5. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hell Yes

1 20.00%
  • Hell No

3 60.00%
  • I wish I was Beta

1 20.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beta - the most sex obsessed quadra?

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    El sexo, ha! That language makes fun of itself. Just like German sounds like a little kid trying to speak English.
    *gasp*

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lately I've been wondering about you, Cone. You've been acting really really INFp. Has Black Molly been visiting us under the guise of your SN these days? :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    Lately I've been wondering about you, Cone. You've been acting really really INFp. Has Black Molly been visiting us under the guise of your SN these days? :wink:
    No.
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    No.
    Well I got told.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lately I've been wondering about you, Cone. You've been acting really really INFp. Has Black Molly been visiting us under the guise of your SN these days?
    Naw, it's all me. My mother has had alot of influence on my personality, though.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I LOVE the hair, too!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Naw, it's all me. My mother has had alot of influence on my personality, though.
    Oh please, explain.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim (library)
    I LOVE the hair, too!
    Oh my God! That's too funny. He often sleeps on wet hair and looks exactly like that in the mornings!

I guess it would be morning sex then?

(My favorite but not for that reason.)

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis
    Quote Originally Posted by Kim (library)
    I LOVE the hair, too!
    Oh my God! That's too funny. He often sleeps on wet hair and looks exactly like that in the mornings!

I guess it would be morning sex then?

(My favorite but not for that reason.)
    I have to faint now...

Is there an uncle who looks like that anywhere? Older cousin? Who says I'm shallow??

PS: I'm NOT a morning person. No sex in the mornings!

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think they are the most sex obsessed but I do think they are more verbal and forthright about their sexual desires. I think this has to do with Fe.

Fi valuing types prefer more understated ways to express their romantic desires.
    The Barnum or Forer effect is the tendency for people to judge that general, universally valid statements about personality are actually specific descriptions of their own personalities. A "universally valid" statement is one that is true of everyone—or, more likely, nearly everyone. It is not known why people tend to make such misjudgments, but the effect has been experimentally reproduced.

The psychologist Paul Meehl named this fallacy "the P.T. Barnum effect" because Barnum built his circus and dime museum on the principle of having something for everyone. It is also called "the Forer effect" after its discoverer, the psychologist Bertram R. Forer, who modestly dubbed it "the fallacy of personal validation".

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on hear say, I nominate delta for this.

Also based on theory, Fi is more prone to act towards their impulses without thought and consideration (Se and Fi can overlap in this area).

Si is more prone to act towards getting pleasure, some form, manifestation of Si can be hedonistic.

When you combine both inert functions and what sex provides, delta is mostly likely to be obsessed with sex.
    Last edited by myresearch; 08-29-2021 at 10:17 PM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    157 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by myresearch View Post
    Also based on theory, Fi is more prone to act towards their impulses without thought and consideration (Se and Fi can overlap in this area).
    Why would Fi be more prone to impulsive behavior?
    Last edited by EUDAEMONIUM; 08-30-2021 at 12:52 AM. Reason: forgot quotes

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eudaimonia View Post
    Why would Fi be more prone to impulsive behavior?
    In the sense that when they are drawn to something, it doesn't have to make sense for them. Their lines, boundaries changes according to how they feel so they are more loose.

I haven't seen deltas acting impulsive in other areas, but in the area of hedonism, they might surprise you.

Riley and Bunny together forever HicksHawking InterPrizeWes's Avatar
    Macroverse MtBattle ScholarsGarden Halloween1993 SuperNexus InfinitiesUltimate AllSpectraEverywhere
    TIM
    RayquazaRaichuArceus
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex is always so firebrand and devilish with naughty evil Scizor iron masked marauder islands of learning birds and a temple of the One emblazoned by powerful artwork galleries sparkling with angelic polarities.
    Chinese Fortune Cookie ~ A fair face may fade, but a beautiful soul lasts forever. Lucky Numbers - 53, 10, 29, 14, 1, 21
    Mr. Mime = Mastermind
    Marius Florin aka LeoSuperCluster as Raging Bolt the Raikou number 1021 and SolitaryWalker brought glory to the years of Silver and forged Pichu, wisdom of force and flair to exhibit dinosaur questing pointers electrocuting cinema and blueprints of emporiums to undertow flows jungle tossing galaxy spanning shivers of essence gems and portals of roads to destruction and arboretums folding castles and swordsmanship of dreams and counters to pleasant vibrations and holy water sprouting evanescent stars and puzzles of grades to saffron climax
    https://www.the16types.info/vbulleti...k-2024-edition

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

omg this one from 2005 ... your powers are evolving @Eudaimonia

Betas aren't really the most sex obsessed but yeah Fe + Se valuing is often very verbal and honest about what you want sexually. Because Te is mobility and movement - a lot of Te sex is also very rough and fast ((though Se gets scapegoated the most with that)) .... but Te is linked with Fi so they don't like to talk so openly about it and keep it super private. I never understood getting so hung up about sex talk as long as it was about legal topics and not anything not consenting or underaged etc.

But really the Fi sensitivity of sex is like this, its hot and amazing if you're the one doing it and thinking it. It's gross and immoral and EWWW & the people involved should be ready for Hell if it's other people you're not attracted to thinking & doing it. It seems unfair and hypocritical - but I think Fi is just like that naturally. I do like Fe chats about sex but I can sorta also see the moral prude Delta side with my unvalued 4D Fi in that- I really don't want to hear about a person's sex life and their details especially if they are a member of my family or I just find them personally unappealing sexually for whatever reason.

also it's a Merry vs Serious thing because I understand very deeply a lot of the stuff people like to talk about its not all that serious for them and they don't necessarily wanna do it in reality so I just take it more for what it is without getting hung up about it or super morally offended - it seems Serious quadra people struggle more with that so its a Fe vs Fi thing often.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12