Thread: Physical abilities, or lack thereof, and socionics type influences

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Physical abilities, or lack thereof, and socionics type influences

I know this sounds like Grof's Basic Perinatal Matrices but I mean it to be more intuitive i guess. I think I developed a reliance on intuition as a child because I have poor eyesight and I remember even as a child being teased by my family because I couldn't see what was right in front of me. Also, I think this made me become more of a thinker and may have influenced my lack of display of emotion because I never really saw people's facial expressions (when at a distance of more than 10ft or so) until I got glasses. I had to rely more on voice tone expressions to figure out what emotionns people were trying to relay. What do you guys think?

**EDIT**
    @ CuriousSoul I was refering more to the thing found here

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also got glasses at pretty young age, I was nine or ten I think, probably due to excessive reading at that early age.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-The-Lion
    Also, I think this made me become more of a thinker and may have influenced my lack of display of emotion because I never really saw people's facial expressions (when at a distance of more than 10ft or so) until I got glasses. I had to rely more on voice tone expressions to figure out what emotionns people were trying to relay. What do you guys think?
    I do not think this explanation holds water. It might have influenced your behavior and abilities but the type is mainly about the way you process information etc. and I think this is basically irrelevant, you can tell an awful lot just based on the tone of voice, for example. Of course no body knows for sure, but I do have my opinions. :wink:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So you guys want to type me as INFJ, but it just doesn't make sence. Being Ethical you should have emotional innerlife and that just isn't me. But the thing what I wanted to say is, that I can read peoples innerstate out from their faces and body holdings. It should be Ne, which does that. I mean , it helps us to understand if the person is lonely or lost his touch with the lust of life or what ever. I think that people with strong Ne are good at notessing the state where someone is at with his or her life. I can easily tell if the woman is single or if my friend is at the point of his life where he needs to get his love for life back.

BTW. Sorry, if I'm talking little bit wierdly on this posting. I'm trieng to start writing like I usually write in Estonian language. This place has alot of Is and they talk very quietly. I'm noisy and I talk a lot, it's fun for me to explain or to talk smart. So, I hope everibody is fine, if i start to talk like I am. It might take some time, but hope you like me better then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: bodily abilities (or lack thereof) and influence on type

I know this sounds like Grof's Basic Perinatal Matrices but I mean it to be more intuitive i guess.
    The Grof's stuff sounds all pretty weird and the validity of any research methodology relying on the use of LSD seems dubious at best but I would still not dismiss the Perinatal Matrices entirely. I think reflections of the themes Grof detected can be found even among normal people and to some extent correlated with Socionics types.
    Also, I think this made me become more of a thinker and may have influenced my lack of display of emotion because I never really saw people's facial expressions (when at a distance of more than 10ft or so) until I got glasses. I had to rely more on voice tone expressions to figure out what emotionns people were trying to relay. What do you guys think?

@ CuriousSoul i was refering more to the thing found.
    here
    - One of INTj problems is that their facial expressions and demeanour do not always reflect their real feelings. This often leads others to think of INTjs as cold and distant people. INTjs also tend to loose contact with people that they have made emotional connections with.
    http://www.socionics.com/advan/prof/intj.htm
    Yes, but even this follows largely from the Type of Information Metabolism. INTJs are innately less aware of how they come across and what kind of expression they may have at any given moment. Of course it is also an ability you can develop, though I think it is generally not that important for reasonable adults.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also never aware, how others see me. I just can't understand what expressions I might have or how do I impress. Seing others , I notice their moods, in times, usually this person has strong Fe, but I don't know anithing about what person with strong Fi or Te might feel, somehow I can't read their minds. There's one ISTp girl who I slightly know and inside of her i never can see. I can't understand her innerworld, like it has door closed on me.

INTJs are innately less aware of how they come across and what kind of expression they may have at any given moment. Of course it is also an ability you can develop, though I think it is generally not that important for reasonable adults.
    But off course, I am not INTj. I don't think like they are thinking. I don't have their face expression.
    Semiotical process

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have considered how type may affect phsyical abilities, but I believe that it comes down more to individual differences more than type. For example:

1. I considered that an Intuitive may be more inclined to wear glasses. However, that does not seem to necessarily be the case, because of genetics and the fact that short-sightedness may be caused by too much reading, or too much time on the computer etc.
    2. I considered that a Sensor may be more inclined to have a deeper, more resonant voice. That I have discounted, although it does seem as though Sensors (especially ESxxs) tend to have more commanding voices.
    3. I considered that an Intuitive may be more inclined to have less well-formed muscle tone, or be less phsycially capable. I am not sure about this, though phsyical capability seems more to be about the sort of exercise you do and how frequently you do it.

Although I have little evidence, I believe that visual identification does not go as far as to account for physical abilities. VI is more about the way that you move, the shape of your face, your eyes, the composition of the face and body language. Even then, VI is still quite general.

However, I would say that type does influence our phsyical make-up in some way, albeit perhaps not as much as to determine our physical abilities. When we were conceived, we were only one cell. From that one cell came the rest of our body. Thus, I would be logical to assume that, for example, our facial composition may differ according to personality.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@CuriousSoul I am saying perhaps lack of sensoral ability determines information matabolism not vice versa. What is information metabolism if not responses to stimulii via the brain? I'm thinking that should a particular mental structure become codified at an early age you develop a type. How can you say Fi results from your information metabolism when information metabolism is not a thing (therefore not a cause) it's a concept that explains how.
    I guess this is a bit of a chicken and egg question: Does the way we process information define the way perceive and act in the world - or does the stream of sensory stimuli and the way we behave gradually change the way our brains process information. At this stage I guess nobody knows for sure, but I think there are reasons to believe that the arrow of causality flows from the structure of our brain, the Type of Information Metabolism, to the way perceive reality and act in the world and, as a rule, not the other way round.

This is a bit off topic, but the fundamental rule of behavior genetics is that there is a genetic component to every measurable form of human behavior. The influence of genes is according to almost all studies greater than the influence of family environment. Identical twins raised apart are far more similar to each other than adopted children raised in the same family, for example. In terms of socionics types, there is still an awful lot to find out but for example Filatova gathered her "twin series" pictures of unrelated people who have the same Socionics type and look remarkably alike - often almost like identical twins. This all would be more compatible with a large genetic contribution to the determination of the type rather than with a strictly environmental hypothesis.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see it to be possible for eight distinct functions within the human psyche to be imbeded within the innate genetic structure, thus you could call me somewhat of a behaviourist, with the belief that the psyche crystalizes to a certain extent over time. Our fluid intelligence, in the aspect of language development, is greatest when we are young, and so is our personalities, although there is clearly a certain degree of rigity within our psychic structure. But, just as the brain goes about it's greatest period of development, acceleration wise, during infancy, the greatest degeneration, in the light of a time/synapse ratio, occurs during infancy, thus causing me to believe that the specialization that the brain undergoes and continues to undergo throughout life is the gradual crystalization of personality. Thus, I attribute sensory stimuli to the development of the personality, in the same sort of way that sudden changes within in an eviornment causes trouble for sepcific species, and thus the time comes when one must "adapt or die", signaling the specialization process of the brain.

I'm in a position in which my symptathy is leaning more so towards Pedro's theory, but the only physical traits that I believe cause such a specialization in personality, or in other words, guide one to the predisposition of having a certain type, would have to be those that are more all-encompassing then just quirks within the self.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's some stuff I've noticed over the time when I have surveyed people.
    I wouldn't suggest this for typing others, but it should be interesting to read.

All people want to have their duals look when they choose clothes. ST men allways want to have little bit spirituality in their clothes. They allways have some details in their clothings , which belong to their dual, f.e ISTj male would like to have colourfull and dramatic appearence, which is combined with dominating harsh look. NF males allways like to look tough, but they wear usually warm colours and might have longer hear, sometimes wearing mustache. ENFj male would choose colourfull clothes, grey coat, green sweather, blue jeans and then shoes, which manifest conservative appearence. ENFj guy would look like ISTj being very emotional.

SF guys like to be usful for women. They dress well and every detail is mached together, but they don't like do look too softy, they like to look lime men, who are well aware how women are thinking, they are masters at giving good first impression for ladies. Women allways notice how well dressed SF male is.

NT males like to look little bit SF. They wear badly mached clothes.They like to look fashinable, wealthy and that they have somewhat leaders nature. They like that their appearence would show others ,that they are smart people. But they also like to have softness in their clothing, they don't like to look macho, they want to be old fashioned gentelmen, perhaps like daddy for a young girl. ENTP male would wear trendy trappings, but they are badly mached and he wears it all like ISFp. ENTj and INTp type know well how to look fine. They are heartbreaking joy for womens eye if they want to. But they also like to have impression of a wealthy, smart and succesfull gentelmen. I'm not so aware how INTjs like to look, but I think they want to look like ISTjs, but they are not so good at combinig clothes and they may want to have little bit bohaimian look.

I have noticed these things.

I also have noticed that Logical types are drawn for Ethical types. In companies Logical men are always atracted by Ethical women, but Ethical women don't find Ethical men so interesting,they seem to fall into back scheme. Also extraverted people tend to seek for company of introverted people. I think ET and IF couple or IT and EF couple would be good mach.
    I remember Gulenko speaking in that sticky theme also something like that.

Also Ethical males always look little bit feminite. Logical males on the other hand seem to want to look like real males.

And before I would like to give word back to others, I would like to appologize for my bad English.

That's all!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kaido21,

I think it's tougher for us Americans to make generalizations about types and dress. I haven't noticed very strong correlations. Huge variations in fashionableness and self-awareness in all types. If you were to talk about fashionable INTP vs. fashionable ENTP for example I think you could say something. Also maybe people think you are an F because us Americans are some of the coldest ppl on the planet, and anyone that shows an emotion must therefore be an F to us. :wink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENTP's are often quite fashonable. Many have an innate ability to dress well. Some ignore this ability and thus, ignore fashion

INTJ's. They often just try to get by in terms of proper dress. They learn the styles but will often choose not to adapt out of laziness, a greater cause...

Intps and entjs: sometimes smell because they don't take care of their clothes. Their style is often less conservative than the alpha quadra NT's, but they suffer more do to general neglect of small and relevant stylistic details that come from very weak Si.

Conclsuion-NT's often are out of touch with this stuff. Duh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Somewhat in line to what you are saying I have noticed that INTP's sometimes like to make statements with their dress. (Beck Hanson for example.) Not as important to be pleasing to the eye as to somehow define the self in relation to others. (Ni I would guess.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Extroversion does not a warm person make, neither do warm climates nor fake plastic smiles. But maybe that's just because my girlfriend left me. I'm from Anchorage. We're pretty warm up here. I mostly like to denigrate the lower 48. Hawaiians are pretty warm, especially if you have syphilis to give them.

Creepy-INTJ-real

Default About INTJ

Interesting when people say INTJ do not care about others.

They are just probably afraid of INTJs superiortiy and do not understand them at all.
    There was a comparison. They compare INTJ as some personage from Star Trek Ro Sigma or something like this. I saw the pictures of that guy.

Being INTJ myself I do not look Star Trek at all. It is too ridiculous. There are so many idiotic emotional and logical and other flaws in that series that in 5 minutes of watching it make you puking.
    So there is no INTJ in that stupid movie.

The real INTJ (actaully fictional) that I would empathize with is Gaendalf the Grey in the Lord of the Rings. He is labled like this in true way.

So, now somebody can say that Gaendalf the Grey do not care about others?

He cares about whole world. And he sees much more futher in the future and in space then anybody surronding him, sees in general and in details, with very deep understanding, not those sissy-pissy local emotions of others in the movie.

He also understands limitations of himself and others and never blames them, though they deserve. Only when he is really annoyed by other's stupidity and inefficiency, he can loose temper.

He is superior, but he does not need to show it. It is all inside.

Is he ambitious? Yes. But it is not the ambition to dominate. It is the ambition to do great THINGS.

Other types never understand this.

Besides, they often lablel people as INTJ because they aloof or whatever. Not everybody who aloof is an INTJ. INTJ is superior. He feels it inside and he does not give a shit about what others think about him. He actually give a shit, but not in the way others think he should.

INTJs respect other strong types and in general all people who can DO, not just do stupid small talks or big talks or whatever.

INTJ also may learn from others and learn a lot, though they do not like to show that.

You will never understand INTJ. Though, I know, you will try to stick a stick into the weel. You are to afraid of independent, fast realibale, quick thinkers, fast doers, ruthless strategists, but caring about the world. You are never able to see the visions of INTJs because you are centuries behind. Medieval versus future.

Gendalf the Grey does not walk around and wipe noses of other idiots. But he supprost his friends and he always goes his own way and his own vision.

This is what imporant - own way and vision.

Though any INTJ may incorporate you into his plan, if he thinks you fit, or it would be cheapest, fastest and most reliable to do something. If you have some unique qualities, that he think are usable. He doubltfully would admit his opinion about you, unless you iritate him, then he can say it directly in your face. INTJ is not afraid of anything. No useless small talks, no white lies.

(Eventlully we learn to do it, otherwise you iditos become too envious of us, which does not bother us, but you also try to stick your small egos and break our plans, this is really annoying).

Fast, efficient, independent, innovative, creative, invenitve, ruthless. This is INTJ.

And actually caring, caring about that everybody lives better, not just some local useless asshole.

And INTJs like beuatiful outgoing girls. They just do not admit it. Girls flock themselve by the way anyway.

About female INTJs - I do not know - poor creatures.
    Where would they find a suitable partner? Only idiots around.

By the way many who write on internet that they are INTJs are actually not.

They are either INTPs or bordelines. Usually they cheat themself. You can see it by reading what they ar talking about.

Like somebody says: I always thought that I am crazy, then I found that I am INTJ.

Idiot.

You are not INTJ, you are pussy emotional type.

INTJ never thinks that he is crazy.

He is the best. He is the best inside and he knows he will show himself sooner or later.

He never doubts in his strengths, though he perfectly knows about his limitations and do not do things, which he can not perfect.

(Actually he does everything that is necessary to do, but he rather avoids things that are too boring, non-challenging and where he can not perfect and be in the top 5%. But if it is necessary for the buisness, he does, he does.)

For example, slim athletic INTJ will never lift weights. He might try it once, but he soon sees own limitaions and sees that the results do nto worth the effrots.

Then he immediatly switch to an area where he can perfect. And he wins.

INTJs try thousands of diffrent thing and they perfect in many of them.

Others are just good, but not the best.

True INTJ think 20 times, says once, do once. It is done in 5 seconds with a click of fingers. The most efficient and relialbe way.

The way that others are astonished about and do not even think off. The way that other are irritated because they are used to use their inneficient clanky ways , beacuse it is "the way we always do" or "boss said so".

F...K you.

INTJ is a boss. For himself. He will follow others stupid ways just to make it work anyhow, but he will not be satisfied. This is why INTJs loose their temper and start to critisize. They understnd that this critisizm is usally useless. What could you explain to a wood?
    Or to a ram.

- Hey ram, I know a better way to do it.

- Be-be, me-me.

End of discussion.

Yet they often can not keep harsh comments inside.

INTJs do not think about your opinion, but they become annoyed.

It is you who are stubbron, not INTJ, because you used to your useless, ridiculous small rules and small talks. Small minds invent small local rules, can not see 2 feets form their noses. But hey are majority and this is why they push their idiocy ahead.

There are very few INTJs. This is why they often do nto succed in socail structures.

Though anyway only 1% of total population - INTJs take 20% of ruling postions. Because they are masterminds and strategists. F...k feelings and emotions. If no INTJs, you would still sit in caves.

They already thought, planned, prepared several yeras ago and ready to act at the the exact time point in split second about majority of imporatnt things and points and details and big plans.

The things you just start to think about now, today with your lazy mind.

- Yeah, maybe we need to worry about this, what do you think Garry, What will we do?.

Yeah, think again.

INTJ already done it it with perfect outcome 5 years ago.

If only INTJs unite, combine....

Two INTJs workign toghter is a greatest force, no one can withstand. No words, no talks.

You just catch a sight and you in a second understnd what the other think, what he feels, in a split second everything is done.

Unfortunately. What INTJ understand in others emotins, he does not usually use or cares.

I undertand when a girl is upset - I asked her to go out in a month, explaining htat we both are now busy. But in a month it will be better.

She starts stupid game - or I am this and that. NAd I see her game all through. And she understands taht

But what really upsets me is taht she is thinking I am gouing to conitnue her gaem, despite I know ath it is a game.

Shut up and follow. I di not ask your opinion. I thought first of all what is most convininet fo us both and what is more efficinet, and I do not hav time to play games or flirt. Emotiogn and touchy feelings are improatnt but not so imporatnt as efficiency.

She will try to play anyway again and again in furture.

But I alredy left, it is enough. Who wants to play this small stupid game?
    Boring.

INTJ hates flirt. Rdiculous, uselles, waste of time.

You are eihter honest or dishonest. Ther is no time gfor game.

But if the girl understands this and follows him, INTJ wil protect her and petit her at his own expence, sacrificing a lot, sometime everything.

No mind game, no flirt.

Flirt is too artificial, too boring

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OOOkaaayy.

Are you going to take over the world?

Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are not INTJ, you are pussy emotional type.

funny guy
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

Default Re: About INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ-real
    The real INTJ (actaully fictional) that I would empathize with is Gaendalf the Grey in the Lord of the Rings. He is labled like this in true way.
    Well, legendary or fictional sages - in Jung's word, "the Old Wise Man" - are mostly described as somewhat parfect, mellow at their parsonalities and behaviors.
    They overcame with their mental sore spots or learned to hide them gracefully, and not proper for goodnesses of a certain type to portray as. They are hoped to embody all types' strengths and created to do so. They may be any type grown mature.

Quote Originally Posted by INTJ-real
    taht
    Hmmm...not in my stupid dictionary...Can you tell me (a poor ixtp - even surrounded by "too foolish to get with" men) what this word mean? It appeared twice, at least, it's too many time for a perfect INTj's typo, so it might have a profound meaning I can never reach alone. Sorry if irritating.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guy was probably drunk when he wrote that. Note how his spelling becomes horrible starting at the part where he talks about girls and their games.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know you guys are too intelligent to let some jerk skew your opinion of INTjs.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl
    I know you guys are too intelligent to let some jerk skew your opinion of INTjs.
    Yea, I read it and still don't like them j/k
    Oh, come on, Steve. And I was just thinking how you were one of the least obnoxious ENTjs on this forum.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Herz, are you good at sports and whatnot, being an Se dominant and all?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Yeah, I took Gymnastics for seven years, and I teach swimming to pre teens, I'm on the swim team, and I like rock climbing and the ropes course. I also like baseball and field hockey, and I'm good at doging things when we play dodgeball in Gym class.

But I suck at basketball because I'm short.
    Herzblut you seem to like every sport that I suck at, lol. Well except for baseball and dodgeball. I'm okay in those. I like field hockey, but I'm not-so-great, heh.

Oh and you don't have to be tall to be good at basketball! I'm short and I made it on a team. But that was a long time ago....
    Ceci n'est pas une eii.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You seem like an unhealthy INTj to me.
    Agreed, a very snobby, unhealthy, possibly drunk, INTJ, with horrible, horrible english skills. lol. Your information you stated is not general to INTJs at all. Just yourself. Please don't use your ignorence as a weapon. It's dangerous. You might hurt one of us poor, weak, pussy-like emotional types.

You know, as efficiant and rational as they are, INTJs show emotion just like everybody else. Weather you believe it or not, I'm sure, at sometime in your life, you did produce tears. Maybe you sealed your eyes shut so they wouldn't show, because you don't feel emotions of coarse, but I garuntee you, weather it was when you came out of your mothers womb, or when your girlfriend broke up with you, at some time in your life, and out of some orphus of your body, you did produce tears.

You know, usually (as an INFP) I would be more cautious of your emotions. Who knows, maybe your suicidal. But I assume not, since you don't feel any emotion. Emotion- thats ridiculous, damn human beings and their emotions. Your just like a rock in my backyard. A really opinionated, smart(hopefully for your sake), rock. You don't feel a single thing. Nope.

Now unlike you, who pretends emotion doesn't exist and runs from his emotions, I embrace them. I'm good with emotions, and it doesn't take an expert to figure this one out, but do you know what caused a lot of your opinions(not facts, might I add, opinions) in that post? Anger. Now, I don't know how you interprit it. Maybe I'm just nuts. Maybe I'm 100%, hands down insane, but the last time I checked anger was an emotion. Your frustration with the world, and with other people- frustration is an emotion. Do you know what causes anger? Often... hurt. Have you been hurt recently, INTJ-"real"? Maybe not. Maybe it's just all the stress in the life of the not-so-inatimite rock. But either way, weather the source was hurt or not, the end result was an emotion.

You contradict yourself constantly.

Now, as an INFP, I may be completely, utterly inefficant. Maybe I'm wrong, but without all us emotional people around, I don't there'd be many people to tolerate all the "tough guys" like yourself(I'm not generizing INTJ's, just the, um.... cough, "real" ones).

Herzblut you seem to like every sport that I suck at, lol.
    It's ok, I suck at them all, lol.