibrium, but for a long time this does not succeed - vnutreneye calmness rapidly is restored.
    According to Victor Gulenko, dynamic functions are the functions that affect equilibriums through their operation.

There is a distinction between the introverted perception functions and the extroverted judgment functions. The former seek to restore lost equilibrium, whereas the latter try to create divergence from equilibrium.

Now one might ask, why would a person who is primarily inclined to restore equilibrium, say, an ISFp, ever want to use a function that disturbs equilibrium, like their creative function, Fe?

A simple answer: to break loose from local optimums.

How does this manifest in real life? An ISFp reasoning that in order to reach a state of perfect comfort, they will first have to invite their friends over and to socialize with them...

I'm sure there are more examples we can come up with.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a different way, this also applies to INTj reasoning: in order to reduce an idea to the furthest limit, it is sometimes necessary to introduce a linking concept.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with the general idea (assuming I understand it)

This can also be understood in terms of temperaments, which is essentially another way of describing the same phenomenon. An ISFp in Si IP mode is dynamic-irrational, and what you mean with "local optimum" would be a total immersion in sensations, like a hot bath, thinking of nothing. A perception - or judgement, perhaps it's either, or both - that that state is not optimum would "activate" the EJ, dynamic-rational mode, so ESFj mode, in order to break free from it; so it's the ISFp suddenly using Fe to "get things moving", as in the ISFp suddently breaking into song.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's moments when gamma's and alpha's agree that you know you've reached a true milestone in understanding.

Perhaps it can also explain some behaviors coming from the 'challenged' Si function of an INTj. How does this sound: the INTj seeks a local optimum of sensations with very limited foresight, not making the effort of actually overcoming obstacles between him and the really good sensate pleasures. For example, an INTj languishing at home in front of the television, ignoring the fact that he should actually be out making (girl?)friends to get to the real 'fun' out there.

*edit* the idea sounded nice, but for this to work properly, the HA function would have to be accepting... in reality it is creating. *edit*

It could be that those dimensionality numbers that were discussed a while ago have something to do with this as well...

Creepy-bg

why are INTjs always so down on TV? just sitting there and vegging can be quite enjoyable (and there's no reason to feel guilty about it IMO)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    why are INTjs always so down on TV? just sitting there and vegging can be quite enjoyable (and there's no reason to feel guilty about it IMO)
    I only watch TV when there is something I really want to see. That's usually something that increases my understanding (history documents) or something that allows me to do some thinking and analysis (political debate or some group interaction reality TV like the Survivor). And, of course, ice hockey.

Just sitting and watching TV is so . . . time-consuming, useless and . . . passive. Unless you have friends with whom to watch it so that it can count on a social "activity".
    Intuition