Thread: Developing the Sensing Function

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Developing the Sensing Function

Hi, I'm an ISFP new to this forum. I find this personality-typing thing to be really interesting. The ISFP descriptions fit me really well, except for the artistic part..I'm really not very creative or artistic at all, although I am really interested in learning to paint, play an instrument, etc...

Anyways, I was reading up on ISFP's, and it was talking about how most of the problems ISFPs experience are due to Introverted Feeling dominating the personality. It said that the auxiliary function of Extraverted Sensing should be developed.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could develop this??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're saying introverted feeling dominates an ISFp's personality, then you are using a different system. This is socionics, what you are referring to is MBTI. They're both distinct systems.

But your question still stands. I honestly have no idea what people mean when they say develop a function. So hopefully someone more knowledgeable will see this and answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ohhh, I didn't know that...what's the difference between the two?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ hotel beat me to it.

socionics is a lot more in depth than MBTI. This is a socionics forum (as it says repeatedly about the place). There is a subforum for "non socionics discussion"
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Developing the Sensing Function

Quote Originally Posted by serenity12
    Hi, I'm an ISFP new to this forum. I find this personality-typing thing to be really interesting. The ISFP descriptions fit me really well, except for the artistic part..I'm really not very creative or artistic at all, although I am really interested in learning to paint, play an instrument, etc...
    I'm not very artistic myself. I'm interested in that stuff as well. I can't really draw or anything like that. I can arrange things to make them look nice...I'd say that my spatial ability is fairly decent. I can play the guitar, I've only seriously tried to learn in the past year but I have picked it up pretty quickly. It's just forcing myself to take the time to practice. I just want to be able to do something without putting in the effort to learn. That's where my downfall is.

In socionics the ISFp's dominant functions are (introverted sensing) and (extroverted feeling).
    ISFp, SiFe, , or SEI....whatever we're calling ourselves these days.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth
    I'm not very artistic myself. I'm interested in that stuff as well. I can't really draw or anything like that. I can arrange things to make them look nice...I'd say that my spatial ability is fairly decent. I can play the guitar, I've only seriously tried to learn in the past year but I have picked it up pretty quickly. It's just forcing myself to take the time to practice. I just want to be able to do something without putting in the effort to learn. That's where my downfall is.

In socionics the ISFp's dominant functions are (introverted sensing) and (extroverted feeling).
    well hi fellow ISFP and welcome.

Well I love to paint but I don't know if I'm good at it. I can some what play paino and drums and I just teach my self or pickup the beat or rthym. More like to play sports than do art stuff, except I like to paint as to release stress.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, I was reading up on ISFP's, and it was talking about how most of the problems ISFPs experience are due to Introverted Feeling dominating the personality. It said that the auxiliary function of Extraverted Sensing should be developed.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could develop this??
    ahhh, same here!
    ISFp; SEI

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jelly grass
    ahhh, same here!
    haha, nice user name.

Jelly grass... although I have no idea what it is, meant to be, or anything else, I like it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    Quote Originally Posted by jelly grass
    ahhh, same here!
    haha, nice user name.

Jelly grass... although I have no idea what it is, meant to be, or anything else, I like it.
    haha thanks
    ISFp; SEI

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MBTI is an incorrect system. Contrary to what MBTI persons would have you think, you cannot "develop" a function. The best you can do is form relationships that can compensate for your weaknesses. Socionics will help you do that.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree - I have developed my intentionally.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    yeah. and i've developed my Fe and Si as well. even though i can't hold a candle to an isfp or an esfj, i'm a helluva lot better at them than i was!

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I (think) I am pretty good at dealing with the of other people, making them feel good in certain ways - like making sure things are of quality, and finding out what they like and then trying to maximize that, etc. But I imagine I am more mechanical about it than an F type - no less sincere though.

Furthermore, I believe there is nothing that cannot be improved upon in some way, so show me something you like and I will get better at it and actively pursue such improvements. I enjoy 'high yield' things. I can get carried away sometimes, but usually that is only when I feel I have a green light to do so. On the "INTj uncovered" profile, it is described like this: "If you ask an INTj to build a chair to withstand the weight of an adult, he may very well make a chair strong enough for one adult elephant."

The more areas of intake you used (that is, the more things you are aware of ), the better your awareness of what is really going on, and the better you can improve it. So really, having an open mind and paying attention is important.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    And here we come to the problem of weak : we are disagreeing. Remember the supervision rule: it's not about whether or not you have improved relative to yourself, but to your supervisor who knows how to use the function expertly.

I'm not your supervisor... but it's not obvious to me that your is "better" than it was. (nor do I think you could demonstrate such to me.) The measure of a function's strength is... how strong is it whether you use it or not?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What?