I've been considering the series and find it hard to put types to the characters. I think Frank Herbert might be a little weak on naturally incorporating types into his writting. But just in case somebody else find's it easier I thought I'd make a thread on it. There's so many different characters in the series my list would never end if I put them all. So I'll stick to the original series (no prequals) and just choose some of my fav's. I don't have types for alot of them because of what I said above. Just fishing for anybody elses opinions here

Paul
Chani
Liet Kynes - gamma NT
Stilgar - ESTj or ISTj
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen - ESTp
Leto II (God Emperor) - for what it's worth they portrayed him as very ENFp in the miniseries on scifi I thought. However I don't think it was very true to the novels in this respect
Moneo
Duncan Idaho (my absolute fav character and in some ways I think the true focus of the series (at least from a character standpoint) - ESFp maybe??? (final gholla seems different though, maybe ENTp)
Teg - ENTp (maybe delta ST instead?)
Murbella - ENFj???
Sheanna - ENFp perhaps
Count Fenring - INTp?
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen - ESTp
Darwi Odrade - ENFp or perhaps ESFp
Bellonda - INTp!

like I said... I don't have types for alot of them and the ones I do are very vague impressions so any input is welcome. (and feel free to add your favorites)

BTW I said novels in the title but if all you've seen are the movie or miniseries feel free to chime in (but say thats what you're basing you typings off of since they altered the characters a bit)

/edit actually I've been able to come up with some types with some continueing consideration