View Poll Results: what was Yeltsin's type?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • ILE (ENTp)

0 0%
  • SEI (ISFp)

0 0%
  • ESE (ESFj)

2 40.00%
  • LII (INTj)

0 0%
  • SLE (ESTp)

2 40.00%
  • IEI (INFp)

0 0%
  • EIE (ENFj)

0 0%
  • LSI (ISTj)

0 0%
  • SEE (ESFp)

1 20.00%
  • ILI (INTp)

0 0%
  • LIE (ENTj)

0 0%
  • ESI (ISFj)

0 0%
  • IEE (ENFp)

0 0%
  • SLI (ISTp)

0 0%
  • LSE (ESTj)

0 0%
  • EII (INFj)

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Boris Yeltsin

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Boris Yeltsin

I think this article provides a reasonable summary of his life. - http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/eu....ap/index.html

Last edited by silke; 04-08-2018 at 11:23 PM. Reason: added links

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are a number of socionists who have backed up LIE with articles. Others think he is SLE, with SEE seen occasionally as well. I don't remember having heard other versions.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick
    There are a number of socionists who have backed up LIE with articles. Others think he is SLE, with SEE seen occasionally as well. I don't remember having heard other versions.
    Really? That's interesting. What's your opinion?

Creepy-bg

don't listen to him... he's a troll

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really? That's interesting. What's your opinion?
    Well, here are some pictures of the man:

http://www.englishrussia.com/?p=633

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...y/gallery1.htm

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't you rather talk about Food Network hosts than some dead Russian guy? I know I would.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    Wouldn't you rather talk about Food Network hosts than some dead Russian guy? I know I would.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He looks ISTj. Tough, controlling, physical, etc. That's not very helpful. Politicans are usually a combination of other people's interests and a voice.
    asd

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE, with SEE a second possibilty.

I very much doubt LIE.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good. I think SLE myself. After more articles and video clips appeared after his death, I finally was able to commit to SLE, which I had thought all along. Here's what I just wrote about him on my site:

"An extremely ambitious, strong-willed man who was inspired and mobilized by threatening situations and challenges. Adept at seizing and holding onto power, but did not know what to do with it once he had it. Bored by routine managerial tasks. Had huge energy swings depending on whether he had challenges facing him or not. Seemed to enjoy moving people around a lot in the government to see what they could do.

Had an authoritarian personality, but managed to create the basics of a democratic system of government in Russia. However, he was surprised and disappointed when his hand-picked successor, Putin (LSI), reversed many of these gains.

In his childhood, Yeltsin was known for his strong-willed personality and for getting into fights. He was a workaholic and pushed his body and health to extremes to overcome self-imposed tribulations. "

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's good.

Also, the way he'd fire prime ministers every 6 months (at least it looked like that at the time), and then resigning after 6 months of Putin as PM, handing the presidency over to him when Putin had been a political nobody less than 1 year before. It suggests a lot of energetic impulsiveness, which I see as evidence of EP temperament.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Rick

But why so many Russian Socionists prefer LIE for Yeltsin, or LII or ILI for Putin? In the case of non-Russian and non-contemporary figures, like Kennedy, erroneous (to me) typings are explained by lack of knowledge of the figures themselves, and their typings of Russian tsars all seem very accurate to me (plus of Lenin, Stalin, etc).

But in the case of a Russian contemporary figure, like Boris Yeltsin, surely a disagreement on his type has more to do with the view of the type itself, so I have to conclude that such Socionists, like Lytov, see the LIE type as being possibly like someone like Yeltsin.

Of course, perhaps from the point of view of an ILE, some LIEs may appear like Yeltsin, which might make some sense.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    @Rick

But why so many Russian Socionists prefer LIE for Yeltsin, or LII or ILI for Putin? In the case of non-Russian and non-contemporary figures, like Kennedy, erroneous (to me) typings are explained by lack of knowledge of the figures themselves, and their typings of Russian tsars all seem very accurate to me (plus of Lenin, Stalin, etc).

But in the case of a Russian contemporary figure, like Boris Yeltsin, surely a disagreement on his type has more to do with the view of the type itself, so I have to conclude that such Socionists, like Lytov, see the LIE type as being possibly like someone like Yeltsin.

Of course, perhaps from the point of view of an ILE, some LIEs may appear like Yeltsin, which might make some sense.
    Well, it's mostly a group of Russians dominated by the St. Petersburg "school" of Mironov and others. Lytov accepts their typings in this case, but may not have strong opinions of his own.

The typing probably says more about their perception of Yeltsin than about a different perception of the type LIE. Perhaps they see him as an "opportunist" figure, or perhaps they were over-influenced by his workaholism. Also, more importantly, in the pro-LIE article/s I read, they placed significant emphasis on numerous episodes from his life where he ignored his physical safety, health, and comfort at risk to his own life. They use this as an argument for weak sensing. However, I believe they are making an error here based on somewhat incorrect assumptions about sensing (especially extraverted). Perhaps that is the crux of the not- argument.

The SEE argument (I believe espoused by the Institute of Socionics), I think, is based on assumptions about quadra shifts and the assumption that power had switched hands to the gamma quadra for good, with Putin a "reversion" to the beta quadra. Yeltsin can be seen as lacking the "systematic" approach of most SLEs. I believe they consider Putin EIE (or at least did 3 or 4 years ago). My typings are less obscure, I think, with Yeltsin SLE handing power to Putin LSI. It appears that Yeltsin=SLE is the most popular version around on different forums and such.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

SLE sx/so 8w7 imo

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boris Yeltsin - ESFJ - Hugo

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)