Thread: Delta and laziness and unproductivity

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Delta and laziness and unproductivity

Laziness= seeking?

I can be very indulgent in a comfortble setting to the extent that I get sucked in and refuse to change such as watching a lot of TV at one go, listening to music for hours, been infront of the computer for an extended period of time, exercising in the gym for 3 hours, going for long leisure walks by myself, window shopping for the whole day, reading in the library for hours, having small talks with a friend, just lying around doing nothing etc. (yeah, you get what I meant). I seem to love to enjoy the moment, to the extent that I couldn't care less about the consequences of my actions (due to lack of Ni?). For instance, my college finals will be commencing in one week's time, but I don't feel the pressure to study right now. It's always till the last minute (like a day or two before the paper?) then I feel the urgency to study. (I guess it helps that I attended nearly all my classes.)

I seem to love to enjoy the moment, to the extent that I couldn't care less about the consequences of my actions .
    ->It has made me rather unproductive and I find it hard to introduce new changes in my life. I have tried to make my life more productive and I was too idealistic in doing so. I guessed I relied too much on my Ne. For example, I signed up for a lot of new classes such as enrichment classes (kickboxing classes, language classes etc.) and I was very exctied about starting them, but I almost always never follow through them and tend to drop out halfway. It kind of bothers me that I find it hard to accomplish much in a day and I even feel stressed out when there are a lot of duties and responsibilities going on at the same time. So I strive to make them fun, enjoyable and comfortable eg. listening to music while studying, watching TV while doing my homework etc. I accomplish much more as compared to when I tackle the task head-on without any distraction (lack of Se). Listening to music is like an emotional clutch for me. I must listen to soothing music in the background while working or else I will procrastinate and walk around without getting any real work done.

I wonder if other Deltas have the same experience as I do.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Delta and laziness and unproductivity

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    Laziness= seeking?

I can be very indulgent in a comfortble setting to the extent that I get sucked in and refuse to change such as watching a lot of TV at one go, listening to music for hours, been infront of the computer for an extended period of time, exercising in the gym for 3 hours, going for long leisure walks by myself, window shopping for the whole day, reading in the library for hours, having small talks with a friend, just lying around doing nothing etc. (yeah, you get what I meant). I seem to love to enjoy the moment, to the extent that I couldn't care less about the consequences of my actions (due to lack of Ni?). For instance, my college finals will be commencing in one week's time, but I don't feel the pressure to study right now. It's always till the last minute (like a day or two before the paper?) then I feel the urgency to study. (I guess it helps that I attended nearly all my classes.)
    It's not due to lack of Ni cuz I apparently have Ni and I also have an exam in 6 hours and i haven't even finished reading over the all the notes yet.... and considering that I haven't went to this class since january I should probably get on top of that! lol
    INFp-Ni

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My exam is due in less than 24 hours but here I am wasting time. *glorious*

It's too late for regrets and jitteries anyway . Worse comes to worst, there is always that "repeat" (though I never want to repeat any course )

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delta, or at least the perceptive half of delta, is all about enjoyment;

it's all about Love, Peace, and Joy.

*bounce*

Our dream is to live in a world where there is nothing to do but enjoy ourselves in as many ways as possible.

(btw my test was 5 hours ago and I haven't finished studying yet )
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt consider myself lazy but I do procrastinate alot. I do alot of things at the last minute. This really becomes a problem when I have to get other people to cooperate with me. Then its very inconsiderate so I try not spring things on them at the last minute. Still it happens from time to time . Television and computers are the worse thing esp. this computer. It can obsorb inordiante amounts of time when I should be doing other important activities. I like to spend at least a few hours a day in my room, spaced out, dreaming about anything that interest me or reading.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My house is clean. My family is well taken care of. I'm fairly lazy but I do make sure the things I need to take care of are taken care of. Where my laziness would show up is the fact that I'm happy keeping things as they are and I feel no need to improve anything. Things are good and I don't see why I should exert any effort whatsoever on improvement.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    I wouldnt consider myself lazy but I do procrastinate alot.
    The same can be said about me to some extent. When it comes to work, I don't procrastinate and consider myself a very proactive person but if there's something I need to take care of at home etc... I am bad for procrastinating.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cracka
    Quote Originally Posted by Topaz
    I wouldnt consider myself lazy but I do procrastinate alot.
    The same can be said about me to some extent. When it comes to work, I don't procrastinate and consider myself a very proactive person but if there's something I need to take care of at home etc... I am bad for procrastinating.
    I dont think Ive ever met a truely lazy LSE. It almost an oxymoron. Most of them can do more in an hour or two what takes me a day. One of my best jobs was working along side this one LSE. He was so awesome. I did my best to keep him in a good mood and laughing so I could benefit from his industriousness.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

enjio, what does your name mean really? how did you derive it.

It sounds very weird and unique.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade
    enjio, what does your name mean really? how did you derive it.

It sounds very weird and unique.
    B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, and ENJIO was his name Oh!

Topaz

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. I've nothing else to say to that
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs: