Thread: Four Seasons: Four Quadras

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Four Seasons: Four Quadras

Okay, so:

Four Seasons: Four Quadras

Which Quadra is which season? Alpha's taken autumn already. (Which is actually my favorite season, but they have a really pessimistic outlook on it, which they can keep!)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why do you say Alpha has autumn? Not that I mind, I love fall.

But if Alpha is child-like, then wouldn't it be spring, with Beta having summer, Gamma having fall, and Delta getting winter?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta gets winter! Delta must get winter! I hereby snatch it forcibly, guard it in a castle filled with traps mundane and magical and thereafter file an application to the Comitee of Season Assignment.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont want summer.... the suns cruel.

I like Fall. I LOVE fall.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well fall officialy starts at 6:23 PM EST tonight!
    That's funny... I could tell it was approaching today. I smelled the fall smells, and it rained, and the sun wasn't beaming.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut

It's bright and sunny today where I live. Not a cloud in the sky! It's still really hot, but it's supposed to get colder starting on saturday.
    Yep, same here. The sun beams down without mercy. God, I've really come to hate that shiny object in the sky. Make it stop! MAKE IT STOP!!!

As you can see, I'm not fond of summertime.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

::Sniff::

Smells like new age bull.

And for the record, the seasons rank as thus:

Spring=Fall> Summer>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Winter
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

Winter is much better than summer. You can't escape from heat even being naked, but coldness can be relieved by wearing more.
    And my birthday is in December. I'm looking foward to winter!

Snowballs for Betas. Enjoy coldness!-->

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"You can't escape from heat even being naked, but coldness can be relieved by wearing more. "

No, no it can't. Not here in the north.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    No, no it can't. Not here in the north.
    More thickly! Otherwise, nobody could reach to the south pole with dogsleds.

Well, those are mostly in midsummer there, though...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It can.

Ok, now I'm going to freak somebody out:
    I relate very strongly to the winter nights. They kinda reflect my personal traits: Silent, peaceful, deadly if you don't take care, may seem cold but if you just relinquish to it you'll feel the heat, dark, obscure, impossible to know what's around the next corner yet ordered, drives many away but attracts a few...
    Yes, I can relate to a winter's night, and that is why I want to secure the Delta Quadra winter.

Ok, now you can come out from under that table. The scary man has stopped talking about his weird mind.

Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter NIGHTS when one is in one's HOUSE rocks; winter MORNINGS where one has to walk four blocks to catch the bus sucks ASS.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord
    It can.

I relate very strongly to the winter nights. They kinda reflect my personal traits: Silent, peaceful, deadly if you don't take care, may seem cold but if you just relinquish to it you'll feel the heat, dark, obscure, impossible to know what's around the next corner yet ordered, drives many away but attracts a few...
    Yes, I can relate to a winter's night, and that is why I want to secure the Delta Quadra winter.
    *sniff* That was beautiful!

Winter NIGHTS when one is in one's HOUSE rocks; winter MORNINGS where one has to walk four blocks to catch the bus sucks ASS.
    All mornings suck.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All mornings suck.
    AGREED!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's not winter. That's sadism.
    Yes, although my j has a slight preference over my p, I still can't stand getting up early.

Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"All mornings suck."

Some suck more than others.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    It can.

Indeed. You can have the winter. Just give me the fall. I find fall nights to have something absolutely mystical about them. There's something foreboding about how it's so warm yet the wind is howling. You can feel the chaos in the air, and it is ultimately in chaos when I truly shine. Fall is about the wars and the fighting, about action in the midst of chaos, and the foreshadowing of the ultimate destruction, winter. Fall is the struggle before death.

And not only that, fall is the most beautiful season of them all. I could cry at the sight of an autumn landscape.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"All mornings suck."

Some suck more than others.
    Wait until college, MysticSonic, when you can wake up ten minutes before your first class. Mornings still suck, but at least this makes them bearable.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Indeed. You can have the winter. Just give me the fall. I find fall nights to have something absolutely mystical about them. There's something foreboding about how it's so warm yet the wind is howling. You can feel the chaos in the air, and it is ultimately in chaos when I truly shine. Fall is about the wars and the fighting, about action in the midst of chaos, and the foreshadowing of the ultimate destruction, winter. Fall is the struggle before death."

Ni hogwash!

What I do find interesting though is the correlation of another individual's metephorical perception of the seasons to the values of each quadra.

"Spring came with awakening, came with innocense and joy
    Spring came with fascination and desire to deploy
    Summer came with restlessness and curiousity
    Summer came with longing for the things we could not be

Autumn came with knowledge, came with ego came with pride
    Autumn came with shamefulness for the things we could not hide
    Winter came with anger and a bitter taste of fate
    Winter came with fear for the things we could not escape"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ni hogwash!
    Is this another anti-INTp sentiment?

-or what I mean is-

Are you being serious?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I was just attempting to make humor by pointing out the obvious fantastic and surreal nature of your view on the matter. It just happens that I agree with your assement.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, ok, that's cool.

And for future reference: to insure that people will know that your comment is meant to be a joke, don't forget to add a nice little :wink: at the end. Works every time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It looks like pretty much everyone wants autumn... there's only one way to solve this problem: Forget I ever started this thread!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    I agree. Delta is winter-time.

It is everything old, rusty but stately. Big, gray castles with unending flights of spiral stone stairways, dungeons, chains (BDSM anyone Hey, just kidding), wide expanses of spaces. A sense of aloneness. Coldness. Oneness with the nature.
    WHAT?
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the whole quadra spirit things is vague and can't be relied upon to determine which person belongs to which quadra.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I know I don't have a sense of aloneless or coldness. Maybe it's just you or INFPs.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love all the seasons . . . except spring. In the area of the country where I live, spring is yucky dirty melting snow, rain, cold, wind, and absolutely nothing to do outside. Late spring isn't bad, but really until May, spring sux in Western NY.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Indeed. You can have the winter. Just give me the fall. I find fall nights to have something absolutely mystical about them. There's something foreboding about how it's so warm yet the wind is howling. You can feel the chaos in the air, and it is ultimately in chaos when I truly shine. Fall is about the wars and the fighting, about action in the midst of chaos, and the foreshadowing of the ultimate destruction, winter. Fall is the struggle before death.

And not only that, fall is the most beautiful season of them all. I could cry at the sight of an autumn landscape.
    Ahhh. How beautiful. You are so expressive, Cone. I have always loved winter and the cold, but after reading this . . .
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    It can.

I never knew you were so.... emotional Cone. I laughted my ass off when I read that. INTp's don't cry!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child
    I'll have any season...as long as it's not winter!! I abhor winter! I like summer because it's the polar opposite of winter, but I'd pick spring because spring is the end of winter. When spring comes along where things start to warm up to an absolutely perfect temperature(in the 60s, 70s, and 80s here) and there's this gorgeous breeze that doesn't make your freezing, but keeps you cool enough. Yeah, I love spring more than any other season.
    A defective INFP?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    Quote Originally Posted by Hostage_Child
    I'll have any season...as long as it's not winter!! I abhor winter! I like summer because it's the polar opposite of winter, but I'd pick spring because spring is the end of winter. When spring comes along where things start to warm up to an absolutely perfect temperature(in the 60s, 70s, and 80s here) and there's this gorgeous breeze that doesn't make your freezing, but keeps you cool enough. Yeah, I love spring more than any other season.
    A defective INFP?
    I should think. Winter rocks! Especially snow. Aahhh... fond memories of sledding down a hill as a kid... then ramming into a pointy pine tree...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter rocks! Especially snow. Aahhh... fond memories of sledding down a hill as a kid... then ramming into a pointy pine tree...
    LOL! That's too funny. We rode sleds all winter and went down some very steep hills that to think about now makes my stomach ill. Tobboganed on ski slops even. We were nuts. Oh, and ice skated every free moment. Lots of ponds in our area. Beautiful snowy winters. Not the bitter cold, icy, sleety shit we get now.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, I live in a region that truly has 4 seasons, and have lived here all my life. In my lifetime, the record low in my area is probably -30 F and the record high is probably 112 F. Our air is very damp compared to a lot of places, so the cold and how cling to you and feel much worse than they ought to. Most often all you see is gray piles of snow wear the rest has melted. The trees look dead and people are cranky.

Winter: SUCKS FOR PEOPLE OF A HEALTHY WEIGHT!!! I never realized how cold it gets here until I dropped 30 lbs, bringing me into my ideal weight range. Therefore there are a lot of overweight people around here. People also drink a lot. The thing that sucks the most is getting up in the morning when the floor is cold, you can't tear yourself from your hot shower until you run out of hot water, your nose hairs freeze as you're scraping your car windows, everyone drives too slow, and all of the salt they put on the roads wear them out a lot faster, meaning that when there's not snow, there's road construction!!! Yeah... the only redeeming quality of winter is the beauty of the snow as it falls...

Spring: This is the soggy season. People wear shorts when it hits 60 F because it's the best weather they've had in months. Most of the people that live here are beginning to find their Seasonal Affective Disorder depression lifting as the days finally get longer. The insects start to appear towards the end of spring, as well as our state bird, the mosquito.

Summer: Drunkfest. Traffic sucks more than ever because now we not only have to deal with contrustion detours and lane closures, but also overcrowded roads due to festivals and baseball games. The humidity gets to me much more than the heat. Storms are fun, but I have a phobia of tornados, which makes them a bit stressful at times as well. But I LOVE summertime storms! I even like just rain.

Autumn: Hmmmmmm, the only bad thing I can say about autumn is that it is followed by winter. I love Autumn. The air is crisp smelling and tasting, the landscape is gorgeous, the air is just cool enough, and the days have not yet gotten to the point where it's dark when you get up in the morning and dark again before you eat dinner. If I ever have another child and it's a girl and she's born anytime in the fall, her name WILL be Autumn...

LOL, I don't sound quite as sunshiney as I usually do when I talk about the seasons. Oh, and speaking of the sun... Does anyone else find it sadly ironic that our source of life literally cooks us when we spend too long outdoors? I am one of the palest, if not the palest person I know, and I'm proud of it. When I see people who have tanned, I just think, "You know you're allowing yourself to be poisoned, dumbass? What's attractive about something so unhealthy?" LOL, I should talk, what with my drinking every so often. When I drink a lot the nest day I always think, "Uhhhhhhggggggg.... I feel like I drank poison. Oh wait, I did..."
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure glad I don't live where you do, Joy!

We have four distinct seasons. They only one I don't like is Spring. Too cold and wet and it seems like summer will never come.

No one mentioned the food in Autumn. I can't wait every year for corn-on-the-cob, squash, tomatoes and green beans and peas eaten right out of the garden.

*gets in time machine and backs up a month . . . pass the salt*

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, whenever people tell me they moved here from another state, I always say, "Why?!"
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta gets winter! Delta must get winter! I hereby snatch it forcibly, guard it in a castle filled with traps mundane and magical and thereafter file an application to the Comitee of Season Assignment.
    I know Im all on the late freight but I have to comment on how funny this line is too me. You are very interesting Darklord. I dont know what it is but there is something so fancifully sinister and comical about your style. Please dont be offended. Ive read some of your post over and I cant help but chuckle gleefully. Can you tell me more about yourself? Be as dramatic as you like.
    All this talk about seasons reminds me of the seasonal color analysis fad that was popular in the 80s. Many colorist claimed that the season a person was had something to do with their personality. For example Spring types were boyant and joyful and optimistic, Winter -melancholic and creative and analytical, Summer-reserved, gentle, detailed oriented, and Autumns decisive, confident, and stubborn. I found this very intruguing because it presented a new way to look at people. These claims were based off the experience of several colorist one whom Ive met personaly. She had examine several thousands of people and noticed common traits in those of the same season. She was right on target with me even though she had only met me for a few minutes. Dont get me wrong, I dont for a moment think that it is fool proof or scientific, but ENFPs dont always need hard facts to at least consider different ideas. Even if in the end we discard them, we might hold on some aspect to combine with other things we might discover. Kinda like ENTPs do, lateral combinatory uh.. thinking
    When I learned of the quadras and socionics my mind quickly summoned up this material because there is a similarity in the way it was presented. I wanted to see if people of certain types had anything in common with their personal coloring. I saw no correlation to type but what I did notice was that the behavior of two people of the same type seemed to be different depending on their coloring. For example I know two istps. One has warm spring coloring and the other dark cool winter coloring. The spring istp is more outgoing, talkative and boisterous than the other who is very melancholic, plays the guitar and writes his own music. They both are definitely istp but I cant but wonder if this is a factor. This is just one example of many that I have seen.
    Maybe this should have been in the Crazy Ass Theories thread. hmm oh well

Topaz

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Topaz: Blast from the past, I remember that color theory - Color Me Beautiful or something. It's gone by the wayside, but aspects of this have remained quite influential in style circles: you are either a "warm" or a "cool". These are the last vestiges of color theory.

Myself: my "coloring" is summer. But I guess my type-season is spring.

Does anybody else know their "season"?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's Color Me Beautiful!

I've Winter coloring. Not very sure what my type-season is though.
    So then your personality is winter. Very few people are a pure season though. The woman I met is Bernice Kenter. She is the colorist and claims to have published before Color Me Beautiful (ew for some reason I hate that name)
    Anywho, she says people are predomanantly one season but are affected by a secondary and maybe even a third recesive season. This shows up in their personality and appearance. Even the pattern of your eyes are affected. She put a magnifying glass up to my eyes and could see the pattern of spring squewed towards winter as a recesive secondary. I was thinking this is Balderdash! Then she draped me in the colors and What do ya know..I was a spring. I still wear what ever I feel like but I have to say I mostly feel like wearing the colors she gave me cause they work. Dont get me wrong. I dont run around is florals. Mostly neutrals punctuated by a color or two. Being a guy I almost never talk about this experience cause its uh ... I dont know .. gay. But since you folks seem open minded and its really an innocent subject I thought Id share it.

Topaz

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    Yeah, it's Color Me Beautiful!

I've Winter coloring. Not very sure what my type-season is though.
    So then your personality is winter. Very few people are a pure season though. The woman I met is Bernice Kenter. She is the colorist and claims to have published before Color Me Beautiful (ew for some reason I hate that name)
    Anywho, she says people are predomanantly one season but are affected by a secondary and maybe even a third recesive season. This shows up in their personality and appearance. Even the pattern of your eyes are affected. She put a magnifying glass up to my eyes and could see the pattern of spring squewed towards winter as a recesive secondary. I was thinking this is Balderdash! Then she draped me in the colors and What do ya know..I was a spring. I still wear what ever I feel like but I have to say I mostly feel like wearing the colors she gave me cause they work. Dont get me wrong. I dont run around is florals. Mostly neutrals punctuated by a color or two. Being a guy I almost never talk about this experience cause its uh ... I dont know .. gay. But since you folks seem open minded and its really an innocent subject I thought Id share it.

Topaz
    My ESTP female friend always wore pastels. Never quite suited her althought she has white, white skin and can basically wear any color makeup. A clerk at a store offering makeovers told her she was a Summer person. Now she radiates with the medium and dark greens, vivid blues, and earthy browns she wears. Accents her dark brown hair and contrasts strickingly with her white skin. Darker makeup gives her a more mature look instead of her usual tennie bopper look that drove her wild. What a difference!

That's somewhat of what you were saying, right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    I know Im all on the late freight but I have to comment on how funny this line is too me. You are very interesting Darklord. I dont know what it is but there is something so fancifully sinister and comical about your style. Please dont be offended. Ive read some of your post over and I cant help but chuckle gleefully. Can you tell me more about yourself? Be as dramatic as you like.
    Offended? You just told me you liked my posting style. What's there to be offended about ?

Let's see... 17 years old, male, Norwegian, fluent in over 2 forms of communication (Norwegian and English) and learning four more (German, Russian, French and Latin). Apparently often mistaken for socionics INFp, which may be due to my near-equal Fi and Fe (With Fi still stronger). Reads fantasy and sci fi literature by the shiploads. Currently an exchange student in the US. Weird ability to sense energy. 180 cm tall, and weighing in between 80 and 85 kgs. Can't help but do well in school, even in the subjects I truly don't bother about. Uses glasses. Caucasian. Green eyes. Nicknamed "E-man" by some. Pimples on my face. Inflamed but mostly grown scrapes on my left palm and right knee. Scars on my left index finger and the inside of my upper lip. Called crazy by some and genius by others, I'm really just an average guy with a rare personality type. Likes cucumbers and Norse mythology and typically writes four times as much as needed for school.

Enough info yet ?

My take on the seasons:

Spring came with thawing and with wetness for my feet.
    Spring came with insects and unstable cold-slash-heat.

Summer came with 'squitos and with overheat and noise.
    Summer came with indoors-guilt and mum's upbraiding voice.

Autumn came with rain and an depressing end to life.
    Autumn came with greyness, school and early morning rise.

Winter came with solitude and silence, cold and peace.
    Winter came with thought and an excuse to use PCs.

Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast