Thread: Personality profiling and work

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Personality profiling and work

A few weeks ago my husband took a personality profile - not Socionics obviously. Well today his office did a STRONG Fe team-building workshop together. His office is ENTp big boss, ISFp middle boss, and then the rest of them are ESFj, ISTp (my husband), ENFp, and INFj.

So the ENTp and the ISFp - the two bosses - put "consistency" (which sounds kind of Fi-ish in the description) as their most hated trait. Guess who had it as their most valued trait? And then they had something that sounded kind of like flexibility and sounded like Ne as a trait they didn't like. Guess who had that listed as a strong value?

Today, they had to do a bunch of Fe type activities like pick up a photo and talk about the feelings the photo gives them and how it relates to their group.

My husband left early. He is really upset. They said that there was no such thing as a bad profile but they aren't acting like that.

I hate that people are using personality tests at work. They assumed the person who values "consistency" (which sounds like Fi) is whiney. And they thought people who are flexible are too "go with the flow"ish and aren't strong enough to stand up to people. They're putting values of "good" and "bad" on people's values - they aren't looking at it in a fair, balanced way. But then I value "consistency" so what do I know? I'm probably just whining.

So my husband didn't do well in this exercise.

Has anyone else had to work with personality profiling at work?
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What function would include this? Maybe I'm wrong in thinking it's Fi.

Consistency: People especially talented in the Consistency theme are keenly aware of the need to treat people the same. They try to treat everyone in the world with consistency by setting up clear rules and adhering to them.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of sounds like giving a group of five year olds a loaded handgun to me...

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    What function would include this? Maybe I'm wrong in thinking it's Fi.

Consistency: People especially talented in the Consistency theme are keenly aware of the need to treat people the same. They try to treat everyone in the world with consistency by setting up clear rules and adhering to them.
    It's not clear, as far as it goes. What kind of "clear rules"? They could be Fe rules or Fi rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    Has anyone else had to work with personality profiling at work?
    Not like this. I have had to deal with plenty of tests in selection processes (the reason why I got into psychological types in the first place) and with team-building exercises (bleagh) and psychological tests, but I never got any feedback on those.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!