Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2329303132333435363743 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,320 of 3121

Thread: Socionics Beta types Examples

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    Which country are you from out of curiosity?
    Really? lol, I'm not even going to tell you if you can't figure that out.

What Country is found North of the 49th parallel? I'll give you some time to work it out.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Finaplex View Post
    Really? lol, I'm not even going to tell you if you can't figure that out.

What Country is found North of the 49th parallel? I'll give you some time to work it out.
    I already was presuming Canada, no need to be rude my bro. Just never heard of "The 49" before and wanted to make sure.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    I already was presuming Canada, no need to be rude my bro. Just never heard of "The 49" before and wanted to make sure.
    Rude - playful.

Tomato, tomato.

Can't keep up, not my dual. no worries its all good.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the sound off, she reminds me reasonably well of a good female friend of mine whom I type SLE-Se. Not as smooth. Said friend (and other SLE close ones) would probably be opposed to clothes in weird colors and patterns. Deltas would not.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This man seems EIE, from what i can tell. What do you think?
    Last edited by para; 03-27-2019 at 10:37 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    This man seems EIE, from what i can tell. What do you think?
    I do not perceive him as emotionally aggressive to suppose base Fe

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSI

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by atlascog View Post

LSI
    I disagree. He appears to be a Pi-Je combo.

Mentioned
    155 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Samson View Post
    I disagree. He appears to be a Pi-Je combo.
    Any specific type suggestions? I was also considering SLI.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paul Walker EIE

After just watching I Am Paul Walker, he is probably a EIE.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Camilla Lau - SLE?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Camilla Lau - N

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Camilla Lau - N
    Thank you, Sol. Do you see more logic or ethic?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by para View Post
    Do you see more logic or ethic?
    mb ENFP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmj-azFbpkA

Shonda Rhimes - ENFj . at 12:43 explaining Ti-DS
    or not

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Vanessa Van Edwards - EIE-Fe so/sx

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Vanessa Van Edwards - mb ESE

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    Vanessa Van Edwards - mb ESE
    I'm seeing a Fe base type, but this chick is very robotic-like.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright so people want to see what I think is a strong EIE-Fe type, so here you go.

I've been hesitating to post this woman's story because I don't want to diminish what her testament says about her experience, but I found these longer videos particularly show in nice example very palpable and strong Fe. Her emotions are genuinely linked to her experiences as she recalls her story in great detail. She pulls from within and produces a strong Fe effect. I think over all you are seeing some Fe+Ni, lots of key words in there as well "vision" ect. I think you also get a look into some of the strengths and weaknesses of this sociotype through her own words. She says she was aware of what was happening and is able to break it down into parts and pieces (Ni) and says that she had an advantage over others there with the effects (again strong Ni).

You can see extroversion in her story as well and the way she describes people reacting to her in literal sense (Fe).

Watch the videos, or don't but don't comment unless you watch some of it. You can take this as my reference point for EIEs as this is how I see healthy balanced ones with good upbringing and little psychological trauma. Nice to see sometimes.

Second video is better.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm seeing a Fe base type, but this chick is very robotic-like.
    She apparently has some mild autism going, saying she's had trouble recognizing facial expressions by the end of this video. Sort of interesting how people can put on such a performance without really feeling others.

Alright so people want to see what I think is a strong EIE-Fe type, so here you go.

I've been hesitating to post this woman's story because I don't want to diminish what her testament says about her experience, but I found these longer videos particularly show in nice example very palpable and strong Fe. Her emotions are genuinely linked to her experiences as she recalls her story in great detail. She pulls from within and produces a strong Fe effect. I think over all you are seeing some Fe+Ni, lots of key words in there as well "vision" ect. I think you also get a look into some of the strengths and weaknesses of this sociotype through her own words. She says she was aware of what was happening and is able to break it down into parts and pieces (Ni) and says that she had an advantage over others there with the effects (again strong Ni).

You can see extroversion in her story as well and the way she describes people reacting to her in literal sense (Fe).

Watch the videos, or don't but don't comment unless you watch some of it. You can take this as my reference point for EIEs as this is how I see healthy balanced ones with good upbringing and little psychological trauma. Nice to see sometimes.

Second video is better.

gmm I'd actually consider this girl to be an SEE and on the Fi/Te spectrum generally speaking. She's like the exact replica of my new SEE hair stylist, whom I admit I picked on basis of a promise of her being an SEE and visiting her yesterday just confirmed her type. This girl does have something in common with the woman above (and my new stylist) in that they share the same enneagram type: 9w8.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mark Bowden - another EIE (3w4 sx/so) - that assertive triad 3-ness is really showing around 15 min

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silke View Post

gmm I'd actually consider this girl to be an SEE and on the Fi/Te spectrum generally speaking. She's like the exact replica of my new SEE hair stylist, whom I admit I picked on basis of a promise of her being an SEE and visiting her yesterday just confirmed her type. This girl does have something in common with the woman above (and my new stylist) in that they share the same enneagram type: 9w8.
    Something to consider eh?

Still, strong Fe here. I got a blast of what she wanted me to feel, especially around the 20 min mark of second video. Some low Ti moments as well when she tries to explain using Computer analogies and ends up tongue tied.

I also see something Aristocratic quadra about her, as in the archetype has evolved past Alpha, yet still remains in a Merry group.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

She apparently has some mild autism going, saying she's had trouble recognizing facial expressions by the end of this video. Sort of interesting how people can put on such a performance without really feeling others.
    Funny how I picked up on that... : o

"put on a performance without really feeling others"... sooo Fe.

That's how I see ESE for the most part. Totally transparent.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mark Bowden - another EIE (3w4 sx/so) - that assertive triad 3-ness is really showing around 15 min

I'm going further and saying this is also ; extroversion generally
    ; Fe - "I choose my behaviours authentically" - he did this the entire lecture on purpose. "Perform like you are listening" "act like anything else, but indifferent" interesting a focus on the conflict scenario with conflictor.
    ; A kind of Se
    ; both ethics ignoring - we all know the angry types - AND ethics manipulating
    ; energy manifestation. Building energy up and activating the environment with it. Purposeful in this guys case. I should say consciously purposeful.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A take on LSI by Eleanor Berdutina, a popular Russian coacher, HR consultant, socionic enthusiast and researcher, influenced by Aušra Augustinavičiūtė and Gregory Reinin.

Last edited by miss BabyDoll; 04-12-2019 at 10:03 PM.
    ipsa scientia potestas est-adaequatio intellectus et rei

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Sort of interesting how people can put on such a performance without really feeling others.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fake_orgasm

in case she has T type, she'd was expected to have problems with understanding feelings in others and herself. as she mb trained to act for public, so her behavior may look closer to F types on initial and surface impressions

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isabella I of Castille and Ferdinand II of Aragon, catholic monarchs responsible for unification of Spain in hindsight and also leading figures of Reconquista, her LSI and him EIE.

Ferdinand -
    "John II was careful about Ferdinand’s education and took personal charge of it, making sure that Ferdinand learned as much as possible from experience. He also provided him with teachers who taught him humanistic attitudes and wrote him treatises on the art of government. Ferdinand had no apparent bent for formal studies, but he was a patron of the arts and a devotee of vocal and instrumental music. Ferdinand had an imposing personality but was never very genial. From his father he acquired sagacity, integrity, courage, and a calculated reserve; from his mother, an impulsive emotionality, which he generally repressed. Under the responsibility of kingship he had to conceal his stronger passions and adopt a cold, impenetrable mask .Many considered Ferdinand the saviour of his kingdoms, a bringer of unity. Others despised him for having oppressed them. Machiavelli attributed to him the objectionable qualities of the Renaissance prince."

Isabella -
    "Her marriage to Ferdinand of Aragon became the basis for the political unification of Spain under their grandson,Charles V. After a struggle to claim her right to the throne, she reorganized the governmental system, brought the crime rate to the lowest it had been in years, and unburdened the kingdom of the enormous debt her brother had left behind. Her reforms and those she made with her husband had an influence that extended well beyond the borders of their united kingdoms.Isabella maintained an austere, temperate lifestyle, and her religious spirit influenced her the most in life.Isabella was a gracious woman and she united the courage of a heroine and diplomacy of a statesman and a legislator. she was always present at the transaction of state affairs and her name was placed beside that of her husband in public ordinances.while often accused of severity, pride, and unbounded ambition, these very traits oftentimes promoted the welfare of the kingdom, as well as developed her virtues and talents. a spirit like hers was necessary to humble the haughtiness of the nobles without exciting their hostility and to restrain the vices of her subjects.
    Of her, contemporaries said:

• Hernando de Pulgar: "She was very inclined to justice, so much so that she was reputed to follow more the path of rigor than that of mercy, and did so to remedy the great corruption of crimes that she found in the kingdom when she succeeded to the throne."
    • Lucio Marineo Siculo: "[The royal knight Alvaro Yáñez de Lugo] was condemned to be beheaded, although he offered forty thousand ducados for the war against the Moors to the court so that these monies spare his life. This matter was discussed with the queen, and there were some who told her to pardon him, since these funds for the war were better than the death of that man, and her highness should take them. But the queen, preferring justice to cash, very prudently refused them; and although she could have confiscated all his goods, which were many, she did not take any of them to avoid any note of greed, or that it be thought that she had not wished to pardon him in order to have his goods; instead, she gave them all to the children of the aforesaid knight."
    • Ferdinand, in his testament, declared that "she was exemplary in all acts of virtue and of fear of God."

"Maxim and Hamlet – a dyad of WARRIORS of the hierarchical social system that they themselves strive to build, cohesively and effectively, and likewise themselves fill it with sophisticated high-quality spiritual and intellectual content, themselves protect and develop it, advocate and defend its existence and well-being within the environment that surrounds this system. They expand it, strengthen and improve its stability and durability, protect it against the attacks of its "external and internal enemies", and pass it on from hand to hand to most reliable and prepared for the succession representatives – the best of future generations – as the most precious treasure, the most valued sacred relic."
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by miss BabyDoll; 04-14-2019 at 07:33 PM.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Katherina (Kate) Minola (EIE) – the "shrew" of the title and Petruchio (LSI), protagonists of the Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew.

Katherina - charming, verbose, intelligent, hot-tempered, and shrewish. Katherina's a girl who's just as capable of giving what she gets: just as the men around her objectify her, she insults and degrades them. However, her wit and anger scare both suitors and society, leading them to try to “fix” her. But while Katherina may be fundamentally unhappy, she’s unwilling to compromise her personality for the sake of others. Yet her angry, often violent, methods of expressing her frustrations do little to change anyone's mind.

Petruchio - selfish and cunning, but completely honest about it. Petruchio is materialistic, snobbish, collected and domineering.

central theme of the comedy is psychological interplay between Kate and Petruchio, more specifically, subordination and "educational therapy" often adopted by "declatim" LSI in the process of dualization with an EIE. The motif of such domestication is broadcasted in the play’s title by the word “taming.” A great part of the action consists of Petruchio’s attempts to cure Katherine of her antisocial hostility. Katherine is thus frequently referred to as a wild animal that must be domesticated. Petruchio considers himself, and the other men consider him, to be a tamer who must train his wife, and most of the men secretly suspect at first that her wild nature will prove too much for him. After the wedding, Petruchio and Katherine’s relationship becomes increasingly defined by the rhetoric of domestication. Petruchio speaks of training her like a “falcon” and plans to “kill a wife with kindness.” Hortensio even conceives of Petruchio’s house as a place where other men may learn how to domesticate women, calling it a “taming-school. the play portrays dispensation of the "dark energy" frequently present in characters of the EIE sociotype.
    "Not waiting for permission from the outside, Hamlet allows himself to "take his emotions for a walk", as dogs who have been sitting on a chain far too long, and releases them on whoever happened to be at hand. For this he provokes a scandal, using any opportunity to "pose the question or issue point-blank". And it's not that there are many "questions" and "issues", but that there is a lot of "dark energy" ("condensed emotions") that have accumulated, which are necessary to express somehow, to spill out somewhere, to discharge, because "burning them through" by oneself is all very difficult. It's not pleasant to see how unrealized emotions – their value, unrealized strength, hope, energy, and aspirations – burn pointlessly, as "dry foliage". Thus the EIE "lights up" as if on gunpowder whenever he is not allowed (for whichever reasons) to successfully and creatively to realize his emotional and energy potential."

to close the psychological distance and to break the vicious condensation of this destructive energy, a static declatim LSI, applies the rigorous "carrot and stick" method, the aforementioned educational "therapy" with much success rendering her balanced and transformed at the end of the play. Katherina is still powerful and sharp but grounded and relieved of negative emotions at the end of the play, left in a state out of which, a true "mentor" can emerge to surface.

shrew 2.jpgshrew.jpg
    Last edited by miss BabyDoll; 04-16-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

BeautyJunki101 - ESTP

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kill4Me View Post
    Suge Knight....SLE-Ti 8w7 so/sp

Knight comes in through Manuel Noriega for 8w7 so/sp:

secret typing shortcuts:

enneagram....eyes
    stacking....irises
    socionics....cognition

October 1987. A busy month for a burgeoning businessman. Knight was arrested for domestic violence, for allegedly slicing off his girlfriend’s pony tail,

In the heat of the summer, and his temper, Knight was busted for beating his girlfriend, as well as for Ecstasy, pharmaceuticals, and waving a knife around outside a Vegas strip club. Charges were dropped when the young lady in question, one Melissa Isaac, “mysteriously” vanished and couldn’t testify, reportedly leading the quixotic ex-con to quote, “God is good, Happy Holidays.”

East coast rapper Christopher “Biggie Smalls” Wallace was shot and killed at an event in L.A. Even though he was in jail, Knight was a major suspect, with avenging Shakur’s death seen as an alleged motive.

Five men broke into musician Akon’s producer’s home, reportedly claiming he owed Knight money, and stealing $170,000 worth of jewels, stereo gear, and a 130-pound safe. Rumors swirled that it was retaliation from Knight’s being on the receiving end of a pummeling back in February at a basketball event at the behest of Akon.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...test-hits.html
    This is one typing of a rapper you've typed SLE that I could understand especially since originally typing him SLE, unfortunately when I had typed him SLE it was a misunderstanding of Se ego. Watching videos of him I think he's Si/Ne valuing.

Suge comes across as an unhealthy Si-SEI 8w9, same enneagram as Eazy E and Dr Dre?

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a SLE rapper or someone involved in rap tbh being SLE

Hope that helps.

TIM
    INTp 5
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LeaderLightChange View Post
    I think you'd be hard pressed to find a SLE rapper or someone involved in rap tbh being SLE
    While I don't listen to rap, the rugged, hard-knocked, "street boy" persona a lot of rappers adopt seems like the stereotypical form of Se cognition. Though perhaps this is an image and rappers themselves don't manifest SLE irl. We'd need more information to be certain that it isn't a ruse or that it doesn't better correlate to some other psychometric system.

So, I really don't know for sure, but I can understand the typing of rappers as SLE. MBTI-wise, a lot of rappers have been typed as ESTP and a fair few ESTPs type as SLE. That being said, strong intuition would probably help with lyric generation, so I would expect a fair number of intuitive rappers. There are probably other effects to consider when predicting rap success, though. This is just a basic start.
    ----- FarDraft, 2020

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE ILE discussion.

SLE Joe tries to Ni pin down ILE Adam with a single idea. Adam tries to escape with Ne and implying the answer to Joe's pinning questions is "It depends." making room for exceptions and variety.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pixel View Post

SLE ILE discussion.

SLE Joe tries to Ni pin down ILE Adam with a single idea. Adam tries to escape with Ne and implying the answer to Joe's pinning questions is "It depends." making room for exceptions and variety.
    Not disputing their types but why do you think a SLE would be trying to use his dual seeking function to pin someone down and not his base?

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Not disputing their types but why do you think a SLE would be trying to use his dual seeking function to pin someone down and not his base?
    I think he's using both. He's saying this is the reality we see in life which I think is Se, and he's saying it has existed all through time this way which is Ni.

But the Ni is more aggressive because Adam is actively avoiding/ignoring it and Joe is trying to get him to admit it/see it. Joe is saying "How can you ignore Ni?"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I think he's using both. He's saying this is the reality we see in life which I think is Se, and he's saying it has existed all through time this way which is Ni.

But the Ni is more aggressive because Adam is actively avoiding/ignoring it and Joe is trying to get him to admit it/see it. Joe is saying "How can you ignore Ni?"
    He is not using Ni arguments here at all. He is using Se,Ti and some Te.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is not using Ni arguments here at all. He is using Se,Ti and some Te.

Even when he talks about evolution and things being apart of human nature throughout time?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Even when he talks about evolution and things being apart of human nature throughout time?
    Yes, SLE use Ti as a contact function. He is not using Ni. Socionics has Ni as "intuition of time" but it is much more than that. Even though he is talking about evolution and human nature he is just repeating things he has learned and accepted as truth. He is not using imagination or intuition of time. He is using Ti backed by Te to further his argument. His base function is underlying it all. I have seen Ti confused for Ni a lot on this forum.

2. Introverted logic

SLEs are inquisitive people. They are generally clear, consistent and systematic in their actions. They value competency and have an appreciation for method, viewing these things as vehicles through which strength, power and influence are demonstrated, values that SLEs consider important.

While SLEs see logical systems and structured views as necessary in life, they will often view said systems and views as changeable or expendable. Their use of Ti is flexible. They tend to gather - either legitimately or illegitimately - and retain information which they deem useful in attaining their goals.

SLEs come to their own conclusions about the world, although they tend towards simple generalizations. Because the SLE's ideas are influenced by their own agenda, they can be more subjective than they claim to be; they are skilled at using objective truths to help them achieve their goals. It can be very difficult to argue with an SLE; rarely will they submit to another's logic, since they believe that their own logic is so well developed. SLEs will often refuse to take others' advice - even to their own detriment - as they can have difficulty seeing viewpoints that differ from their own (though this may also be a matter of pride). They also have the tendency to compare others' plans to their own, and because of their confidence, will often consider them inferior or offer critique from their own point of view.

Super-Ego block

3. Extroverted intuition

SLEs are largely unaware of others' hidden potential and abilities, since they size up people based on visible qualities and behavior. As a result, their judgments of people may appear simplistic or one-dimensional, and they may seriously misjudge or underestimate the capabilities of others, leading to surprises and sometimes rude awakenings. Likewise, SLEs may fail to recognize long-term opportunities in the world around them as they pursue the more readily visible and immediately available routes to success.

To make up for their weakness in assessment of possibilities, SLEs may hesitate to act, believing that they are increasing the amount of opportunities they will have. Instead, they end up using none, thus failing to attain the results they were aiming for. In this sense, the SLE would have been much better off following his instincts in the first place. Many SLEs are aware of this, and simply prefer not to search for hidden opportunities and avoid this weakness altogether.

When it comes to future planning, SLEs speak with confidence and apparent optimism, although in actuality, they rarely feel confident in positive outcomes and further possibilities. They may also consider advanced planning unnecessary for trivial circumstances, as they prefer to act impulsively.

Despite their highly observant nature, SLEs are careful to avoid appearing too eager for knowledge. They become suspicious when others are overly curious about them and ask too many searching questions. SLEs are more comfortable asking and responding to specific questions that are relevant to the context rather than general ones whose purpose is unknown. When the information being exchanged is too broad and general, SLEs may wonder what the point is or whether someone is planning to use that information to take advantage of them. Concerns about revealing too much information about themselves and their activities sometimes makes SLEs appear paranoid and secretive.

8. Extroverted logic

SLEs have the ability to pick out information which will help them achieve a goal; they will often refer to well-known facts, statistics and historical examples to back up their claims. Often their own viewpoint will remain standing in the face of a majority opinion, as they know how to formulate a strong argument. SLEs will often question the authenticity or reliability of informational sources, preferring not to use those which are doubtful or which have been proven wrong in the past. They enjoy learning about a wide variety of things, and are motivated by the prospect of rewards and status; they like to prove their authority and skills e.g. through a large amount of academic awards or extra curricular certificates.

Contact functions 2 and 3 are in the mental ring. The creative function produces new information out of what is accepted by the base function. This is literally how we uniquely 'make contact' with the world. This has potential to grow stronger as a conscious element since it's the Ego's connection to reality. In the role function, however, information from the environment is weakly accepted situationally, and is subdued since it opposes the base function's approach. Although it cannot truly grow in strength, where it does grow is within the individual's subjective understanding of that aspect of reality.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, SLE use Ti as a contact function. He is not using Ni. Socionics has Ni as "intuition of time" but it is much more than that. Even though he is talking about evolution and human nature he is just repeating things he has learned and accepted as truth. He is not using imagination or intuition of time. He is using Ti backed by Te to further his argument. His base function is underlying it all. I have seen Ti confused for Ni a lot on this forum.
    I still don't know how he's not using an Ni perspective. Searching through time and seeing some single stream of some foundational pattern that has existed transcendent of time. He may be arguing through Te/Ti/Se, but what he is arguing is an Ni perspective at large. Which is some singular reductive evolutionary theme existing in humans throughout time. How is that not an Ni perspective? I think it is.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miss BabyDoll View Post
    Katherina (Kate) Minola (EIE) – the "shrew" of the title and Petruchio (LSI), protagonists of the Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew.

Katherina - charming, verbose, intelligent, hot-tempered, and shrewish. Katherina's a girl who's just as capable of giving what she gets: just as the men around her objectify her, she insults and degrades them. However, her wit and anger scare both suitors and society, leading them to try to “fix” her. But while Katherina may be fundamentally unhappy, she’s unwilling to compromise her personality for the sake of others. Yet her angry, often violent, methods of expressing her frustrations do little to change anyone's mind.

Petruchio - selfish and cunning, but completely honest about it. Petruchio is materialistic, snobbish, collected and domineering.

central theme of the comedy is psychological interplay between Kate and Petruchio, more specifically, subordination and "educational therapy" often adopted by "declatim" LSI in the process of dualization with an EIE. The motif of such domestication is broadcasted in the play’s title by the word “taming.” A great part of the action consists of Petruchio’s attempts to cure Katherine of her antisocial hostility. Katherine is thus frequently referred to as a wild animal that must be domesticated. Petruchio considers himself, and the other men consider him, to be a tamer who must train his wife, and most of the men secretly suspect at first that her wild nature will prove too much for him. After the wedding, Petruchio and Katherine’s relationship becomes increasingly defined by the rhetoric of domestication. Petruchio speaks of training her like a “falcon” and plans to “kill a wife with kindness.” Hortensio even conceives of Petruchio’s house as a place where other men may learn how to domesticate women, calling it a “taming-school. the play portrays dispensation of the "dark energy" frequently present in characters of the EIE sociotype.
    "Not waiting for permission from the outside, Hamlet allows himself to "take his emotions for a walk", as dogs who have been sitting on a chain far too long, and releases them on whoever happened to be at hand. For this he provokes a scandal, using any opportunity to "pose the question or issue point-blank". And it's not that there are many "questions" and "issues", but that there is a lot of "dark energy" ("condensed emotions") that have accumulated, which are necessary to express somehow, to spill out somewhere, to discharge, because "burning them through" by oneself is all very difficult. It's not pleasant to see how unrealized emotions – their value, unrealized strength, hope, energy, and aspirations – burn pointlessly, as "dry foliage". Thus the EIE "lights up" as if on gunpowder whenever he is not allowed (for whichever reasons) to successfully and creatively to realize his emotional and energy potential."

to close the psychological distance and to break the vicious condensation of this destructive energy, a static declatim LSI, applies the rigorous "carrot and stick" method, the aforementioned educational "therapy" with much success rendering her balanced and transformed at the end of the play. Katherina is still powerful and sharp but grounded and relieved of negative emotions at the end of the play, left in a state out of which, a true "mentor" can emerge to surface.

shrew 2.jpgshrew.jpg
    So much this.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I still don't know how he's not using an Ni perspective. Searching through time and seeing some single stream of some foundational pattern that has existed transcendent of time. He may be arguing through Te/Ti/Se, but what he is arguing is an Ni perspective at large. Which is some singular reductive evolutionary theme existing in humans throughout time. How is that not an Ni perspective? I think it is.
    How is a single reductive evolutionary theme throughout time the Ni perspective? Theoretically speaking Ni would be able to see how things change over time and there will be new theories on evolutionary behavior. The whole conversation between them is ridiculous to me btw. It is cringe-worthy. Joe pretty much stands his ground since he most likely sees himself as an alpha male. The other guy is arguing that alpha/beta males do not exist in humans and it is pretty obvious he knows he would not be considered an alpha male by anyone anyway. His guest never really got to the point of anything he was saying because he was defending himself.

Introverted intuition is an introverted, irrational, and dynamic information element. It is also called Ni, T, temporal intuition, or white intuition. Ni is generally associated with the ability to recognize the unfolding of processes over time (how one event leads to another), have visions of the past and future, develop mental imagery, and see intangible hints of relationships between processes or objects. Types that value Ni always like to have in mind a specific plan for how their life will develop in the future. Thus they have little time for the concept of "living for the moment" or "making the best of the present". They generally engage in pure leisure activities only for short periods of time, and even then their leisure activities generally involve a psychologically demanding or competitive aspect.

Ni as Leading Function

As a base function, Ni generally manifests itself through a lack of direct attention to the world around oneself, and a sense of detachment or freedom from worldly affairs. This can lead to a highly developed imagination and very unique mental world, but it can also result in a great deal of laziness and apparent inactivity. Because the individual gets his or her primary information about the world through imagination, a person with leading Ni may be able to thrive in situations where data are scarce, or where he or she lacks the usual prerequisite experience. However, this may also become a disadvantage if the person ignores real data about the world too much. The ability to transcend the axis of time and understand the cause and effect relationships that occur is also a feature, sometimes resulting in the ability to accurately predict general future trends and outcomes of certain events.
    Ni as Suggestive Function

The individual is attracted to people who are confident in their ability to evaluate where present trends are leading and to choose the opportune moment to initiate action, or to refrain from it. The individual is impulsive but at the same time desiring of not going too far in his impulsiveness and unsure of his own ability in this area, so people who are confident on how far to go and when to stop are admired and their company is desired. The individual also longs for a sense of greater meaning in his life beyond the immediately physical and enjoys the company of people who can show him the light in that area.

YWIMW