Thread: Delta: Where are you on the Eneagram?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta: Where are you on the Eneagram?

Last I looked I was somewhere between a 7 and a 9, leaning towards 7. That might not make sense but whateva!
    How about you? How did you draw your conclusion? How are you different from others with the same eneagram type but different socionics type? How are you similar? What about your family?
    Answer just one or all if you care to

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/eneagram.asp

I think my mom is a 6w5. She's ISFJ so that kinda makes sense.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always alternated between 6w7 and 7w6...i identify much more with 7w6 than any other type, however. Not sure if that fits the typical "istp" description, but that's what i've always tested as.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't really studied the Enneagram as much as I have studied MBTI and Socionics, so I only know about my type and haven't really analyzied others. As you as in the last thread, I'm a bit out of the typical ENFp chance of being a 7 (and I guess a 9), but all the tests I've taken have told me I'm a 2, but I swing from wing to wing, and I find that I'm a 2w1. What really stands about about being a 2 and ENFp is the similarity between people pleasing. And as much as I try to always be 100% myself there are times I bite my lip and try to comfort instead. Also, the parallel need for affirmation so badly is really apparently, for some reason it's just a strong drive. It almost makes me feel bad, I don't believe I'm fake at all but there's still the feeling inside that needs a stroke in return. Maybe there's come sort of correlation? When I took the MBTI test, my E and P weren't all that far from my I and J side, but it was my N and F that were signifcantly high. Maybe those with higher E and P preferences test to be 7s?
    ENFp

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w6.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually score the highest for 7 and 9.
    7w6 fits the best.
    INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm both 7wing6 and 5wing4

Screw personality typing ISTp's can't ever seem to fit in just one type properly.

(gawd the irony)
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 with something, not sure what with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I'm a 9... I'm not positive, though.
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enneagram is one personality system that i just can't figure out
    no matter how many times i try, it makes no sense to me
    well, part of it makes sense to me
    i'm sx/sp/so

edited to add: sx/sp apply more to me than so ever could, so if it's supposed to be only two, then drop the so completely, otherwise it's sx primarily, then sp
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    i'm sx/sp/so
    ennegrams the one with the numbers

me= 4w5 or 5w4

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Quote Originally Posted by anndelise
    i'm sx/sp/so
    ennegrams the one with the numbers

me= 4w5 or 5w4
    http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=80:80

http://www.ocean-moonshine.net/e1428...position=55:55
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Creepy-bg

OIC

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a few quotes from those two links I gave above....

Claudio Naranjo, one of the first theorists who worked to develop the Enneagram, defines what he refers to as the “essential core” of personality as an interference with instinct by passion under the sustaining influence of a distorting cognition. Instinct, along with the intellect and emotions, constitutes the third center of human consciousness, and it too is constrained and bound by the influence of the dominant fixation.

According to Naranjo, Oscar Ichazo, the father of the modern Enneagram of personality, subdivided the instinctual center into three distinct individual centers, namely the instinct for self-preservation, the sexual instinct and the social instinct. Enneagram theorists have been working with these divisions ever since. These instincts are the most primitive portions of our being; they are that in us which is most akin to the other animals and they are affected by our fixations in ways that follow predictable patterns, in ways that are susceptible to analysis and description.

...[]...

A few words can be said in general about the various instincts. The instinct for self-preservation is attuned to the protection of the self, to its needs, health, comforts, security, and stability. This instinct is the strongest and most fundamental in virtually all life forms, and can easily override the other instincts should the life or safety of the individual be in immediate danger. In such threatening conditions, all of us are dominated by the instinct for self-preservation. But, in more general circumstances, when our health, life or security is not obviously or immediately endangered, this instinct will take a back seat, if the individual is dominated by the sexual or social instincts.

...[]...

The sexual instinct focuses on attraction and excitement, or, what, apart from the self, seems to promise to expand and intensify life. The life of the self is found in the life of the other. As its name would indicate, individuals who are dominated by the sexual instinct are concerned with sexual fulfillment in the obvious sense of that term, but sexual subtypes are seldom interested in sex merely as a physical act. In fact, a belief that sex is just another physical drive for physical pleasure is a pretty good sign that an individual is not a sexual subtype. Sexual subtypes generally have romantic longings for the ideal partner and hence have high expectations and ideals. By extension, the sexual instinct can manifest in a desire for intensity of many different sorts, but the primary manifestation will generally be a concern with finding the ideal partner, as the sexual subtypes tend to feel somehow incomplete or unfinished without a relationship to ground them.

...[]...

The social instinct focuses on the group, hierarchy, status, the big picture; it essentially focuses on connecting to that which is larger than the self. Individuals whose social instinct is dominant need to feel a sense of “belonging.” They need to feel as though they have found a place in the group; they need to feel as though they are making their own contributions. Individuals whose social instinct is first tend to be the warmest of the subtypes. They generally have lots of “connections” whether to friends, acquaintances, family members or professional colleagues. Social subtypes are the most likely to feel a sense of social responsibility to the needs of the group and to work to serve those needs.

Instinctual Subtypes by Enneatype

Click on the stacking links on the left for descriptions of the six instinctual subtypes of each enneagram type.

Instincts - Self Preservation, Social, Sexual.

These three instincts are built into our bestial nature, which resides at an unconscious level helping to ensure our survival, both of ourselves and our species. From the perspective of the enneagram, we want to know how these drives appear and function, both within personality and as distinct patterns, as defined by each instinct alone or the alignment of two or three (stacking).

Sexuals attract others without really trying. They also repel others in the same way, like an anti-pheromone. This works like a screening function in the mating process. People typically have a strong reaction one way or another towards Sx's, and vice versa.

Self Pres people instinctively avoid certain foods and environments, and are likewise drawn to those things that nourish and sustain them. Sp's have a strong reaction against things that threaten to harm their comfort or health.

Social is driven towards gaining protection and empowerment within larger entities.
    Soc's typically react strongly against things which would jeopardize or displace their position or reputation.

The instinct is always trying to work for our survival, whether we know it or not. Personality can only get in the way. Animals, as more or less fully instinctual beings, don't have this problem. But integrating our personality with instinct requires that each side of ourselves is fully aware of the other side. Otherwise we are automated, automatic, and on autopilot.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

7w6
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what Im seeing here is that just about all IEE have ADD. I guess it makes sense why I have so much trouble completing a proje

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always test as 4w5 or 5w4. 4w5 fits the best, although I don't feel comfortable as neither of the types. As far as instinctual variants go, sp/sx would make the most sense for me.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m definitely sx/sp (heavy sp).

The core type is either 6 or 9. At least I’ve narrowed it down to two types, and not the original 4 possibilities (4, 5, 6 and 9).
    9w1

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w6 seem to be ISTp Si subtypes.
    6w5, 5w4, etc seem to be Te subtypes.

I personally like Te subtypes more.

EDIT: It's funny but I scored 6w7 recently. I took two different tests and the same.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3w4 - figuring that out has been a long, involved process.