Thread: Genetics and genetic inheritance of type

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Genetics and genetic inheritance of type

I wonder if there is a direct correlation between different types and the offspring they produce?

For example...

INFJ + ESTJ = increased chance of _ decreased chance of _ etc etc...

just a thought....
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've thought about this before, icepick. My family is weird - one sensing parent, one intuitive parent, 3 intuitive offspring. I bet there's no rhyme or reason to it.
    Entp
    ILE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that genetics has a role in determining personality, but I wouldn't dare to guess how the whole thing works. My parents are both introverts and I am an extrovert. My brother is too, but I think my sister is an introvert. I've been thinking about my sister lately, wondering what type she is. hmmmmmmm
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Grandmother [mother's side] is an ISFp and my mother is an ISFp
    My Grandfather [mother's side] is an ENTp and I am an ENTp

My sister is an ENFj, and My father is an ISTj ...

My Grandmother [Father's side] is an ISTJ .... I am not totally sure what my other Grandfather's type is.

I just think that that is a weird coincidence in my family ...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grandmother on my mother's side is an ENFj.

My grandfather on my mother's side is an INFj.

My mother is an ESFj.

My father(Step father) is an ISFj.

My other grandparents and my father are either deceased or I have had very little contact with them.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This may sound bad but it would be really cool if my son ended up being the same type as me. We'd have so much fun! LOL, I'm sure we will either way. I know that he has a non-conforming mind. I want to teach him how to use it as a strength rather than a weakness.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Sister's Alpha.

My Mom's Beta.

My Dad's Gamma.

I'm Delta.

We have 2 Es, 2 Is, 2 Ts, 2 Fs, 2 Ss, 2 Ns, 2 Js, and 2 Ps.

Correlation? No.

Whatever type you turn out to be seems completely random, probably by which of Daddies sperm is the fastest to reach Mommies egg.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Yeah, my dad and I are both ESTps. It's awesome, because I almost rarely get into fights or disagreements with him.
    My father is ISTj...no matter he's my quasi-identical or benefactor, he can always easily be irritated by me.

His elder brother (my uncle) seems ISTp. Father often complains about a monkey bike Uncle borrowed, broke and deserted when he talks about his bikes.
    His father (my grandfather) does too. He loves meat because he could only eat vegetables during the war, so Father loves vegetables getting bored of meat. Smells quasi!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gs, ... thats a lot of INFPs... you families taking them all, no wonder I've never met another!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahah Harry the internet is soooooooooooo full of INFps I'm sick of them already and in RL too at least around me. Just join random IRC channel on some major IRC network and I bet that 10% ot the people on tha chan are INFps.

Back to the topic: I think there is definitely some kind of correlation I've seen too many dual pairs with children with inherited types.
    http://forum.socionix.com

I don't see what's so important about the possibility of extraterrestrial life. It's just more people to declare war on.

EVERYONE PLZ CONTINUE TO UPLOAD INFINITE AMOUNT OF PICS OF "CUTE" CATS AND PUPPIES. YOU KNOW WE GIVE A SHIT!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to this book I'm reading, NPs have what it calls the Edison trait, and it is hereditary. Great Book so far, BTW!
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, well yah, the internet... we crowd the internet! But not so much on real life... It's pretty crazy to see that many in one family.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Yeah, my dad and I are both ESTps. It's awesome, because I almost rarely get into fights or disagreements with him.
    That sounds great. Conflicts suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    According to this book I'm reading, NPs have what it calls the Edison trait, and it is hereditary. Great Book so far, BTW!
    Edison was SP, so that doesn't make much sense. All P types are like that. It's because we are right-brained. And it's not hereditary, that's a fabrication, it's random (about half the people in the world have this anyways).

I read throught that link, and it sounds pretty much like a Sensory-logical Intratim to me. In fact, it sounds just like me.

DISCOVERERS
    Discoverers are Edison-trait adventurers who must blaze their own trail. They are high-spirited and have to see "what would happen if . . ." They are spontaneous and they must do things their own way.

Discoverers are multi-sensory, usually with a strong preference for visual input. This is a child who craves, and often creates, the stimulation of power, surprise, or diversity. He wants to explore his own ideas and express his own opinions. He wants life to keep him interested. If he does not find people stimulating, he will stimulate them, usually by provoking laughter or anger.

Discoverers like to live in the moment, without giving too much mind to what will happen in the future. Typically, they are not planners. Discoverers live with the attitude that they'll discover what's going to happen when it happens. That's what makes life interesting.

When a Discoverer is on the trail of an idea or project of his own, he feels a sense of urgency or impatience. During these times the Discoverer may "hyperfocus." He pays attention to what he is doing with an unusual degree of intensity and to the exclusion of all else. Discoverers also "multitask." Multitasking means doing more than one thing at a time. Dreamers and Dynamos hyperfocus and multitask, too. But Discoverers do it more.
    ^^ Si.

Lives on His Own Schedule
    Time passes slowly for this child when he is not engaged in an activity of interest. Otherwise, watch out! When an Edison-trait child works on a project of his choosing, he is dedicated and determined.
    ^^ Si.

Has a Mind That Is Holistic
    The Edison-trait child notices and reacts to things from any and all directions, so he is likely to have a global sense of places he has been. Take this child to the shopping mall and he'll probably be able to lead you back to your parked car.
    ^^ Si.

Hyperfocuses and Persists
    When the Edison-trait child is intrinsically motivated, he has formidable mental power. If he is working on a project that is his own brainstorm, he is determined, tenacious, and persevering. As if by magic, he can work for hours involved in what he is doing. He finds ways to overcome barriers; his passion sees him through. In matters of his own choosing, he has inner direction and resolve.
    ^^ Si.

And so on.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S-types get many sorts of "intuitive" impression that might be considered right-brained, although such intuitions are of a different sort than the one's inuitives perceive, as they're in regard to their own functiosn data. An example of a type that's largely right-brained as well as sensoristic is the ESFp.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    i don't think that's , nor will i ever believe that S types are very r-brained.

it's like rmcnew pointed out with the whole divergent learning thing. that's r-brained.
    Right-brained and percieving, and sensing is a percieving function.

I don't know if you are still living in MBTI land, implied, but you shouldn't have such a choke hold on the real world; it's a good world and should should try and visit it sometime.

You seem to be making ASSUMPTIONS and "SHOULD'VES", but this don't always work out. You see, a lot of people wouldn't have even thought it was possible for a giant metal tube to take human beings all the way to the MOON and back, but it happened. It may not make a lot of sense, and maybe someone thought that "shouldn't" have happened, but assumptions don't matter.

Maybe you should try and consider actual Si types and whether or not they are right-brained. Do your homework before you say you will never believe something, honey.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Henry Ford wanted to get an unbreakable glass for his new models, he wouldn’t see any of the experts. They knew too many reasons why it couldn’t be done. He said “Bring me eager young fellows who do not know the reasons why unbreakable glass cannot be made. Give this problem to those who think nothing is impossible.” He got unbreakable glass. –Wm Danforth
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I'm thrilled. I'vd had this dream of traveling the world with him teaching him about investing and encouraging him to seek his own path and reach for his goals.

If he never gets into the business stuff, that's okay. LOL, when he was a baby barely walking I had this picture of him snowboarding or or skate boarding or playing rugby or hockey as a teen or getting into some extreme sport. I want to encourage him to avoid things that risk taking hits to the head, though. The brain is a very fragile thing!

He said the funniest thing a couple of months ago. I had snapped at him about something, and I apologized to him right away and told him that I was just frustrated. Then I asked him if he knows what "frustrated" means, and he said, "Yeah. It's when you're all stretched out." LOL
    SEE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My grandpa on my mom side might be an evil but funny ISTP.

Most of my relatives on my mom side are ISXP' but have about 3-4ENFP's.

I don't even know my dad side of the family.

My brother ENFP
    My other brother and ISTP
    Me ISFP
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol

did i hit your polr
    Fe? No, I just like to straighten people out when they seem to be way off.

btw i do adore esfps and estps and all the S types. way too much. they are creative in their own ways and really charming sometimes. i just don't really see them as right brained because right brainers ideas don't typically "make sense" to most S types.
    Again, you're basing this off of nothing and it's not true. Sorry.

your kid is a definite entp imo. i think most ppl like that are so /un/aware of their physical surroundings (in a weird way) that in the end, out of total curiosity, they wind up being way more aware.
    Umm, no. That's Si. The find your way back to the car thing in that Edison link is a good example of this. My parents (both intuitive) have always relied on me for things like that. They have a crap memory for that. My Mom says I make her look stupid because she always has to ask.

BTW implied, why do you think they define SP types as right-brained and NJ types as left-brained at BrainTypes.com? Why is it that SP types have the movements of a r-b but SJ types that of a l-b? Why do NP types seem to be r-b, but NJ types l-b?

It's because irrational people (as in S and N) and more right-brained dominant and rational people use their left brain. You made assumptions again that you just don't think any sensor SHOULD be right brained, but you have no real reason or real life examples that would support that.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.geocities.com/player2000g..._functions.htm

^^ If you want another opinion, from a diffrent angle, that "proves" that irrational is right and rational is left.

And I think about half the population is right brained. I also think we are split between E/I evenly.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh lord rocky it's one website you're basing this on. that's hardly empirical.

go do some serious research on this stuff.
    ISTJ= empirical. :wink:

And what serious reseach have YOU done impied? I think you are living in a distorted world of should 'avs again. I agree with Herzblut that I have observed rational=left and irrational=right. They are pretty much the same thing. Even look at the descriptions of the two; identical.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I admire Jefferson too and I think he was a left-brained INTJ.

I admired my history teacher because he seemed like a very intelligent and friendly Logical-intuitive Extratim (left-brained again).

Now you're making assumptions about ME.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that you got me on Edison...

Just so you know, I'm not the only one to type him as SLI. (So you don't think it is some obsession I have with Edison or someting).

http://www.socioniko.net/en/1.1.types/index-type.html

And I'd also like to share a story about Edison that you haven't heard before. It was written by Ty Cobb (another SLI ) in his autobiography "My Life in Basebll" on pages 183-184.

Great men of science seem to be fascinated by baseball. One 1927 day while the Philadelphia A’s were in spring training at Fort Myers, Florida, we were invited to tour the laboratories of Thomas A. Edison. The old gentleman was celebrating his eightieth year on earth.

After showing us some fascinating experiments with rubber and vegetables that he was conducting he said to me: Mr. Cobb, you are involved in a very exact science. I wish I knew more about it. I couldn’t very well invite Mr. Edison to grab a shillelagh and step into the batting cage for a workout, but one of those Athletics’ press agents hatched a bright idea. For a publicity shot, Mr. Edison would stand at bat while I served him up a pitch. Edison agreed with alacrity.

At the park, Edison watched closely while we ran through batting practice. Then, while the cameramen got set, Edison selected a bat and slowly walked to the plate. Mr. Connie Mack was the catcher. Now, I’m certain as a man can be the Edison hadn’t held a bat in his hand in fifty years, if ever. And he was a very old man. So my first pitch was right over the plate and without anything in it. Yet the pitch was moving with enough speed to require good timing, and it also described a bit of a parabolic arch.

Something went past my head with a whissst! I didn’t have time to blink.

Tom Edison really hit that one! He had cowtailed the pitch- but how? It was because, while watching, he had analyzed the components of the batter’s swing, quickly deciphered the necessary foot-work, appreciated the need for follow-through, and put them all together to hit one on the nose.
    ^^ This sounds like a typical SLI to me.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"btw i do adore esfps and estps and all the S types. way too much. they are creative in their own ways and really charming sometimes. i just don't really see them as right brained because right brainers ideas don't typically "make sense" to most S types."

These sorts of things that "don't make sense" to most S types are not RIGHT-BRAINED ideas but ABSTRACT ideas, the realm of the intuitives; I would have to say, though, that inuitions isn't the best descriptor of the intuitive types, for sensors have intuitions as well, though their intuitions are based on a different sort of information.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I prefer the words CONCEPTUAL and EMPIRICAL.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!