Thread: Dual seeking is -

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Dual seeking is -

what you think it is acceptable to be poor at?
    and is ultimately overcome by making your leading function stronger?

What do you think.
    Dual seeking overrides things... it takes me out of my leading function and makes me weak.
    It makes me feel like "subconsciously seeking this from other people is okay".... when really that's false, and when I am away from the situation, it is blatantly clear. But years of old habits seem to make it my default reaction.

Do you relate?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Creepy-bg

I don't even understand

are you saying it's wrong to seek things from others subconsciously? isn't seeking things from others part of what being human is all about?

(expecting that I'm completely not getting what you've said )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carla
    Suppose I'm at uni with a couple of female friends and a little dog comes up to us. Imagine my friends bending down and saying, "Oh, how cute! What a cute little dog. Oh, isn't he gorgeous. Oh, I love his little pink dog sweater!"

Two things might happen in my mind:
    1. I might want to vomit: the excessive display of cutesy-wutesy love behaviour from my friends makes my TiNe-orientated brain ache .
    2. I look down and think to myself "you know, that is a cute dog", and while I don't go into my own display of cutesy-wutesy behaviour (I do maintain my stone-like behaviour), I have a feeling invoked and flare up inside of me.
    That would be an awful experience anyhow. I mean if I even thought that dog is cute (IMO dogs never are, cats are cute), I would still be expected to display this "cutesy-wutesy behaviour". If I do display it I feel weird doing it, and if I don't I feel weird thinking how I should be acting otherwise.

Sometimes in these kind of situations, when someone expresses this kind of expectations, I start explaining how it actually makes no sense doing that. If not convinced, at least they'd leave me alone with it.

Could this whole situation be connected to instead of ? I mean standing out and doing things according to the social rules while others watch how you behave. PoLR?
    Intuition

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny how how I think of myself as an INTj, but I have no problem talking cute to a loveable puppy dog and lovin him up around people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tov
    Funny how how I think of myself as an INTj, but I have no problem talking cute to a loveable puppy dog and lovin him up around people.
    Do not trust our opinions. I could as well be something else than INTj. I just believe that I'm INTj - that doesn't mean someone else should believe that way.

Edit: Or did you mean that . . . or . . . well, never mind.
    Intuition

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do the whole emotions thing with them because they are so damned cute, at least some of them.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dual seeking is -

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    I wouldn't put it that way... but sorta yes.

It's not acceptable to be without it, however, it's something that I need from another person. I can't supply it for myself and have am shitty at supplying it for others. When I'm in a time of need (lacking someone to fill my dual seeking function), I resort to over use of my leading function because it's really all I can do.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dual seeking is -

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    I get it now. This is precisely the reason I have held on to my "no babies until you've been together for three years" rule.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/