Thread: Utada Hikaru

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Utada Hikaru

<333 Hikaru! I couldn't describe how much admiration I have for her since she first entered the music scene.

Her own words
    *"It's a bit confusing being a young girl, because my taste in music and what I do is more like a 35-year-old guy. Sometimes, I feel as though I'm caught in this girl's body and I like, 'No! I want to be Trent Reznor.'"
    *Though she abandoned biology studies at Columbia, Hikaru has a bookish approach to her music: "The same parts of my brain get as excited as when I study bio or read a novel and write a paper on it. You begin with a thesis, take through the next paragraph, bring it to a conclusion."
    *Trying her luck at a whole new market [she's trying to enter the US market] is a nerve-racking affair: "It's frightening to think 'Oh my God, no one is going to like it, no one is going to hear it," she says of her eclectic sound. "I just want people to see that I do my own stuff, that I'm not stupid, and I can make fun of myself."
    *When creatively blocked, Hikaru takes baths or tries yoga or Pilates at home: "I don't like going to the gym because I don't like being with people I don't know in that intense environment. That's like telling someone to do squats on the train."
    *Of marrying young [she married to her video director who is 15 years her senior when she was 19, but they have recently been divorced.]: "I figure no matter how old you are, it's always going to be your first marriage and no life experience is going to make you a better judge of who you should marry."
    *"Being a foreigner is kind of like being a permanent outsider when you go to a new place."
    *Mobbed in Japan, she relishes anonymity in America. "I can never really enjoy being famous," she says. "So when I can just take a walk and go grocery shopping in New York, it takes a huge load off my back and I feel great. I feel human again, almost."
    *Like her mother (who was also a famous singer), Hikaru plans to retire young—as early as 28—and perhaps pursue neuroscience. "I kind of see myself in a white coat in a lab, working till late evening in front of test tubes," she says.
    *Hobbies:
    - Literature will always be my thing. Books are assets to be treasured - I keep every book I read, and they now take up more space than my clothes.
    - Hot and spicy seasonings and condiments
    - Snapping pictures, without warning, of friends when they're having hungovers or snoozing.
    - Late-night web-crawling. I learned of a few cool sites from an EMI recording engineer ---Modern Living and otogaiworld are definitely worth checking out, especially in the wee hours.

*Specialties: "Touch typing, Tetris, biting the bullet, reading minds, moving just the smallest toe of my left foot, full leg splits and other instances of flexibility."
    *Dream: "Become a writer (I picked my pseudonym a long time ago), open a small bookshop and become a clerk there, work part-time at a cafe"
    *Favorite words and sayings:
    Kinomi kinomama (with only the clothes one happens to be wearing, with the barest necessities), Shogyo mujo (all is vanity), Fuyukai da kaeru! ("I am not liking this and I'm goin' home!"), munya munya, "I will not play at tug o' war. I'd rather play at hug o' war ...." - Shel Silverstein

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

English interview
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB5DFel8-Ag[/youtube]
    English interview with MTV China
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHUDpdqIODU[/youtube]
    English interview with MTV Korea
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUAwWNfhu38[/youtube]

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a pretty superficial typing, but she seems like an intuitive IEI to me. i think she's clearly NF. beyond that, she seems pretty focused on expressing her individual and unique experience of how the world acually is, the exactitude of which i think is an theme of Ni dominance. talks a lot about the situations she's placed in and the emotional reactions of others. pretty expressive in that last video.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Utada Hikaru

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    moving just the smallest toe of my left foot
    i'm not ready to suggest this has anything to do with socionics, but, as bizarre as it may be, i can do this too (with both feet), i know another ILI guy who can do it, and nobody else that i know professes to have this ability.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reminds me of an IEI I know.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with niffy. She's totally NF, Ni dominant and INFp. I don't know much about her, but right now (after seeing 2 interviews), I can't imagine what other type she could be. She's too NF to be ISFp and she's too IP to be ENFp.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oops took too long to respond

i felt similar to her from interviews a few years ago. Seems to have Ti preference from my longtime impression.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, INFp sounds good. Definitely seems merry-intuitive-questioner from the interview.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok......I initially thought she was Delta NF 'cos I feel that her outlook in life reminded me of myself. I find her mature (not implying that INFps are immature) for her age and she didn't seem to like attention at all, unlike INFps who are introverted but attention seeking in a subtle way. Her interest in neuroscience and dressed in a white lab coat and working in front of test tubes till evening seem to indicate a Si preference. She also appears kind of extraverted when she speaks. The songs she had composed give out a typical Delta mood and the lyrics she had written wrote are rather Fi-oriented imo. For example:
    Hikaru singing "First Love" [with English subtitles] (Really beautiful song. )
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j6evHY39O4[/youtube]
    "Hikari" [with English subtitles]
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=642syLMYpEA[/youtube]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    English interview with MTV China
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHUDpdqIODU[/youtube]
    Creepy. Didn't watch it with the sound on, but I have very similar mannerisms.
    Quote Originally Posted by Logos
    Holy mud-wrestling bipolar donkeys, Batman!

Retired from posting and drawing Social Security. E-mail or PM to contact.

I pity your souls

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok......I initially thought she was Delta NF 'cos I feel that her outlook in life reminded me of myself. I find her mature (not implying that INFps are immature) for her age and she didn't seem to like attention at all, unlike INFps who are introverted but attention seeking in a subtle way.
    The songs she had composed give out a typical Delta mood and the lyrics she had written wrote are rather Fi-oriented imo.
    you should take a long hard look at IEI as your own type.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    ok......I initially thought she was Delta NF 'cos I feel that her outlook in life reminded me of myself. I find her mature (not implying that INFps are immature) for her age and she didn't seem to like attention at all, unlike INFps who are introverted but attention seeking in a subtle way.
    The songs she had composed give out a typical Delta mood and the lyrics she had written wrote are rather Fi-oriented imo.
    Yeah.

In fact, the lyrics at 4:56 of Hikari - about not reading too far into the future - are what one INFp commented about recently, in regard to my plans for the future. Or maybe it was an ENFj. "The future's so far ahead of us, even I don't know what will happen".
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Yeah.

In fact, the lyrics at 4:56 of Hikari - about not reading too far into the future - are what one INFp commented about recently, in regard to my plans for the future. Or maybe it was an ENFj. "The future's so far ahead of us, even I don't know what will happen".
    I guess INFp is more likely to be her type then. On a side note, Ne is also a possiblity to describe the bolded part: the future is so far ahead and you don't know what will happen 'cos there are many possibilities how things will turn out eventually.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Utada Hikaru

coming across this vid makes me think shes INTj or some other type that does not have Se in an activating sort of position. Seems to be self referential and stationary in her thinking and motivations.