Thread: Examples of Te PoLR in ISFps and INFps

from toronto with love ScarlettLux's Avatar
    TIM
    Beta sx 3w4;7w8
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol sounds like he's just an annoying little shit really.

How can someone NOT want help like that? I LOVE schedules and to-do lists, etc. I don't understand why he would storm off if he basically needed the help.

Dress pretty, play dirty ღ
    Johari
    Nohari

TIM
    OmniPoLR
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm very attracted to many manifestations of Te PoLR. I love lazy people who hate being told what to do.
    “I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in — and the West in general — into an unbearable hell and a choking life. - Osama bin Laden

Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    I'm very attracted to many manifestations of Te PoLR. I love lazy people who hate being told what to do.
    That sounds just IP-ness to me. I could show you plenty of lazy IXTps.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1981slater View Post
    Axis of Evil: Iran, Iraq, North Korea and Agarina
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa Darmandzhyan
    Agarina does not like human beings; she just wants a pretty boy toy.
    Johari Nohari

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gambit View Post
    The list making is Si valuing because it has to do with forming impressions of memory that aid and help with recollection and focus,
    That sounds like MBTI, not socionics.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    ESI
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gambit View Post
    I read Jung, just because I've read stuff on the MBTI forums doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about. Could you be more specific so I could actually converse with you? Your statement is condescending because it is an accusation. But Jung's Si is about impressions, the fixation of a person to an object and the familiarity it creates in the mind with relation to that object. Van Gogh is an example Jung uses of Si. The impressionist paintings are a pretty good reference for me in understanding Si, although it may be Si+Fe, more than Si+Te. But the concept is still the same.
    Socionics uses different definitions than Jung's original work or MBTI (which is a lot of why there is no smooth conversion between them and socionics). By referencing Jungian Si and attempting to place it within the Socionic model, you are working with definitions not native to the theory.

Pointing out that you are using the wrong definitions is not necessarily condescending. I do, however, acknowledge that my initial statement didn't include enough information; my apologies for that.

And no offense, but if you think socionics theory isn't at all related or backed by Jungian Psychological Types, we really have nothing to talk about with each other.
    Socionics has its roots in Jung, but as mentioned, the IM elements are defined differently than Jung's functions. They have some relation but are not the same thing and are not smoothly interchangeable.
    Johari/Nohari

"Tell someone you love them today, because life is short; shout it at them in German, because life is also terrifying."

Fruit, the fluffy kitty.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I make to-do lists sometimes. I always end up doing something different I planned on doing though... (perceiver type)

Like for example I cut the grass today. I didn't think I would do that. But I *felt* like doing it, so I did it. I make decisions based on my moods and I guess that's an annoying thing for others to deal with.

Having to get up every day and go to school felt like a nightmare. If I *wanted* to do go school that day I enjoyed it but 5 days a week for that many hours. Yuck! I always felt happiest when other people for the most part left me alone and I could make rpgs for my friends or talk about my favorite tv shows and stuff. Then ofc I got the "You're not responsible!" lecture from my mom. I'm just a free spirit though. I'm not really lazy. That's such a gross oversimplification. I will work really hard when it's something I want to do. I will put a lot of effort and painstaking detail etc.

oh and then there was the "Nobody else wants to go to school but they're there" line. I can assure you if you walked a mile in my shoes you would make the exact same choices. If you felt like how I felt you'd sing a different tune. Just as I am sure if I were more Te-capable I wouldn't be so neurotic about business stuff.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

well, it's also about primary focus on Si rather than Te; as a temperament, they differ too; Te base types are extraverted rather restless types, but Si bases move easily according to their internal comfort.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

A dusty and dreadful charade. Scapegrace's Avatar
    TIM
    ill
    Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Evidently my Te POLR materializes in an obsessive need to cite peer reviewed sources, extreme fiscal frugality, and a severe intolerance for bullshit.
    "[Scapegrace,] I don't know how anyone can stand such a sinister and mean individual as you." - Maritsa Darmandzhyan

Brought to you by socionix.com

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI: "Hey do me a favor. Get her attention real quick."
    IEI: "Who?"
    LSI: "The waitress." *points*
    IEI: "Whom? Who?"
    LSI: "The waitress!" *points*
    IEI: "No, i mean... is it who or whom? Whats the right way to say that?"
    LSI: "What?! The WAITRESS!" *points*
    IEI: "I'm sorry, what did you want?"
    LSI: "Excuse me(yells), we haven't gotten our food yet over here. Thank you."
    Lazy Waitress: "Oh, its on the way!"
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    LSI: "Hey do me a favor. Get her attention real quick."
    IEI: "Who?"
    LSI: "The waitress." *points*
    IEI: "Whom? Who?"
    LSI: "The waitress!" *points*
    IEI: "No, i mean... is it who or whom? Whats the right way to say that?"
    LSI: "What?! The WAITRESS!" *points*
    IEI: "I'm sorry, what did you want?"
    LSI: "Excuse me(yells), we haven't gotten our food yet over here. Thank you."
    Lazy Waitress: "Oh, its on the way!"
    LOLOL perfect...IEI in his head
    Last edited by Beautiful sky; 08-29-2013 at 02:43 PM.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His*
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    / / /
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuavaDrunk View Post

My reaction to this has mellowed over time. I used to throw tantrums or start crying with frustration and feeling inadequate. I now try to not fume too much and work the point out before reaching saturation.
    I used to do this too! I am so glad that I am not the only one.

I used to sometimes break down in the middle of simple things like, card games, when I just for some reason could not understand the rules.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen perfectly clear examples of Te-PoLR in my SEI. She once went to the bank to open up an investment account, thinking she could make a little profit instead of having her savings just sitting idle. Problem is, after a while she was given less money than what she originally invested. She was furious of course and her perspective of this was that the bank offered some rate of interest and she was entitled to be given her original sum plus the interest. Problem is, even when the interest offered was somewhat attractive, the bank charges some fees which are fixed, so unless you invest more than a given sum, you end up paying the bank more than what the bank is supposed to give you.

So what's a Te PoLR? The tendency to understand issues in a unidimensional way.

Te types are efficient because they understand the cost of actions in a process from a holistic perspective. A TV ad selling a machine to wash cars may appeal non Te-strong types by claiming that it saves you money by not needing to go and pay for the service. A Te dominant might think there "sure, I save $10 now but at the expense of investing one hour of my time, which would probably make me $20 if I did something else. Plus I have to buy the thing!".
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    ILe-nE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI and his te-polr

Handler of Choronzon
    TIM
    Te goblin
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I often meander around my house for hours nonstop and only sometimes listen to music. It’s usually just walking, but sometimes I may feel confident enough to think as well.

Just about every time I want to make a sandwich or spread something on toast I end up using at least 3 knives somehow. Afterwards, I look in the sink and see a pile of knives and I just wonder wtf is wrong with me.

I can be ridiculously frugal with money. Many socionics sources say Te polr types are too thrifty with resources, but I think it would be more accurate to say that they are not inclined to allocate resources in a way that is practical/sensible. Still, my streaks of frugality don’t last forever. Buying really expensive things at lower frequency is my modus operandi.

TIM
    IEI-Fe(C)
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a program with heavy rubric usage: I was in 11th/12th grade when I realized that reading assignment/project rubrics are something you should do.. not only that but you should base the entire work off of it.
    I mean, my natural inclination is to just read the directions and respond to that... the rubric over there? cute accessory, now can it stop clogging my desktop?
    (having two sets of "directions," the rubric being the second one, is annoying. i don't even want a single set.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It manifests in them having a lot of opinions about how other people should do things (i.e., Ti HA - to "be perfect"), but them being notoriously inefficient. This, blocked with creative Fe, means that they typically rely on gossip and complaining to get what they want (the more healthy ones will rely on building good social bonds and just being overall charming). Also, given that they cannot fully understand Te, they typically (sometimes to the point of delusion) believe that companies hinge on them ("if it wasn't for me that project would be falling apart"), when, in reality, they merely do what is asked of them and nothing more. I think that they often find doing what is asked of them so difficult, that they assume that they are doing more than most. When, in reality, most people (e.g., Te-leads) are just way more effective at doing what is asked of them efficiently.

Unfortunately, in a lot of professional settings that emphasize productivity/business (heavy Te), Ti-POLRs get stressed out. This is when you see them complain about how other people are ineffective (they will spend hours doing this and be completely oblivious to the fact that, by spending an hour gossiping about how someone is bad at their job, they have literally done nothing either) - I think that it is a projection thing/they are just generally trying to hide their insecurities.

They can be very difficult to deal with professionally, because they are typically not very efficient blocked with the fact that they typically lead the charge in workplace gossip. Fe-leads are prone to this as well; however, I typically find that being rational + at least understanding that Te is important, that they are not as prone to sitting around doing nothing while they complain about how so-and-so who works 12-hour days and is ACTUALLY the person keeping the company afloat forgot to empty out their coffee mug.

You also can't talk bluntly to them (in a Te sense). You will immediately be pegged as an asshole and they WILL drag your name through the mud. They are also prone to not fact-checking with reality, so they are prone to believing some very strange things, especially if they are about people that they do not like.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay this feels like Te polr roast lol
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, just grasped an essay that I wrote on Discord DM since coincidentally...
    I wrote of a lot of these for the sake of understanding how PoLRs work in general...

What isn't right to say about Te PoLR is that they are lazy, when it actually isn't the case - this is just Ixxp types in general. It seems to me that people emphasize, rather, correlate the laziness towards Te PoLR since there is just something to keep in mind here. Te PoLR, during their sensitive times, usually manifested by the "work-a-holic" attitude, or the excessive attitude towards perfectionism of things they do perceive, hence then it creates an unstable co-ordination between thinking and doing, yet in fact, they are unable to "think" and "do" simultaneously in order to reach the best outcome they could've achieved. However, they may completely neglect this aspect during their insensitive times:

I disagreed that SEI's Te PoLR would be oriented by what makes sense for them according to their internal belief system. And just for your information, IEI's Te PoLR may act way worse worst akin to SEI's. About trusting own experience, it's not solely about the matter of Te PoLR, there is a nuance to it. IEIs distrust their own experience, they rely on dreamy and vivid imagination according to the utopian view of a world which is, of course, rather hard to be applicable in real life. SEIs are rather different, they need certain guidance, blind reliant towards expertized people as they crave for having an experience to cover their Te without experiencing it by themselves.

Te is in the Super-Ego block, Experience according to the dimensionality, and the vulnerable element of both IEI and SEI. Strong dislike towards authority is merely a relationship where they wanted to have a guide but don't prefer a harsh guide for inexperienced players, they have a certain reliant towards professionals or experts to help them since they need their "experience" to live up their expectation of living. This should be easier to understand since they also crave for experience in a sense.

They would do so, as in, trust their own personal belief system, hence it doesn't have a concrete application to a real life realm so it definitely takes time, which is why they prone at seeking well-built structure to be put on their own and once it's completed, they wouldn't want to try for something new to achieve, since they only have, to a degree, an average common sense of logic to be used in daily life.
    So, why not then? Just to keep in mind that internal principles =/= inner experiences to a certain degree.

They'd rather seek for a firm authority. They would have a hand on some very capable resources according to their own opinion and tend to have a certain subjectivity since they'd regard the "system" that they currently have is good enough, but they forget that they don't have an ability to retain sources outside what they are regarded as their own system, the inflexibility in retaining and incapability in assessing resources they have is an Achilles heel for IEI, as they also don't want to produce something new out of resources they made, this also plummeted down into their unlikelihood of being efficient and productive in the matter of daily life.

And from here, we could imply that they have a belief system, yet being a try-hard at exerting their consistency in doing things in which that they have been told to do, but never seem to be successful enough to achieve this form of consistency eloquently. One of my friends cited that IEIs don't like being forced back to the earth after being in-their-head for a long time, criticize bossy people without viable reasoning. They don't like to be forced into the pragmatic belief, as they went to make a software called "belief" to replace it.
    Last edited by Metaphor; 01-02-2022 at 10:27 PM. Reason: OCD and writing corrections.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    ILE-Ti VLEF sx/sp
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My observations on Te-POLRs in close contact:
    -Lie/deceive/hide truth a lot, in order to avoid responsibility (both SEI and IEI) or preserve harmonious relations (mostly SEI). Essentially this is an inversion of Te-leads that always like being in charge and taking responsibility.
    -Not admitting faults (extrapunitive). Also inversion of Te-lead. Often use Fe to subtly manipulate and make others take responsibility.
    -Essentially zero will to do things they don't like (however I would not call them lazy, because they are dedicated when it comes to things they enjoy)
    -IEI seem to hate basically anybody that tries to force procedures/schedules/etc. on them lol. SEI do not dissent but they will complain to someone else or talk bad about them behind their backs. Te-POLRs seem to dislike even the Ti leads in their own quadra for being so pedantic
    -Terrible sleep patterns, basically they go to bed somewhere between 2 AM and 6 AM and they wake up right before they have to go to work, then they sleep random naps through the day, or sleep 12 hours during the weekends, etc. SEI in general sleeps more and very easily falls asleep but also erratically
    -Many Te-POLRs (as well as other weak Te types) seem to think investing is a scam lol. And that just saving your money is better than investing. Also they often spend way beyond their means for no reason (they just feel like it). Though this applies more to SEI who like to spend money on physical relaxation or entertainment, etc.
    -A sign of Fe-creative rather than Te-POLR is subtle emotional manipulation to push into action (more characteristic of victimy IEI but also seen often in SEI). Basically they play damsel in distress (men too) to induce Se and Ne. Ironically I've seen IEI baiting SLE into thinking outside the box/finding clever solutions and also SEI pushing ILE into taking physical action or forceful intervention. So basically they manipulate emotionally (Fe) to get people to do the things they don't want to do (Te).

Some funny anecdotes about that last point I've seen in SEI, although without the Fe manipulation (basically just forcing me into Se mode):
    -When I was a little kid I was playing in a pool with my SEI cousin who was younger than me. I couldn't swim and he thought the best way to teach me, was to pull me from the leg right into the deep side. I almost drowned and didn't learn until a few years later
    -SEI gf keeps getting prank calls so out of the blue she calls back to the number and passes me the phone. I was in total dumbass Ne mode not really paying attention to anything lol but I immediately knew what to do. A couple of guys laughing pick up the phone so I did the deepest voice I could muster and calmly told the guys to stop calling. They wished me a good day and never called again

TIM
    SLI 5w6
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My friend has his daughter and her living under his roof rent free. They have 2 cats but were feeding them treats for a time because they were out of cat food but still were going out to a tea bar every night and spend money. They also blew a tire on a road trip because they put too much air in the tire and didn't even know the correcy PSI is posted on the vehicle itself. The boyfriend also got a job at a smoke shop even though he is not 21 and lost his job after maybe 2 months. He was having stomach issues and went to the ER and the daughter asks her dad where the hospital is instead of googling it and not taking into account he only ever goes to the VA and then asks her dad if the ER visit will cost money. The next day, they went out to the tea bar again afger just getting out of the hospital.

So in short, I see Te PoLR as sometimes manifestating as lacking priorities and common sense, at least as far as it shows up with those two, granted they are still pretty young and have a lot of growing up to do.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    525 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Banana King View Post
    -Lie/deceive/hide truth a lot, in order to avoid responsibility (both SEI and IEI) or preserve harmonious relations (mostly SEI). Essentially this is an inversion of Te-leads that always like being in charge and taking responsibility.
    -Not admitting faults (extrapunitive). Also inversion of Te-lead. Often use Fe to subtly manipulate and make others take responsibility.
    -Essentially zero will to do things they don't like (however I would not call them lazy, because they are dedicated when it comes to things they enjoy)
    -IEI seem to hate basically anybody that tries to force procedures/schedules/etc. on them lol. SEI do not dissent but they will complain to someone else or talk bad about them behind their backs. Te-POLRs seem to dislike even the Ti leads in their own quadra for being so pedantic
    -Terrible sleep patterns, basically they go to bed somewhere between 2 AM and 6 AM and they wake up right before they have to go to work, then they sleep random naps through the day, or sleep 12 hours during the weekends, etc. SEI in general sleeps more and very easily falls asleep but also erratically
    -Many Te-POLRs (as well as other weak Te types) seem to think investing is a scam lol. And that just saving your money is better than investing. Also they often spend way beyond their means for no reason (they just feel like it). Though this applies more to SEI who like to spend money on physical relaxation or entertainment, etc.
    -A sign of Fe-creative rather than Te-POLR is subtle emotional manipulation to push into action (more characteristic of victimy IEI but also seen often in SEI). Basically they play damsel in distress (men too) to induce Se and Ne. Ironically I've seen IEI baiting SLE into thinking outside the box/finding clever solutions and also SEI pushing ILE into taking physical action or forceful intervention. So basically they manipulate emotionally (Fe) to get people to do the things they don't want to do (Te).

Some funny anecdotes about that last point I've seen in SEI, although without the Fe manipulation (basically just forcing me into Se mode):
    -When I was a little kid I was playing in a pool with my SEI cousin who was younger than me. I couldn't swim and he thought the best way to teach me, was to pull me from the leg right into the deep side. I almost drowned and didn't learn until a few years later
    -SEI gf keeps getting prank calls so out of the blue she calls back to the number and passes me the phone. I was in total dumbass Ne mode not really paying attention to anything lol but I immediately knew what to do. A couple of guys laughing pick up the phone so I did the deepest voice I could muster and calmly told the guys to stop calling. They wished me a good day and never called again
    This is great.

May look like an LSI, but -Te. Metaphor's Avatar
    TIM
    Te-LIE-NH
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah yes, this just reminds me again to warn my SEI sister of something she doesn't seem to be aware at all.
    And just saying, but she often pushed me into doing her responsibility when it actually was her who did it.
    Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel: "The history of the world is none other than the progress of the consciousness of freedom."

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well. Shit.

Guilty as charged

if I didn’t know I was Te PoLR before, I’d know now, just from this.

amazing post

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My observations on Te-POLRs in close contact:-Lie/deceive/hide truth a lot, in order to avoid responsibility (both SEI and IEI) or preserve harmonious relations (mostly SEI). Essentially this is an inversion of Te-leads that always like being in charge and taking responsibility.-Not admitting faults (extrapunitive). Also inversion of Te-lead. Often use Fe to subtly manipulate and make others take responsibility.-Essentially zero will to do things they don't like (however I would not call them lazy, because they are dedicated when it comes to things they enjoy)-IEI seem to hate basically anybody that tries to force procedures/schedules/etc. on them lol. SEI do not dissent but they will complain to someone else or talk bad about them behind their backs. Te-POLRs seem to dislike even the Ti leads in their own quadra for being so pedantic-Terrible sleep patterns, basically they go to bed somewhere between 2 AM and 6 AM and they wake up right before they have to go to work, then they sleep random naps through the day, or sleep 12 hours during the weekends, etc. SEI in general sleeps more and very easily falls asleep but also erratically-Many Te-POLRs (as well as other weak Te types) seem to think investing is a scam lol. And that just saving your money is better than investing. Also they often spend way beyond their means for no reason (they just feel like it). Though this applies more to SEI who like to spend money on physical relaxation or entertainment, etc.-A sign of Fe-creative rather than Te-POLR is subtle emotional manipulation to push into action (more characteristic of victimy IEI but also seen often in SEI). Basically they play damsel in distress (men too) to induce Se and Ne. Ironically I've seen IEI baiting SLE into thinking outside the box/finding clever solutions and also SEI pushing ILE into taking physical action or forceful intervention. So basically they manipulate emotionally (Fe) to get people to do the things they don't want to do (Te).Some funny anecdotes about that last point I've seen in SEI, although without the Fe manipulation (basically just forcing me into Se mode):-When I was a little kid I was playing in a pool with my SEI cousin who was younger than me. I couldn't swim and he thought the best way to teach me, was to pull me from the leg right into the deep side. I almost drowned and didn't learn until a few years later -SEI gf keeps getting prank calls so out of the blue she calls back to the number and passes me the phone. I was in total dumbass Ne mode not really paying attention to anything lol but I immediately knew what to do. A couple of guys laughing pick up the phone so I did the deepest voice I could muster and calmly told the guys to stop calling. They wished me a good day and never called again
    Interesting example this morning:

At work, I had a SLI co-worker who had neglected certain tasks with two hours left in their shift. It was at this time, our SEI co-worker showed up to work and the two began to chat. At the end of SLIs shift, I had brought the undone tasks to her attention (though I mentioned nothing about the excessive chatting she'd been doing).

I later spoke with the SEI and mentioned to her her (perhaps incidental) proclivity to chat excessively and take co-workers off task. Her response to me was that, if a co-worker neglects their tasks, it is my responsibility to get them on task. Factually speaking, though I am not the supervisor, any undone tasks just create problems for the entire company. It's a team thing and not a hierarchy thing. The point was, the SEI, instead of acknowledging her chatty ways, deflected, then decided it was my responsibility to ensure the SLI completed her tasks. It was very much done in a "cute" Fe way that sort of validates Banana King's point

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

maybe i'm not Te polr since i don't relate to some things in banana king's post but i probably shouldn't relate to everything

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m actually happier when I’m more productive at work. I do need regular 1:1s with a line manager though to keep me on track. Sometimes things can seem overwhelmingly difficult and I just need someone to give me a few tips to make tasks easier or stop me stressing about unnecessary things. I might be less productive than other people but I’m not sure how much that’s type related. People seem to do worse or better at work depending on their stress levels, current life situation, stage of career and other personality aspects. Having a naturally dynamic personality or natural charm can also bring something valuable to a team. I actually feel so annoyed that no one, including managers is doing any work at the moment (I think pandemic related). Everyone just ends up talking too much and getting annoyed with each other. Managers get annoyed about you asking for even the most basic support. It all feels meaningless and like there’s no point me being there, and I 100% need meaningful work. Maybe when I was young I was happier to doss but I was also depressed. I need to feel like I’m contributing to something that makes the world a better place, and the structure of work helps me believe in that. I need to be part of a team of people with different strengths and skills to feel like it’s all worth it and we are working towards something together, and we will achieve it.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also IEIs often end up becoming teachers/ I know an IEI therapist. This is very independent work where you have little day to day support from someone superior (for teaching at least). Both IEI teachers I know are probably IEIs without a very clear subtype. Without a subtype your POLR is gonna be less of an issue. I have a bit of a subtype and my life’s been messy so when I tried teaching I couldn’t cut it. Had life been different I could have ended up teaching (in a different subject however) and been fine. Yes, an IEI is capable of motivating themselves, doing things correctly and thoroughly and effectively. Sometimes I miss teaching and having a life constantly on the go. Unfortunately, I think you need to be a reasonably happy person to be an effective teacher of children, I can’t tell kids life is gonna be great when I didn’t get to have that myself, even if I think it’s possible for them the words would just feel too hollow because they weren’t true for me.

oh I will add..one of the IEI teachers has an SLE partner who is also a teacher. The other IEI teacher has an SEI partner who is a researcher in child neuroscience. I’m
    sure it helps having the support of a partner who understands their work.

edit: ok if I really think about it, well, maybe even in an ideal world I wouldn't have made the best teacher. I don't think I have that 'teacher' energy or enough natural enthusiasm for knowledge and the passion to pass it on. I do work in the education field atm and I think I am more passionate about global/ adult education as a means for changing the world rather than the actual learning side of things.
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 01-07-2022 at 12:24 PM.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

IEIs can typically be fantastic, self-motivated workers if you let them do things their own way and trust that they will do a good job. Because they will. It's probably best if they don't have a Te-dom boss, though. Find an SLE and put them in an adjacent position as an advisor.

I know an IEI-Fe who is incredibly accomplished. She is second in command of a tech company owned by an ILI-Te. She told me that the ILI is not very good with people, which is an amazingly diplomatic statement, since I know the guy and think that he's like a pack of wolverines in a stalled elevator. Really, you'd like to shoot him but it would ruin the pelt.

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't know if it is really te-polr or something else, i do stuff like 'don't bother to order more than one size of hot trousers' because I can't be bothered to send the one that doesn't fit back. Trousers turn up, too small and now other size have sold out..

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I said this before but I liked it a lot- somebody said Te polr was related to a hatred of government bureaucracy and I can see that. ((Not a hatred of capitalism or finances, more like the opposite- the strict commie control of them)) But then again not many people like that stuff and the people that do seem especially ruthless and lizard-like and cruel and heartless and I don't know, probably just my Te polr talking now. No I can't be IEI I can't. Noooo!!! But yeah who actually likes waiting at line at the DMV and dealing with the arrogant and hateful Ratcheds that work in that place? Nvm I can see Adam Strange standing in line at the DMV and whistling happily or something. God lol.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    i don't know if it is really te-polr or something else, i do stuff like 'don't bother to order more than one size of hot trousers' because I can't be bothered to send the one that doesn't fit back. Trousers turn up, too small and now other size have sold out..
    I'm the opposite of this. I buy different sizes because I know I suck at buying clothes online, one of them must fit lol

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
    I'm the opposite of this. I buy different sizes because I know I suck at buying clothes online, one of them must fit lol
    yep I do usually..but sometimes my brain short circuits and is too optimistic..wants everything to be easy lol. Sometimes I feel like life is just buying stuff and I’m forced to live the life of an ESE. I’m trying to follow more fashion media atm so I can be inspired and enjoy shopping a bit more

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213