View Poll Results: Which would you rather have?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I believe I'm Ti and I would rather have 1.)

3 13.04%
  • I believe I'm Ti and I would rather have 2.)

3 13.04%
  • I believe I'm Fe and I would rather have 1.)

1 4.35%
  • I believe I'm Fe and I would rather have 2.)

1 4.35%
  • I believe I'm Te and I would rather have 1.)

1 4.35%
  • I believe I'm Te and I would rather have 2.)

5 21.74%
  • I believe I'm Fi and I would rather have 1.)

0 0%
  • I believe I'm Fi and I would rather have 2.)

4 17.39%
  • I don't know my type but think I'm Ti/Fe and would rather have 1.)

1 4.35%
  • I don't know my type but think I'm Ti/Fe and would rather have 2.)

0 0%
  • I don't know my type but think I'm Te/Fi and would rather have 1.)

0 0%
  • I don't know my type but think I'm Te/Fi and would rather have 2.)

1 4.35%
  • I don't know my type and would rather have 1.)

0 0%
  • I don't know my type and would rather have 2.)

1 4.35%
  • I can't decide.

2 8.70%

Thread: Te/Fi vs Ti/Fe

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Te/Fi vs. Ti/Fe

first disclaimer: OBVIOUSLY most people want at least a little of both. It's nice to get along with and have at least somewhat pleasant interactions with those around you, and who doesn't want trustworthy friends? Just choose the answer which sounds best to you.

second disclaimer: The questions were written more for logical types, so I'll put the parts that may not apply as much to ethical types in italics. On to the question...

Would you rather:

1.) Your coworkers and acquaintances are familiar and warm with you, seeing you as someone in favorable social standing and giving your either ideas for how to change social norms or your leadership of the group consideration because of your favorable social standing and because they your judgment about complex situations because you have vast structured knowledge on the subject at hand, likely a better understanding of it's complexities than they have (and maybe have really have any reason to have).

or

2.) Your coworkers and acquaintances treat you with professionalism, not expecting you to take part in warm, superficial, casual conversation, not giving your social standing a large amount of consideration but instead respecting you as someone who knows how to work efficiently. Instead of valuing a large network of friendly acquaintances who think well of you from the perspective of your social role, you'd rather be pretty much off the social radar and you value having several very close friends who do not expect warm, superficial conversation and will think just as well of you if skip the friendly small talk. Your close friends are trustworthy and loyal beyond any doubt, and they know that you are just as trustworthy and loyal to them as they are to you. Your social standing doesn't matter anywhere near as much to you as the understanding, companionship, and trust you have with your close friends.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

number 2

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTp
    sx/sp

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My social standing doesn't matter to me, but I do like small talk, and socialization is the only part of having a job I miss.

I thought of something else I miss - we'd frequently have these crisis situations and we'd all rush to action to take care of some problem. That was kind of fun.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

clearly the latter.

Creepy-bg

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#1.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Te/Fi vs. Ti/Fe

I would prefer that my coworkers and acquaintances consider my advice because they value my judgment about complex situations because I have vast structured knowledge on the subject at hand and likely a better understanding of it's complexities than they have. I would prefer that they treat me with professionalism, not expecting me to take part in warm, superficial, casual conversation, not giving my social standing a large amount of consideration but instead respecting me as someone who knows what it takes for me to work efficiently and therefore do not try to impose their own preferred working habits on me or expect me to work as efficiently as they do when they to what they are best at doing. Instead of valuing a large network of friendly acquaintances who think well of me from the perspective of my social role, I'd rather be pretty much off the social radar and I value having several very close friends who do not expect warm, superficial conversation and will think just as well of me if skip the friendly small talk. My close friends are trustworthy but not loyal beyond any doubt, and they know that I am just as trustworthy as they are to me but also that I am more loyal to my own principles than I am to them as persons if those would ever come into conflict. My social standing doesn't matter anywhere near as much to me as the understanding, companionship, and trust I have with my close friends.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*puts on some silly voice that I know not how to describe, other than as "the voice I'm imagining right now"* I do belieeeeeeeeve that I *hand on chest*, am Tee-ee. And I do preferrrrrr number twoooooo.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by BLauritson
    *puts on some silly voice that I know not how to describe, other than as "the voice I'm imagining right now"* I do belieeeeeeeeve that I *hand on chest*, am Tee-ee. And I do preferrrrrr number twoooooo.
    sounds southern (Southern US) to me... that or like the catapiller in Alice in Wonderland

Whooooooooo Arrrrrrre Yooooooooooooou?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm.. I remember now where I got that tone of voice from. It's that guy in the Simpsons who works at costingtons, goes "Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees?" in a semi-deep voice.
    ILI (Indescribable Lovemaking Inc.)
    5w4 so/sx

"IP temperament! Because today's concerns are tomorrow's indifferences!"

Lord Fnorgle's Domain - A slowly growing collection of music, poetry and literature.
    Stickam music performances

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

, LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think perhaps my description included too much that could be attributed to Aristocracy/Democracy.
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think perhaps the description doesn't measure anything at all.

the admittedly limited results certainly reflect that.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Part of the problem is also that I'm asking people to answer for unconscious functions.

I tried to write 1 to sound just as "attractive" as 2, just to different people... but it's still just my perspective of those people, not their own perspectives of themselves.
    SEE

Creepy-bg

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Part of the problem is also that I'm asking people to answer for unconscious functions.

I tried to write 1 to sound just as "attractive" as 2, just to different people... but it's still just my perspective of those people, not their own perspectives of themselves.
    to me they aren't... I might have picked #1 (or the premise I envision behind it) but it sounds so... umm... know-it-all-ish? Concieted??? I'm not sure exactly what it is... but it's distastefull enough to make me identify more with #2

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yea; i agree with bionic in that it doesn't really do a good job describing anything socionics related as compared to social norms.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, the problem is that is not what you think it is. Some ENFjs and ESTps are like that but it's not how is. I certainly don't go to work to have superficial conversations. A workplace is not a place to make friends in the first place, at least to me it's not. I don't care what people think about me from a social perspective either. My friends are as close and as real as yours, maybe even closer, since we are. Social standing has never been a criterion for any of my and friends. What does it say about your interpretation of /Social standing? The rest is up to you.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like I said...

I think perhaps my description included too much that could be attributed to Aristocracy/Democracy.
    And detail, I don't expect people to answer for their unconscious functions. I think most logical types would answer as you have.
    SEE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Deltas would prefer #1 too?

And detail, I don't expect people to answer for their unconscious functions. I think most logical types would answer as you have.
    As my -in-the-ego-block friends would.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

strongly biased descriptions. Fe is a work-place chatterbox and Fi does all the real work (doesn't waste time on meaningless chit-chat.) (ok, I exxagerated, but it's not that far from truth)

Just thinking about it, I don't see any correlation between Fi/Fe and workplace behavior.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say 1 just to spite your partiality. I only go to work to fuck all the ladies and get BIG cars and make BIG money and make everyone see me as the most impressive shit of the universe. Yeah, right.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiina
    strongly biased descriptions. Fe is a work-place chatterbox and Fi does all the real work (doesn't waste time on meaningless chit-chat.) (ok, I exxagerated, but it's not that far from truth)

Just thinking about it, I don't see any correlation between Fi/Fe and workplace behavior.
    The descriptions used work as an example... school or anywhere else where you're around people who you're not close to was the intended idea. And it's not so much about whether someone is chatty or not... lol I was often one of the most talkative people in my workplace, though the reason was just to save myself from boredom because I hated my job. I'd say and do strange things to keep myself amused. My coworkers thought I was very odd lol.

Anyways, the idea was that Fe/Ti types prefer familiarity and warmth in casual interactions with people they're not necessarily close to and Fi/Te types don't. I got carried away talking about social roles in my description in 1 because I had a particular INTj in mind when I wrote it, but I know for a fact that if I told him that I observe that type of thing in him he'd deny that he cares about social roles. It's like... he doesn't realize that he does, but it becomes apparent in the way he talks and his reasoning when it comes to how to treat and the way to think about other people.

But yeah, the descriptions sucked ass for a number of reasons. Life goes on.
    SEE

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I say 1 just to spite your partiality. I only go to work to fuck all the ladies and get BIG cars and make BIG money and make everyone see me as the most impressive shit of the universe. Yeah, right.
    lol. Now that I think about it... I loooove big cars and big money and for everyone to see me as the most impressive person in the universe...
    E3 (probably 3w4)

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish I did, Kristiina, I wish I did.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I wish I did, Kristiina, I wish I did.
    E3 (probably 3w4)