LSI-H™
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by asd View Post
    tv show: vikings
    Video unavailable
    This video contains content from A+E Networks, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.

I stopped watching when Ragnar died. Without him the show sucked.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let’s not forget Telenovelas.

No, really.

Here our protagonist is raped and left for destitute as a teenager, then works her way up in society and starts tracking and killing her rapists one by one. And practically anyone who comes between her and more power. After being thrown to the dark pits of society when young, she resorts to sorcery to regain some form of empowerment. As is the case with most of telenovelas, the original screenplay probably made its appearance somewhere in the early 80's and gets revamped every 7 years or so to attract a new audience. The story then goes risible because it is a telenovela, after all.

The funny part is that people who share some of the writers’ psycholgy never watch stories as these ‘for the first time’. Rather, they are surprised when they encounter them but with other faces and locations that they had imagined.

This is the first episode with subs. Watch the first 2 minutes, they tell so much about fear and betas (women).

Sicuramente cercherai il significato di questo.

TIM
    SLE-Ti
    Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Generally, I'd go with a Clint Eastwood flick, particularly of the spaghetti western variety.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shotgunfingers View Post

I stopped watching when Ragnar died. Without him the show sucked.

So many feels here.
    No, the show did not suck, it merely changed. And watching Ragnar's personality and motivations come out in his children was interesting. Travis Fimmel was something else though. He should have won an Emmy as others say.

Ivar the Boneless carried it and the actor, Alex Hogh is some sort of Se type. I have him tentatively typed as SEE-Se so far.

Se trolling--->

This part and the next five minutes feels way to true 14:41

TIM
    ENFp-C
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure if we're posting just movies we like or movies we feel represent beta, but either way I submit Jackie Chan and pretty much anything he's made (in particular though his Hong Kong films rather than the American ones)
    “Things always seem fairer when we look back at them, and it is out of that inaccessible tower of the past that Longing leans and beckons.”
    — James Russell Lowell
    猫が生き甲斐

TIM
    ILI - H/C 4w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this anime is very SLE-ish (Creative sub type). Beside the main character in part 1 look like a SEI? The main characters in the other part are all Beta.

How to look manly and gay at the same time?

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    ref to ptr to self
    Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

After Ragnar in Vikings was fun, if weird at times, but During Ragnar in Vikings was something else..

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battle Royale

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy S1

Happy S2

Creator of the show is IEI > EIE, probably sp/sx

Detective Sax is SLE-Se
    His partner Meredith is LSI > SLE-Ti
    His ex wife Amanda is ESI
    His daughter Hailey is probably IEI maybe IEE
    Hailey's imaginary donkey I think is IEE or ESE

Main villains are Delta

TIM
    SLE
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Yakuza Papers series is by the same director as Battle Royale, Kinji Fukasaku

The Yakuza Papers vol 1 Battles Without Honour and Humanity

https://tubitv.com/movies/507959/the...r-and-humanity

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Valerie and Her Week of Wonders

♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈 ♓︎ 𝓅𝒾𝓈𝒸𝑒𝓈
    ♍︎ 𝓋𝒾𝓇𝑔𝑜 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝒾𝓃𝑔 ♍︎

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perfect IEI movie, more cheerful than it looks. Instantly one of my faves, nourshing for the downbeaten soul!

The pacing of the movie is excellent, I believe the story is based on a poem and you really get that ni feeling of everything being part of one continuous spiralling journey with quirky characters thrown in. And the message that honour is all...
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 10-20-2021 at 06:43 PM.

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post

Perfect IEI movie, more cheerful than it looks. Instantly one of my faves, nourshing for the downbeaten soul!

The pacing of the movie is excellent, I believe the story is based on a poem and you really get that ni feeling of everything being part of one continuous spiralling journey with quirky characters thrown in. And the message that honour is all...
    Perfect EII movie

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Northstar View Post
    Perfect EII movie
    you think?

oh well all that matters is I loved it

TIM
    ISTP
    Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    you think?

oh well all that matters is I loved it
    Yeah it's got delta themes all over it.. EII have the 4D demo Ni and can be very poetic, this story is just not the beta kind.
    The concept of honor as keeping one's word and accepting "just" punishment is LSE > SLE.

"Lowery describes the film as being about the importance of comporting one's self with integrity and goodness over being concerned with one's legacy
    Though the question of Gawain's ultimate fate is left intentionally ambiguous, Lowery stated that he wanted the possibility of Gawain being beheaded to be, “a positive thing...He faces his fate bravely, and there's honor and integrity in that. But that doesn't mean that he's dead, he's killed. He received the blow that he was dealt, and all is set right within the universe of the film.”
    The complicated relationship between Morgan le Fay and Gawain written for the film also evoked Lowery's experiences with his mother and needing to be pushed to stand on his own as an adult.
    The film also deals with the conflict between mankind and nature.Lowery stated that monologue by Vikander's Lady Bertilak reflects both the symbolism of conservative Arthurian Christian civilization being in conflict with paganism and nature and his own sentiment that inevitably, nature will win over civilization and bring peace. The Green Knight's depiction as a tree-like entity also depicts nature and paganism invading the dull sanctum of the Round Table and Arthur's kingdom.This is further emphasized by Lowery's decision to portray Arthur and Guinevere as sickly, alluding to the waning control of the civilization they represent."

Never mind a quirky Ne talking fox ..

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Northstar I may have missed some stuff in the movie..I think I saw the bit about him accepting his punishment to be more about him accepting his role as a knight, accepting that all there is in life is the mission to bring good into the world. I think of IEIs as brave, not really EIIs but I'm happy to be wrong about the type of the director..could it be something an EII would aspire to? to be brave? or is it just the human condition lol. I found the movie funny too. He just seems resigned to putting up with his fate lol. Is that EII?

Lol the SEE I went to see the movie with had a lot of questions about the fox. I think I said- oh it's just a little animal friend.

Have you seen The Fountain by Darren Afronsky? I went to see his other movie Mother! with an EII who absolutely loved it.

I think a lot of shows/films I like are probably EII after all I guess when we make art we often bring up unconscious desires and it might end up making more sense to another type than to people of the same type as the artist. Like for example I'm sure Lynch is IEI (right???) but I totally can't be bothered with half his movies. Twin Peaks/Elephant Man move me to my core though.

edit:

bravest artist/ fictional character I can think of..

Vincent Van Gogh (EII?) faced mental illness/depression

Laura Palmer from Twin Peaks (faces abuse)
    Last edited by Bethanyclaire; 10-20-2021 at 09:15 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678