Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Delta Quadra Movies and TV Shows

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's huddle up and watch a list of those shows one day. With cocoa and biscuits and we'll cook some warm food if you're hungry. Kitty can watch with us too (:
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reuben View Post
    Let's huddle up and watch a list of those shows one day. With cocoa and biscuits and we'll cook some warm food if you're hungry. Kitty can watch with us too (:
    Get out.

---

I saw this Indian movie recently, Udaan. The main character is an EII-Ne, and his father a hardcore LSI (complete with a mustache!) and it deals with their struggle to get along with one another. Showed it to IEE friend who loved it as well. I officially claim this movie Delta.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I indian movies!!

Havent seen one in a while just because i'd seen all the good ones up to like 2 years ago, so thanks for the recommendation, will have to check it out.
    Enneagram: 9w1 6w5 2w3 so/sx

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jealous EII
    Get out.
    Oh don't be jealous. You'll find your hot sexy LSE girl to cook you stewed beef with beer one day.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WorkaholicsAnon View Post
    I indian food!!
    Hey, me too!
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

have you ever tried garlic naan dipped in butter curry chicken? It's godly parker, you and I must eat the streets of singapore some day.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkster View Post
    Hey, me too!
    oh me three!! learned to cook a few things because of my undying love for indian food!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I indian movies!!

Havent seen one in a while just because i'd seen all the good ones up to like 2 years ago, so thanks for the recommendation, will have to check it out.
    You could catch Aladin (2009). I watched it on the plane once and I found it rather entertaining even though I don't have a strong interest in Bollywood movies.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awesome, will add that to my list as well. Thanks, Eunice!

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

The Godfather?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The next three days seem very Deltish to me. The main male character is delta ST, whereas his wife is probably delta NF or ISFp. Anyway, a very good film

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont usually like Jim Carrey's acting much, but I also really enjoyed The Truman Show. It was one of his rare appearances where he didn't make a caricature of himself.
    Jim Carrey, playing a different kind of role, is one of the reasons why I liked that movie so much. I see that as Ne-valuing, when somebody chooses an actor who has always been typecast a particular way, as a goofy character, and they look at his potential and they say, 'He has the potential to play a serious role.' And they tried it, and it worked. It was like he was undervalued and underappreciated and underutilized before, until somebody saw his potential. So that was a big deal to me whenever that happened. I never watched the silly comedies that he had been in before that. And in the Truman Show, he still had some of that silly fakeness, except it was integrated into his character in a way that seemed realistic and believable, like a real person might act that way, and it came off as making him seem like sort of a phobic person trying to find his courage. It was the idea of accepting all of yourself, including the goofiness, and being who you are. And then he became a successful hero character instead of a ridiculous character, that was the best.

I always like movies that have the theme of some kind of world that traps you, and you have to break free from it. Several of my favorite movies have this theme in common. I mentioned it to my brother (SLI/SEI) and he agreed with me, he loves those types of movies too. The Matrix: you're trapped in a fake world and you have to go find reality somehow. Truman Show: fake world again, you have to escape from it. Shawshank Redemption (I think I forgot to mention that one?) - trapped in prison, you're innocent, you're going to die in there, you've got to escape, and you do. Polar Bear King (the esoteric movie that no one else on earth has ever heard of except me): not really an 'escape' per se, but, getting out of a place where she doesn't want to live; and then, later on, helping people escape from the castle. What Dreams May Come: trapped in hell, trapped in a world made by her own misery and suffering, unable to fix anything, unable to escape, and a successful escape at the end. Titanic: at least one character escapes, but not the other one.

Harry Potter: not really an 'escape' theme, except, yeah, there is - he escapes from being trapped in the Muggle world with the relatives he hates. And again, he is innocent and undeserving of suffering. The boring, meaningless Muggle world where nobody understands him. He escapes from that reality into the wizarding world, where he meets a large group of people in a comforting environment, where he learns the secrets that have been behind his muggle reality all along, where he finds friends and people who understand him, where he finds an important mission he needs to accomplish. So it was an escape from a boring, meaningless, unfulfilling life surrounded by people who didn't understand.

It's not just themes of escape. The people escaping have to be good, innocent people who I can relate to, people who I feel don't deserve to be trapped. If I can't stand the character, if I have no respect for them, then I don't care if they escape.

For instance I wouldn't be interested in a movie about a bunch of people who *really were* criminals, trapped in jail trying to escape. I recently watched 'Fast Five,' sort of by accident, because I didn't know what it was, and I didn't know it was actually a sequel to 'The Fast and the Furious.' That was a movie about criminals trying to commit more crime, basically, and you were supposed to cheer them on. Surprisingly, I somewhat got into the movie and found it entertaining, but I would never want to watch it again, and the best movies are the ones that I can watch 50 times and never get sick of. It was not at all inspiring. Sort of sickening.

I've actually noticed the recurring 'escape theme' in all my favorite movies for over a decade now - I remember having the conversation with my brother, probably after we watched 'The Matrix' together.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything with Judi Dench. That actress turns everything around her Delta.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then, I have a couple favorite books with that theme too.

Watership Down
    How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World
    Your Money Or Your Life
    Atlas Shrugged

Those are the first four examples off the top of my head. I'm starting to think this might be Ne again - breaking out of one way of seeing things, and jumping to a totally different way.

Watership Down: a book about rabbits who have to travel away from one place and find a better place to live. Several parts of the book have escape themes. I also feel like there was Si-valuing in this book. They were looking for a safe, healthy, comfortable home where they could start their own rabbit colony.

Freedom in an Unfree World: Nonfiction, by Harry Browne. I haven't read this book in a long time, but it was a book about breaking free from limiting beliefs that prevented you from being free. He said that you don't have to wait for the rest of the world to give you your freedom, but you have to do what's necessary to get it yourself.

Your Money Or Your Life: Dad gave this book to me and my brother. It's about breaking free from job slavery, basically. (This feels like a Si/Te-valuing book.) You don't want to waste all your energy working and exhausting yourself, you don't want to waste all your time. You want to have free time to do the things you really care about. You find ways to hugely, drastically reduce your expenses, and you find ways to get a passive income, and the goal is to not have to work, or at least, to only have to work a little bit.

However, he recommends buying T-bills as the way of earning passive income, and I no longer trust any form of electronic or paper investment whatsoever, and I don't have any recommendations for how to safely earn interest on large amounts of saved money, and instead I recommend for people to buy physical gold and silver coins, and just give up on the idea of earning interest - don't try to 'make a profit' on the coins - just stop thinking in terms of 'profit' whenever you buy gold and silver - don't think of profit in terms of dollars. Just keep the physical coins and ignore the ups and downs of the price of gold and silver - don't be disappointed if the price goes down - you haven't 'lost' anything.

(If I ever have a large amount of money to make decisions about, I will do more research to decide which interest-earning methods are more or less risky. People really do want to earn some kind of interest and they don't want to just keep a bunch of gold and silver coins sitting around, because they don't see this the way I do.)

I haven't read Atlas Shrugged in years, however, at the time when I read it, in my early twenties, it was the most exciting book I had ever read. I felt like I wanted to break free from all of society because of that book. I gradually sort of wandered away from Objectivism because it didn't have enough information about the things that I needed to know - I needed to know how to make myself healthy, for instance, because I've suffered from a variety of health problems, and Objectivism had no advice or knowledge about that, and neither did Nathaniel Branden. But even so, Objectivism formed the background of all my basic beliefs about the system of government. And I feel like it broke me free from my ignorance about how the government works and what it does to the economy. So it was a liberating book as well.

Anyway, more books with the theme of breaking free from a limiting situation.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Anything with Judi Dench. That actress turns everything around her Delta.
    She looks likeable. I'll pay attention if I see her in any movies in the future.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people have suggested this as a Beta film, which seems kind of strange because I can't find any conceivable reason how this movie reflects Ni/Se values. It's been a while since I saw it so I probably can't type all the characters, but Johnny Depp plays some sort of NF type, Ne-IEE most likely.

SLI - IEE duality. Best film ever.
    Last edited by Radio; 10-12-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Omg! My old IEE best friend was reading that book (Bridge To Terabithia) and I never read it, I just remember seeing the book lying around on her tables and stuff when I went to her house. That's awesome, I didn't know they made a movie. I'll watch it if I get the chance.

Marxist Ne’er-do-well Red Villain's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-SLI/ xNTJ
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Perfume: The story of a murderer"
    "We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.".

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nico1e View Post
    Omg! My old IEE best friend was reading that book (Bridge To Terabithia) and I never read it, I just remember seeing the book lying around on her tables and stuff when I went to her hous
    e. That's awesome, I didn't know they made a movie. I'll watch it if I get the chance.
    ! have tissues ready

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if Bridge to Terabithia is about IEE and SLI or ILE and SEI Anyway, I also loved this film soo much...

TIM
    NG human sorcerer
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was just going through my list of Netflix movies that I've given 5 stars, because maybe I have a bias for Delta movies. The Fisher King and Sling Blade stood out to me as having Delta themes, but I haven't thought about the types of the characters.

Banned
    TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kassie View Post
    ! have tissues ready
    Uh-oh, I'll keep that in mind. I'll probably still like the movie - I like to cry when I watch movies sometimes, but it sort of depends on the reason why I'm crying.

I just watched 'Dream House' a few days ago. I wouldn't call it delta, I think it's more like gamma. It was very Fi-valuing though, very serious and relationship-oriented. It has a sad ending and I felt this kind of traumatized, cathartic feeling, which I don't really enjoy, but some people do. Throughout the whole movie there is the theme of relationship ethics.

TIM
    Ne-LII, 5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if this was said before, but the Fahrenheit 451 (1966) appears to be very delta to me. The two main characters seem to be duals, Guy Montag as ISTp and Clarisse (his neighbor) as ENFp. Montag's wife is probably SEI.
    „Man can do what he wants but he cannot want what he wants.“
    – Arthur Schopenhauer

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of old movies, how about this one?

“Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like any movie with a similar vibe to this, also any Tim Burton movie ever made(not sure if this is delta or not):

you can go to where your heart is Galen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw the new Muppet movie last night, guess it counts as Delta. Lots of good, stupid fun for the whole family, and cameos galore (I was probably the only person who noticed Feist's appearance). Very much a social-stacking oriented flick too.

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Just saw the new Muppet movie last night, guess it counts as Delta. Lots of good, stupid fun for the whole family, and cameos galore (I was probably the only person who noticed Feist's appearance). Very much a social-stacking oriented flick too.
    stupid fun = alpha though.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stupid fun = alpha though.
    you're right, I hated it then

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CILi View Post
    smart fun = beta
    smart boring = gamma
    stupid boring = delta

who said anything about beta being smart...?? or fun for that matter?

"stupid fun" was meant to exist as a standalone entity.

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who said anything about beta being smart...?? or fun for that matter?
    Looks like George Carlin's not coming to your local cable channel anymore.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

LSE:

Good Fellas
    Historical Dramas
    JFK -it's about accumulation of facts

EII:

Terms of Endearment
    All Christmas Family movies
    Anything with love and relationships
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    EII:

oh dear god why

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Galen View Post
    Looks like George Carlin's not coming to your local cable channel anymore.
    I dont have cable

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII:

Terms of Endearment
    Anything with love and relationships
    I dont want to be EII anymore. I should choose another type on wikisocion and learn it.

I think grand torino is Delta, as well as 99 francs.
    What about........ Star wars ? I asked myself often if delta or alpha... Universal good and bad play a big role, relationship play a big role, and even if overall impression is alpha, the luke/leia/hans solo personnage arent really alpha.
    Perhaps matrix too, but its more unlikely. It seem more balanced toward beta, gamma, and delta things
    Last edited by noid; 01-10-2012 at 07:51 PM.
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

TIM
    ESI maybe
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post
    I dont want to be EII anymore. I should choose another type on wikisocion and learn it.

What about........ Star wars ? I asked myself often if delta or alpha... Universal good and bad play a big role, and relationship play a big role, and even if overall impression is alpha, the luke/leia/hans solo personnage arent really alpha.
    Perhaps matrix too, but its more unlikely. It seem more balanced toward beta, gamma, and delta things
    Yeah i think ur totally right about Star Wars. Overall theme might be delta-ish, but the fanatic role-playing and sci-fi'ing of it is probably what's so Alpha about it--the cultification of it.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ANY movie with love and relationships is EII? Holy cow. I don't even know how to respond to that.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    INFj sub (Fi+Ne)/2
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the only type able to experience this, this for that
    "The final delusion is the belief that one has lost all delusion."

-- Maurice Chapelain

Mentioned
    206 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noid View Post

What about........ Star wars ? I asked myself often if delta or alpha... Universal good and bad play a big role, relationship play a big role, and even if overall impression is alpha, the luke/leia/hans solo personnage arent really alpha.
    Most of the Star Wars and Matrix fanboys I've met have been Alpha NT because ROBOTS

It occurs to me that Pleasantville hasn't been posted yet. One of my favorite films, I think it plays to my E6 "people realizing their genuine selves" desires.

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mozart's Sister (aka Nannerl, la soeur de Mozart)

My GF (SEI) didn't like it, because 'it has no emotions'. I think Deltas would disagree.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

usually those weird european films try to capture the restraint and formality in the ethics of such an era but they try to make up for it by generous doses of raw ,random humping ,ne c'est pas?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast