Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what's my type?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    335 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop quibbling. Past typing errors or uncertainty are hardly relevant.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    Quote Originally Posted by GillySaysGoodbye
    Not true. I've been rather sure of my type for a long time; I have occasional doubts or waverings, but I've stuck with the same type since the beginning. You, on the other hand, have experimented with everything from EIE to SLI

you haven't? what about the several times you were absolutely convinced that you were ENFj/INFp? ahh, wait, ENFp, too, right?
    For how long, a week? You've never stayed with one type for more than a day, Maria.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not true. I've been rather sure of my type for a long time; I have occasional doubts or waverings, but I've stuck with the same type since the beginning. You, on the other hand, have experimented with everything from EIE to SLI

you haven't? what about the several times you were absolutely convinced that you were ENFj/INFp? ahh, wait, ENFp, too, right?
    For how long, a week? You've never stayed with one type for more than a day, Maria.
    now you're just blatantly exaggerating.

i'm still not entirely sure where you all see the dominance. in my experiences, dominants are a lot more confident in their appearance and their internal sensations. i can usually block this out pretty well. admittedly, i'm also not exactly incredibly confident in my appearance/agility etc like dominants seem to be (this isn't saying i'm attempting to be a gigantic slob either.) i find dominants to have rather unreasonable requirements sometimes (like i recall some INTj descriptions where they say their partners have to be more attractive, more talented, more beautiful, more whatever.)

more later.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i find dominants to have rather unreasonable requirements sometimes (like i recall some INTj descriptions where they say their partners have to be more attractive, more talented, more beautiful, more whatever.)
    This is very true. But I don't think extraverted dominants have such ridiculous requirements.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, I have discussed implied's family with her, and ENTj for her father and ESFj for her mother seems a very good bet to me. From what she says and values, especially when not talking about her type, I get a clear quadra vibe, and probably more Gamma than Delta. I'd be very surprised if she were any kind of Alpha.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    FWIW, I have discussed implied's family with her, and ENTj for her father and ESFj for her mother seems a very good bet to me. From what she says and values, especially when not talking about her type, I get a clear quadra vibe, and probably more Gamma than Delta. I'd be very surprised if she were any kind of Alpha.
    yeah, same here. another thing which may be worth noting: my mom does show rather well agreed-upon signs of being ESFj . i was reading through some of the socionics.com descriptions with her just to see what she'd think of the ESFj description because i quite honestly think it fits her so well. at first, she thought perhaps ISFp was a better fit, but when we came across ESFj, she identified with it quite immediately and quite strongly ("that's me, isn't it!!!??") the description she thought fit me and my father best was ENTj (i'm not actually so bothered by this, even if i'm arguing for INTp -- i can definitely see the similarities between my father and me.) it seems to me that a great deal of the focus in that description is the very weak polr of the ENTj--it isn't impossible, but i don't think she'd mistake one of my superego functions as one of my stronger functions. she also knows quite well that i really fucking hate being evaluated on my appearance and such.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12