Thread: Unusual ways to assess types

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Unusual ways to assess types

Questionnaires are not yet a reliable thing. Percieving types would show lots of contradictory traits, and Judging types would show an high lie scale, because they tend to percieve reality as what it should be, rather than the raw reality itself. VI isn't reliable either, and observation assessing needs experience. I needed myself several months to be sure I was really a LII (honestly, I'm 92-94% sure of my type). Relative method (i.e. assessing types by first assessing intertype relationships) needs lots of experience and confidence for previous typing.

There can be alternate forms of assessing, such as :

- Colour test : preferences 1-8 would reflect functions 1-8.
    - Photo test : Filatova uses it to discriminate S-N, and E-I. Sensing means detail-oriented, and Intuitive means global-oriented. Extrotim means absolute describing of things, and Introtim means relative describing of things (i.e. by subjective feelings).
    - Shoot-em-up test : play any shoot-em-up video game. An Introtim will normally make less movements than an Extrotim.
    - Phone Number test : give someone a phone number (example : 10 25 20). An Extrotim will normally memorise it as "10 25 20", as an Introtim would rather memorise it as "10 (add 15) (substract 5)".

There could be even others...

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As you can see, there are two opposing approaches to testing:

One is to try to test directly the traits you are trying to identify, with possible strong self-perception biases. The other is to test something that is a consequence of the trait to catch the testee by surprise.

I like the idea of the second one, but you have to be sure to test things that are extremely closely related to type.

Creepy-bg

rectal examination (I'll spare you the details )

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hadn't heard of some described by machintruc.

it may be nice to make a sticky topic about "ways of type recognition" ?

there are lot's of ways. some definately better then others.