Thread: Knowing the answer but having nothing to say

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Knowing the answer but having nothing to say

Did you ever feel like Socionics gives you the answers to so much, yet if you use it, you'll destroy people's lives? Sometimes I see people who live so happily in ignorance, that I don't know whether to hurt them or leave them alone. Should I let them be, letting them live with the limited knowledge they have, captivated by ignorant bliss, or tell them the truth, painting the world in terms of mechanical nuts and bolts and making the ideal seem much less so, yet allowing for personal growth?

Problems like these really suck, don't they?
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah.

Well, perhaps the answer is to only give them the info if their ignorance isn't bliss.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me being the neighborhood Epicurean, I say leave them in ignorance, if that's what they're really in.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say give them the scoop; if they hate you for it, that is their problem.

Or, you can just mind your own buisness ...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"I have a question: does knowing about Socionics personally have impact on how you act in everyday life?"

Eh, well...no.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    I have a question: does knowing about Socionics personally have impact on how you act in everyday life?
    Just getting out of bed has a personal impact for me, I am not even going to consider what socionics does for me in that context.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Perhaps the real truth here is that you are in ignorance.... Wink"

Or both parties are.

Default Re: Knowing the answer but having nothing to say

Quote Originally Posted by Transigent
    Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Did you ever feel like Socionics gives you the answers to so much, yet if you use it, you'll destroy people's lives? Sometimes I see people who live so happily in ignorance, that I don't know whether to hurt them or leave them alone. Should I let them be, letting them live with the limited knowledge they have, captivated by ignorant bliss, or tell them the truth, painting the world in terms of mechanical nuts and bolts and making the ideal seem much less so, yet allowing for personal growth?

Problems like these really suck, don't they?
    Perhaps the real truth here is that you are in ignorance.... :wink:
    We all are. There is no such thing as infinite knowledge among humans. I personally think that in saying that you are more intelligent than someone else only shows that you have a big head and a thick scull. What is ignorant bliss Cone? How do you know that you have more knowledge than a person with down syndrome? This question only shows me arrogant ignorance. Cone, you need to work on being blunt and not beating around the bush.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So, i think that the question we must all ask ourselves is this:

Did cone "bone" the ESTj girl? So, how far'd you get, cone?!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually, my problem was whether I should tell someone who thinks 2+2=5 that 2+2 actually equals 4. I suppose it would be very arrogant of me to assume that I'm right.

No, not really. But how nice of you to assume that I was referring to a bad relationship issue. I think I have enough sense not to interfere with bad relationships, seeing that I was in one.

And no, Waddy, I didn't get anywhere.

Jesus...
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Actually, my problem was whether I should tell someone who thinks 2+2=5 that 2+2 actually equals 4. I suppose it would be very arrogant of me to assume that I'm right.

No, not really. But how nice of you to assume that I was referring to a bad relationship issue.
    If you're going to couch things in vague terms, be prepared to be misunderstood.
    I'm assuming you don't mean "2+2" literally, but it's hard to answer your original post (+ addendum) without really knowing what the hell you're talking about.

(...and just ignore Waddlesworth, he's got a one-track mind. )
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you're going to couch things in vague terms, be prepared to be misunderstood.
    I'm assuming you don't mean "2+2" literally, but it's hard to answer your original post (+ addendum) without really knowing what the hell you're talking about.
    Yes, well...

It was sort of meant to be abstract, as if it also applies to you. I just wanted to know what some of you would do/have done in such a situation.

Although I still am upset with some of these self-righteous posts.

But let's forget about it.

(...and just ignore Waddlesworth, he's got a one-track mind. )

Your INTp friend,

Cone

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Knowing the answer but having nothing to say

Okay, well, I've read the whole thread over. (Didn't mean to be bitchy up there, Cone, but a quasi-identical's annoyance annoys me it seems, even if I agree.)

And I disagree with some of the posts that are accusing Cone of arrogance. If a doctor tells you something about your health, are you going to accuse him of arrogance because he "thinks" he knows more about the subject than you do? (Note: I'm not a proponant of degree=knowledge, so please assume what needs to be assumed[i.e. actual knowledge] to make my metaphor work, thank you. :wink: )

Anyway, I think Socionics does affect me on a day-to-day basis. So far, I haven't really talked about it with other people besides my immediate family (and they get interested occasionally, but the rest of the time they just roll their eyes.)
    I think if I saw someone struggling with something where knowledge of Socionics might help, I might talk about it. Probably in non-techincal terms, though, unless they were actually interested in it themselves.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default i still dont get what the problem is

cone, what do you think will happen if you tell these people about socionics?

what do youmean by 2+2=5? just any other explanation for human relations?

It's not that I was throwing insults at you Cone. It is simply that the suggestion that because someone has no knowledge Socionics they are somehow your inferior seems absurd to me. That might no even be what you meant though. I can't tell, you are very vague.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'd know if you were... but you're growing as a person and that's all that matters, right? Not your location, but the direction you're headed.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/