Thread: Type discrimination?

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type discrimination?

If I were to say, "I hate ISFps. They are all stupid and lazy. I would never get along with any of them," then in my perspective, isn't that true? How can it be type discrimination if it's true?

By the way, I know the answer to this one. I only posted this to note a funny paradox.

Oh, and not to say that I hate ISFps.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think every type has their biases against other types ...

For example, I despise ISFjs and ISTjs ... I can not stand them at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's really all relative to experience and everything. in a way, and i mean "in a way" seriously, socionics is a synthetic construct, you can believe that all ISFp's are idiots, but that's all personal experience, you dont REALLY know that. if one of them saved your life you wouldn't think that about them, i'm sure. its how we communicate over time that leads to disagreements and so forth, but the discrimination is just based on a long term outlook, not how you really feel.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only viable discrimination i would think of is the stereotyping of the types. For example, extraverts getting jobs where introverts don't simply because a) there may be more of them and b) they found it easy to blag, erm, i mean, sell themselves.
    Remember to keep things simple and not any simpler like Einstein once said.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we say we can't stand someone or some behavior, we have to own it. Is it because of how it affects us? Then we need to change our reactions. When we say that we don't like one "type" or another, we're really taking even less responsibility for our own reactions by putting people into a category and labeling them.

It's easier to blame others for my reactions to them, but it keeps me kind of powerless and dependent.

If I am truthful with myself, then my thoughts to myself would be more like: "I am struggling with how to handle or respond to this person or that. What could I do differently? How could I think about this differently?" Once I start asking myself these questions, I can choose from a greater variety of options and increase my understanding.

At other times, a lot of people struggle with their reactions to one person. This is a little different because then people might collude in their blaming of said person for their reactions to him/her (the mob/popularity factor). That doesn't make it any better, IMHO. The group might form a consensus about the person and feel more justified in their reactions, but this still holds individual members of the group back from examining their personal reactions and getting some personal growth going.

Socionics is supposed to be a way to understand self and others better. I think it's one thing to kid about patterns seen in people who say they have the same type, but another to draw foregone conclusions about them.

Not that I haven't been irresponsible and blaming of others at times in my life! :wink:
    Entp
    ILE