Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: Socionics Beta types Examples

wants to be a writer. silverchris9's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Male INFp is SO INFp. Good typing there, and a good example of the "good INFp" stereotype: NiFe approach to ethical matters, still very harmonious, but a different standpoint than the INFj.

Many of the things he talked about---fundamental disharmony between certain "types" of people, emergent properties (knowing the song is going to be a hit, knowing what colors "go together"), the mixture of wanting power and the social capital thereof (the bit about wanting people to know he's good) with wanting to avoid measuring people against one another, the fear of proving inferior in competition, the way he talks/thinks in terms of perspective ("they'll never see the world like we see it"), often to avoid negatively judging people, and above all, the constant self-watching ("now I sound phony like I'm trying to talk for the camera")---are INFp hallmarks and things to watch for.

I think he's a good archetypal "good" INFp, possibly a non-4 INFp, or if not, an INFp as we generally present ourselves in the world: affable, good-natured, caring, etc. Here on 16types, we see more of the "internal" INFp, more of the calculation, the figuring-it-out, the soul-searching, the Ni-pondering-on-the-abyss/world side. But I think that guy is a good example of how the average INFp might present himself/herself.

I agree with the SLE typing of the male, that seems rather obvious to me... I can't pinpoint why, but yeah, that's what an SLE is like (he'll probably firm up a little more once he's got a cause to fight for; they usually do). I wasn't as sure at first about the woman, but I'm beginning to see it. I was at first led astray by her conservatism. This shows how type =/= social views---many SLEs are quite revolutionary, but this SLE is quite traditional. I think the distinguishing factor is the way they cling to their beliefs, rather than the beliefs themselves.

Haven't watched the rest yet, but thanks for posting. It's always nice to see people talking about the sorts of things that tend to be type related, outlook, etc.
    Not a rule, just a trend.

IEI. Probably Fe subtype. Pretty sure I'm E4, sexual instinctual type, fairly confident that I'm a 3 wing now, so: IEI-Fe E4w3 sx/so. Considering 3w4 now, but pretty sure that 4 fits the best.

Yes 'a ma'am that's pretty music...

I am grateful for the mystery of the soul, because without it, there could be no contemplation, except of the mysteries of divinity, which are far more dangerous to get wrong.

TIM
    C-EIE, 7-4-8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Male ESTP- ESE-SEE. How anyone can type this guy a Decisive is beyond me.

Female ESTP- SEE-LII. Fairly expressive, but not nearly as much as the male ESTP, nor very attracted to flamboyance (conflict with Alpha SF values) -- places a fair bit of importance on family, responsibility and stuff.

Male ISTJ: LSI-EII.

Female ISTJ: LSI-SLI. She's kinda weird.

Male INFP: IEE-ESI. Not Se-valuing (dislikes aggression), but not Se-PoLR (not afraid to assert himself).

Female INFP: IEI-SEI. Adorably so.
    Last edited by Aleksei; 07-07-2011 at 04:30 PM.
    What do these signs mean—, , etc.? Why cannot socionists use symbols Ne, Ni etc. as in MBTI? Just because they have somewhat different meaning. Socionics and MBTI, each in its own way, have slightly modified the original Jung's description of his 8 psychological types. For this reason, (Ne) is not exactly the same as Ne in MBTI.

Just one example: in MBTI, Se (extraverted sensing) is associated with life pleasures, excitement etc. By contrast, the socionic function (extraverted sensing) is first and foremost associated with control and expansion of personal space (which sometimes can manifest in excessive aagression, but often also manifests in a capability of managing lots of people and things).

For this reason, we consider comparison between MBTI types and socionic types by functions to be rather useless than useful.

-Victor Gulenko, Dmitri Lytov

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ti-ISTj?:

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa33 View Post
    Guy123; the last female example is a female ISTj rather than ENFj.
    Maybe. But look at this quote that she said:

"I don't finish as much as I'd like to as far as what I start, but it is very important to me to have things finished in order and completed."

"...I try to be consistent but I never measure up to my standard of consistency."
    How many ISTjs do you know have trouble with finishing and consistency?

It sounds like weak, but valued Wouldn't it be better placed in the Super-Id block (EIE) rather than Ego block (LSI)?

Also check out her other quotes:

"When something means a lot to me, I tend to get real preachy and maybe go
    overboard on some of the things that mean a lot to me. I have to check myself and scale back, try to choose my words carefully because I tend to use a lot of words."
    This sounds consistent with EIE ego with Mobilizing :

"..EIEs can be brash and harshly critical during fits of passion, and they appreciate people who are not fazed by their ravings, but calmly stand their ground.."
    There's also strong here:

"I find meaning in pretty much everything."
    "I want to use it (life) for a purpose...If I were in a different situation I'd love to sell everything and be a missionary and take off and help people. I'm really tired of the possessions and I feel like they own me."
    "..EIEs reject the idea that life is just a sequence of ho-hum everyday events with no particular meaning. They want everything to have a grand or symbolic purpose that arouses the imagination and passions. For that matter, EIEs seek to define their unique purpose in life, and orient goals around the meaning they infer from their experiences across time.."
    The ENFJs I know are all about saving the world and rescuing other people and the quote above pretty much aligns with that.

Then again, her demeanor does seem a bit subdued and quiet on video, BUT, I know many that can seem "introverted" when first meeting them. ENFJ's are more evident in group settings; they can be real chameleons otherwise.

Anyway, what were your thoughts on why she's ISTj?
    Last edited by Computer Loser; 08-01-2011 at 12:08 AM.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Male INFP - ISFp.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Old Man from Pawn Stars - SLE

Last edited by Trevor; 06-22-2014 at 12:03 AM.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Fredrik Wikingsson - IEI-Fe (left) and Filip Hammar - SLE-Ti (right)
    Two Swedish writers, television hosts and journalists.

Evangeline Lilly - IEI sx/so

Chelsea Handler - SLE-Ti so/sp 7w8

Fidel Castro (EIE-Ni sp/so) talks about Che Guevara (LSI-Se so/sx)

Last edited by silke; 10-11-2015 at 07:29 AM.

TIM
    IEI, INFJ, 4w3, sxsp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These are my hunches:

SLE: Danny Brown, James Deen, Charley Boorman(?), Jenna Marbles

IEI: Jared Leto, Fiona Apple, Eminem, Ewan Mcgregor, Josh Radner

LSI: Lil Wayne

EIE: Macklemore

I also have a list of Youtubers I could add later.
    Last edited by ThisIsKade; 04-25-2014 at 04:03 AM.

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsKade View Post
    Jared Leto
    He's EIE

He delivered humor in tragedy whenever his father was mentioned for sure!

TIM
    IEI
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's time to introduce you all to an EIE. No, he is not me (IEI). He is EIE.

TIM
    IEI, INFJ, 4w3, sxsp
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@lifer what exactly makes you think Jared Leto's an EIE? Because all the EIE's I know are much more dramatic (like Macklemore) in almost a staged way, as if they are ready for their lives to turn into a musical at any moment, doing many things for a laugh and an inside joke. Jared Leto also leads with his eyes, often not turning his head right away, which is a distinctly IEI thing. He also is more spacey and distracted and doesn't make a lot of eye contact when he's thinking. His attention seems more focused inwards rather than outwords. 30 Seconds to Mars is a band, so the video comes off as very Beta, but Jared individually comes off as specifically IEI in my opinion.

Does anybody else on this thread have any opinions?

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

SLE?

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Michael C. Ruppert: EIE-Fe sp/so
    his bandmate Doug Lewis seems to be LSI - shown at @10:00 of second video

Shaun Smith: SLE-Ti so/sp

Last edited by silke; 06-21-2014 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI Yesenin (unfrotunately not in English):

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

supposedly three EIEs (Hamlets):

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Haha slavic girls have an acute syndrom of bitch face

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THE RUSSIANS ARE COMING
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/goo0int-1

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TlQXxfTaN9o

Doris Kearns Goodwin is pretty similar to me vis a vis mannerisms, speech patterns, interests, even the way she reacts to certain situations. I think she is Beta because of her Ni and Fe strengths. I am leaning toward EIE for her because she seems more EJ than IP.
    @<a href="http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/member.php?u=5926" target="_blank">aisa</a>
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

A man chooses, a slave obeys MensSuperMateriam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta song (The Rains of Castamere, Game of Thrones) performed by someone who seems to be EIE:

Haikus
    TIM
    LSI 5w6 sx/so
    Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Glenn Close is probably ESI-Se. Marlene Dietrich could be LSI, Putin is LSI, not EIE (lmfao - the same type as Jennifer Aniston), Antonio Banderas is SLE-Se, Julian Assange is IEI-Ni, I think (6w5), Mylene Farmer is EIE, Sophie Marceau looks like a Se creative to me, Jane Birkin ...she's slippery, could be IEI, could be LSI with a softer and more refined side (her passion with Serge Gainsburg, SLE-Se, could allow for both). Arnoldie Schawrz. is a Rational logical type, not SLE.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    Glenn Close is probably ESI-Se. Marlene Dietrich could be LSI, Putin is LSI, not EIE (lmfao - the same type as Jennifer Aniston), Antonio Banderas is SLE-Se, Julian Assange is IEI-Ni, I think (6w5), Mylene Farmer is EIE, Sophie Marceau looks like a Se creative to me, Jane Birkin ...she's slippery, could be IEI, could be LSI with a softer and more refined side (her passion with Serge Gainsburg, SLE-Se, could allow for both). Arnoldie Schawrz. is a Rational logical type, not SLE.
    yeah, lol, I probably should've added that some of them look pretty much hit or miss/mistyped
    I haven't thorougly analised all of them, neither do I have VI skills proficient enough to do so with certainty - what would you say is the correct typings ratio in that site more or less?

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rosewood View Post
    I was like when I saw Putin under EIE!
    As for Sophie Marceau, I saw her typed EII somewhere on the forum. What gives her away as Se creative?
    Jane Birkin could be either IEI-Ni or LSI, I agree.

michael peterson lsi?

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that website has Dostoevsky as EIE. isn't he universally accepted as the benchmark for EII?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mstislav Rostropovich - IEI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LU_QR_FTt3E

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Here's two Se-LSIs:

Paul Simonon of The Clash, The Good, The Bad and The Queen, Gorillaz

Peter Steele of Type O Negative, Carnivore

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a couple of duals chatting about music and dresses during a particularly shameful time for clothing and mustaches...

Freddie Mercury (ENFj) and Dave Clark (ISTj)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnOuFyeaTVA

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Henry Kravis (SLE-Ti so/sp) with his wife Marie-Josee Kravis (possibly EIE)

Tariq Ali (LSI so/sp) in conversation with Julian Assange (IEI so/sp) and Noam Chomsky (LII sp/so)

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

EIE-Ni?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

russel brand EIE-Ni textbook example in my opinion while john krasinski and ian somerhalder could very much be EIE-fe. very subdued but still emotionally charged!

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    russel brand EIE-Ni textbook example in my opinion while john krasinski and ian somerhalder could very much be EIE-fe. very subdued but still emotionally charged!
    Russell Brand seems very Ne valuing to me. What is the case for EIE-Ni?

Welcome to the forum, by the way.
    You seek a great fortune, you three who are now in chains. You will find a fortune, though it will not be the one you seek.
    But first you must travel a long and difficult road, a road fraught with peril.
    You shall see things, wonderful to tell. You shall see a... cow... on the roof of a cotton house. And, oh, so many startlements.
    I cannot tell you how long this road shall be, but fear not the ob-stacles in your path, for fate has vouchsafed your reward.
    Though the road may wind, yea, your hearts grow weary, still shall ye follow them, even unto your salvation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pukq_XJmM-k

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Iris View Post
    Russell Brand seems very Ne valuing to me. What is the case for EIE-Ni?

Welcome to the forum, by the way.
    yeah, he does use his Ne a lot but i see a lot of his Ni when i see his daily channel vlogs. i think his flamboyancy often acts like an diversion from his somewhat romaticized points of view. he often talks about "in future" trying to raise internal consciousness and his topics of choice are often heavily spiritual and he often has a certain symbolic way of understanding how things work - so i opt for putting him in the Ni category. plus he's very much an EIE so i have no choice but to put him in either Fe or Ni subtype haha
    and thank you miss very much so! )

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI with his SEE gf

IEI and SLE couple

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

michelle rodriguez - ISTj-Se and famke janssen - ISTJ -Ti ---- freakin fierce and good examples how ISTj-s come in many different shapes and forms

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj "Maxim" - Taylor Schilling, the actress playing Piper Chapman in Orange is the New Black series

LSI girls are so beautiful

TIM
    Si 6 spsx
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTj - Piper Kerman (left), the real life "Piper Chapman", with Taylor Schilling (right) who plays her character in the series. Two ISTjs.

Fe-ENFj - Jenji Kohan, the creater of Orange is the New Black

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Vladimir Putin LSI (-Ti so/sp 1w2)

Last edited by silke; 09-03-2014 at 04:09 AM.

Mentioned
    154 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

persephone posted this in the shoutbox earlier.

Yelle - Se-LSI

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure if they were mentioned before but 4 LSI-Se's imo:

catherine zeta jones

emily blunt

victoria beckham

sophie ellis bextor

n all of them british! (:

Page 2 of 79 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast