Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Tutorial: how to get along with SEIs-ISFps

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I prefer quiet yet positive, you're right. Dunno if I'm ISFp but....

Anyways, I'm very much a reflective/empathetic person. I couldn't be bad ass if I tried.... so if you seem upset or negative, it's just gonna make me feel the same way and I'll hate you for it. Just be pleasant without being overbearing about it.

There is absolutely no excuse whatsoever to not try and be positive. I've seen people remain a bright outlook even in the most horrendous of situations. I survived things I doubt most people on this forum had to go through. I think I just psyched myself to make my life as difficult as possible because I wanted to prove that you can live through anything if you stay happy. My last therapist said I sugar-coated things too much or something....and everybody says I'm 'too idealistic.' Well fuck you. I think you're too non-idealistic and it's only gonna make you miserable. See even then, they almost got to me! Fuckers.

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redbaron View Post
    They are accepting of others and very sweet. Whatever you do, avoid conflict as this type dislikes it quite a lot from what I can tell. Ask them questions on a topic they like and get them talking....they can talk for a long while and seem to enjoy it. The ones I know have a sweet tooth, they love baked goods Music, nature, beauty, amusement parks, this type is very fun and they love to laugh. But they can get discouraged when they don't feel appreciated. When they are quiet, don't pry with annoying questions (oh I've found this out the hard way), just let them work it out on their own, give them space. Appreciate who they are and the things they do for you because more often than not, their affection is shown through deeds or gifts rather than words. Don't force them to articulate their feelings. Hanging out, wasting time with someone they like seems to be something they are good at, and I think that's really nice especially since so many people are running around, too busy, chasing this or that goal or dream (not that there's anything wrong with that)!
    Wow, this is almost a perfect description of me
    Chronic "grass is always greener" syndrome

TIM
    IEI-Ni H946
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a very good SEI friend. Our friendship has very slowly grown over a long time. We have always met up regularly and enjoy going to a gallery or having food, sometimes just having a catch up. Over the years I have had a lot of problems that I couldn’t talk to people about. There were times I believe she was frustrated that I was not more open, however she did not ask questions- it is just her way that she will not ask about about an issue unless I specifically bring it up first. I would however talk about all sorts of trivial issues and she was most happy to listen to those. She always seems content in my company even if I’m not at my best for whatever reason. We seem to understand each other’s boundaries naturally (or have grown to) and what each other is comfortable talking about. It’s a friendship that always pleasantly surprises me when we spend time together.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345