Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Emotional Quotient

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Emotional Quotient

Megan mentioned EQ in Jonathan's type thread.

That map (I don't really know more about it) suggests that some of it may be correlated to Socionics more easily; others bit, less so. However, most of the definitions elsewhere suggests a correlation to .

On the other hand, this test:

http://quiz.ivillage.com/health/tests/eqtest2.htm

Suggests that it's more about than , or actually about having a good command of both, but preferring to . In fact, it's about self-discipline and standing for your principles -- the ESI view of EQ perhaps, but this contradicts other versions I think.

Does anyone know anything about this? Or is it all fluff -- another half-baked pop thing?
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intrapersonal EQ : related to and .

Interpersonal EQ : related to .

Stress Management EQ : related to percieving types ; P means high stress tolerance and J means low.

Adaptability EQ : seem related to logic elements, but more in that context.

General Mood EQ : not related to socionics, more to neurochemical-based typologies like Enneagram. Optimistic types are E7, E9, and E2.

That means : EQ is related to .

Winner is : SEE.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all in all it's fluff (at least the test was). No one option is correct for every person, such as they suggest, especially in the messy realm of emotionality. I got 20% btw, "below average".

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i scored 30% on that test. i think the concepts that some of those answers were better than others is absurd (not in all instances, but some of them were very valid responses). the test seemed grounded in a pre-established notion of the way things should be and was not even comprehensively evaluatory in nature.

many of the answers also didn't really reflect what i would most likely do, which would be to ignore many of the situations dealing with interpersonal relationships entirely, let other people worry about their own affairs, and never think about it again.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 60%, by the way.

Creepy-bg

50%

I don't like how they give you your score as if there is a "correct" answer to the questions. I don't believe in that premise. Each person has their own way of dealing with things and no one way is the "correct" way. The test maker fails in my emotional quotient test

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70%

That test was pretty lousy. I've taken better ones.
    You could only get "correct" or "wrong" answers?!
    INTp
    sx/sp

Creepy-bg

I know, if I had known that I could have easily have picked the "correct" answers to all of them... it's not rocket science

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea. The correct answers were too obvious.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    On other tests scoring EQ I've scored as well below average. So I don't think there's any kind of standard these go by. What they look at as EQ may have more to do with the person making the test's outlook on what's important in relating to people than anything else.
    Yeah, I agree -- that was just one of the first tests I got with a Google search. From what I've read on EQ generally, I think other criteria will vary greatly.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think this test is better. imo.
    http://web.tickle.com/tests/eiq/?test=eiqogt
    You have to sign up for an account though. But it's free.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The results should also say what you're good at.
    I think you have to check the detailed results or something.

There are 4 areas you can be good at.

Perception
    Your perception score measures your ability to perceive other people's emotions. It also indicates your innate ability to recognize other people's emotions through nonverbal communication channels. In other words, it gauges how well you pick up on the things people aren't saying. And that's a powerful skill because nonverbal communications — body language, facial expressions, touch, tone, and appearance — often convey a person's true feelings. In fact, some researchers estimate that 93% of all communication is nonverbal. The higher your score, the stronger your edge on the competition.

Expression
    Your expression score measures the extent to which you allow yourself to feel and to express your own emotions. It gauges how comfortable you are in expressing the full range of emotions — both positive and negative. Being able to express a range of emotions implies that you understand the difference between what you really feel as opposed to acting in the manner you think you are supposed to feel. When you get better at expressing emotions, you also accept those emotions as valid — and valuable — in making decisions.

Empathy
    Your empathy score represents your ability to understand and appreciate other people's points of view. Experts agree that your ability to see things from perspectives different from your own will make you a better communicator and, in general, a more perceptive individual. It also indicates how much benefit of the doubt you are likely to give people and how much leeway you give them before you form conclusions about them, their ideas, or their motives.

Emotional Management

Your emotional management score reflects how much you let your emotions affect the world around you. It measures how good you are at understanding your emotions and acting upon them. Emotional management also gauges whether you let your emotions drive your actions or whether you tend to contain them and base your actions on things more objective than your emotions.
    I personally scored poorest at expression and highest at emotional management.
    The expression description sounds kinda Fe IMO.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that test gives me a score of 113 and a strength in perception.

i personally think all of this is absurd. my emotions and relationships are generally not something i think about at all, and so any options that said something other than "i do nothing and ignore the situation because i don't care or see no reason to act BASED ON MY EMOTIONS" resulted in trying to pick the best answer.

a lot of other questions didn't really apply either because the action that i would take would not be influenced with my emotions.

for example, there was a question about how i was to have cooked a chicken or something (i can cook?) and some family member (i have a family?) is a vegetarian and thus cannot eat it. i would go about dealing with the situation by talking to the person and allowing them to make a choice regarding what they want to eat. my emotions, morals, etc. play absolutely no role in a situation like that.

the fact that it marked me as strong in perception probably has nothing to do with strength in that area but extraordinary weakness in all other areas.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    a lot of other questions didn't really apply either because the action that i would take would not be influenced with my emotions.
    I agree with this totally. That's the problem with these EQ tests.
    The question asks what kinda emotional response you would have, when sometimes I look at it, and I think all those responses are too exaggerated. None of the responses fit, because certain things, you can't just judge/decide purely on emotions.

the fact that it marked me as strong in perception probably has nothing to do with strength in that area but extraordinary weakness in all other areas.
    Most EQ tests seem heavy on Fe.

I don't know what to say about the perception being highest, since some of those pictures weren't even real, sort of exaggerated or caricatures, didn't you think?
    Yea. Not only were the pictures painted not real, the choices sounded kinda.. fake? Some. Not all.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 120 on that test, but it was clear what were the "right" answers.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got the freebie report, which includes the "correct" answers compared to how I answered.
    Emotional IQ = 120 (91% higher than other testers…I don't feel so bad now )
    Perception = 8 out of 10
    Empathy = 8 out of 10
    Expression = 5 out of 10
    Emotional Management = 5 out of 10

I'm curious what the score breakdowns are of those who took the test.
    I'm curious if there is a correlation between say Expression and Fe or maybe to SF; and maybe if Emotional Management is correlated to J or maybe to NT.
    Just curious, nothing more.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-bg

better than 95% of testers
    perception 9 out of 10
    expression 7 out of 10
    Empathy 6 out of 10
    emotional management 5 out of 10

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your Emotional IQ is 134.

Your test results show that your strongest suit is empathy — your ability to see things from someone else's point of view.
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    I'm curious what the score breakdowns are of those who took the test.
    I'm curious if there is a correlation between say Expression and Fe or maybe to SF; and maybe if Emotional Management is correlated to J or maybe to NT.
    Just curious, nothing more.
    higher than 99.3% of other test takers
    perception: 8/10
    expression: 7/10
    empathy: 10/10
    emotional management: 10/10
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm, so the only thing that seems clear (out of the four so far) is that the 2 F subtypes scored much higher on emotional management than the perceiving subtypes. (unless bionic considers himself an F subtype...in which case the whole thing is shot ).

I forgot how to do tables on this thing. If more people add their breakdowns, then I'll look up table making again.

(Of course there is the question of..did each of us click on what we knew would be the right answer, or did we stop to think about what it is that we actually do. I know that for me at least, there were a couple of times when i went to click on the right answer and then said no..what i'd really do is blah blah blah, and then looked for the one that matched closer to what i'd really do....even if it wasn't "pretty/nice". hehe)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

130. good at empathy. not bad for an entp chick, haha

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    Hmmm, so the only thing that seems clear (out of the four so far) is that the 2 F subtypes scored much higher on emotional management than the perceiving subtypes. (unless bionic considers himself an F subtype...in which case the whole thing is shot ).

I forgot how to do tables on this thing. If more people add their breakdowns, then I'll look up table making again.

(Of course there is the question of..did each of us click on what we knew would be the right answer, or did we stop to think about what it is that we actually do. I know that for me at least, there were a couple of times when i went to click on the right answer and then said no..what i'd really do is blah blah blah, and then looked for the one that matched closer to what i'd really do....even if it wasn't "pretty/nice". hehe)
    I clicked on what I'd really do

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-bg

And on the pictures, the one I missed was supposed to be showing anger, but it just looked fake, and more like anxiety to me, so that's what I chose instead.
    same for me

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I clicked on what I'd really do
    Yup.

But... I don't think that was an excellent test. Though I'd say better than most EQ tests I've taken.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Creepy-bg

since we're all in the high 90s as far as scores I wonder what kind of dregs are testing in the low teens

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

since we're all in the high 90s as far as scores I wonder what kind of dregs are testing in the low teens
    I *think* that being on this forum (which, after all, has a very big purely emotional component) skews the distribution towards the upper end of the spectrum.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I *think* that being on this forum (which, after all, has a very big purely emotional component) skews the distribution towards the upper end of the spectrum.
    absurd.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for the record

overall 113
    higher than 81% of test-takers... now that's insane.

perception 7/10
    emotional management 5/10
    empathy 5/10
    expression 4/10

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absurd.
    Why then, tell me. I have two paths in my mind:

1)Either a person is genuinely interested in psychology after having been interested in psychology and then the likelihood of him/her also being better able to handle people is higher
    or
    2)A person sucks at relationship and tries to get better at them aiding himself with socionics; this way however after a certain practice he/she will actually reach a better understanding and thus get an higher than average score

Creepy-bg

I wonder what ****** would have scored on this test...

Creepy-male

100% -- however the test was easy to comprehend and very simplified, I think I can understand peoples feelings when I am being objective about things, but its much harder when I pit my own feeling subjectively into practice.

Like one question was concerning talking about someone behind there back, if it was a friend I liked I'd stand up for them on the spot, if it was a friend that was starting to piss me off I'd talk about it but I'd also urge people to come up front with the friend in a calm way at first describing what they don't like, unfortunately these weren't options.... it only said something about telling them you aren't comfortable talking about people behind their back in a negative way, I obviously understood this is devasting when a person finds out about it especially if they are your friend, but in reality I either stand up for the person or join in because I think its my right to talk about whoever whenever, so while in practice I may falter I did score 100 in theory.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All the "right" answers are painfully obvious; this test measures absolutely nothing unless we can ensure that people are being objective about themselves (which, obviously, is impossible).

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7. Situation: You find out that the promotion you were hoping for was given to someone else.

Your Response:
    * You continue to do your best; you know the next promotion is yours.
    * You forget about it. You didn't want the job that much anyway.
    * You lock yourself in your office and cry.
    * You obsess over what the other person had that you didn't and compare yourself to him or her unmercifully.

8. Situation: Your significant other is spendin
    Did anyone pick the lock yourself in your office and cry option?
    I admit, that's what I'm inclined to do.

Situation: Your best friend has recently broken up with someone and is taking it hard.

Your Response:

* You bash your friend's mate and tell your friend that he or she is better off alone.
    * You ask your friend what you can do to help him or her get through this.
    * You take him or her out for a wild night on the town to get his or her mind off the breakup.
    * You start to worry about your own relationship and if you might get dumped.
    None of the above - I inform him of how pointless it is to wallow, and direct him to focus on more important things. If he or she persists on sobbing - to the effect that someone wants to stubbornly feel bad about their situation - I leave, as I am of no use to someone like that. I may seek to direct him towards someone else who enjoys interacting in that way.

My results:
    [spoil:69bb6915ce]You scored 100% correct!
    Your score falls in the high EQ range.
    [/spoil:69bb6915ce]
    I feel special, mhm.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

flicker didn't accept my first account:

Already taken? Which one of you did it?

Forss, your Emotional IQ is 130.

This number is the result of a formula based on how many questions you answered correctly on Tickle's Emotional IQ test. But your Emotional IQ score is much more than just a number: it's an indicator of success.

Research has shown that people with high emotional intelligence scores — not necessarily those with the highest IQ scores — tend to be the most valued and productive employees and have the longest and happiest romantic relationships.

So, where are you most emotionally smart? Your test results show that your strongest suit is emotional management — how much you let your emotions affect the world around you.

This is not to say, however, that emotions never contribute to your decisions. At times the emotions you are having are appropriate guides for your actions. And with your keen sense of emotional management, you'll know when and where to base decisions upon them.

Research indicates that if people who are strong emotional managers can work to increase their overall emotional IQ score, they can prepare themselves to handle any interpersonal exchange with amazing skill — especially by learning to be empathetic of others and by being able to express what it is they are feeling or trying to say.
    They did accept my second try
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

absurd.
    Why then, tell me. I have two paths in my mind:

1)Either a person is genuinely interested in psychology after having been interested in psychology and then the likelihood of him/her also being better able to handle people is higher
    or
    2)A person sucks at relationship and tries to get better at them aiding himself with socionics; this way however after a certain practice he/she will actually reach a better understanding and thus get an higher than average score
    3) a Ti person wants to relax and perform mental masturbation on socionics theory ideas and has no interest in emotional management.

4) a Te person stumbles upon the theory and finds that he can use it to his own benefit in terms of getting what he wants out of different types of people.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast