Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: type speakeasy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default type speakeasy

hi! i am new to this site although i have read a few articles about socionics. it sounds very interesting but complicated. i can't decide which type i am. can any of you folks help me?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could describe yourself a lil. That would help trying to figure out your type.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh right! sorry!

well, i am a young adult male. i am a senior in college. i am of average height, muscular yet slim build. i get excellent grades. i am sociable but reserved. most people like me. i don't really like being the center of attention but i unfortunately often end up being quite popular. i am attractive but never boast about it. i think people who boast about themselves are pathetic fragile creatures. I like being a leader. i am quite responsible. i put the needs of my team before my own. i get along with all sorts of individuals. i try not to judge others before knowing them. i don't like immature beings. i won't stand for any kind of frivolous behavior. i try not to impose my emotions on others. one of my weaknesses is that i often can't hide my true feelings toward others, especially the ones i dislike (too frank for a politician). i am aloof to the point that others can sometimes mistakenly see deviousness in my actions. i am not particularly successful with the ladies. i'm coy but i also believe that my career is much more important than small trivial matters. i'd rather wait for a woman that is worthwhile. i've often been asked if i was gay for it. i have a purpose in life and i intend on making it happen. i possess a quick intellect. i work well with my hands though i sometimes wish i were better at it. i also wish i could be emotionally smart. i try to make up for it by staying polite even in the face of adversity. i believe that respect and integrity are crucial in leading a good fulfilled life. i never let others walk over me though. i'm much more polite in public than in private. your reputation can have tricky influences on your possibilities.

i don't understand people who cheat to get ahead for it is bound to catch up to you one day or another. bullies raise the hair on my back and i try my best to make their lives miserable. i don't let go of a subject until i have fully understood and mastered it. i hope socionics is worth the challenge.

hopefully, this is enough...

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.socionics.us/

If you just want to learn your type and have a superficial understanding of socionics, describe yourself in the "what's my type" section of the forum.
    If you really want to discuss the material and learn socionics, then start with that link, and stick around for some time here in the forum.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by speakeasy
    oh right! sorry!

well, i am a young adult male. i am a senior in college. i am of average height, muscular yet slim build. i get excellent grades. i am sociable but reserved. most people like me. i don't really like being the center of attention but i unfortunately often end up being quite popular. i am attractive but never boast about it. i think people who boast about themselves are pathetic fragile creatures. I like being a leader. i am quite responsible. i put the needs of my team before my own. i get along with all sorts of individuals. i try not to judge others before knowing them. i don't like immature beings. i won't stand for any kind of frivolous behavior. i try not to impose my emotions on others. one of my weaknesses is that i often can't hide my true feelings toward others, especially the ones i dislike (too frank for a politician). i am aloof to the point that others can sometimes mistakenly see deviousness in my actions. i am not particularly successful with the ladies. i'm coy but i also believe that my career is much more important than small trivial matters. i'd rather wait for a woman that is worthwhile. i've often been asked if i was gay for it. i have a purpose in life and i intend on making it happen. i possess a quick intellect. i work well with my hands though i sometimes wish i were better at it. i also wish i could be emotionally smart. i try to make up for it by staying polite even in the face of adversity. i believe that respect and integrity are crucial in leading a good fulfilled life. i never let others walk over me though. i'm much more polite in public than in private. your reputation can have tricky influences on your possibilities.

i don't understand people who cheat to get ahead for it is bound to catch up to you one day or another. bullies raise the hair on my back and i try my best to make their lives miserable. i don't let go of a subject until i have fully understood and mastered it. i hope socionics is worth the challenge.

hopefully, this is enough...
    a huge morass of meaningless and somewhat contradictory factoids. i would throw out an extremely tentative LSE.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh right! sorry!

ESTp?

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking ENFj.
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can tell you that they aren't my dual.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

"When my time comes, forget the wrong that I've done.
    Help me leave behind some reasons to be missed."

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    I can tell you that they aren't my dual.
    same here
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no, i don't think either of you can jump to definite ultimatums, regardless of the strength of your evidence at this point. you have almost no information on this person's type whatsoever.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did he feel the need to mention physical characteristics? They have almost no relation to socionic type, from what I have read.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry for being blunt but you guys definitely need to see the sun or at least jerk off once in a while...

Creepy-bg

sorry for being blunt but you guys definitely need to see the sun or at least jerk off once in a while...
    good stuff

+2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK. Definitely not a Thinking type then.
    INTP/ILI(Ni) /5w4

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    does anybody else find her really hot for some reason???

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with niffweed, tentative estj.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am attractive but never boast about it
    Lol. I think you just did. Not much information yet though. You could be somekind of Ep (ENTp, ENFp, ESTp mostly). If you are a feeler then perhaps ENFp. I really don't know yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Where does all this ESTj stuff come from? Ok the answer to criticism sounded like something cracka could say so there.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isxj
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    Where does all this ESTj stuff come from? Ok the answer to criticism sounded like something cracka could say so there.
    lol i actually thought of heath. I am not sure what type heath is though..

Well, i from the description I think he is a thinking or a rational type with some kind of Fi value. I also got the impression that he might rely on jokes or other verbal/witty things to compensate or smooth over situations, which seems Ne HAish. Seems like Fi is not ego for him.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am attractive but never boast about it
    Lol. I think you just did. Not much information yet though. You could be somekind of Ep (ENTp, ENFp, ESTp mostly). If you are a feeler then perhaps ENFp. I really don't know yet.
    entirely based on the first real description he/she gave of self.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm curious niffweed17, what more ought i reveal about myself to be typed accurately?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not sure you understand exactly the type of information that is pertinent to socionics. no amount of pure detail will necessarily be informative. to type you accurately would require honest information as to the way that you think and naturally act.

here are some prompts that might be informative:

what sorts of activities do you enjoy and why do you enjoy them? what do you do for a living and how do you feel about it? what do you want to do with your life? how would you describe your social interactions?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    i'm not sure you understand exactly the type of information that is pertinent to socionics. no amount of pure detail will necessarily be informative. to type you accurately would require honest information as to the way that you think and naturally act.

what sorts of activities do you enjoy and why do you enjoy them? what do you do for a living and how do you feel about it? what do you want to do with your life? how would you describe your social interactions?
    Don't forget...

How would you want to spend you retirement days if you had decent amount of money available to you?
    How would you want to spend your retirement days if you had "unlimited" amount of money available to you?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget...

How would you want to spend you retirement days if you had decent amount of money available to you?
    How would you want to spend your retirement days if you had "unlimited" amount of money available to you?
    that is expat's method. mine is inspired by his, but his method is really just a template to get people to talk about themselves. some people respond very poorly to his questions, so i leave mine more open ended.

of course, this still might be a completely erroneous way to go about doing things, as different types might respond poorly to talking about themselves at all, a topic which joy recently addressed in a thread about conversation styles. i don't know if this method is effective or not; it's all a work in progress.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

estj or esfj.

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't like immature beings. i won't stand for any kind of frivolous behavior.
    anyone else think that this likely rules out caretakers?
    (okok, at least it rules out an enfp dual...the istp)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    not to me. my first thought was ESXj because they tend to sort of talk about themselves like that? i had a heathie-ish vibe, slightly, too, like miss kensington mentioned. at any rate, SJ seems obvious.

i hate that i can't cite exactly where i read this, but isn't one of the reasons the INFj is best suited to the ESTj is because of their serious and non-frivolous behaviour? i.e. other types would find the INFj to be too "cold" but the ESTj appreciates a serious partner? for a moment, i thought he copied it straight from an ESTj description heh.
    6w5 sx
    model Φ: -+0
    sloan - rcuei

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an interesting point. i think it would carry a lot more weight for Si dominants than Si creative types. of the Ne types, EII is probably the least immature anyway.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i don't like immature beings.
    Immature in what sense?

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like something an S type would say.

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    at any rate, SJ seems obvious.
    mhm

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I heard an ESTj acquaintance made that comment to someone else once. Other sensors might probably have such a mentality as well, but they usually don't voice it out (especially ISFps).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

an interesting point. i think it would carry a lot more weight for Si dominants than Si creative types. of the Ne types, EII is probably the least immature anyway.
    ESTj could easily say that. They can be "amused" by immature behavior in some contexts (not in serious contexts like business etc) but generally when asked to they would pretty much always answer that they don't like immature beings. They are quite conservative. However if you tickle them from under their chin in _proper_ situations they actually like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i really enjoy lifting weights. it helps me expel negative energies (i.e. hostility, stress, etc.). i also enjoy reading because it is like a portal to another dimension; the more eerie the better. i am a part-time janitor and i really hate it. i do my best to keep everything clean. i feel it's my duty and that even though i dislike it, i get paid for it. therefore, it's only fair i honor my end of the bargain. i don't understand co-workers who sit idle all day. i'd rather be doing something than waste away like a dead weight. i want to make the best out of life. i want to taste everything, know as much as possible. live life to the fullest then settle down and start a family. i want to accumulate wisdom and be known as an important respectful individual. i am not a social butterfly. i tend to stay in my corner. i only interact with others for practical reasons. i don't understand or like small talk; seems like a waste of my time. some people might think of me as snobbish. i have few friends but they are true. it's better than having many superficial friendships. some people tend to avoid me. some say that it's because i don't put a show on for others. if i dislike someone, i can't hide it from them.

i am a no-nonsense, hard-working professional type. in college, i joined a news broadcasting club. afternoons, after school, we would make fictional news programs. i am currently enrolled in communications. i then had my final production course. aware of my talents and experience, the prof quickly put me in the producer spot. i had my own team of fifteen to manage. the only problem was that i didn't trust my director. though she is a senior as well, i thought she lacked confidence. but i had to listen to my executive producer (the prof) because i respect him. everything turned out fine. i directed an opening segment even though it wasn't required. i thought it would give us an edge on the competition. i kept the director out of it because, as i mentioned before, i thought she wasn't up for the task. i didn't want to put too much pressure on her. i oversaw the whole project and gave a guideline to the writers to follow. at production night, my worst fear came to a reality. the director kept stalling production and couldn't get the job done. i gave her several chances to finish the job. she kept on saying that i was harrassing her. she said she never liked me in the first place. i replied that liking me or not had nothing to do with what we were trying to accomplish; all i wanted was for her to finish what we had started. she kept blaming everybody else for her failings. the other members of my team kept begging me to take over and, basically, fire her. when i realized that she was indeed incapable of leading the creative aspect of production, i demoted her and directed the news broadcast myself. we didn't have much time left but we managed to successfully finish what we had started weeks before. the next day, the prof thought we had made the best production he'd seen all semester. being respected for my accomplishments is essential and very fulfilling to me.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESTj Te subtype.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LSE looks good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast