Thread: ENFps feeling klutzy, unaware of physical surroundings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ENFps feeling klutzy, unaware of physical surroundings

I've always been wondering if this might be type related, and after reading a bit more indepth into the sensing functions, I wanted to ask other ENFps and other people of other types for their observations. I mgiht be an extreme case, but I can be really klutzy. I tend to be rather unaware of my physical surroundings and bump into a lot of stuff in particular, and frequently misjudge any sort of distance or spatial observations. I think at times it's because I'm lost in my thoughts, but I generally tend to bump into things and wondered if anyone else has noticed this about ENFps or other types.
    ENFp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmmm I think I used to be clumsy when I was a kid but in part is was for fun because then I could get people to laugh. I would pretend to get confused, bump in to things, be apsent minded (more than I really am) just to keep myself and others amuzed. One day I decided enough was enough and I stopped. I am usually quite aware of my surroundings but not profoundly so. Enough not to trip, walk into things or hurt myself. I do get performance anxiety when playing some sports and that messes me up but if music is playing it puts me in the zone and I can play much better.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am extraordinarily clumsy. I think I lack an ability to judge depth or something.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can be very clumsy.
    I remember once, I was walking home with a friend, and I was deep in thoughts. Many things going through my head, and I walked into a lamp post. My friend almost died laughing. Grr.

That doesn't always happen. I can be pretty aware of what's going on around me.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mea
    I can be very clumsy.
    I remember once, I was walking home with a friend, and I was deep in thoughts. Many things going through my head, and I walked into a lamp post. My friend almost died laughing. Grr.

That doesn't always happen. I can be pretty aware of what's going on around me.
    LOL I've done that. My daughter does it too. We just wander around kind of following my husband but not really paying attention to anything and we walk right into something.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol sheesh! my only problem is walking past someone and deciding which side their going for no
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the most part this isn't a problem for me, except if I'm tired. Then I tend to run into doorways and walls (usually when I'm talking to someone behind me and not looking where I'm going).

I was saying goodbye to some people at work once who were behind me as I was walking forward. Because my head was turned behind me as I was walking forward, I didn't notice I was about to walk right into an office plant. So I'm saying "oh have a nice weekend and blah blah" and then someone is like "look out!" and the next thing I know, I'm surrounded by these big green leaves. It was really embarassing. I had to like take a step back to get out of the plant (They really shouldn't keep such a big office tree thing right by the door, for people like me
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's weak Si. I'd say that the majority of ENxxs I know have worse-than-average fine motor skills (including myself), although I would say that gross motor skills and (especially) depth perception would be sensation in general (ie a combination of the two).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread makes me laugh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hah yeah i feel like i have an awful sense of space which is odd because i'm a pretty good artist.. i don't bump into thing per say but i have the feeling i'm going to be a horrible driver when i start because i'll be sitting in the car with friends thinking we should go when it would be way too dangerous to, and then thinking we're going to get into some type of accident when they make a good judgment and go

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its cute when the enfp accidently drops stuff...
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used to, but no longer. I try to keep my attention in the outside world when I'm on the street. It really only takes stop watching the floor and raise the head.

The posture is also well liked by girls
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I may know such an ENFp... she once walked into a door-jamb post while she was explaining something to me and didn't even really 'notice'.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sr8h_7ONK24[/youtube]
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't get people who make horrendous mistakes like that all the time, they tend to annoy me and I have the impression that they are not trying hard enough to not bump into things up.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason, not opening doors into my face is a constant challenge. And somehow it's usually the inside "width" of the door and my facing the wrong direction to exit the door.

I have pretty good fine motor skills, but poor gross motor skills. I think that being a clutz is generally associated with the latter.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To all ENFps: do you weak gross or/and fine motor skills affect your ability to play sports well or even cause embarassment during gym classes?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, I was always pretty good at sports. I think wanting to not let the team down really helped. I have no one to let down if I run into a door.

It's not that we're idiots, it's just that we're really focused on other important things. Or sleep-deprived. But come on ENFPs, we all know that when an ENFP focuses on doing something well, we do it so well that we annoy everyone in the room. So I'm sure with practice, we can walk through doors and not into them. This is more a pep talk for myself. end rant.

Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    To all ENFps: do you weak gross or/and fine motor skills affect your ability to play sports well or even cause embarassment during gym classes?
    No. In fact, I've always been quite skilled at using my body. When I was a child I could do a whole turn in the air without hands, both forward and backwards.

I can't now because:

1.- One doesn't have the same flexibility as a child than as an adult.
    2.- I'm tall and the relationship`between body length and muscle suffers from that.
    3.- Got interested in intellectual stuff and that's pretty much what I do all day.
    4.- I'm too self conscious.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

x
    Last edited by HitmanISTP; 07-25-2008 at 12:43 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    No. In fact, I've always been quite skilled at using my body. When I was a child I could do a whole turn in the air without hands, both forward and backwards.

I can't now because:

1.- One doesn't have the same flexibility as a child than as an adult.
    2.- I'm tall and the relationship`between body length and muscle suffers from that.
    3.- Got interested in intellectual stuff and that's pretty much what I do all day.
    4.- I'm too self conscious.
    Yeah my motor skills aren't terrible. I also think its said somewhere ENFp's make one of the best gymnasts as we are really flexible. That would make sense from mikes story. Also i used to do martial arts and i had easily one of the hugest repertoire of kicks. Spinning roundhouses, i could side kick over about 6 bags piled on top of one another.

ENFP looks for bathroom and wonders all over the restaurant. In the process ENFP bumps into chairs, people, and starts blaming poor restaurant design.
    Sounds familiar, i am so un-observant and i constantly look lost in restaurants etc
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say my motor functions are off at all, I don't think it has to do with being an ENFp but I can be dexteritous and flexible. But there's something about stationary objects I don't really notice whenever I'm in a rush.
    ENFp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone .

Yeah my motor skills aren't terrible. I also think its said somewhere ENFp's make one of the best gymnasts as we are really flexible. That would make sense from mikes story. Also i used to do martial arts and i had easily one of the hugest repertoire of kicks. Spinning roundhouses, i could side kick over about 6 bags piled on top of one another.

ENFP looks for bathroom and wonders all over the restaurant. In the process ENFP bumps into chairs, people, and starts blaming poor restaurant design.

Sounds familiar, i am so un-observant and i constantly look lost in restaurants etc
    I'm still suprised that my behaviour can be called 'typical'. I'm really happy that I know socionics.

English is only my foreign language. If you find mistakes in my posts, just pm as quickly as you can. I'm afraid that my posts won't be understandable .
    ENFp. 7w6.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome Amphilia. Im sure your English is fine
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Creepy-bg

yeah I understood it better than some of the posts by our native English speakers you're fine Amphilia (and welcome to our forum )

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    yeah I understood it better than some of the posts by our native English speakers you're fine Amphilia (and welcome to our forum )
    True thats why i thought the person went yellow. har har. But definately teh yer thats right. Watermellon... where?
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    True thats why i thought the person went yellow. har har. But definately teh yer thats right. Watermellon... where?
    fer sure... you don't wanna touch those red ones (nless you got a right copyright )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks .

I've learnt English for a few years and I understand nearly all your posts (or I just think I understand ), but I use complicated constructions uneasily (talking to native speakers). In my native I use many metaphors etc. and It's harder to write what I really think.
    I'll watch your posts and learn how to use it correctly. I don't want to 'hurt your eyes' :wink: .
    ENFp. 7w6.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amphilia
    Thanks
    Im curious where are you from? I googled your name as ive never heard of it before but just came up with some ancient philosopher.
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

Creepy-bg

Thanks .

I've learnt English for a few years and I understand nearly all your posts (or I just think I understand ), but I use complicated constructions uneasily (talking to native speakers). In my native I use many metaphors etc. and It's harder to write what I really think.
    I'll watch your posts and learn how to use it correctly. I don't want to 'hurt your eyes' :wink: .
    trying to learn English from me would be huge mistake (unless you want to sound like you smoke alot of marijuana )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meatburger
    Thanks
    Im curious where are you from? I googled your name as ive never heard of it before but just came up with some ancient philosopher.
    I often (but not always) use -philia in my nicknames. Ussually it is 'Cocophilia' - coco(a) + philia (not Coco). I've never used this nickname before. I had an idea ... and here it is - 'Amphilia'.
    I'm from Poland, Eastern Europe. Socionics is new in our country, but we are going to change it. Translators work .

Thanks .

trying to learn English from me would be huge mistake (unless you want to sound like you smoke alot of marijuana )
    Trying to learn it from me would be worse, haha . Learning common language will also be good ... I think I already sound like I smoke a lot of marijuana and if i learn English from you, I will sound like a proffessional English smoker of marijuana .. so it's not a problem, really .
    ENFp. 7w6.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks .

Trying to learn it from me would be worse, haha . Learning common language will also be good ... I think I already sound like I smoke a lot of marijuana and if i learn English from you, I will sound like a proffessional English smoker of marijuana .. so it's not a problem, really .

Anyway, Welcome philia. :wink:
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, this made me laugh like I've been smokin marijuana.