Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Default Friedrich Hayek

I know little about the guy so I won't state my weak impressions.

Perhaps some people like @hkkmr @lecter @FDG will know better.

Mentioned
    759 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ILI I think.

Critical but a unwillingness to define position, methodology is no methodology and belief in stuff like spontaneous order. I don't think order is spontaneous in practice, it's a product of in-determinism due to incomplete information, it's more likely that spontaneous order is the opportunistic establishment of a new order within a dialectical conflict due to adequate quantities of free energy. AKA synthesis, however this is not guaranteed, I think there is also anti-synthesis which results in the destruction of all parties, a sort of nihilistic consequence which can also occur. You might want to call it spontaneous disorder.

I wish Hegel would have introduced this concept as well, but this sort of nihilistic response is in the writings of Nietzsche and others.

TIM
    ILI-Ni
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read The Road To Serfdom, and I think, just from what I read, he is Te creative. Either SLI or ILI. In his book, he sort of serially broke down the other side of the argument. It was kind of boring to read, but I think it was effective.