Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does this work?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default How does this work?

So how do you judge a person's type? Is it through a picture? A personal description? Through a general chat? Or is it a mixture of all of these?

I mean, sure, I often feel different from most other people, but then there is no 'normal' anyway, right?

Creepy-bg

a mixture... your best bet if you're looking for the forum to type you is to just describe yourself. Let yourself have diarrhea of the mouth and talk about whatever seems important to you about yourself... maybe post a picture if you've got one (some people will swear by the visual identification, but most here are of the belief that VI is secondary to what you have to say about yourself and is more about filling in the pieces or giving a general sense of who you are) From there people will start throwing out some types and the smarter umong us or more knowledgable (not me ) will probably start asking some question to fill in the gaps and narrow things down. If there's one thing we love around here it's debating and typing people so don't be shy...

Keep in mind that when it comes down to it... your type will ultimately be decided upon by you, since none of us are inside your head. We can only go by what you present. Be prepared to accept a type initially, then discard it after learning more about socionics... and to perhaps repeat this process for awhile. Eventually things just *click* into place and you'll find that what type you think you are lines up (relationshipwize) with what you think other people's types are....

uhhh.... that's it I guess... Good luck and welcome to our little corner of the internets

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the link.

As for talking about myself, I don't do that much, really. I suppose. I can tell you what other people say about me though. Would that work?

Creepy-bg

sure... talk about whatever you want to... really anything you say can be usefull, as well as how you go about saying it.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, apparently I look miserable most of the time, when I'm actually not making an effort to look like anything.

I often get told that I'm arrogant, even when I was at primary school (5 - 11 years old and I'm now almost 21).

I've had trouble keeping a couple of jobs... first time I was sacked because I 'didn't fit in'. Have no idea what that means, but the MD was a fool. Second time, couldn't handle the work environment, too rigid, not enough flexibility, etc. The work was boring, repetitive and took no brain power at all. So now I'm unemployed, which is great except for the lack of money.

I used to be a lot less willing to talk to people, than I am now. I can at least tolerate talking to uninteresting people for a little while, now.

Looking over some websites on the internet, and taking an MBTI test, I was identified as INTJ, but I think I'm more of an INTP. Or at least I used to be. If you need more information, be specific! I don't know what you need to know, feel free to ask questions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an anagram of my first initial and my surname.

Creepy-bg

give it awhile... none of the hardcore "type me!" people are here right now. In an hour or two this thread should have blossommed into all sorts of theories and questions for you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's alright. I don't know when I'll fall asleep mind you. It's 2:20am here at the moment. :-) I can never sleep that well, unless I'm knackered.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(random areas whose answers might provide type related information, by substance, diction, behavior, perception or attitude... feel free to answer or not answer any of these prompts)

what are your interests? what do you do in your spare time? what do you want to do with your life? what sorts of people do you get along with well and what sorts of people do you get along with poorly?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you have a brief video clip of yourself, that could also prove highly useful for evaluatory purposes.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did we ever start a Video-Identification thread?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you mean a thread for people to post videos or one discussing the merits of videos?

neither have been done; both easily could be.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UDP III
    The problem about Video-Identification is that you usually don't really know what to talk about and had to create something out of nothing. Moreover, since the focus will be on you, you will be more conscious about how you present yourself on video, rather than acting naturally when you are with a group of people. So I guess it will be less accurate to do a VI video.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a video thread would be a good idea, if people posted as their natural selves. I am finding more and more characteristics that encapsulate people relative to their types.
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    The problem about Video-Identification is that you usually don't really know what to talk about and had to create something out of nothing. Moreover, since the focus will be on you, you will be more conscious about how you present yourself on video, rather than acting naturally when you are with a group of people. So I guess it will be less accurate to do a VI video.
    if you have nothing to talk about, it might be effective to simply present one post to any thread in a video format and use that as type-related material.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    if you have nothing to talk about, it might be effective to simply present one post to any thread in a video format and use that as type-related material.
    can I be naked in my video?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no.
    EII

I'll tell you what
    there is plenty wrong with me
    but I fixed up a few old buildings
    and I've planted a few trees.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sure. go wild. like i really care.

but don't expect mcnew to be too happy.

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    sure. go wild. like i really care.

but don't expect mcnew to be too happy.
    nah... I'll just say some shit in German or something... he'll think it's hot.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KSpin
    Well, apparently I look miserable most of the time, when I'm actually not making an effort to look like anything.

I often get told that I'm arrogant, even when I was at primary school (5 - 11 years old and I'm now almost 21).

I've had trouble keeping a couple of jobs... first time I was sacked because I 'didn't fit in'. Have no idea what that means, but the MD was a fool. Second time, couldn't handle the work environment, too rigid, not enough flexibility, etc. The work was boring, repetitive and took no brain power at all. So now I'm unemployed, which is great except for the lack of money.

I used to be a lot less willing to talk to people, than I am now. I can at least tolerate talking to uninteresting people for a little while, now.

Looking over some websites on the internet, and taking an MBTI test, I was identified as INTJ, but I think I'm more of an INTP. Or at least I used to be. If you need more information, be specific! I don't know what you need to know, feel free to ask questions.
    Just from reading the text, I got the feeling of INTp/ENTp. Just so you're clear on that, I type by feeling. I get a sense of how that person would behave and what might have motivated the person to post those words. You did say many stereotypical INTp things - only being interested in "interesting" people, disliking rigid & inflexible environment, being seen as arrogant (smart-ass arrogant like Dr House), not making an effort to look like anything. lol. I think I just rephrased your entire self-description. Nevertheless, I'm not yet convinced that you're INTp because non-social people usually identify with NT descriptions. 3 new forum members out of 5 have typed themselves INTj, and one out of five has typed him/herself as INTp. And then there are the occasional INFps and other types...

Right now I'm leaning toward INTp unless you have a false idea about your own personality and behavior.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about not replying. Fell asleep!

Anyway... I'll get to answering the questions that were asked, without deliberately biasing it towards INTp!:

My interests:

- Just recently taken up badminton, used to do karate, love swimming.
    - I tried rugby union, didn't like it because I couldn't get into it.
    - Live and breathe for computer games, much to the annoyance of my girlfriend. Going to university in September to study Games Technology (how to make them).
    - I love reading books, mostly Sci-Fi (Arthur C Clarke) and Fantasy (David Eddings).
    - I go Wargaming (Warhammer 40k usually) at least once a month.
    - Enjoy comedy films, aswell as the occasional action film. My main area of interest is Science fiction films. I get really bored during the bits that are about the relationships between people, unless they're funny.
    - Definitely not religious and see absolutely NO point in spirituality whatsoever.

Sorts of people I dislike:

- The ones that refuse to back up their arguments, and then tell me to shut up (my sister, grr!).
    - People that won't listen to me when I tell them I can think of, or know of, a better way of doing things.
    - Anyone unwilling to try something new (I'm entitled not to).
    - People that judge/stereotype me before they know me. After they know me, it's fine.
    - The sorts of people that try to act in a manner that isn't naturally them. Like a 'pack' mentality. The ones who change for the worse when they're in a group.
    - Some people like to make inaccurate comments/say things that are obviously (at least to me) untrue. I just think they're stupid.

People I like:

- Ones that will discuss abstract ideas with me (very rare).
    - People that love to play computer/video games!
    - Anyone that knows what they're talking about, in any area that interests me.
    - Laid back people.
    I'm sure there are others here, I just can't think at the moment!

Want to do with my life:

- Left school without a clear direction. Was told by my Grandma, and parents to go back and do my A Levels. Nonsense I said! Worked for a year, then went to college for my A Level exams, since I needed them to apply for the Royal Air Force.
    - Used to want to be a pilot. Didn't make it due to poor leadership skills, had very impressive aptitude results in the tests though.
    - Took 2 years out after college to work (Without finding anything that interested me in the slightest). Was told to go to Uni by my grandma, after college. Instantly dismissed it out of hand.
    - Now I'm off to University in September to study Games Technology for 3 years. I'd love to be anything to do with games development at the moment. I don't know what, exactly, because I haven't gone into it in much detail yet.
    - After that, who knows? Not me, that's for sure.

Interesting traits:

- Can't help myself, whenever I hear something wrong, I get an incredible urge to put it right. Usually something along the lines of: "The sky is blue because God made it that way." or "The sky is blue because it reflects the colour of the water in the oceans". Grr, grr, grr!
    An interesting thing about this could be that it's learnt behaviour from my Mum. She used to pick up any grammatical errors in my speech when I was younger. She only did this because her Dad, who died when she was 16, used to pick -her- up on her speech when she was younger. He was a headmaster (principal) at a primary school. And an English teacher.
    - During mass family gatherings (my family is very large) I will usually sit to the side of a room. Just too many people there. If it's a small gathering, I'm happy to move around and talk to people, then I like to sit down with my girlfriend and get drunk.

Anyway, I hope that helps. Just woken up you see...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, thinking about it, when I was a lot younger (it still applied today) I actually asked someone, can't remember who, a particular question. I asked them if they ever forget that they exist, in certain situations, such as listening to two other people talking to each other. Often I've sat in a corner and watched some people/listened to their conversations. Occasionally I completely forget that I'm even watching them, my sense of self having completely disappeared for a little while.

Difficult for me to explain in terms that someone else might be able to understand, perhaps.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do make a general INTp impression.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, INTp of the cool kind.

Alternatively, ISTj-Se. Actually, not seeing point in spirituality would point towards this option, but take it with a grain of salt.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reading descriptions of ISTJ, it doesn't really sound like me. I don't follow the rules blindly. I know that they are there for a reason, and I usually look for the reason behind them. If the reason seems stupid or flawed, then I will try to persuade other people the reasoning behind why they are flawed, and see if they will change them.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp.

Welcome!
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess so.
    Hopefully I'll be able to learn a bit about Socionics and help other people find their types.

Thank you.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

May have something to do with me already having a pretty clear idea where I lay? I was just a little bit fuzzy on the differences in meaning between MBTI and Socionics. There might have been something that someone else could see, that I didn't spot, too.

Greetings to you Phaedrus. Are you the person to talk to around these parts, when you want to know what's what?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i found ILI and LII to be the most likely. there are elements of what you wrote that suggest both. probably ILI is a more reasonable guess at the moment.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greetings to you Phaedrus. Are you the person to talk to around these parts, when you want to know what's what?
    there are many, myself included, who would strongly advise against that.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrus
    Maybe you just broke some kind of record, KSpin. Could be that you are the first INTp to have been accepted so easily and so fast as an INTp by this forum. I am still not accepted as an INTp, even though I have been around for more than a year now. But you sure seem to be an INTp, so we are probably the same type.
    Naw, there's been several others who had no problem being "accepted" as INTp Phaedrus. Please don't try to make this be about your type.
    Indeed.

Phaedrus, perhaps those who disagree with you about INTp being your likeliest type are wrong, and perhaps those like myself, who think that it's more likely that I am a piece of blue cheese than that XoX is INTp, are also wrong. That's possible.

But here you go in exactly the same area as XoX, when he said that INTps seemed to be some sort of "sacred type" since people reacted so strongly to his previous "incarnation" as INTp, and to his latest attempt.

Now you have just said that those who disagree with you "refuse to tell the truth".

And you have said something that's plain wrong, as Diana pointed out, about people having problem being "accepted" as INTp. For the moment, given the information available, I have no problem seeing KSpin as INTp. Perhaps that will change if he provides more information about himself - I don't know. I had little problem "accepting" drd52 as INTp, although I'm not "sure". On occasion some people do pop up - and disappear - who are typed as INTp.

So your "people have problem acceping anyone as INTp" argument is simply, and verifiably, wrong.

What you seem to be doing is to try to neutralize those who question your INTp-ness by dismissing them, as somehow "never accepting anyone as INTp", so, the fact that they question your typing can be regarded as irrelevant.

That's what you're doing, isn't it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a small amount of time, I have noticed that the older a person is, the more experience they are likely to have when it comes to strengthening their weak functions. This would, in turn, mask their underlying type, right?
    From what I've gathered, your type doesn't change, but you can learn new behaviour that would make it seem like it has?

I don't know much of the terminology, so excuse me if I used the wrong words.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Expat

What you seem to be doing is to try to neutralize those who question your INTp-ness by dismissing them, as somehow "never accepting anyone as INTp", so, the fact that they question your typing can be regarded as irrelevant.

That's what you're doing, isn't it?
    of course that's what he's doing, but he won't admit it in a million years.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In a small amount of time, I have noticed that the older a person is, the more experience they are likely to have when it comes to strengthening their weak functions. This would, in turn, mask their underlying type, right?
    From what I've gathered, your type doesn't change, but you can learn new behaviour that would make it seem like it has?

mmmm.... interesting perspective, but definitely not a mainstream idea. it strikes me that, although people clearly mature over a period of time, that one's type can be considered to be a highly fundamental imprint of the psyche and thus will determine more behaviors than will experience. it is, clearly, a constantly growing and evaluatory process that determines one's behavior, but often "good" experience (ie, intraquadra relations) might have an effect at encouraging the individual's one true path.

i don't really know; i'm just rambling.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know much of the terminology, so excuse me if I used the wrong words.
    Basically yes - type doesn't change, but the behavior changes as the person experiences life. It might mask the underlying type.

There is also a theory that people use certain A-model blocks in certain situations. (Block is a row in the A model and consists of 2 functions). Like for example, in socially stressful situations, people start using their super-ego block, which consists of role function and PoLR. These are the two functions that people think they should use to be liked by others.

A quote from another INTp, "why strengthen your weaknesses to make them mediocre when you can focus on your strengths and become truly excellent."
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion and experience - also personal - this "age" stuff is vastly overrated. You remain the same person, as you age, including the type.

Now, for the sake of argument, perhaps you do "develop" some functions -- for instance, a Te IP may learn to -- "play" Fe a bit better than when they were teenagers. But the functional strength remains.

What does get more difficult as people get older is VI, the differences in body movements and gait tend to blur.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast