Thread: Teacher, child development

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Teacher, child development

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin/content.php/178-Dual-Nature-of-Man-by-Ausra-Augustinaviciute
    The relationship of identity, as well as for additions are needed to form a stable psyche of children: no one can become a better teacher than an identical, and the best tutor than an individual with a complementary type of infarction. Therefore, in families where parents are complementary to each other, created optimum conditions for the education and socialization of children. Man, one of whose parents had a complementary type of mentality, feel a sense of value and significance for people. He is confident that it - like a child, and throughout their lives - will understand and love - in the future family and work community. He has a more easy-tempered and nervous system more balanced, better socialized. Others, who with their parents 'unlucky', always feel, in some measure, lost, guilty, or unnecessary, they lack the mental immune system, appears brighter aggressiveness (the extroverts) or conformity (the introverts). They often get into situations of conflict, are buried in the neuroses and any chronic disease.
    I wonder if actually if a child is having a class when opposite quadra, like conflictor or mirage, is teaching that would not build the correct foundation the child needs to futher develop in that subject until they learn the one that can be used in their quadra. But a child who got lucky enough to pull the attention of a same-type or dual to put them under their wings and teach them stuff it will speed up the development of this child.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1553 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

My son is SLI, and he had a grade-school teacher whom he really, really liked. She was his favorite teacher, by far. He blossomed under her, and she in turn thought he was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Smart, talented, sensible, etc., etc. His self-confidence took a huge leap forward that year.
    I recently ran into her while shopping and mentioned that I was divorced and looking. She said she herself had gotten remarried after a long search. I asked her if she had used Myers-Briggs to filter candidates, and if so, which type was she? She said she had tried every method of dating, but the Myers-Briggs thing didn't point toward any particular match. However, she did know what type she is. She is ENFP (IEE).

Dual to my son.

Apparently, this duality stuff works across ages.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    699 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post

Apparently, this duality stuff works across ages.
    Yes that's why you can marry a dual of any age (lawfully) and still be happy
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Israel Capitan View Post
    I wonder if actually if a child is having a class when opposite quadra, like conflictor or mirage
    mirage is not opposite quadra
    I had teachers from opposite quadra. There were no problems for studing caused by their personality. Teacher needs to know good his work. It's not personal relations where IR are important. Some teachers were better, some worse. To don't think that were not serious lessons, among best school teachers I had: in mathematics - INFP woman, in physics - ENFJ woman.
    It's not hard to give, at least primitive school program, excellently after several years of teaching the same - when a teacher respects his work and children whom he teachs. And when he has normal possibilities to teach - discipline methods, checking of progress in studies, marks, etc - what Soviet and 1950s USA schools had, and I heard is destroing now in modern schools with lowering of knowledge levels.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    mirage is not opposite quadra
    I had teachers from opposite quadra. There were no problems for studing caused by their personality. Teacher needs to know good his work. It's not personal relations where IR are important. Some teachers were better, some worse. To don't think that were not serious lessons, among best school teachers I had: in mathematics - INFP woman, in physics - ENFJ woman.
    It's not hard to give, at least primitive school program, excellently after several years of teaching the same - when a teacher respects his work and children whom he teachs. And when he has normal possibilities to teach - discipline methods, checking of progress in studies, marks, etc - what Soviet and 1950s USA schools had, and I heard is destroing now in modern schools with lowering of knowledge levels.
    It was suppose to be extinguishment. My bad.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Israel Capitan View Post
    I wonder if actually if a child is having a class when opposite quadra, like conflictor or mirage, is teaching that would not build the correct foundation the child needs to futher develop in that subject until they learn the one that can be used in their quadra. But a child who got lucky enough to pull the attention of a same-type or dual to put them under their wings and teach them stuff it will speed up the development of this child.
    It's quite likely that the situation could be detrimental to the child also. There is a power relationship between students and teachers and a student who is at the mercy of a conflicting teacher might feel devalued or misunderstood and feel like there is nothing they can do about it unless they want to be punished with bad grades or worse. I've had this experience, that feeling that no matter what you say or do, it's somehow going to be seen in a negative light or misconstrued somehow. I do much better with certain types of people, people who are probably in my quadra and naturally add support to my strengths and buttress my weaknesses.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It takes a village to raise a child.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    It takes a village to raise a child.
    That is true. There are different schools of thought depending where you are in the world. Some believes the child have to be protected at very young age from new people and some believes you should bring the baby to the city and let it interact as much as possible.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, I think its very rare that a lone group of parents(single or together) are capable of raising a child well enough that they in turn, are not going to actively fuck up their own children in the future, when they raise them.

If you don't have your HA in someone consistently apart of life's ego block, during your developmental years, that's absolutely going to stunt confidence and marginalize the creative. An identity and Dual Parent is probably awesome, everything valued is encouraged and you get to learn identity tricks of the trade that will make sense as you get older, but that's 1/256. Everybody else is going to have a group of parents that marginalizes something, and thus that's what I think is the real nugget of gold behind the "it takes a family" quote.

There are things that kids need around them, and its unlikely 1 or 2 people can hit the full quota.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if we had classes with alpha, beta, gamma or delta values. And you can pick the one you enjoy the most etc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    What if we had classes with alpha, beta, gamma or delta values. And you can pick the one you enjoy the most etc.
    While real life needs all 8 functions to survive and hence training in them, at least basic.