Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the perfect type for an INTj to fall in love with?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What is the perfect type for an INTj to fall in love with?

Just throwing it out there. I just want to know what type is the best for me.
    I think, therefore I am

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And in case you were all wondering, this is my fabled INTj cousin.

And the best type is theoretically your dual type, which would be ESFj.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks Cone
    I think, therefore I am

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How would you just find out what a person's type is by just looking at them? Would like a site to explain this.
    I think, therefore I am

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*sigh*

People ask this kind of thing SOOO much... experience, experience, experience. You can't really "learn" it any other way besides meeting a lot of people (or seeing pictures) and connecting type-face.

Example of ESFJ (ESE):

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=doql52

http://ouim.org/news/images//Nia.JPG
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    do you mean vi? general information on what people of different types act/look like can be found here
    Eh.. I still don't think you can learn much from things like that, only from actually seeing it yourself (maybe it's because I'm an "evil positivist bastard" ), but, in that case:

http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=849
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well PTL is an INTj, and he thinks so, and if the other guy is INTj then it should theoretically be helpful to him as well.

but rocky, you make alot of good points, im not criticizing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tin
    How would you just find out what a person's type is by just looking at them? Would like a site to explain this.
    http://socion.info has pictures of people of various types, but I would not rely so much on the way people look to determine type.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, ENFps seem to be really into INTjs this season...
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who wouldn't want an INTj? look at them, they're hot! all goofy, cold but really nice to animals. This one INTj girl I know, she has a rat, and when she puts him on her shoulder she is filled with what I call "sex charge"

Don't know what it is, but something "turns on" and you can feel it.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

edit
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Yet, it should perhaps be kept in mind that there is hardly a type that is as accepting and appreciative of all types of people as ENFps and that they will take the time to actually get to know an INTj and learn more about him/her when others have already rolled their eyes and gone their way...
    [sarcasm]Oh, how sweet of you to condescend. [/sarcasm]
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. You guys are great. And I personally think that ESFjs get along pretty darn well with INTjs. :wink:
    "this shaking keeps me steady. i should know. what falls always is always. and is near. i wake to sleep and taking my waking slow. i learn by going where i have to go." -t. roethke

ENFp!!!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Waddlesworth
    Don't know what it is, but something "turns on" and you can feel it.
    I had an unhealthy obsession with a foreign exchange student one year. She was an INTj (I think). I swear, she knew that I liked her.

Anyway, with INTjs, I always feel some really deep sexual thing that I can't really describe. It's weird and it happened twice. Oh well...

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim
    Yet, it should perhaps be kept in mind that there is hardly a type that is as accepting and appreciative of all types of people as ENFps and that they will take the time to actually get to know an INTj and learn more about him/her when others have already rolled their eyes and gone their way...
    [sarcasm]Oh, how sweet of you to condescend. [/sarcasm]
    Yeah, I suppose it does read like that. No, it's not about that. It's about getting passed a supposed coldness and aloofness because you pick up that there is more to the person. INTjs are not the easiest type to build friendships with...but not because people think they are weird, but because people think they are intimidating.

I apologize if I sounded condescending. Quite the contrary...
    I'll stay out of this now, sorry.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I can say it stay away from ESFP...they will drive you mad.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Yeah, I suppose it does read like that. No, it's not about that. It's about getting passed a supposed coldness and aloofness because you pick up that there is more to the person. INTjs are not the easiest type to build friendships with...but not because people think they are weird, but because people think they are intimidating.

I apologize if I sounded condescending. Quite the contrary...
    I'll stay out of this now, sorry.
    Accepted.
    Sorry, Kim, I've got issues today. I should've known you didn't mean it that way. It just ticked me off.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    *cough* /supervision
    No kidding.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.

Creepy-Kim (not logged on)

yeah, I suppose...

It would have ticked me off, too...Thanks!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who said, "the cold, watchful eye of supervision"? :wink:
    Entp
    ILE

Creepy-staralfur

Despite duality, it seems to me like most ESFJ's would be too worried about what other people would think about them if they were caught dead with a weirdo INTJ. I think the ISFP/INTJ activity combo would make a much better match.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by staralfur
    Despite duality, it seems to me like most ESFJ's would be too worried about what other people would think about them if they were caught dead with a weirdo INTJ.
    URGH! Not a good time for me to hear this now.

Ok. I'm stressed. I'm going on vacation now (yes, I actually am, and good thing).
    EDIT: Now as in tomorrow morning.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I happen to really like INTjs. I am not saying all ESFjs and INTjs make good matches, but we sort of balance out eachothers strong personality characteristics. I like that a lot.
    "this shaking keeps me steady. i should know. what falls always is always. and is near. i wake to sleep and taking my waking slow. i learn by going where i have to go." -t. roethke

ENFp!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite duality, it seems to me like most ESFJ's would be too worried about what other people would think about them if they were caught dead with a weirdo INTJ.
    Maybe in high school...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man leave the intj's alone! They are not a bad sort.

Personally I like most intj's. I have great conversations with them. I always leave with new, refined ideas. They don't judge people and aren't uptight about stuff. They are open to new ideas and don't get hemmed in by any preconceived ideas.

They can be a little cold, but you just have to persist with them. There's plenty of other types who are somewhat cold as well, no? But weird? Nah. Weird according to who? Everybody's weird, if you ask me. If people can't handle intj's, that's on them, not the intj!
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: What is the perfect type for an INTj to fall in love wit

Quote Originally Posted by Tin
    Just throwing it out there. I just want to know what type is the best for me.
    According to which ideals?

We're talking about tastes, if you like green, we'll guide you to the green intertype relation, etc...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the perfect type for an INTj to fall in love with?
    There is no correct answer, there are only opinions. The question is rhetorical. The answer is a paradox. The answer may be determined by a democratic vote. The answer could be determined by a dictator. It might even be determined after you "play the field".

The ESFj's hidden agenda is "to be perfect" whatever that means and is the dual for the INTj so I guess that answers the question in theory.
    Remember to keep things simple and not any simpler like Einstein once said.

Creepy-

"Despite duality, it seems to me like most ESFJ's would be too worried about what other people would think about them if they were caught dead with a weirdo INTJ"

Um, yeah all INTjs are weird but they are divided up into may different categories of weirdness.
    The "good" and well-adjusted weird ones often embrace their weirdness so others view him as smart, individualistic, and often quite funny. They are generally well-liked.
    The "bad" weird ones act like freaks..

Creepy-

Lets not knock INTjs and say that ESFj are in any way above them.

A well-adjusted, good looking, and intelligent INTj would probably not want much to do with some neurotic, insecure, and clingy ESFj.

It goes both ways. A type is just a type. It's how you use what you have

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, Mister Guest. How about making an actual acount so people know who you are?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, yeah all INTjs are weird
    Well I don't think I'm weird!
    INTJ
    ^..^

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, yeah all INTjs are weird
    An over-generalised label for INTj's.
    Remember to keep things simple and not any simpler like Einstein once said.

Creepy-staralfur

Sorry if I offended anyone with my post. I should have clarified to say that INTJ's may be classified as "weird" by society's standards... which may not be a bad thing depending on how you look at it. I think that INTJ's are some of the brightest people I've ever met and I'm fascinated by their strong Ti (my 6th). It just takes the right person to see past their unconventional behavior, which in most cases isn't the ESFJ.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I reckon INTjs are lucky that ESFj is not an uncommon type
    I(N)Tj

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I suppose it does read like that. No, it's not about that. It's about getting passed a supposed coldness and aloofness because you pick up that there is more to the person. INTjs are not the easiest type to build friendships with...but not because people think they are weird, but because people think they are intimidating. .
    Actually I think that that is accurate -- generally speaking, ESFj women tend to get to know men through small talk and to expect men to show an obvious interest in them -- not INTj's strong points.

staralfur wrote:
    It just takes the right person to see past their unconventional behavior, which in most cases isn't the ESFJ.
    If you mean immediately see, then I agree --

My most stable and "mature" relationship was with an ESFj woman, so I'd have to agree with the theory.

As for other types, my personal experience is that:

- INFj: great for discussions and shared activities, but too sensitive, too complaining of others' "insensitivity", too trusting of her intuition to see "what you really mean when you say that"
    - INTp: a very good match if she could just decide on what she wanted
    - ESFp: totally unable to understand INTjs, and why one should "want" to be one --
    - ISTj: I'd better not say anything - -
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if I offended anyone with my post. I should have clarified to say that INTJ's may be classified as "weird" by society's standards... which may not be a bad thing depending on how you look at it. I think that INTJ's are some of the brightest people I've ever met and I'm fascinated by their strong Ti (my 6th). It just takes the right person to see past their unconventional behavior, which in most cases isn't the ESFJ.
    Entp's are weirder, then, by society's standards . . .
    Entp
    ILE

Creepy-wady

I think that what makes INTj's weird are their little obsessions. They also tend to not really know what's going on around them, staying focused on the idea of what they want or need, or the little "interior monologue"(something and INTj that I know speaks of alot).

For example, they will have a plan and will try to live up to the plan. If they start acting weird or lose control of themselves they won't know how to dig themselves out of the ditch and will sort of fall back on their little inner world, turning to story telling or warmer thoughts about their pasts.

One INTj I know has been trying desperately to fit in at school. We have had a semi-romantic thing going on so I came up to visit her, drove 300 miles to see her.

When I arrived she had already planned my whole visit in her head. The dinner with her friends, the going to the movies. She plans it all out without telling anyone, just gets wraveled in her own inner world. When I was talking to her friends they had told me she had planned it all out, she didn't even discuss it.

They also told me about how she brought some drunk guy into her room the night before, one of those guys that trys to "get some" from anyone he can. Now this girl can't stand more than two sips of beer, so she wasn't drunk but her behavior was so flirtatious looking that her roommate and alot of people at the party were getting aggravated. But she brings this guy into her room, no one knows what happened, but her story is that they "made out a little". my guess is that she didn't want to, was afraid, and them ashamed of what she did. Her motivations are totally unknown to me, but my guess is that she really didn't know what she was doing, maybe she was even trying to live up to her little "plan" she had, i don't know. whatever it was it could have gotten her in trouble. She is going to get a lecture by me, hopefully by her roommates as well on the "do's" and "dont's" of behavior.

basically, she has no idea what she is doing in a social environment. she trys to make up for it by doing things she thinks are "normal" but which are more stupid and ridiculous than an image of the reality. I cant even put it into words, but its just weird.

It was just sad to me because this is the girl I have grown to love over the past year and she puts herself in these insecure positions and does these ridiculous looking, incredibly naive things when she loses control of her littler "plan" so to speak. Being that she was so afraid and naive about kissing me, I am having a hard time accepting that she, being sober, would do a thing with a drunken idiot. But who knows, maybe she needs the control. hard to really consolidate this story, but its just an example of why Fe is something and INTj needs alot. Somone has got to go "what the hell are you doing?!"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@WW, yes intj's are a little spacey. Take a family member of mine. It's like he doesn't get even the basics of the game of dating. He won't flirt. He won't court his love interest. He'll argue with them about feminism instead. Hello??
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, he sounds like he's turning fear into principle.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's what we're all saying in my family. As we nod and then whisper.

We even talked about having an intervention, but we figured he'd just get mad.
    Entp
    ILE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast