Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Typing MBTI youtube videos

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Typing MBTI youtube videos

Ok here are two people from youtube who claim to be MBTI INTPs. They are similar but also a bit different imho (or?) so I'm not sure if they are of the same type. Do you think these people are socionics INTps and if not then what are they?

An "INTp" guy:

An "INTp" girl:

According to my wife the guy seems more sympathetic of those and she likes the guy a lot (more so than she likes the girl). Then she went on to say I'm more like the girl. Lol? I'm interested in how people here see their types.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think most people who type themselves INTP by MBTI think they are socionics INTjs because of the similarity of type descriptions, but most often they are socionics INTjs, ENTps, and INFps.

First guy seems alpha, not sure about the girl. I couldn't really watch more than 10 seconds of either

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    First guy seems alpha, not sure about the girl. I couldn't really watch more than 10 seconds of either
    I have watched the whole videos. The first guy is clearly an INTp, no doubt about that. The girl is different. I'm not sure of her type, but INTp would probably not be my first guess. She might be an extraverted type.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

estp girl
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    estp girl
    Maybe. I get some EXTp vibes anyway, and on V.I. I agree that ESTp is more likely than ENTp.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

estp girl
    So I'm ESTp > INTp, lol.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    estp girl
    So I'm ESTp > INTp, lol.
    Not necessarily. That conclusion is based on very unreliable evidence. A more interesting question is: Can you see that the first guy is an INTp?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    estp girl
    So I'm ESTp > INTp, lol.
    Not necessarily. That conclusion is based on very unreliable evidence. A more interesting question is: Can you see that the first guy is an INTp?
    Yes I can. I was interested about whether people can see a difference (other than gender difference) between these two as I didn't think they were identical. However people saying they are INTp and ESTp was a bit of a surprise. Where is the Se in the lower video, lol. The girl also seems kinda...sluggish...to me. I often tend to see ESTps as more energetic. Perhaps it is the context that does it. I know they can sometimes be sluggish especially at home. But really the guy looks more energetic then she does...hah. Anyways I think I am more like the girl.

Edit:
    No that you have put the doubt in me I can actually see the girl as Ep even ESTp. She is a bit restless even if a bit sluggish and kind of "out there" and not very focused. But really if that kind of person can be ESTp then I can as well be ESTp.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was interested about whether people can see a difference (other than gender difference) between these two as I didn't think they were identical. However people saying they are INTp and ESTp was a bit of a surprise.
    As I said, I am not sure of the girl's type. ESTp is a possibility I can't rule out, and FDG probably knows ESTps better than I do.

No that you have put the doubt in me I can actually see the girl as Ep even ESTp. She is a bit restless even if a bit sluggish and kind of "out there" and not very focused. But really if that kind of person can be ESTp then I can as well be ESTp.
    But if you are an ESTp, your test resuslts are totally misleading, and everything we have discussed about your type has to start almost from scratch, since you then obviously haven't got a clue what you are talking about when it comes to your own type. If you can believe that Paul James's INTP descriptions describes you extremely well, and you are an ESTp, then everything you say can be false. Since that is not very likely, you cannot be an ESTp. That makes no sense at all.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But if you are an ESTp, your test resuslts are totally misleading, and everything we have discussed about your type has to start almost from scratch, since you then obviously haven't got a clue what you are talking about when it comes to your own type. If you can believe that Paul James's INTP descriptions describes you extremely well, and you are an ESTp, then everything you say can be false. Since that is not very likely, you cannot be an ESTp. That makes no sense at all.
    I would be surprised if I was ESTp But the thing is that the girl tested as MBTI INTP (just like me). So if she could be socionics ESTp with that test result then I guess I could be too. Then if we take for example Herzy who is apparently ESTp...I don't think I'm identical to her. Nor do I think I'm identical to FDG. It is just this particular girl. So if this girl is ESTp (and I am) then Herzy and FDG might not be. Or something. Or there is a lot of variation among socionics ESTps.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be surprised if I was ESTp But the thing is that the girl tested as MBTI INTP (just like me). So if she could be socionics ESTp with that test result then I guess I could be too.
    Contrary to the INTp guy, the girl was obvioulsy not very interested in her own test result. She had probably only taken the test once, and she didn't even remember exactly what her test result meant. She was absent-minded about it. We don't know if her test result really was INTP or if it was XXTP, or XNTP, or something like that.

Jonathan has said that he got the result ENFP on one test occasion in the past, but his real result was not ENFP -- it was XNXP, which is no clear result at all. My partner's first test result on Keirsey's site was INTJ, just like the result I got. In later tests she has mostly got ISTJ, but her correct type is ISFJ/ISFj/ESI. In her first INTJ result she got very close to 50/50 on both the S/N and the T/F scale, which means that she really didn't get the result INTJ; she got the result IXXJ. Neither was my own result INTJ, it was INTX.

Then if we take for example Herzy who is apparently ESTp...I don't think I'm identical to her. Nor do I think I'm identical to FDG. It is just this particular girl. So if this girl is ESTp (and I am) then Herzy and FDG might not be. Or something. Or there is a lot of variation among socionics ESTps.
    How do you know how similar you are to this girl? What criteria do you focus on? And you should not trust your wife's V.I. skills. Most non-socionist people don't know what to focus on, they don't know what is relevant to look at and what is not relevant. Their impressions of someone and that person's similarity or non-similarity with another person has almost no scientific value.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where are you guys coming up with SLE for the girl?

she definitely looks beta Fe to me.

Creepy-bg

I want to see what she was doing right before she made that video

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ the videos:

Humans...
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which video seems more like you XoX?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17

Yeah, I thought she was a pretty clear INFp.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush

Maybe that's possible. Are you sure she's not an INTp?

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, fairly sure. It would be hard for me to explain why.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, but i see far too much Fe from her for that to be plausible in my mind. she seems to be strongly confused and not really understand or remember what's going on her, which is typical of Ti superid types that get tangled up in their own emotions. she also is very expressive as to how she feels about politics (while also having absolutely no clue what typing is about at all). compare that to the first guy, who expresses his emotions not at all and takes a completely moderate and objective stance by saying something to the effect of "it's very interesting to do this because we rarely self-evaluate, and even if we do, it's often filtered."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, but i see far too much Fe from her for that to be plausible in my mind. she seems to be strongly confused and not really understand or remember what's going on her, which is typical of Ti superid types that get tangled up in their own emotions. she also is very expressive as to how she feels about politics (while also having absolutely no clue what typing is about at all). compare that to the first guy, who expresses his emotions not at all and takes a completely moderate and objective stance by saying something to the effect of "it's very interesting to do this because we rarely self-evaluate, and even if we do, it's often filtered."
    We seem to have similar impressions of them. I am just not ready to have a firm opinion on her type.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Imho the girl is more like me although more "spaced out" or something (and sort of dumbish which I don't voluntarily relate with, lol). The vibe from the girl seems more like me anyways I think.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Imho the girl is more like me although more "spaced out" or something (and sort of dumbish which I don't voluntarily relate with, lol). The vibe from the girl seems more like me anyways I think.
    yeah, i think i could give off a slightly similar vibe. something different though. she reminds me of a friend of mine who i thought was IXFp (i guess now INFp makes more sense.)

i remember eunice posted a "type video" thread and there were a few more videos of this girl. she came off more like Clover than anyone.

for those of you who do not have enough evidence to form an opinion.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first guy is extraverted thinking or feeling(I think thinking). imagine him in a social context. He would definitely be loud and enjoy saying unpleasant things. I have no idea why he thinks he is an introvert.

Girl is introverted and intuitive.

Watching these videos is creepy. You can see people writhing in their own skin. And their put on mannerisms. and all sorts of weird human ugliness born out of this relatively new communication format.
    asd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    Watching these videos is creepy. You can see people writhing in their own skin. And their put on mannerisms. and all sorts of weird human ugliness born out of this relatively new communication format.
    i sort of do this all day long for a job (well, i listen to people writhing in their own skin.)
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied

i sort of do this all day long for a job (well, i listen to people writhing in their own skin.)
    that's very unfortunate.
    asd

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for them it may be.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

first guy is extraverted thinking or feeling(I think thinking). imagine him in a social context. He would definitely be loud and enjoy saying unpleasant things. I have no idea why he thinks he is an introvert.
    ?

i see him as a pretty good example of Te creative. ILI looks plausible for him.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

I think he might be ESTj. He seems to value Fi & Ne (with emphasis on the connection between them).

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

I think he might be ESTj. He seems to value Fi & Ne (with emphasis on the connection between them).
    We can see that he has an IP temperament, and we can see that his body type and V.I. is not ESTj. If you pay special attention to what he says in the end of that video, you will see that he is talking about himself, and analyzing his own person and his thought processes, from a detached perspective, viewing himself as some sort of "object", which is typical of using Cre-Te. Almost everything he says about himself is said in relation to the test, he doesn't reveal much personal stuff from another standpoint. He has taken the test on several occasions during a perios of 20 years, and every single time he has got the result INTP. (It would be a very strange ESTj who manages to do that, don't you agree?) He says that he is going to take the test again, and he makes explicit that he is interested in the general pattern here. It is a clear example of observations of fields.

The way he talks, the way he looks, the way he analyzes himself, his test results, his general appearance (temperament) -- everything suggests INTp.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

maybe that's why i thought he looked alpha: he looked like N INTjs, ENTps, and some ENFps. When i opened the video he didn't immediately look like an idiot but it just reminded me of other youtube videos and i just couldnt watch it Btw i also initially thought the girl was infp only by VI.

I should listen to the guy at least.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The first video is the ONLY VI typing video that I was able to watch. I don't know why, but he didn't strike me as embarassing with the way that he was communicating, and what he was communicating. The girl just made me want to cringe and I kept shouting out the missing words to her, when she couldn't remember what they meant, or were.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    he looked like N INTjs, ENTps, and some ENFps.
    What I think is very important to realize is that the guy cannot be an INTj. No INTj can look like that. INTjs have a totally diffferent body type and V.I. Those two "pieces of evidence" are enough to rule of the INTj type as impossible for him. And besides that he is expressing an IP temperament, not an IJ temperament.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually think the girl is a stoned INFj.
    whenever the dog and i see each other we both stop where we are. we regard each other with a mixture of sadness and suspicion and then we feign indifference.

Jerry, The Zoo Story by Edward Albee

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XoX, after interacting today with one new INTp professor that has exactly the same vibe as you have, I am convinced definitely that the only viable type for you is INTp. I should try to film/register the man, maybe, but I can completely assure you that, given the VI material you have made available, I will not change my opinion any more.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XoX, after interacting today with one new INTp professor that has exactly the same vibe as you have, I am convinced definitely that the only viable type for you is INTp. I should try to film/register the man, maybe, but I can completely assure you that, given the VI material you have made available, I will not change my opinion any more.
    This makes the game more interesting and confusing again I too still believe I'm INTp. I now have the opportunity to meet a lot of new people which means I can validate my relations better. I already know I'm not INTj or ISTp I doubt ENTp too. In practice I'm likely Ni-dominant with a strong Ni subtype. Imho more to the INTp side but everyone can have their personal opinion of this and I need to meet more Beta STs and Gamma SFs to know for sure

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I already know I'm not INTj or ISTp
    So you know that you are not an ISTp? How did you come to that conclusion?

I don't think that you are an ISTp, but it is easier for me to tell that you are not an INTj than that you are not an ISTp. Your test results and a lot of other things you have said about yourself strongly suggest ITXp, but the only "proofs" that I have for INTp rather than ISTp is that you now seem to identify strongly with type profiles, that I have this strong but (according to some people here) totally unreliable sense of type identity with you, and maybe some other things too. But you once thought that you were an ISTp, and there are some similarities in thinking between an INTp and an ISTp, which can be seen if we compare ourselves with Rocky. The typical behaviours of INTps and ISTp are of course clearly different, but your real life behaviour might be closer to an ISTps than mine, at least that is somewhat hard to tell.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

?

I watched the video again, and I think INFj > ESTj. He's too touchy-feely about it.

We can see that he has an IP temperament
    How? VI? It's possible, but hardly definitive.

talking about himself, and analyzing his own person and his thought processes, from a detached perspective, viewing himself as some sort of "object", which is typical of using Cre-Te.
    That could characterize any INxx type (or even just intuitive). [1]

Almost everything he says about himself is said in relation to the test, he doesn't reveal much personal stuff from another standpoint.
    Agreed.

He has taken the test on several occasions during a perios of 20 years, and every single time he has got the result INTP. (It would be a very strange ESTj who manages to do that, don't you agree?)
    Kristiina and Expat, I think, have consistently tested as INTjs in MBTI, so I think it's at least plausible. Having an interest in academic things such as personality typing biases your results in advance towards INTx.

He says that he is going to take the test again, and he makes explicit that he is interested in the general pattern here. It is a clear example of observations of fields.
    See [1].

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both INTps. They start their speech by recalling memories.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Both INTps. They start their speech by recalling memories.

tcaud has spoken.

tell me, tcaud, if i placed a 36 farad battery in a vacuum of 92 meters/second and applied a force of 46 s²/candela, what would be the number of resultant chicken wings?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if i placed a 36 farad battery in a vacuum of 92 meters/second and applied a force of 46 s²/candela, what would be the number of resultant chicken wings?
    XXXx, obv.
    6w5 sx
    sloan - rcuei

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast