Thread: type and sex drive

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default type and sex drive

i think i read somewhere that sex is just one of those basic drives that transcends all..

but all the same some type profiles talk about a lack of "food drive"-- need, pleasure in eating..s'this also true for sex?

im sure this has been brought up before but seems not to have been recently. Sorry if you've already talked about it until you passed out

i just happen to be thinking about it right now

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's an interesing question, and I'm not sure of the answer, but I'd bet Sxx have the biggest sex drive and xNI types have the least.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Either that or it is the impression they give off ... there is this ESTp girl in one of my college classes that just gives off this vibe, like she is just reeks in sexual activity.

And she has this dork boyfriends, too ... which is really irritating; some girls are just weird that way for some reason with their choice of guys.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    And she has this dork boyfriends, too ... which is really irritating; some girls are just weird that way for some reason with their choice of guys.
    Don't even get me started on that...

You know, I have always been told that I have a "look". I've asked guys to tell me what this "look" is and no one would. The only guy who I was ever able to convince said I have a "I'll f*** your f***ing brains out" look. Not fair!
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, it seems some types are better able to distract themselves from it, with another interest, or mind numbers.. and also some types are less open about their primal drive to procreate.

With that said, I think some people must have stronger sex drives than others.. I mean, like whoa. I'm not sure its correlated with personality type, however.
    thing.

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    but then again i am almost utterly convinced that we in no way need food to survive and i can't exactly explain why.
    I think it's just a in 6th thing.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think so. i think it is largely just how much you concentrate on it. but then again i am almost utterly convinced that we in no way need food to survive and i can't exactly explain why. does anyone else think food is a drug? what i mean is... drugs seem to just be chemical dependencies... food is a chemical dependency... what if we could wean ourselves off of it? i think this will happen one day when science figures out how to directly manipulate energy instead of dealing with matter but i think it could already happen. but then again i think matter is just a subset of 'spiritual principles' so the transmission point exists already... i just need to find it. hmm ah well
    HEY, I LOVE FOOD!

Anti-positivist bastard!

But then again, people love drugs, too....
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For ISTPs sex is not emotional, its purely physical.. thats why they like it rough.

{♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INFps are really sexual people - you'd just never know it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex? What is this "sex" you speak of?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't think so. i think it is largely just how much you concentrate on it. but then again i am almost utterly convinced that we in no way need food to survive and i can't exactly explain why. does anyone else think food is a drug? what i mean is... drugs seem to just be chemical dependencies... food is a chemical dependency... what if we could wean ourselves off of it? i think this will happen one day when science figures out how to directly manipulate energy instead of dealing with matter but i think it could already happen. but then again i think matter is just a subset of 'spiritual principles' so the transmission point exists already... i just need to find it. hmm ah well
    Many people love food more then life itself.... so most people probly would still eat anyways.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah.. what have you got against food? What has food ever done to you, huh?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro
    don't think so. i think it is largely just how much you concentrate on it. but then again i am almost utterly convinced that we in no way need food to survive and i can't exactly explain why. does anyone else think food is a drug? what i mean is... drugs seem to just be chemical dependencies... food is a chemical dependency... what if we could wean ourselves off of it? i think this will happen one day when science figures out how to directly manipulate energy instead of dealing with matter but i think it could already happen. but then again i think matter is just a subset of 'spiritual principles' so the transmission point exists already... i just need to find it. hmm ah well
    Yes, and our own bodies are just physical crutches to our consciousness. So maybe we should all just commit suicide to free ourselves from this handicap.

Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this too at one point (trying to justify an E.D. maybe?) I tried to prove it and made it 7 days before food won.
    I still think we as humans maybe could last only eating once a week, but that's no fun.

Let us just say that most men can't keep up with me. I'm very...... energetic? I guess I also have the "I will fuck your brains out look." IcEPiCk acused me of... what was that? Having done alot in a short amout of time. Somthing like that. Funny thing is I'm an introvert!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poose
    I thought this too at one point (trying to justify an E.D. maybe?) I tried to prove it and made it 7 days before food won.
    I still think we as humans maybe could last only eating once a week, but that's no fun.
    That is not healthy, a person would probably kill them selves attempting to cram 14000 calories [ a whole weeks worth] down in a day just to survive. That would be torture.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think you'd be running on an extremely short amount of energy.

I used to do that! When I was younger I loved to experiment with myself control, so I would withhold things like water, food, sex and sleep from myself. Yeah I have fucking amazing self control due to all of that. So I can do cool things like have heroin dangled over my head on a string and not even touch it! Should I be proud?

I... I LOVE Poose. Because I like how it sounds! What does it mean?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom
    I would think you'd be running on an extremely short amount of energy.
    Very short....after 3 days you feel euphoric though...then sick..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sycophant
    I used to do that! When I was younger I loved to experiment with myself control, so I would withhold things like water, food, sex and sleep from myself. Yeah I have fucking amazing self control due to all of that. So I can do cool things like have heroin dangled over my head on a string and not even touch it! Should I be proud?

I... I LOVE Poose. Because I like how it sounds! What does it mean?
    It's great you have better self control after that...And IF you did herion and can have it in front of you w/o wanting it...I'd say Yes be very fuckin' proud.

Hmm...you are being very nice....(PARANIOA SETS IN)...Um...Poose is my late cat...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

man i need some sleep
    I'll say... *edges slowly away from crazy man*

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    that is an absolute lie! infps and their damned Se... gah!
    Hey! Add an "x" to "Se" and what have you got?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait.... this is a hard one..... i might be able to get it....... sex? Could that be?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, nearly all of the INFps I have known in real life were not all the active physically in that way. Heck, one of my best INFp friends in university was always talking about how he was content with waiting until he was thirty to find a girl to marry because he could not get any you know what when he was younger.

So, I am actually of the opinion that INFps are actually pretty submissive in the sexual sense, which is probably a good thing since ESTps are so active and agressive in that area. They would probably butt heads otherwise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wait.... this is a hard one..... i might be able to get it.......
    Don't hurt yourself there, Harry... :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

freakin' infps

yah... bastards.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote="Baby"]
    Two people in a swinging cott?

That is what happens when I do that!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I bring unto you The truth about INFps - we act like nuns (both male and female), but we're really screaming "Fucking! Now!" on the inside. And that's how it is.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think certain types are more likely to be bi or gay than other types?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    No idea, but I do think certain types are more likely to be thought gay than others.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And I bring unto you The truth about INFps - we act like nuns (both male and female), but we're really screaming "Fucking! Now!" on the inside. And that's how it is.
    Man, now I want an INFp!

The only INFp girl I know right now is getting married to a male ISFp, totally weird combination, but whatever works I suppose!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    No idea, but I do think certain types are more likely to be thought gay than others.
    As in ENFp males?
    Bwah! Heck, any NF guys, really.

Quote Originally Posted by rmcnew
    Man, now I want an INFp!

The only INFp girl I know right now is getting married to a male ISFp, totally weird combination, but whatever works I suppose!
    Odds are it's not going to work. Strange combo. And you know the stats one out of two.

Creepy-

entps are the real mack daddys

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. But we will never get into action.. I think we're submissive.
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

I used to be starved when I began orthodontics. It was painful even just to get up from my bed in the morning. I thought those whom insist fasting is good or vegetarianism is healty might be all terribly fat...I'll be a vegetable before be healty.

Yeah, I think Jung is INFx, because it is said he had three female clients as lovers and his wife reluctantly accepted them for his "search for human nature." How this could be done by IXTx!
    Please keep this a secret from Rocky. I don't want to change this into "what's Jung's type" thread. :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As INFj, I must say that my sex drive is much lower than average. I'd guess that my sensing is introverted and very weak.
    Beware! Nerd genes on the prowl.

INFj - The Holy CPU Saint
    Dishonorary INFp
    Baah

(Very good place for emoticons. Right-click on the one you want and select "properties" for direct link)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by an ixtp (probably istp)
    Yeah, I think Jung is INFx, because it is said he had three female clients as lovers and his wife reluctantly accepted them for his "search for human nature." How this could be done by IXTx!
    Please keep this a secret from Rocky. I don't want to change this into "what's Jung's type" thread. :wink:
    Hehee... I won't discuss this here, but I will put up a nice case for Jung in the near future. :wink:
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krae
    Yup. But we will never get into action.. I think we're submissive.
    Have sex when I need to. No passion involved . . . can't stand the passion. Love to be dominated at times, but hey who doesn't. Get on and get off. Love to flirt but runs and runs and runs away when it nets results. Shouldn't play with fire, gets burnt quite often. Never learns lesson. Hmmm . . .
    <--- Me pouring out all my love on you!

Some days its just not worth chewing through the restraints.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stop picking on ENFp males or I'll get my ISTp dual to kick your ass.

Seriously, I'll do it.
    ENFP - Ethical Subtype.
    In touch with semireality.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the expression "sex drive" holds the answer, in that it's not called "sex trailer". I don't mean to use a simple word to justify wheter it comes before or after cognitive processes but use the word as a simple example. Anyway, i think it's commonly agreed that what we mean by sex drive is the root of all sexual desire, which can be (or not) sublimated.

Now two keywords later, we find that sublimation through cognitive processes could alter the concrete effect of a high sex drive on actual sexual life (though i agree that to some extent it is arguable). It depends on the function preferences among other things but also could depend on things such as philosophy about life, emotions, Freudian stuff like family and things that happened in the youth, etc, we could go on for days, really.

Also, sexual life is not only guided by sex drive. Sorry guys, those chicks in cults aren't that horny. Nor is that sexually cold but loving mother of 12. I don't think that cheerleader you brought in your car back at school had herogenous zones in her mouth.

So if we ask about wheter sex drive has something to do with type, the answer would have to be no. Now if we ask about a type & sexual life correlation, of course there is one, but still, it's manifestation is subject to many conditionnal operators but is it a surprise? I mean, how many of you saw only 16 identical people with different bodies before knowing about socionics?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast