Thread: Your opinion on these traits

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Your opinion on these traits

She talks about how smart her kids are, and how creative her past boyfriends are, and about how she is bright but her son is *really* bright because he tutors kids in physics and math for free. (?)

lol so I noticed some things that recurred

1) talking as if she was a repository of knowledge that she needed to make sure the other person knew about "i don't know if you know this, but..." She was a teacher at a high school and everything she said had an aspect of "should". Many of her statements were assessing some evaluation of the student with reasoning that I couldn't really follow (like the statement about her son, and also a story about one of her students who she thought was extremely bright because he knew financial terms-- i guess other students didnt). She talked about details that seemed to show a concern for status (stressing that she had been proposed to many times when talking about divorce, stressing that she wanted to go to a higher ranked school when she talked about where she actually did go to school).

2) "people who are artsy fartsy often have mental problems"
    "people who are artsy fartsy often have mental problems"

Ok well my assessment of her type is below, i'll leave a space if that biases you

She seemed to be paranoid about appearing smart, which I thought seemed like a T role function. her attitude as being conscious of herself as a repository of knowledge (not simply being one) seemed Ixxj, or I at least. Her descriptions of creativity are indicative of someone who is not understanding that area and is only left with the word "creative" or to call creativity insanity.. this indicates strong S preference to me.

Does she sound ISFj? I am not sure what was bothering me more.. I think it was the Se though if she is ISFj.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Te Role, Beta status-consciousness, etc. I've seen it before. Possibly Gamma SF. edit: though I doubt it because of Diana's negative reaction to the Fe-related bits.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    ENFj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Te Role, Beta status-consciousness, etc. I've seen it before. Possibly Gamma SF. edit: though I doubt it because of Diana's negative reaction to the Fe-related bits.
    that makes a good deal of sense.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Your opinion on these traits

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    She talks about how smart her kids are, and how creative her past boyfriends are, and about how she is bright but her son is *really* bright because he tutors kids in physics and math for free. (?)

lol so I noticed some things that recurred

1) talking as if she was a repository of knowledge that she needed to make sure the other person knew about "i don't know if you know this, but..." She was a teacher at a high school and everything she said had an aspect of "should". Many of her statements were assessing some evaluation of the student with reasoning that I couldn't really follow (like the statement about her son, and also a story about one of her students who she thought was extremely bright because he knew financial terms-- i guess other students didnt). She talked about details that seemed to show a concern for status (stressing that she had been proposed to many times when talking about divorce, stressing that she wanted to go to a higher ranked school when she talked about where she actually did go to school).

{...}
    Say no more - ESFj!

[hr:7f7c20b055]

Hmm, how can I explain it?

OK. Consider this:

Fe - social
    Si - norms (ok, I'm straying from traditional socionics - but the interpretation is valid here; I won't get into it now)

HA of ESFj: Ne^, to be perfect ...

If any type is tempted to brag about the "brilliant accomplishments" of people they know according to collective norms, especially to boost their own sense of self-importance and social affluence, it's the ESFj. I've known several - and funny enough, each one demonstrated this tendency to some degree or another, well beyond the norm. An ESFj probably invented the honor roll student/et al bumper sticker (which, incidentally, would appeal to a lot of ENFps, too, but for simpler, sincere, personal reasons - i.e., just praising and appreciating their kid.)

^ Corrected

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by astralsilky
    HA of ESFj: Ni, to be perfect ...
    is PoLR for ESFj. ESFj's hidden agenda is .
    Intuition

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say ESE as well. They seem to be insatiable braggers (Or criticizers) when it comes to those close to them ("My child is so smart that ..." "My husband is so incompetent that ..." and so on).

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um ok what about #2?

I'm trying to remember what seemed so stifling about her "shoulds" and it seems like they could apply to both xSFjs, insofar as I could formulate a description now.

Fi types tend to seek out people to talk shit to and Fe types seem to just blab it out to strangers inadvertantly. Though Fi types also do it in public but on purpose as they are confident in their loyalties.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

um ok what about #2?
    That is a not-very-good Ti concept.

I agree that Fe EJ is likely, not sure whether ENFj or ESFJ is best.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2) "people who are artsy fartsy often have mental problems"
    i have a lot of problems seeing that as ENFj, not sure why.

i generally agree with ESFj. i could sort of see ENFj.

i like astralsilky's explanation. i do find ISFps and ESFjs to be either super critical or super praising as well.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm well for some reason I didn't consider ESFj for her because she seemed so slow and immobile.. I mean ESFjs can flit all over the place and look like they are not getting something but the impression I get from them is more mobile than not. I was thinking about ENFj though, but I hadn't considered a leading Fe type yet because she did not seem to have emotional sparkle or brightness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm well for some reason I didn't consider ESFj for her because she seemed so slow and immobile.. I mean ESFjs can flit all over the place and look like they are not getting something but the impression I get from them is more mobile than not. I was thinking about ENFj though, but I hadn't considered a leading Fe type yet because she did not seem to have emotional sparkle or brightness.
    I've only seen ESFj's "flit" if they're showing hospitality or else accomplishing a bunch of mundane administrative tasks for people they know.

ISFj's don't feel the need to brag about their loved ones accomplishments. If anything, they probably wouldn't share them enough. Just don't call into question their own sense of fulfillment in their roles as parent, etc. They can get pretty hurt about that.

As for ENFj - I'm going out on a limb here, but my thinking is that an ENFj would be rather brief in commending the accomplishments of their loved ones. They'd keep it short, and then bask in pride - it'd be more personal satisfaction. More likely would you hear them go on about how various individuals AREN'T fulfilling their expectations of socially acceptable behavior, and all their disappointments, pain, and efforts to change that person. Even a distant nephew, for example. Their own kids could all be doing great! Indeed, an ENFj is more likely to share details and woes about a relative who's let them down than go on about who's "doing it right."

As for your #2 ~ in and of itself - unfortunately, lots of people say such silly things. Could be any number of types, there. But I'd say it fits my explanation of the average ESFj. The artistic process can stir up the prophetic - whether in the individual, the culture, or both. That's rocking the boat, is it not? Whether the results are pleasant or not. The average ESFj is much more inclined to appreciate the art that's already been socially accepted - e.g., the latest paintings featured in this month's edition of "House Beautiful." Thomas Kincade. You know. That sort of thing. (Of course, Kincade is very talented. I don't mean to belittle his git - merely illustrating the -- ermm, incessant popularity of his work which, in my opinion, has hindered its value.) I'd like to emphasize "AVERAGE" ESFj. There must surely be exceptions.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EIE. No doubt about it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, Aristocracy, Se - it's all there. How is there any Si Ego in that description? ESFjs are very receptive to and praising of creativity, since Ne is in their Super-id.