Default I finally took rmcnew’s test...

.... and I feel very stupid!

http://socion.info/cgi-bin/beta3test...659013162.html

I made it a poll, for fun.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I finally took rmcnew’s test...

Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    ISTP.. heh. which is probably the wrong conclusion for me to make.
    thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I feel guilty for being the lazy INTp who won't take it because it's "too long". Which means I have to take it now...

Looks like you're INTp, anyway.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(STRONG) = -12
    (WEAK) = 26
    (STRONG) = -6
    (WEAK) = 27

One of those is probably from your super-ego block, which means that you either have one of them as a ROLE function or as a POLR ...

From this, would say that you are more than likely an INTp, INTj, ISTj, ISTp ...

I would say IXTp ...

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    (STRONG) = -12
    (WEAK) = 26
    (STRONG) = -6
    (WEAK) = 27

One of those is probably from your super-ego block, which means that you either have one of them as a ROLE function or as a POLR ...

From this, would say that you are more than likely an INTp, INTj, ISTj, ISTp ...

I would say IXTp ...
    Thank you Reuben, that is what I thought. But ya know it's your test.

Cone, you are so fucking indirect; why don’t you just tell me you think I’m stupid? Christ, I’m not going to reach through your fucking computer screen and hit you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not stupid, I think.

I subscribe to the IxTp theory.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since the first day you got here, the only types I thought you could be were xLI (IxTP), and originally thought NLI. But the more and more ou posted here the more I started thinking "S". Now, after that long test you took, it leans slightley towards SLI. Just decide girl.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You really do seem more like an INTP to me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went ahead and compared Sycophant's results to Rocy's results ...
    theretorically I can only conclude that Sycophant is an INTp under
    heavy influence from her 3rd and 5th functions, which would have
    made her think that she is an ESTp with the exception that she has weak .

On the other hand, rocky was fooled into believing he was his
    semi-dual [ENTp] in result of having a sufficent enough
    along with the influence of his 3rd and 5th functions.

Since her PoLR is probably either or , she can only be an INTp, ISTp, ENTp, or ESTp.

Of course, this is mostly theoretical on my part, but it seems
    to suggest that Sycophant is an INTp with an overactive ROLE
    and Suggestive [dual-seeking] function that caused her to score
    high on sensibility. Much like Rocky scored high on intuition.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rocky's results [ISTp with high ]
    http://socion.info/cgi-bin/beta3test...475084150.html

Sychopant's results [INTp with high ]

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a feeling it will be a while before people comment ... those are some big charts.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cone, you are so fucking indirect; why don’t you just tell me you think I’m stupid? Christ, I’m not going to reach through your fucking computer screen and hit you.
    Look, I wasn't implying anything. You're reading into my behavior way too much.

And with today's technology, I would be kind of worried about a fist jumping out of my computer screen. You've seen the cartoons. :wink:
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're not an INTp, then my entire understanding of INTps is COMPLETELY off.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Oh! Those are quite good rmcnew! I understand now. You are a very nice little pet.

MysticSonic, you seem convinced. I'm never convinced of anything. If Jesus Christ himself fell from the cross and told me I was INTp I would still question it.

Cone, sorry I'm quite paranoid.

Love it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cone, sorry I'm quite paranoid.
    I noticed. :wink:

Oh wait a minute. There's a poll? I just noticed that.

I went over a few things. Fucking insomnia. I actually thought that my role function was a little weak. I’m positive that I am IxTp what I struggle with is intuition and sensing. It simply seems to me that so many aspects of Ni and Ne don’t click. I could be as rmcnew says, but I might as well take a closer look and post my findings here. Below I will compose a list of what aspects of my personality, which involve strong/weak areas in intuition and sensing.

Strong intuition:
    Abstract method of thinking.
    Reflection of the past.
    An ability to predict the outcome of situations.

Weak intuition:
    An inability to seek out patterns
    A need for constant change.
    Risk taking.

Strong sensing:
    I some times become so absorbed in large gatherings by sight/sound/smell that I have to go off to a quite room for a moment.
    A hatred for unattractive people/things.
    Defensive

Weak sensing:
    I like pain.
    I some times ignore my heath by not sleeping, not eating, drug use, unprotected sex!
    Umm.. I was aiming for three. But it’s not going to happen.

There. Odds are none of you can follow my train of thought. It's also very likely that I've made a fool of myself! Well shit I don't really care. Judge me as you like.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"There. Odds are none of you can follow my train of thought"

INTp.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weak intuition:
    A need for constant change.
    Risk taking.
    This actually shows strong Ni.

And you could quite possibly be neurotic, Sycophant. A strong (or rather, obsessive) 3rd function is usually the result of some kind of heavy stress that you can't cope with. Also, you seem to be too protective in terms of judgement. So perhaps you should see a psychologist or something. See what he can do for you.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Strong intuition:
    Abstract method of thinking.
    Reflection of the past.
    An ability to predict the outcome of situations. "

Oh! I’m highly sensitive intuitive. You see I don’t like the word intuitive. It should be discerning or something, IDTp. I was most trying to understand the results of the test better. INTj... nah.

“And you could quite possibly be neurotic, Sycophant. A strong (or rather, obsessive) 3rd function is usually the result of some kind of heavy stress that you can't cope with. Also, you seem to be too protective in terms of judgment. So perhaps you should see a psychologist or something. See what he can do for you.”

Neurotic? You’re a smart boy Cone, can you elaborate on this? Neurotic isn’t a medical term so I find myself wondering what you mean. I’ve been to more than a few psychologists. They don’t know exactly what to think of me. Wait, didn’t I read somewhere that you’re a psychology student? I don’t know.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a psychology student, but I haven't even finished the General Psych class. This is my first year.

About 'neurotic': I am not exactly sure of the correct definition of a 'neurosis', but how Jung describes it, it's basically an unhealthy obsessive compulsion. He theorized that when there is a biasing of the ego toward one specific thing, a neurosis develops to try and counteract this ego bias. This neurosis shows up as the opposite of your primary function, which we know as the 3rd or role function. For an Ni-dominant person such as yourself, your neurosis would be in terms of Si: unhealthy ties to one specific object or person, increased sensitivity toward physical sensations (as in sensitivity to the freshness of foods, texture of an object, dryness, etc.), increased concentration on certain parts of the environment which results in increased judgementalness*, and autistic-like obsessions with repetition or feeling a physical object.

*Note: Ni works by an almost completely passive reception of the environment, leaving Ni-dominant types to be the most nonjudgmental people you will ever meet. I have theorized that a neurotic Si causes certain parts of the environment to "stick out", thus this acute awareness causes one to make more and more judgments about it. It usually comes in the form of an acidic reaction to people/things of a certain characteristic, such as your hatred for anything ugly.

Neuroses usually come about under long-term/extreme stress, which may cause depression. Depression is often characterized by an increased concentration on one specific problem for long periods of time. This concentration causes an imbalance in the psyche, where your ego tries to solve or at least alleviate the pain you feel by obsessing over it. Since the psyche needs stimulation from all four facets of life (intellectual, emotional, physical, and spiritual), the functions responsible for these facets respond in an extreme way to counterbalance the ego. Thus, a neurosis forms.

I have also noticed an increased sensitivity to criticism in you, beyond what a normal INTp would be able to take. Perhaps this could be a manifestation of repression feeling? I don't know much about this, so I will leave this open to all who want to theorize about it themselves.

The best way to solve such a neurosis is to solve the problem, i.e. get rid of the stress, if that's the problem. A psychologist, a caring friend, or a counselor can all help you with this.

However, all of this applies only if you really have a neurosis. I wish I could help you myself, but I'm only a student. If you want to talk more of this, just PM me or something.

Your INTp friend,

Cone

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I finally took rmcnew’s test...

I made it a poll, for fun.
    According to these results, sycophants primary modes are ---

These may seem to conflict at first, but with an emphasis on the results come out close to ENTj, and with an emphasis on the results com out INTp according to the chart ...

Good God McNew you had to bring it up again. I still think I’m very different from most INTp's though.

You know Cone, all the psychologists see try to commit me for a psychological evaluation. They always fail to tell me what the issue is so I always refuse. I like it though. Greatly amusing.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I think you're more similar to the common INTp than Cone is.

For instance, I can see a greater correspondance in personality between you and Cheerio than I can see between you and Cone.

But, whatever, it's not like I'm good at this sort of thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could psychoanalyze you, Sycophant. Who better to understand INTps than an INTp?

Oh, and I also finally took rmcnew's test. It took less than an hour; I'm very surprised.

http://socion.info/cgi-bin/beta3test...343665924.html

I'd say I'm more INTp that humanly possible.

Mmm Freud. Depth psychology. Yes, I'm sure you could Cone. But why would you want to?

Oh do you Mystic? Nice to know. No, I'm nothing like sweet prudent little Cone am I?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's just say for fun.

No, you don't try to appear like me. But then, what makes me the typical INTp? How many INTps do you know that you could compare yourself against?

Lets just say! What kind of an answer was that Cone? A very unfulfilling one. You’ve made my fingers twitch. Dreadful.

Yes you can Psychoanalyze me Cone. But haven’t you been doing so all the while? I am, it’s a habit. I study everyone. But if you wish to do it on a more personal basis I would be about as amused as you. Just don’t be as astute as I would about it.

Do you think I should try to behave like other people Cone? I don’t. Only if it is to my benefit. I know three or four INTp’s , but they are all male.

God... I'm tired.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went ahead and compared Sycophants and Cones results together ... apparently there is something really screwed up with both of the results.

http://socion.info/cgi-bin/beta3test...343665924.html

primary - ****
    secondary - ****

primary -
    secondary - ****

The **** means that two functions were close or tied. Nevertheless, there is some signifigantly matching cohersion among both of them. Enough to where I could say that Cone and sycophant are more than likely the same type or pretty close anyhow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The way they talk seems to be alike... Cone just seems to be more open to being open. While Sychophant has a defensive wall of negativity around her.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonMonk
    The way they talk seems to be alike... Cone just seems to be more open to being open. While Sychophant has a defensive wall of negativity around her.
    Gee... thanks.

Can you elaborate on your findings please McNew? I'm not quite sure that I fully understand.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you elaborate on your findings please McNew? I'm not quite sure that I fully understand.
    Basically, your results were similar, except that Cone's results were not quite as clear as yours. It makes him seem more ENTj and you more INTp.

Basically, your results were similar, except that Cone's results were not quite as clear as yours. It makes him seem more ENTj and you more INTp.
    Then I was right. Hah. I love it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Then I was right. Hah. I love it.
    In fact, I almost went as far as to suggest that the results were actually indicating that he could actually be ENTj, which is in fact true. Although, I do not whether cone would be willing to up his status to a full fledged extrovert ...

Heck, even Jimbean came out a consistent full fledged ENTj, and he still insist that he is an ENTp. I suppose I could not keep others from doing that if that wanted with their type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neither Cone nor Jimbean are even close to ENTj. A simple VI will tell you that. Cone drips INTp, believe me. I can't wait till the Socionics convention. Cone will walk into the room and you all will yell . . .

INTp!!!!!!!!!!!

And as to Sycophant . . . she is probably the only truly honest person here. She obviously doesn't have society's norm beaten into her like the rest of our poor souls. I try to be as honest as I can and look what it got me . . . Drama Queen/Best Actress.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Creepy-

dfds

Neither Cone nor Jimbean are even close to ENTj. A simple VI will tell you that. Cone drips INTp, believe me. I can't wait till the Socionics convention. Cone will walk into the room and you all will yell . . .

INTp!!!!!!!!!!!
    Actually despite my initial amusement I agree with Artemis, from what I know of Cone he doesn’t seem overly ENTj. In fact it seemed to me he fit more with the type than I do. I’m this strange kind of hedonistic crazy INTp thing are you sure you didn’t confuse our tests McNew?

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    And as to Sycophant . . . she is probably the only truly honest person here. She obviously doesn't have society's norm beaten into her like the rest of our poor souls. I try to be as honest as I can and look what it got me . . . Drama Queen/Best Actress.
    Ugh oh. Sounds like I have a defender here. That is never a good thing. Is there something I should know about?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sycophant said: "Ugh oh. Sounds like I have a defender here. That is never a good thing. Is there something I should know about?"

No. You just say your piece and don't mince words. Just wish I were as free as you. That's all.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis

INTp!!!!!!!!!!!

This sounds more like defensiveness than honesty, but well see.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast