Thread: Formal Goodbye

Creepy-male

Default Formal Goodbye

I withered away from this forum some time ago without a chance to say anything before I left. Mainly because of the problems concerned with school and these personalities types. So today I decided to check up on everything out of the blue, and I dunno I was inspired to make this post.

I guess the main purpose was to say sorry for all the arguments I started and the people I aggitated, after seeing many people were still on this forum it brought back nostalga, all of which was surprisingly negative for me and I decided to just make a post to clarify things. First of all I don't think or care if I am ENFp or whatever I was anymore, I was just reacting out of the blue to other things, which some people picked up from my posts in which I tried to disprove this theory. The reason was because orginally I was upset about some of my friends comparing me to an INTj, some of you probably won't understand this (and would prefer to be called an INTj) but it angered me alot and so did the idea of my identity being pigeon-holed into one of 16 types. So this is the main reason if I ever got angry or heated at anyone (if they still remember -- it was like 4/5 months ago).

Also I wanted to make a final impression of all this stuff. Personally in my experience I think this is all just a vessel for the various prejudice of people, I honestly think and/or feel these typologies all have very little objective validity in a rigid scientific sense, nor do I purpose a better model. People can't be ever fully explained in science, I think mainly because people are sentient and concious and have free will. If a person wanted to act like a ISFp they could, if they wanted to act like a ESTj they could. Even if you try to explain that a person may act like an ISFp but they are not sincerely ISFp it wouldn't work, because the core depth of a person's personality isn't something that is defined from birth early on but a construct constantly in the making. In other words, people are what they pursue for themselves, and what people pursue is a result of what inspires the unique individual. Something like is just a means psychologists have devised to describe a brilliantly inclusive mode of behavior. Even something like an ENTj is just a mode of behavior. I think the question people forget to ask in the exploration of personality is not what type is that person but why they are that type, a person's inner personality manifests the behavior we see.

Please don't get defensive about me denouncing personality typology, to me its purely my opinion mainly as a result of the fact I never strongly identified with the INTj personality in any other way than I approached school work like an INTj and occasionally would work through problems that arose in my life strategically and analytically. However what stood about to my friends about me was that I was brilliant and smart and worked hard in school (at least at the time). Also I was very analytical about things and was very aloof around people I didn't know or trust. So its natural I was an INTj in there eyes, but to me I never valued intelligence and analytical skills over my ideals/values. So to me I felt like an NF, and I liked to be around people and socialize but I was always a little self-concious at first, so I thought I was an extrovert. However the whole time I was defend myself one of my friends (not a friend anymore) would mock me and call me an INTj, it extended beyond the debate over personality and into life, everytime I disagreed with him in an argument he'd tell me I was analyizing it to much and I was rationalizing it (because I was a thinker) and that I had no feeling because I wouldn't side with his point of view. He'd also say that I was a complete introvert and people didn't like me because of this and that I should just spend my life analyzing things cause that was all I was good at (in more or less words). Needless to say this upset me and I wasn't friends with the person anymore but the whole dilemma sprung an entire phase of intense self-doubt since I did have alot of mannerism of an INTj. I was aloof around new people and I was fairly intelligent, and enjoyed science and learning new things.

Anyways I don't know if anyone remembers me, but I just wanted to appologize and explain things out.

Peace my Socionists. :wink:

Creepy-bg

sorry to see another go... (and secretly rubbing my hands together going... ahaha another one posts a goodbye message! hehe in a way this is the biggest sign that we've got you and you're here to stay)

anyways... good luck with it! nice knowing you!

TIM
    nil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i remember you because you was the one that help me 'trying' to figure out my type (even if you right now don't find any purpose on socionics)
    Thank you. I i wish you a lot of luck in your life.
    =)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

keep on havin 'em man!
    asd

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    in a way this is the biggest sign that we've got you and you're here to stay)
    Truer than you know, but I don't think Lucid has been here long enough to be trapped.

On that note, Lucid, get the fuck out, and for your own good, stay that way.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tldr