TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Now if we react this way, with a huge press conference, the president showing up, blah blah --- for EVERY death that took place, that might put things in a more feasible perspective.

At least that final speaker/writer person alluded to a larger scale, mentioning other troubles all over the world.

Why are American lives more noteworthy than those in other places?
    Imagine if we had to go through all this coverage for every american that died? God for bid we did that thing for other countries. Lets instead pat ourselves on the back, hand the VTech kids another tissue, and wonder what's become of our once great land.

And now the VTech kids don't have school until monday - only in America. Unfortunately that won't make getting sued any less expensive.
    you gotta be kidding me.
    Yeah, I agree. Pretty idiotic post.

I think someone listens to liberal arts girls at college a little too much.

Exits, pursued by a bear. Animal's Avatar
    TIM
    It sneaks up on you
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They aren't. They're just more noteworthy to Americans (and pseudo-Americans - e.g., the British). It's human nature. The 165 daily civilian casualties in Iraq mean nothing to us here. They are a significant, tragic fact of life for the people of that country, though. (Not that I'm trying to trivialize of the VT shootings. The fact that even ONE innocent person was robbed of the rest of their life is tragic.)
    "How could we forget those ancient myths that stand at the beginning of all races, the myths about dragons that at the last moment are transformed into princesses? Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are princesses who are only waiting to see us act, just once, with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything that frightens us is, in its deepest essence, something helpless that wants our love."
    -- Rainer Maria Rilke, Letters to a Young Poet

Creepy-bg

I don't get why people are so surprised, this is the country we live in. People like to freak out with guns here... get used to it.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

forget it
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Baby
    They aren't. They're just more noteworthy to Americans (and pseudo-Americans - e.g., the British). It's human nature. The 165 daily civilian casualties in Iraq mean nothing to us here. They are a significant, tragic fact of life for the people of that country, though. (Not that I'm trying to trivialize of the VT shootings. The fact that even ONE innocent person was robbed of the rest of their life is tragic.)
    Not the point of my post.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate when things like this happens because you automatically hear "he was a loner, never really talked much" or things like that. Makes me paranoid people will start to think I'll start shooting them up.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessica129
    I hate when things like this happens because you automatically hear "he was a loner, never really talked much" or things like that. Makes me paranoid people will start to think I'll start shooting them up.
    Yeah. The media seems to enjoy using introversion as an excuse to deviant behavior. They usually jump upon the chance to emphasize such personality traits to sensationalize the whole issue and equate introversion as an unhealthy preference.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes me afraid that people might be feeling out my next move...

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My assessment is that the kid (Cho) was INTp. A really reclusive, loner INTp. This probably means he was a schizoid.

I think we should be on the lookout for pathological people of all types. When you walk up to somebody and say "hi", and they don't say "hi" back or at least give you a passing glance (with attendent body language that they are busy) then it's usually a sign that said person is pathological.

INTps are a reclusive lot, but they have hidden agenda. If they are healthy, they want to love others and will jump at the chance for meaningful relationships. (more opportunity to love) If they are pathological, then they want to hate and will find excuses to hate. (like this kid did)

Off topic: I'd to draw the attention of the conservatives and liberals on this forum to the exchanges between UDP, Baby, etc. and Bionicgoat, Discojoe, etc. A classic exchange of reform vs. traditionalism. I could believe Cho was an anarchist reformer, given how much he hated "rich kids".

Cho hating the rich is little different from ****** hating the Jews: calling an ideology by the color of a vulnerable social group. For ******, the Jews were the liberals; for Cho, the rich were the traditionalists.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

zzzzzzz

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TCaud, your assessment of what? The excerpts from his plays? Fucking shove the typings and analysis on this issue up your ass, mmk?
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel this way as well. I have never really understood what is really bad about being a loner if you are psychologically alright and just enjoy your own company a lot.
    Socionics: XNFx
    MBTI: INFJ

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/18/vtech.shooting/

And TIME:
    http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...te-cnn-partner

Mystic Sonic: shut your trap. If you're really an INTj, then by god act like it. So people are emotional. That's why INTjs and ISTjs exist: to give this world structure.

There is no reason to be afraid of being looked at as a threat by others. We are instinctually aware of who pathological types are. disdains hysteria.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TCaud: as an INTj, you should understand the implications of your writing and also understand that ideas that could be inferred from it are dangerous, and since people seem(I'm not really sure, I'm not around here enough to tell for sure) to be taking you more seriously, it would be wise to heed what you say and not jump to such far conclusions.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    Mystic Sonic: shut your trap. If you're really an INTj, then by god act like it. So people are emotional. That's why INTjs and ISTjs exist: to give this world structure.

There is no reason to be afraid of being looked at as a threat by others. We are instinctually aware of who pathological types are. disdains hysteria.
    what?

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    TCaud: as an INTj, you should understand the implications of your writing and also understand that ideas that could be inferred from it are dangerous, and since people seem(I'm not really sure, I'm not around here enough to tell for sure) to be taking you more seriously, it would be wise to heed what you say and not jump to such far conclusions.
    A dangerous idea...!?!??!?! People who are pathological (read: evil) will seek always seek out opportunities to put good ideas to work for malicious purposes. It is not for us to judge the ways an idea can create disaster, but rather to guard ourselves against the possibility of disaster itself.

By understanding how this disaster took place psychologically, we can take precautions against futher psychological outbreaks. What is the difference between what happened here, and Hilter's persecution of the Jews? Of Saddam's persecution of the Kurds? Hate by hateful people directed at social subcultures.

There are far too many introverts in the world for a crackdown on introversion as a rule to be successful. (and duality posits its impossibility, anyhow) And I should note, it is my long-term desire to somehow segment off the pathological element (psychopathology experts put it at ~6%) from the rest of society by means of institutional change.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe your ENFj side is causing the drama, tcau?

Unfortunately even if you do not intend for it, there are flares mounting up. It is easy for me to get that way as well.

Dispassion is a virtue for LIIs... otherwise their logic and reasonings are tainted.

Creepy-bg

There are far too many introverts in the world for a crackdown on introversion as a rule to be successful. (and duality posits its impossibility, anyhow) And I should note, it is my long-term desire to somehow segment off the pathological element (psychopathology experts put it at ~6%) from the rest of society by means of institutional change.
    the "pathological" are already segmented off through social forces and thrown away by society... that's usually how they became "pathological" (as in they start off just being different or with poor social skills but through the isolation imposed upon them they become pathological). your idea does nothing for them except doom them to further isolation and hatred of the society that created them. Of course this is understandable if you care nothing for those who are too different or suffering in psychological pain for the sake of the beast that is society as a whole
    (how's that for Ted Kazinski thinking? :wink: )

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MysticSonic
    A dangerous idea...!?!??!?! People who are pathological (read: evil) will seek always seek out opportunities to put good ideas to work for malicious purposes. It is not for us to judge the ways an idea can create disaster, but rather to guard ourselves against the possibility of disaster itself.

By understanding how this disaster took place psychologically, we can take precautions against futher psychological outbreaks. What is the difference between what happened here, and Hilter's persecution of the Jews? Of Saddam's persecution of the Kurds? Hate by hateful people directed at social subcultures.

So in order to avoid disaster society has to manage itself? Gosh, what would we do without you tcaudilllg?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

is there video of this online?

i was watching the columbine video online and wanted to see this one too

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's his manifesto: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070419/..._killer_speaks

Video is located in the side-bar.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    the "pathological" are already segmented off through social forces and thrown away by society... that's usually how they became "pathological" (as in they start off just being different or with poor social skills but through the isolation imposed upon them they become pathological). your idea does nothing for them except doom them to further isolation and hatred of the society that created them. Of course this is understandable if you care nothing for those who are too different or suffering in psychological pain for the sake of the beast that is society as a whole
    (how's that for Ted Kazinski thinking? :wink: )
    Not quite... there is a reason that pathlogical people think "people wouldn't want to know the real me".... Pathological people are initially transcendent: they desire the subjugation or elimination of everything not like them.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who said that pathological people didn't get along? I think we are dealing with pathological people in the wrong way: we think we should punish them, to make them think about what they have done. They never think about anything: their instincts tell them what to think, what to feel, what to sense, and even what possibilities they should consider. The public as a whole is ill-suited to comprehend pathological motive, and from an evolutionary standpoint that is OK. But I am not alone in thinking that our approach to confronting the problem of psychopathology is flawed, even insufficient, and when it comes to how to manage these people we should leave it to the professionals, and keep politics out of how we deal with them.

One sign of progress is evident in Ohio, where the governor -- a former prison psychiatrist -- has suspended the death penalty. Let's continue on this path, and begin creating opportunities for the criminally insane in prison itself, perhaps even allowing prisoners to date other prisoners. (provided that they overwhelmingly fail psychological evaluation, and by a margin that it is beyond dispute that they are pathological) This may seem counter-productive, but consider what it would mean for the troublemakers to all of a sudden "vanish" from society: we do not know what that would mean, because we have never experienced it on a large scale. But do you think there might be something we can learn of the communal communities of the world in which pathological people have no place? There is great opportunity for research on these subjects.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    I hereby nominate tcaudilllg as the first subject of his proposed plan for dealing with the pathological.
    That's a very serious accusation. I'm not taking it lightly.

Creepy-Diana

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*slips Diana a pair of wire cutters*
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be too cocky... that wire may be made of some unexpected stuff.

Creepy-Diana

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd like to say that I could easily believe a person's argument that Diana is herself a pathological type.

Creepy-Diana

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Damn these loners doing such heinious crimes - I think they should be isolated from the community so they can't harm people, or forced to join in with society against their will or something. Also, more liberal gun laws will mean that people are better able to defend themselves from other people with guns.

Creepy-bg

the more they call the guy "evil" the more I feel sorry for him. he was sick, shunned, and bullied into becoming what he became.... not "evil" for Christ sakes.

IMO everybody on this Earth deserves some sympathy no matter what they've done...

I like SubT's idea of "forcing" them into society. I think that would be the most humane and effective way to actually help people like that guy. However there's the problem of determining when a person is in need of being "forced" into society and when a person should be allowed to do their own thing by themselves. We need some of those people that lived in the big bath tub from Minority Report I guess for that part precogs I think they called them in the movie...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12