Thread: Talanov's Model T

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Talanov's Model T

© V. L. Talanov , August - September 2006 .

http://www.socioniko.net/ru/articles/talan-modelt.html

As a further development on the classical model of socionics, A. Augustinavichiute's Model "A", the author of this article proposes a psychophysiological Model "T". This model uses not 8 but only 4 of mental functions of Jung, where each function is characterized not by socionics "colors", but by two parameters: threshold for excitation and threshold for inhibition. This model resolves many problems of differential psychology, psychophysiology, and socionics. Within the framework of socionics, it describes well the intertype relations, the interaction of functions within the TIM, and the content of most Reinin traits. Model "T" is thus a continuation of Model "A"; it further develops and expands upon it. It supports Model "A" with experimental data on the filling of Reinin traits. It also incorporates a clearer and fuller picture of the numerous axioms of Socionics, differential psychology, psychophysiology, and physiology of higher nervous activity, explains the psychological and socionics principles, including those that are difficult to derive from Model "A", and predicts several other patterns. Furthermore, it is simple to understand and to use, and ties the many facts of socionics and of differential psychology and physiology of higher nervous system, into one comprehensive picture, easily explaning the psychological and socionical principles and regularities, including those that are difficult to derive from model A.

Model "T" resolves the old problems of physiology of higher nervous system that have emerged from the times of empirical studies conducted by the school of Pavlov-Teplov-Nebylitsyn. In the full version of the model, in addition to the partial thresholds of the functions, the same for all function general properties of strength-weakness of the individual on the parameters of excitation and inhibition are indicated. The program and mobilizing functions are not balanced and have different thresholds in channels of excitation and inhibition, while creative and contact functions are balanced and have the same thresholds of excitation and inhibition. The overall threshold for excitation determines which of the four functions will be the "program" one of the individual. The overall threshold of inhibition sets the accentuation of TIM . Extroversion and extrotimity are distinguished within this model as orthogonal properties. Extroversion (for the individual, or for individual functions) corresponds with a high threshold for excitation, while extrotimity - low threshold for inhibition. The E/I orientation ("-version) and height of thresholds for excitation of the first two functions coincide with the E/I orientation of the individual, of the last two function - its opposite. The extro- or introminity corresponds to the common socionics "color" of the functions ("black" functions are extratim ones i.e. they have lower thresholds of inhibition).

Number of degrees of freedom of the complete Model "T" increases in comparison to the Model "A" from 4 to 5 degrees and becomes correspondent and adequate to the conventional 5-factor model of personality.

Key words: socionics, psychophysiology, psychophysics, physiology of the higher nervous system, psychological types, properties of the nervous system, the model of personality, extraversion.

Seemed pretty weird to me... Basically it seems to be a model with thresholds of excitation and inhibition, that seems to resembles Pavlov's theory of strong and weak types (http://psyc.queensu.ca/ccbr/Vol2/Locurto.html).

An ILE would be : вИн вЛв нСн нЭв

Maybe Model T could explain better the role of each function...
    Last edited by silke; 03-22-2016 at 11:48 PM. Reason: updated links

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It seems that model is like that :

I'm using latin letters to make Model T more comprehensible.

According to Talanov, there are 4 functions : I, L, S, and E (Intuition, Logics, Sensation, Ethics).

Each function has a level of excitation, and a level of inhibition.

Example :

[sup:bc6c5ad1f9]+[/sup:bc6c5ad1f9]I[sub:bc6c5ad1f9]-[/sub:bc6c5ad1f9]

means Intuition with High level of excitation and Low level of inhibition.

I'm using + and - for High and Low, but in russian they are originally letters which would transliterate as V and N.

An extrotim has those levels : (E for excitation, I for inhibition)

Function 1 : E high I low
    Function 2 : E high I high
    Function 3 : E low I low
    Function 4 : E low I high

An introtim has those levels :

Function 1 : E low I high
    Function 2 : E low I low
    Function 3 : E high I high
    Function 4 : E high I low

Syntax of the TIM would be :

[sup:bc6c5ad1f9]+[/sup:bc6c5ad1f9]1[sub:bc6c5ad1f9]-[/sub:bc6c5ad1f9][sup:bc6c5ad1f9]+[/sup:bc6c5ad1f9]2[sub:bc6c5ad1f9]+[/sub:bc6c5ad1f9][sup:bc6c5ad1f9]-[/sup:bc6c5ad1f9]3[sub:bc6c5ad1f9]-[/sub:bc6c5ad1f9][sup:bc6c5ad1f9]-[/sup:bc6c5ad1f9]4[sub:bc6c5ad1f9]+[/sub:bc6c5ad1f9] for any extrotim and

[sup:bc6c5ad1f9]-[/sup:bc6c5ad1f9]1[sub:bc6c5ad1f9]+[/sub:bc6c5ad1f9][sup:bc6c5ad1f9]-[/sup:bc6c5ad1f9]2[sub:bc6c5ad1f9]-[/sub:bc6c5ad1f9][sup:bc6c5ad1f9]+[/sup:bc6c5ad1f9]3[sub:bc6c5ad1f9]+[/sub:bc6c5ad1f9][sup:bc6c5ad1f9]+[/sup:bc6c5ad1f9]4[sub:bc6c5ad1f9]-[/sub:bc6c5ad1f9] for any introtim.

As an LII, I would have :

[sup:bc6c5ad1f9]-[/sup:bc6c5ad1f9]L[sub:bc6c5ad1f9]+[/sub:bc6c5ad1f9][sup:bc6c5ad1f9]-[/sup:bc6c5ad1f9]I[sub:bc6c5ad1f9]-[/sub:bc6c5ad1f9][sup:bc6c5ad1f9]+[/sup:bc6c5ad1f9]E[sub:bc6c5ad1f9]+[/sub:bc6c5ad1f9][sup:bc6c5ad1f9]+[/sup:bc6c5ad1f9]S[sub:bc6c5ad1f9]-[/sub:bc6c5ad1f9]
    Last edited by silke; 03-14-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Creepy-bg

I still think it's funny when things come out as LIES

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    I still think it's funny when things come out as LIES
    You could use TNFS... But as 3-letter type codes were transliterated like "ILSE", I translated so...

Creepy-bg

actually...

I can't find the thread but we've done it before.

sorry

you did clear some things up with it though

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    actually...

I can't find the thread but we've done it before.

sorry

you did clear some things up with it though
    At least I recovered that information...

But this model is somewhat decieving, because levels of excitation reflect strong/weak functions and levels of inhibition accepting/producing functions.

I haven't really read why Talanov modeled psyche like that... It reminds me myersian model...

But at least Talanov said that functions worked differently on introtims and extrotims.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by machintruc

I'm using + and - for High and Low, but in russian they are originally letters which would transliterate respectively as B and H.

So an ENFp would be
    [sup:7b8b0198f6]+[/sup:7b8b0198f6]I[sub:7b8b0198f6]-[/sub:7b8b0198f6]........ intuition: high excitation w/ low inhibition
    [sup:7b8b0198f6]+[/sup:7b8b0198f6]E[sub:7b8b0198f6]+[/sub:7b8b0198f6].......... ethics: high excitation w/ high inhibition
    [sup:7b8b0198f6]-[/sup:7b8b0198f6]S[sub:7b8b0198f6]-[/sub:7b8b0198f6]..... sensation: low excitation w/ low inhibition
    [sup:7b8b0198f6]-[/sup:7b8b0198f6]L[sub:7b8b0198f6]+[/sub:7b8b0198f6]............ logics: low excitation w/ high inhibition
    right?

does model T utilize subtypes or such?
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    Quote Originally Posted by machintruc

I'm using + and - for High and Low, but in russian they are originally letters which would transliterate respectively as B and H.

So an ENFp would be
    [sup:45f084484f]+[/sup:45f084484f]I[sub:45f084484f]-[/sub:45f084484f]........ intuition: high excitation w/ low inhibition
    [sup:45f084484f]+[/sup:45f084484f]E[sub:45f084484f]+[/sub:45f084484f].......... ethics: high excitation w/ high inhibition
    [sup:45f084484f]-[/sup:45f084484f]S[sub:45f084484f]-[/sub:45f084484f]..... sensation: low excitation w/ low inhibition
    [sup:45f084484f]-[/sup:45f084484f]L[sub:45f084484f]+[/sub:45f084484f]............ logics: low excitation w/ low inhibition
    right?

does model T utilize subtypes or such?
    You wrote low excitation and low inhibition on the last line, but besides that, you're right.

I haven't really studied Model T, it seems complicated to me, but inhibition and excitation seems to be related to Pavlov's definitions. I don't really know it's compatibility with subtype theories.

Model T would result to a different sight on Reinin's derivative traits and TIM relations

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks, i fixed it

i can kind of see it fitting in some ways
    but when i compared it to the infp (because of my close friend who is infp and intrested in socionics), i find it hard to see the infp one fitting .....i'll ask him next time i see him, though
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For Model T subtypes, late in the article Talanov wrote on the extrovert, introvert, and "average" subtypes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I sat in one of those at greenfield village once. Quite an interesting piece of work I do say.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Tov
    I sat in one of those at greenfield village once. Quite an interesting piece of work I do say.
    they probably didn't let you drive it huh? They look like fun and it'd be a hell of a conversation starter to drive one as your everyday car. I'd do it if I could (as it is I settle for my grey Chevy Caprice Classic whale that has all sorts of farm animal orniments hot glued on the hood (which does a good job at the conversation starter thing (it's expecially funny to see people next to me at red lights do a double take when they realise there's a herd of miniature sheep grazing on the hood of my car))))))

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i like model A more.

And why not use the 5th - 8th functions. Don't we have subcounscious anymore.

Well maybe i didn't read the article well enough...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarno
    i like model A more.

And why not use the 5th - 8th functions. Don't we have subcounscious anymore.

Well maybe i didn't read the article well enough...
    Model T uses functions differently. There are only 4.

But Talanov said that functions would behave differently on introtims and extrotims.

Model T is made like that so you can appreciate traits (basic and derivative) and relationships differently.

For example, on Strategists, Intuition has equal levels of excitation and inhibition (+I+ or -I-), as on Tacticians, Intuition has different levels (+I- or -I+). I means Intuition here.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't understand a thing : what does "level of excitation" and "level of inhibition" mean ?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MODEL T IS STRAIGHT UP WACK, YO

Banned
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Model T .... sounds like a new model of terminator.
    Off topic.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been done before:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Model_T

Edit: Someone beat me to the punch