Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Moods

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alpha Moods

Quote Originally Posted by In the Moods thread in Beta Quadra, Pedro-the-Lion
    To be honest I wish alpha was doing what you guys are doing. It seems like this is merely the positive expression of quadra values in a "raw" sense. That is you guys are communicating in a large degree without using language and are doign so very effectively. You guys seem to act as I feel when an isfp smiles at me if that makes any sense.
    Let's.

Don't know how to start, though.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really are not very loose and free in Alpha, are we?

We can be kind of intense especially if we have no isfp's or esfj's to lighten us up.

I know there's a couple of isfp's here but we haven't established without a doubt about the presence of esfj's . . . where are you guys when we need you???
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok...now what are we doing? Apparently that's what we need to figure out, huh? I guess I don't really know how to start either.

*looks around the Alpha Moods thread*

Umm....soooo...how is everyone?
    ISFp, SiFe, , or SEI....whatever we're calling ourselves these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm here. I just get kind of intimidated by everyone's intense responses. Most of the time I'm not sure if ya'll want to hear my response. But if you do, I'd be more than willing to contribute.
    "this shaking keeps me steady. i should know. what falls always is always. and is near. i wake to sleep and taking my waking slow. i learn by going where i have to go." -t. roethke

ENFp!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dudeins
    I'm here. I just get kind of intimidated by everyone's intense responses. Most of the time I'm not sure if ya'll want to hear my response.
    I know what you mean. I get intimidated too. I like to read what people write, but a lot of this stuff is just way over my head so I feel like I can't really contribute. I can tell you how something "seems" or "feels" to me, but I can't explain what's going on with functions or anything like that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that's exactly what this thread is for, I guess. We don't even have to talk about Socionics. I just want to keep things light...

The Alpha Quadra's "age" is childhood, due to their sincere curiosity
    ...anybody have a thought about that?

Or I'll just mention something completely off the forum topic...
    Today is my 21st birthday!
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

happy birthday!!!!
    "this shaking keeps me steady. i should know. what falls always is always. and is near. i wake to sleep and taking my waking slow. i learn by going where i have to go." -t. roethke

ENFp!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In real life I'm good friends with an ENTp and an ESFj (all we need now is to find an INTJ ), and I can definitely see how our age could be childhood. There's some sort of innocense that I can see in these two friends. I don't know if it has to do with curiosity, I suppose it could...but they seem so innocent. They're both very genuine, sincere, and honest people. I don't know if that's an Alpha Quadra trait, but that's the sense I've gotten from the Alpha members I know in real life.

Happy birthday XcaliburGirl!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Herzblut
    Oh, and I just thought of another thing. The "mood" probably won't come if you guys literally go out of your way to try to achieve it. It came spontaneously for the Betas, so it will probably come for you guys in that way too .
    Yeah, I know, but I figured I might as well try and try not to try... if that makes sense.

In real life I'm good friends with an ENTp and an ESFj (all we need now is to find an INTJ ), and I can definitely see how our age could be childhood. There's some sort of innocense that I can see in these two friends. I don't know if it has to do with curiosity, I suppose it could...but they seem so innocent. They're both very genuine, sincere, and honest people. I don't know if that's an Alpha Quadra trait, but that's the sense I've gotten from the Alpha members I know in real life.
    I know what you mean, I think that's part of it. Personally, I revel in that feeling: whether I see it in other Alphas, or even in myself.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOHOOO YEAH! ALPHA PARTY IN THE HOUSE!!!

*Breaks open a can of soda and slides head-first acrost a table, landing on a couch*

TIME TO FIESTA!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The guest was me ... stupid guest access.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro-the-Lion
    lol this made me happy at least

by the way the SFs shouldn't feel intimidated i want to hear what they think about many many things... unfortunately I can't think of any of them right now.
    Yeah, definitely.

I was afraid I wasn't going to get my Fe fix before going to work this morning since I didn't get a chance to see my ESFj friend yesterday. But this works.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just had a random thought. Knowing Socionics, if someone who you don't like asks you out, you(not me, I don't get asked out that much, unfortunately ) can truthfully say "you're not my type"...and if they don't leave you alone, you can start an indepth explanation of Socionics... that should get rid of most people... Unless they find it fascinating, in which case, you're probably worse off than you were before... so never mind. :wink:
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.

Creepy-an ixtp (probably istp)

Anybody talkin of me?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

by the way the SFs shouldn't feel intimidated i want to hear what they think about many many things... unfortunately I can't think of any of them right now.
    Ok...if you think of anything, ask away. I'll try not to act intimidated. :wink:

oh and my roomate is definitely exfj maybe esfj and i think my odd sleeping patterns have been getting on his nerves. i want to try to let my mind/body sort itself out but that is taking a long time :/ any advice?
    Hmmm....I don't now. Good question. So you want your mind/body to sort itself out without putting yourself into a schedule? For me, there was a time where I'd go to bed around 4 or 5 am and get up around 1 or 2 pm and that didn't change until I got a job where I had to be at work at 8 am. So it was the forced schedule that changed my sleeping habits. If I waited for my body to naturally sort things out, it would have never happened. I would still be going to bed at 4 or 5 am.

Quote Originally Posted by XcaliburGirl
    I just had a random thought. Knowing Socionics, if someone who you don't like asks you out, you(not me, I don't get asked out that much, unfortunately ) can truthfully say "you're not my type"...and if they don't leave you alone, you can start an indepth explanation of Socionics... that should get rid of most people... Unless they find it fascinating, in which case, you're probably worse off than you were before... so never mind.
    Ha! That's awesome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, that's exactly what this thread is for, I guess. We don't even have to talk about Socionics. I just want to keep things light...

Or I'll just mention something completely off the forum topic...
    Today is my 21st birthday!
    Hey happy birthday. TO bad I don't have the birthday Smilies to use it. I'll bring the cake.

I would have topics to discuss if possible but right now I feel lazy and school is killing me with tests and quizzes,lol . In real life though right now I get along great with INTJ's the other two alpha types I need to see if I can reconize them better.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...unfortunately i can't seem to get the attention of the esfj in the class but i'm honestly not sure that i'd want it.
    Why's that? (If you don't mind my asking.)

Quote Originally Posted by taz
    Hey happy birthday. TO bad I don't have the birthday Smilies to use it. I'll bring the cake.
    Thanks Taz...the colors are nice.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.

Creepy-Chad

I don't think Fe-Si translates very well into an internet forum, particularly when people have never met in real life, as that provides fuel for the Si, which expresses itself through the Fe.
    Ne and Ti, on the other hand, does work well for this format, but the result of these projections are of an analytical nature, and are unlikely to lighten anyone's day in a typical F manner. Gamma probably provides somewhat similar problems as it has sensory feeling as well.
    The other two quadras have more abstract expressions of feelings, and thus an internet forum communicates these expressions in an effective manner.
    Thus, Beta and Delta should be able to present its feeling in a forum, but, for this quadra and perhaps, gamma's attempts to achieve similar results might be exercise sin futility.
    These are simply intuitive projections, based on little but analysis of past obeservations of interactions in various quadras. Take them for what you will.
    Cheers,
    Chad (INTj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have this special 'feeling' that I call 'Terrible Beauty'. Everything seems so tragic yet so wonderful. Nostalgia for nostalgia. Lamenting the future of yesterday... it never was. Something bittersweet like that. It happens once every month or two.
    I(N)Tj

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why's that? (If you don't mind my asking.)
    i am not sure if she has values similar to my own
    Ah. I hate that. As an introvert, I know that with a huge effort, I can work myself up to getting someone's attention or asking them out or whatever, but then the values thing makes it impossible (which is probably a good thing).

Quote Originally Posted by alex
    I have this special 'feeling' that I call 'Terrible Beauty'. Everything seems so tragic yet so wonderful. Nostalgia for nostalgia. Lamenting the future of yesterday... it never was. Something bittersweet like that. It happens once every month or two.
    Hmm... I think I know what you mean. It always seems like everything is very vivid and surreal at those times. If it's winter, I'll go outside at night in the cold and just feel the sharpness of the cold.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha seems to be associated alot with loneliness it seems. Like even the ESFj's and ISFp's seem lonely, like they have all this love to give, but no one that really accepts it very well or they take advantage or it or some other thing.

Every ESFj I meet is so warm and great around people, but no one ever takes them seriously, like they are just sorta good to be around but no one cares too much about their personal needs or personal life. Just observation.

ISFp's always want people to want them but they are also so shy that they tend to withdraw alot or get overcome with all of the logic and rules and demands that come with being around people.

ENTp's and INTj's really want people to care about them, but never really know how to get them to. well, I'm lazy, this is all half assed, but you get the picture.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by waddles w
    Alpha seems to be associated alot with loneliness it seems. Like even the ESFj's and ISFp's seem lonely, like they have all this love to give, but no one that really accepts it very well or they take advantage or it or some other thing.

ISFp's always want people to want them but they are also so shy that they tend to withdraw alot or get overcome with all of the logic and rules and demands that come with being around people.

So, so true. Oh my goodness. Yes. I currently have an ENTp friend and I've been having trouble trying to figure out how to conduct the friendship. I feel like he would be just fine if I wasn't around and not really care if I disappeared off the face of the earth. I don't know if he really feels this way or is just acting this way because he doesn't want to get hurt. I have a hard time knowing if he really wants me around at all. I really don't get much affirmation concerning the friendship and it leaves me really insecure. (He will spend time with me, but nothing verbal.) Then I realize that I can't show or talk about my insecurity because it could turn into drama, and drama would be the worst thing possible because he would feel like I was demanding something from him. So you're right the logic, rules, and demands are really tough. Mainly logic and rules in this situation. Plus the fact that I really do want to care about him, but I feel like he won't let me and I'm kept at a distance.

Definitely a good observation here, Waddles. You get a gold star for the day.

oh and i think intjs and entps can care too much to. they seem to get almost manic in that state
    Do you think that's because it's harder for INTj's and ENTp's to manage the emotions that come with caring? I think the F's can endure the emotional baggage of caring for someone where the T's have a tough time taking it so they push it away and can become cold toward it. I think T's can even get ruined by it sometimes....is that what you mean by manic, Pedro?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so manic would be exploding emotions that go out to objects other than those intended like if i was angry with my boss and came home and yelled at my dog because i was mad, whereas laconic would be the failure to transmit emotions to ANY object

the reason intjs/entps act like this is because normally they do not feel very much so when emotions come they overwhelm their system. they can build up their emotional tolerance but they generally do not.
    I see. Very interesting. Manic and laconic. So a person expressing emotions manically would would release them outwardly in some way, but not necessarily on the person creating the tension. While a person expressing (or not expressing) emotions laconically (if that's a word) would internalize it.

So F's are more manic since they're more likely to express their emotions outwardly, while T's are more laconic because they're not good at expressing outward emotion, is that right? Though T's can become manic if they're overwhelmed by emotion...which is what I think you were saying.

The wires illustration was good, by the way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of. Just because you don't shoot out the emotion doesn't mean that you internalize it (that is take it out on yourself). You can also diffuse it into the environment for example (like when people drink regularly to deal with their problems) or you can meditate or something.
    Ok. I see the difference.

Fs are not necessarily more manic. ixfjs for instance almost never appear manic. i would say mania depends on whether or not you are likely to actively generate emotions, where you generally release your emotional energy, whether you focus your energies on the anthropomorphized or the unanthropomorphized, and whether you tend to release your energy on your environment or on the personified.
    Yeah, you're right. Being an F I don't normally go into a manic state. When my emotions or emotional things get to me, I'll just cry, then I'll usually feel better.

I think Exfjs have the most potential for "mania" because they sometimes force their emotions to be something other than what they are, they focus on persons/things of personal value, and because they release their energy outwardly. Because they have the potential to be the worst in this respect they also have the potential to be the best in my opinion they just need to teach themselves how to do that.
    Ah, yes. I have an ESFj friend who will sometimes get very emotional in public. She's the only friend I have who will do this. When you ask her what's wrong it's usually because she's feeling unappreciated and uncared for or because she's really worried about another person.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah you deal with things healthily so you wouldn't turn manic unless something prevented you from using the coping measures you currently use to deal with things. If I started beating you everytime you cried or something for example you would probably turn manic.
    Haha! Yes, I suppose that would cause someone to become a manic mess.

oh by the way i woke up today at almost 5 AM so i may be "fixed' for now. i just don't know how long it will last/how to prevent myself from having this problem in the future.
    Good, good! So you may have somewhat of a normal sleeping pattern for a while. Hmmm....I'm not sure how to prevent it from happening again. Perhaps you could enforce a "bedtime" on yourself. I have a bedtime from 11pm-1am because I have to work at 8am in the morning. Seriously though, I'd probably be in the same boat you're in if I didn't have this forced schedule.

We were just talking about coping mechanisms... how do you guys deal with things?
    Well...it seems crying is one for me. Sleeping is another. Sometimes I'll get online, do something with friends, or find a way to keep my mind busy so I don't think about things.

I really need to find a way to prevent myself from doing the above without depending on other people because they may or may not happen to be around when stuff like that happens and i am not sure how likely i am to access those people as a resource in times of trouble because I tend to try to "go it alone." Any tips?
    Have a few "go to" people that you KNOW you can count on. People you know won't care if you call them at 2am. Of course you might want to warn them first. haha That way they know that if you're calling them at that time then you really need to talk. I know I could get online and almost always find a fairly good online friend to talk to if no one else was around. Just some thoughts.

Thanks for fixing my post, Pedro!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Crap... i am screwed then because I have tried to "force" myself many a time but it's like being on drugs sometimes... I can't really control it.
    Hmm...that could be a problem. I guess all I know is to try as hard as you can to get yourself back on a schedule and do your best to stay on it. It does sound like you've gotten yourself into quite a situation here.

3:30 pm... i am sleepy... i wish to post something that i will later regret but i won't... i still feel the need to put this little phrase here for some reason though (just ignore it)
    Oh no, Pedro! If you go to sleep then you'll get up at like 2 am and ruin everything!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh good! 7:00 is definitely better than 3:30. Hopefully you'll be able to stay on a semi-normal schedule. It must be frustrating missing classes becuse of not being able to get to sleep at the right time. If it was me, I'd probably start developing anxiety issues if I missed too much class. Fortunately I've graduated from school and just have to make sure I get to work on time...and the thing with work is that I can call in sick if worse came to worst. Just so long as I didn't do it too often.

I know what your problem is, Pedro! You're in the wrong time zone! See...if you lived in the Eastern time zone you'd be going to bed at 10pm instead of 7pm and getting up at 8am instead of 5am. That's what's wrong here. :wink:

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, the Alpha Mood sure is in stark contrast to the Beta Mood. I like it--no sex.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    Wow, the Alpha Mood sure is in stark contrast to the Beta Mood. I like it--no sex.
    Yeah, those teenagers and their hormones.
    We're supposed to be the curious innocents...wide-eyed and such. I like it that way too.

Though the funny thing is that Pedro and Elizabeth ended up having a serious discussion.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.

Creepy-

fdsf

Creepy-

fsfds

Creepy-

fdsf

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

elbow tchaikovsky freezer burn

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol. woke up at 11:50 or so... 5 hours of sleep!!! gah! i just hope i can make it to 7 pm tonight. heh i get anxiety issues if i miss too much class but hopefully i will be able to avoid that drama.
    LOL. I bet your body thought you were trying to take a nap! I sure hope you can make it to 7 tonight...maybe then you'll be so tired that you'll sleep more than just 5 hours. Yeah, try your best not to miss class, you don't need a lot of anxiety on top of not having a good sleeping pattern.

out of curiousity what is the longest you guys have gone wthout sleep? i think my record is like 38-40 hours or so.
    I think I've gone right around 24 hours or so. I'm a whimp. I like sleep.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

out of curiousity what is the longest you guys have gone wthout sleep? i think my record is like 38-40 hours or so.
    I once skipped three nights in a row - without taking naps during the day - so 72 hours.

That was in the final stages of writing my Phd thesis.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

did you hear about that guy in South Korea who collapsed from exhaustion after playing video games in an internet cafe for about 48 hours straight? he was pronounced dead a little bit after they found him "collapsed"
    That crazy. I know some people play video games for 24hrs. but not constantly.

I have gone for about 12hrs. without sleep.
    ISFP, SEI

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Why did the monkey stop waving?"

"Because he was dead."

da da dum.

Can this be considered alpha humor?
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have no idea what that means
    Pedro, it's a joke.
    Entp
    ILE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it similar to the one that goes: What's better, an overturned truck of bowling balls or babys? Babys, because you can use a pitchfork to put them back.[/list]

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why did the indian stop smiling?

because by decades of violent repression we stole his land.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! No, that was actually really funny.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast