Thread: Socionics Anecdotes

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics Anecdotes

This is a thread for sharing/discussing funny things from RL that demonstrate some kind of socionics principle. The more the better!

On Negativist/Questioner/Reasonable/Democratic vs. Negativist/Declarer/Resolute/Aristocratic

At a fencing tournament I attended, one of the participants was being obnoxiously demonstrative every time he scored a touch, to the point of poor sportsmanship.

Me: What's with that guy?
    ESTp: He's an idiot.

Creepy-bg

I really like that story

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My brother practically defines the IP temperament. He and his IJ wife moved in with us yesterday, and his wife had done all of the packing. She and I worked on preparing the third floor for them all week, and their friends did most of the heavy lifting in the move. She was talking about how little she's slept this past week, saying she only got two or three hours of sleep the night before because she had to stay up packing and whatnot. He said, "I got nine hours of sleep."
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I was on the phone with my ESFp friend DeltaRho when she came to the forum for the very first time.
    She went to Alpha Quadra and started reading. At the time, there were a lot of threads about
    INTjs complaining about their hard hard lives.

She opened a topic about INTjs and touching and was like: "What in the
    world is this?? I mean, is this for real?? These people come here and talk about how they can't meet people
    in real life and be touched?? Get off the internet and GET TOUCHED already!! It's not that hard! You sure as hell won't be touched here!
    I cannot believe this...I don't think I can do this..."

It was priceless. A real conflictor moment and she did not even know that INTjs are her conflictors.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ROFL! That was hilarious.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

once upon a time there was an ESE. this ESE promptly made two sandwiches, one for him/herself and one for his/her LII partner. but an SLE ran in to the room where the ESE was making sandwiches and stole them both. the ESE promptly filed a lawsuit against the SLE for aggravated robbery but got his/her ass kicked by the SLE's LIE lawyer, who would have won the case easily except the jury was comprised entirely of one ILE and thirteen SEIs who couldn't follow his arguments. the ILE juror threw out the possibility that the crime was really committed by some third party SLI, a conviction which was unanimously upheld, but the SLI produced a photograph of himself/herself fixing his/her bicycle, which was good enough for the jury, at which point the world exploded as a result of the actions of some eccentric EIE in an attempt to garner attention.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conflict...From Beyond the Grave

On our English exam, there was a piece by - of all people - Theodore Dreiser. I was discussing it with an ENTp lit teacher afterwards. "Ugh, I hate his writing," she tells me. "Why," I ask. Response: "He's too preachy."

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread is more sad than funny.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    This thread is more sad than funny.
    ...?
    IEI subtype

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, it's like those jokes that emu farmers tell each other that are only funny to other emu farmers. I dunno. It's just sort of depressing. But I guess it's a sign that we've all become very comfortable with the convoluted and idiosyncratic language of Socionics. Maybe a little too comfortable.
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    You know, it's like those jokes that emu farmers tell each other that are only funny to other emu farmers.
    i love you so much.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From this thread: oldforumlinkviewtopic.php?t=10819
    Quote Originally Posted by The topic
    Is the socionics model really a model?
    Quote Originally Posted by :Te: quadra value
    i think this discussion is entirely rhetorical and a complete waste of time. it's much more useful to discuss the implications and intricacies of socionics rather than whether it should be called a model or not.
    Intuition