Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which types are least talented dancers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dance like a flailing maniac who's probably high on Coke. Actually, I don't really dance.

Creepy-bg

I'm not trying to scam on my dual here but I honestly think Elaine's dancing is pretty funny and cute... especially since she's so into it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is how the perfect human dances.
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=KBbIFwfFlW4[/youtube]
    ENTp

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Talking Heads - Once in a Lifetime - I think NTs have quite a puntuated, exagerrated dance movement, like when they are walking - they have quite robotic + angular movements. So NTs might be best at doing dances (is it a proper dance? )like the robot:

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=EYbUCvz1LYE[/youtube]

Just for the hell of it really :
    [youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=KHaJO9HEp48[/youtube]

not fully certain of my sociotype
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LII & EII maybe

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m not great but I 100% have my moments My gay LSE and IEE buddies give me encouragement.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't follow a pattern or a set of moves adequately, but freestyle I guess I can somewhat dance.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never in all my years on this earth danced. I'm not a spontaneous person, so to dance I would need a set of precise instructions. But even that wouldn't do the trick. As I demonstrated pretty well when I tried to exercise to a video while I was in the hospital, I simply cannot move the way I'm instructed to move. When I try, I end up moving at random and in a most ungraceful fashion. Add to that the fact that I find nothing appealing about the prospect of dancing, and the result is obvious.

As for types that would tend to be bad at dancing, it seems obvious to me that they would be Static and have weak sensing.

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on the dance. I've danced with a lot of types.

If you're talking social dancing (leading/follwoing) then probably SEI is the worst. But SEI can learn if they are patient. But if not they will not be so good. I am a decent dancer but only because I've been practicing forever.

ILIs can definitly be good dancers. I recently danced with one. Ni is important. They also enjoy the Se aspect of it.

Some LIIs are really clumsy and not interested. But they can be really good if they put their mind to it.

The standard good dancer is EIE, although I've danced with one who wasn't that great. But they often understand movement. Many dance teachers have this type. LIE can also be good.

IEI can also be good.

Some SLE are too physical / violent. But probably because they are unexperienced. They can learn. I know of one SLE dance teacher. They can have a very pronounced physicality how they lead / dance.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forgot ESE, who is probably the best dancer.

The thing about dancing is that you have to be comfortable in your body, have minimum dexterity, and be able to coordinate your movements, either solo or with a partner. Sounds very +Si. I'd say ILE and ESI are also potential good dancers.
    Last edited by lavos; 09-20-2022 at 01:00 AM.

TIM
    ESI-H 936 Sp
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm stiff/barely move. I'd have to be high off my mind to start jumping around or bring my arms over my head

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of them
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was good at soccer, if that counts, as a wide mid or winger.

The trance of summer pouncing and red robin dragon ghost armor shooting for aspirations and connective thunder booster packs aims a chromatic vending machine.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    You forgot ESE, who is probably the best dancer.

The thing about dancing is that you have to be comfortable in your body, have minimum dexterity, and be able to coordinate your movements, either solo or with a partner. Sounds very +Si. I'd say ILE and ESI are also potential good dancers.
    I think you are overemphasizing the importance of Si. It can have some role but Ni is more important. Everything you do has to be connected to the flow of time.

The problem with Si is that it is not connected to time. I use Si when I dance by trying to do gentle, soft movements, and minimum force towards the lady (Se ignoring is also present here). But for that to even work I have to practice a lot of other things so that I can keep everything together. I also think Se people are more comfortable in their bodies.

But it depends on the style etc. EIEs can be advanced, but in my opinion they are TOO advanced. I want to take it more relaxed. But I have problems with time flow and remembering movements.

ESE can be good dancers. But I don't know if they are the best. I'll still put my bet on EIE. Michael Jackson (EIE) is one example of a great dancer. I know EIEs can be really critical about dancing. Like, everything has to be perfect.

But yeah, you can dance in many ways, and with different functions. It's very complicated.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I was thinking of Michael Jackson too. If he was EIE I guess that's the best type for a dancer. Ni sub probably (EIE-Fe's tend to be a bit too forceful). Like you are inferring, perhaps the type of dance is linked to a particular set of functions. ESE's dance tango and salsa like crazy, but perhaps they can't moonwalk or do hip hop moves.

TIM
    ESI-Fi 146w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

intuitive rationals. emotivists probably worse than constructivists. my eie-ni maternal grandfather totally couldn't dance well... seeing an eie-ni try to dance is just infuriating, and even more so because they think they're so good at it.

i know of this lsi-se who is a decent, maybe great dancer and he thinks he is the best at everything... or if he doesn't, then he tries to get everyone to believe that he is.

michael jackson's dancing ability is one reason i think michael jackson was iei rather than eie-ni.
    I'm sorry, but I'm psychologically disturbed.

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EII can surprinsingly be a pretty good dancer. They have an style that is sort of agile with sharp movements. LIE is also similar when dancing IME (has to do with them sharing +Si/-Se PoLR--which has to do with the body). They seem stiff but have certain mobility.

Take this as example (EII-Fi):

LIE-Ni

I would have mentioned these two as the worst probable dancers, but as you can see, they can move too. So from other comments, I guess it's a NTR thing.
    Last edited by lavos; 09-20-2022 at 08:02 PM.

Professional IEI Identifier on a peaceful hiatus's Avatar
    TIM
    LII-C
    Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't dance and don't care about it. Graceful movements are not my thing. Focusing on something as concrete as my body movement is simply not what I do. Jamiroquai is IEI
    my ideas about socionics:

https://soziotypen.de/thoughts-on-socionics/

the section will be updated ever other month or so.

this is a VI thread with IEI examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...-(IEI-edition)

and this is a thread with EIE examples

https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...s-EIE-examples

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alive View Post
    Jamiroquai is IEI
    Nope.

TIM
    EII-Fi
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could see ESEs as they really know how to vibe with the mood and are often in the moment. I don't think EIEs are far off either. Really, the least talented would be one of the IN types, more so XIIs.

TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post

michael jackson's dancing ability is one reason i think michael jackson was iei rather than eie-ni.
    I don't understand why you would make that conclusion, based on some theoretical assumtions that might be wrong.

I've had dancing as a hobby for many years. (I'm not that good, but the experience has made me decent, it's a way to meet women etc.) And I can tell you that EIE is definitely a type that stands out as a good dancer. IEIs can learn how to dance, and they can be good, but they are too irrational, too much go-with-the-flow. EIE on the other hand has Ni creative and can adapt to and control movements. IEI is too much go-with-the-flow compared to that. When I watch MJ dancing it's obvious to me that he is rational. (he is Harmonzing though)

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More like a "Which types have 1D Se." callout.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12