Thread: Introverted Sensing (Si) > its gifts and set backs

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Introverted Sensing (Si) > its gifts and set backs

Any views?

My experience with .

People have told me that intuitives can understand sensors but sensors cannot understand intuitives because everyone has to be a 'little' sensing. I have realized there is a huge aspect I have neglected with my Si ability. Partly because I could not recognize this as being related to functions before. Whatever.

I know when someone is looking at me, even if they are directly behind me. If you were to try to explain this to an NT they would simply suggest it is coincidence, fluke, when someone turns their head you can maybe feel a subtle breeze my chance or some other logical explanation. This is because they cannot understand comprehend being so intune with the physical that you actually feel things other people dont even notice. Everything in our dimension can be interpretted as waves or fluxuations, vibrations of different frequency. When someone glances eyes on you, there is some sort of energy and or thoughts behind projected towards you.

Somehow makes you intune to these vibrations. Another observation is the less sleep Ive had the more intune I was to this (at first I thought it was some weird defence mechanism). I dont know if any intuitives will even find this interesting but I had to throw it out there. As much as I cannot comprehend the world of intuition and possibilities constantly flowing through you, you Ns cannot comprehend feeling these energy exchanges or whatever... (or what it feels like at least). However, I think my is so strong that I have EXTREMELY weak intuition as a result... This can have adverse affects such as paranoia, mistrust etc. It has its ups and downs. I would like to know your views regarding this, I bet half you are thinking: IcE is sooo INFp

Perhaps someone can create a similar thread to try to explain to me more thoroughly how works for you and its gifts and set backs. Thank you.
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Introverted Sensing (Si) > its gifts and set backs

Quote Originally Posted by IcEPiCk
    Any views?

My experience with .

People have told me that intuitives can understand sensors but sensors cannot understand intuitives because everyone has to be a 'little' sensing. I have realized there is a huge aspect I have neglected with my Si ability. Partly because I could not recognize this as being related to functions before. Whatever.

I know when someone is looking at me, even if they are directly behind me. If you were to try to explain this to an NT they would simply suggest it is coincidence, fluke, when someone turns their head you can maybe feel a subtle breeze my chance or some other logical explanation. This is because they cannot understand comprehend being so intune with the physical that you actually feel things other people dont even notice. Everything in our dimension can be interpretted as waves or fluxuations, vibrations of different frequency. When someone glances eyes on you, there is some sort of energy and or thoughts behind projected towards you.

Somehow makes you intune to these vibrations. Another observation is the less sleep Ive had the more intune I was to this (at first I thought it was some weird defence mechanism). I dont know if any intuitives will even find this interesting but I had to throw it out there. As much as I cannot comprehend the world of intuition and possibilities constantly flowing through you, you Ns cannot comprehend feeling these energy exchanges or whatever... (or what it feels like at least). However, I think my is so strong that I have EXTREMELY weak intuition as a result... This can have adverse affects such as paranoia, mistrust etc. It has its ups and downs. I would like to know your views regarding this, I bet half you are thinking: IcE is sooo INFp

Perhaps someone can create a similar thread to try to explain to me more thoroughly how works for you and its gifts and set backs. Thank you.
    actually, this is one of the things i like about Si people
    I find it fascinating the various ways Si can show up, and how Si people use it.

i had once started a post about how i use Si, but i never got around to finishing it, thus i never posted it.
    but basically, Si is used as a way of minimally getting me around, like a subconscious awareness of what's going on in the physical world so that I can keep my head in the clouds. (btw, none of this is deliberate)
    i imagine an Si person uses Ne in a similar way....subconscious awareness of Ne info..just enough so that you can focus on the Si info.
    In many ways they feed off of or support each other....Si gets the sensations but Ne helps give it a meaning. One can focus more on the sensations than the varied meanings, or one can get a sense of the sensations but focus more on various meanings of it.

btw, richard (i(s)fp) uses a ton of Si/Ne. More Si than Ne admittedly.
    the is(t)p pilot used less Ne than richard does, but he still used it a lot.

maybe this weekend i'll pull up the description i was working on and give you my notes (they'll be in unfinished form most likely)
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is all very interesting Ice. I think before I respond in full Im going to have to take sometime for observation. I suspect is it sort of like Ann said about Si supporting Ne. More later.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ice, nice to meet up with you on the board up here ;p

The reason why is weak after waking up from horrible and limited sleep is because our unconscious mind, namely and picked up structural repulsions within our body. In scientific terms, the less sleep you get, the harder it is for your body to fight against free radicals. These results in micro-level molecules in your cells being attracted and pulled apart by the free radical to form the Radical army (that goes around terrorizing the rest of your body, much like JI, Al Queda, and other sexy militant terrorist groups). These sense of repulsion and attraction of our own cells to the highly unnecessary and unwanted Free Radical Army (or FRA) is Estimative, since , the main function that gives our unconscious mind such message, is an Estimative function. suggests that we have an absence of Essence, mainly because is our Suggestive function, and it's purpose is to sense the presence of Essence. After a bad night's sleep, there will be an absence of essence. However, more immature ISTps never do bother with Suggestions and Estimations. If something is not precise, immature ISTps won't give a bull about it. More mature ISTp's will understand that with our and under high alarm, we must use our to heal that bodily imbalace, otherwise we will mess up completely with our and , not something we would particularly like. We will lose the control of our emotions, make too many people wait for us, and drive our duals away from our lives.

Now for a break here, the reason why we love ENFps is because these ladies will always come back once we feel better about ourselves, so it's some kind of Negative Feedback system [some smart aleck do correct me if the usage of this term is wrong]. + on high alarm ---> bad health = no ENFp ladies. So ISTp guys out there, keep yourself healthy and the ENFps (Epitomes of Neverending Fluctuative Poles) will come back to you. Once you are sick, they will run away again like fluctuating polar magnetic waves. So stop abusing yourselves to feel the pain (and hoping they will drop by to heal you). Doesn't work that way (if ENFp's come when you are lonely, you must be healthy too, an overly negative ISTp who is lonely repulses even the greatest of all ENFp. But I do welcome you to try to break my wall when I am down. If you are interested, do add me on msn).

Back. Mature ISTps, upon recieving negative feedback, will use to heal themselves, find ways to comfort themselves, and naturally fall back into nature's rhythm. Once that happens...Oh God look at that crowd of ladies coming my way. Sorry gotta run!
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    through her, and in her, is
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbie
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade
    Now for a break here, the reason why we love ENFps is because these ladies will always come back once we feel better about ourselves, so it's some kind of Negative Feedback system [some smart aleck do correct me if the usage of this term is wrong]. + on high alarm ---> bad health = no ENFp ladies.
    If I understand what you're saying here, this is technically positive feedback. The better you feel, the more ENFps; the more ENFps, the better you feel.

Back. Mature ISTps, upon recieving negative feedback, will use to heal themselves, find ways to comfort themselves, and naturally fall back into nature's rhythm. Once that happens...Oh God look at that crowd of ladies coming my way. Sorry gotta run!
    feedback => input?

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh howdy there Mr. Benefactor.

Yes it is positive feedback, true.

With more feedback, you will input more, and that's why it's called a feedback loop, silly.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:
    A couple years ago I was put in charge of decorating the college for Valentine's Day. I made some gorgeous, fancy decorations from construction paper, glue, scissors, and imagination. Then I covered a couple cabinets with them. But my favorite was the diagram of a human heart I put up. So romantic!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting how people are. Its true that it is difficult to fathom what it must be like to have it as a primary function. I can only focus on the environment for snatches at a time before my brain associates something I see or hear to other thoughts and then off into the world of speculation. I feel like I have this plit awareness going on like Anndelise mentioned. Interestingly ISTPs bring me into the present moment.
    However, what Icepick said was even more mysterious than I had imagined. for the ISXP may take on dimensions which are not easy to articulate much like the dimensions of are hard to explain. Not only that but it probably varies from person to person how they would describe it.

Topaz
    The artifact which is the source of my power will not be kept on the Mountain of Despair beyond the River of Fire guarded by the Dragons of Eternity. It will be in my safe-deposit box. The same applies to the object which is my one weakness.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

icepick, yeah that's really interesting! I second what Topaz said, especially how the whole thing sounds mysterous.

It's so interesting how each type basically lives in a totally different world. The same things happen, but we're blind to some parts and see other parts so vividly. It's so hard for me to imagine being aware of the introverted sensing things. I barely notice things that stuff. I'll be sitting next to a wall made of rock and not notice it's made of rock until someone comments "look at that wall made of rock." And I'll be surprised that they noticed that. It's almost like I'm blind to it. I'll be so busy thinking about the other person, and kind of analyzing them and their personality and noticing what mood they're in (except with ISTPs, I usually can't tell) and thinking about my relationship to them, and their relationship to my friends and everyone's relationship to everyone, and the state of mind that everyone I know is in, and wondering what the waiters personality type is, and wondering if rock walls are becoming a trend in restaurants these days etc, that I don't notice what's right in front of me.

It's hard for me to imagine living in such a concrete and real sensing world. I've heard ISTPs and other sensing types can take more risks becaue they naturally are better at understanding how they relate to physical things and so it's less of a risk to them. What's that like? I have a hard time understanding that because, for me, I sort of sense if I'm about to fall over, but that's it. I sometimes run into things because I'm distracted. That makes me think if I was like on a motorcycle trying to go fast around a sharp curve, that'd be a bad idea...what's that over there? splat.

I think it might also all be related to how people think. I was talking to an ISFP who said that she doesn't really think thoughts in words, or in visual pictures. She often thinks "thoughts" in sort of a sensation. And that sensation prompts her to do something or not do something. That rarely happens with me. I either think words like "hmm I wonder if blah blah" or in visual pictures that are basically like a movie or a dream, except I'm awake. We both had a hard time relating to how the other person experienced thoughts.

I'm really curious how other types think (whether you think in words, visual images, sensations, etc.)
    Hi! I'm an ENFP. :-)

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISTp think like impressions. Every single action must have a point. Every single point must reach it's destination.

(life is a sin graph and ENFp's are the y and x-axis')
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think in sensation and dialogue. It depends. Like, I am very visual, and when Im doing a drawing or a painting Im thinking about the curves and shadows, highlights and twist or whatever in a nonverbal way. Part of my brain shuts off and I just try to see whats there and convey it with whatever medium Im using. I'll look at my drawing or painting and think " Something is not right. It needs more of this.... or its too..... hmmmmm... OK and now I'll just add some of this... ooops too much...I'll just fix it with this and .....yeah that it." Sometimes my brain will split and carry on dialogue about something completely unrelated while that whole process is going on.
    I think I use the world of the senses as a springboard into the imagination. My ESFP friend would marvel at how I could listen to my old beat up sound system while he had to have the finest equipment he could afford. He would go on and on about the superior sound quality, and I admit it was very nice. He would say "Listen, can you hear thoses snare drums in the back?! Thats so awesome" and Id be like "I love this song. It makes me think of flying. I wonder what they were thinking of when they wrote those lyrics? I should write a song. What should it be about?....."

Topaz

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an Ne thing. The ability to sense the "essence" behind something is an Ne thing. Si dominants will use their Si and make sense of it through Fi and Ne. Pure Si alone is just lazy perception. It's the *awakened* Fi in us that makes us 'Si' things in a loving light. In other words, this is our hidden agenda: To percieve beauty and Love it.

(ENFp's are beautiful.)

Using Si in terms of Ne allows us to structure the gathering of information. Without NeFi's around, SiTe's will usually slack around. They will wander around with nothing to do, because there is nothing to activate our 'Fi' (so we have nothing to love and we end up bitter, hateful, and cold), and when there is nothing to activate our 'Ne' we have no structure and so we will just wander around...aimlessly...waiting for those sexy ENFp's to call for help.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In other words, this is our hidden agenda: To percieve beauty and Love it.
    BlueBlade faite attention (be careful!) with your statements. Our hidden agenda is still to love I see it in me all the time, it allows you to be taken advantage of sometimes even.

You are correct in that we do see beauty in ENFps, they are programmed to dress uniquely and I judge the way a woman carries herself and dresses quite a bit. I love the unique purses, sunglasses, necklaces, dresses, ear rings, always something aesthetic and unique ie a seashell necklace over a turqoise shirt. Anyways dude, I feel you make some huge leaps and bounds in your statements, dont try to confuse everyone. You speak too much in function, try to explain with how it actually feels for them to understand what you are saying. You cant say the ISTp recognizes Xx function and compensates with Xx increased or something, it just doesnt work when people metabolise information different. Explain what its like using metaphors etc and you will carry the message of how you see the world more efficiently.

However, BlueBlade you are sooo correct in saying that we are very much about perceiving beauty. I feel extremely confident in my judgement of aesthetics, but what I wear an ENFj probably bawks at. Anyways I was thinking just as we see the beauty in ENFps and are picky about that, ESTps probably see the conquerability in INFps and love that. Its a game for them to get the INFp to love them, and once they do its game over lol. Not to move off on a sidetrack though. This thread has some good discussion.

Lets not move too far on a tangent, it took me a while to think of a worthy topic for the forum.

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry, Icepick.

I am also waiting for someone to bless us with some Ne information.

Does Ne (in the context of NeFi) work this way? :

1) NeFi notes that he or she exists
    2) NeFi observes surroundings
    3) NeFi sees something eyecatching (hopefully a SiTe)
    4) NeFi wonders how that *thing* is related to everything else
    5) NeFi determines 4
    6) NeFi weighs how *useful* that thing is to everything it has relations to

If NeFi finds that 6 is to a high enough degree,

Then 7) NeFi relates to that *thing*, giving it its purpose, goal, direction, appreciation and long-lasting motivation.

Else, if and only if there is no new and greater stimuli (hopefully a SiTe),

Then 8) NeFi uses a related stimuli generated from 6 and naturally loops back to 4

Else, if and only if the new and greater stimuli is not SiTe or something as great as that ( I'm funny)

Then 9) NeFi loops back to 2

Else, 10) NeFi loops back to 1.

Let me know if there are any errors in my programming
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ICE, I'm sorry to say that way you're describing has nothing to do with Si. Nor is it anything supernatural...

This is more related to having an unconscious and strong Se/Ti block. You retrieve many, many external factors trough Se and process them logically through Ti. So you might unconsciously see someone in the room looking at your back and you automatically make the logical conclusion that there is someone there.

Always keep in mind that a type is more than the first two functions. Many ways and abilities associated to each type do not really have much to do with the dominant functions.

We all have some sort of "strange" awareness through our ID block. For example, I sometimes get astonished that I enter a room and I start to feel bad. What really happens, and I've learned to understand it with socionic's help, is that my strong and unconscious Ni/Fe can detect if any negative emotion (a heated discussion, for example) has taken place recently and it influences me.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I receive all external factors through Si MikeMex. Its hard to describe once again. I am confident it is because of the Si I am so aware of all the physical environmental changes around me. Thus I have taken it a step further in determining this is the function responsible for my accute sense. Se is good at modifying these things which is why ESTPs are good at brain washing and just talking up a storm of absolutely nothing. Most NF dont even notice they are doing maybe?

its hard for you to understand that I FEEL someone is looking at me... Something in the brain clicks like an invisible limb I cannot move was just stroked and I barely felt it.

Mr. , you make good cookies.

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mikemex
    ICE, I'm sorry to say that way you're describing has nothing to do with Si. Nor is it anything supernatural...

This is more related to having an unconscious and strong Se/Ti block. You retrieve many, many external factors trough Se and process them logically through Ti. So you might unconsciously see someone in the room looking at your back and you automatically make the logical conclusion that there is someone there.

Always keep in mind that a type is more than the first two functions. Many ways and abilities associated to each type do not really have much to do with the dominant functions.

We all have some sort of "strange" awareness through our ID block. For example, I sometimes get astonished that I enter a room and I start to feel bad. What really happens, and I've learned to understand it with socionic's help, is that my strong and unconscious Ni/Fe can detect if any negative emotion (a heated discussion, for example) has taken place recently and it influences me.
    Yeah, your ego block functions are easy to over emphasise and you end up giving them near super human abilities, practically everyone here is guilty of doing it one time or another. That's why I aviod these types of discussions untill I can think more clearly about my ego functions.

TIM
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp
    Mentioned
    215 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IcEPiCk,

I found a portion of it. It was initially much longer, and more moment by moment detailed. But at the time I was suffering from severe headaches and frustrations and finally dumped over half of it to attempt to shorten it. Apparently I did the big "no-no" and deleted it instead of just cutting it out and setting it aside. Anyways, here's what's left of it:

In my more normal state, I'm just walking along, doing my own thing, with my thoughts in the clouds, mulling over various concepts, problems, etc. I don't pay direct attention to the objects that are in the outside world. Instead, I trust...another part of myself....to pay attention to the more concrete relationships between me and the various parts of the outside world...how close am I coming to that branch that is hanging over the sidewalk, and quick! duck!...whew, that was a close one...feeling as if something is kind of off over to my forward right...(a feeling of offness catches my attentions more than a feeling of "rightness") so part of my attention gets drawn towards the forward right. I may or may not actually notice the stroller there that is sitting out on the lawn, though a part of me might start wondering why a stroller is there, how did it come to be there, will anything happen to it, etc. Now, I WILL notice (through a very sharp tug on my awareness into that direction) if the stroller begins rolling down the hill. I believe that the reason why this would suddenly come to my attention is because in my experience, babies are often in strollers, AND in my experience cars are often driving along streets, AND in my experience, various things often get ran over on the street by a moving vehicle, AND in my experience, things rolling down the hill have tipped over and/or crashed into something, causing horrible damage to the item or the occupants inside the item. All of these things (and likely more) are what tug on me and drag my attention away from "the clouds" and back to reality, with an intense urge to take action. (Because in my experience, I do not like knowing that someone got hurt when I had a chance to prevent it...or some other reasons as well.) Now, the important thing to remember is, I do not "think" of all those possibilities. But it is those things that tug onto my awareness, demanding that I look to where the possible "danger" is.

Now, the above is a very simplified version of what I'm like on a moment by moment basis. Even if I were to run after the stroller, one part of my mind is scanning the environment, paying attention to the relationships that are out there, scanning for moving cars, for bumps and ditches in the stroller's path, and for how much closer am I getting to the stroller while the stroller is getting closer to that ditch. But all of this is a scan, I am not really focusing on these things, I am not thinking of them, I am not consciously calculating distances and angles, etc. I am in the moment in terms of that. Alas, not so in my conscious awareness. Up there I'm jumping from what if to what if, concept to concept, idea to idea, etc. What if a car comes? What if the stroller hits a bump? What would happen if the stroller tipped over? Where are the baby's parents? Is there even a baby? Are the neighbors looking out their window and laughing at the crazy woman who's chasing after a stroller? What will I do if I catch the stroller? Where does it belong? What if something happened to the parents and I've got a baby on my hands with no idea what to do with it? What if this is all just some sick joke and there's actually a bomb in there? Etc etc etc etc

One example of just how NOT aware I am of objects is when one day I drove into the parking area of our home, got out, and went inside....and freaked because someone else was in the house. I didn't know what to do, should I run outside? see who it is? All sorts of what ifs flashed through my mind. I started to leave, having gone out the door and about to head towards the deck's steps, when the door suddenly swung open. My heart jumped into my throat. There stood Richard asking me some question. I was in shock. What's he doing home? His car's not in the driveway nor on the street. Did he have an accident? Did something happen to his car? Did his father bring him home from work? A lot of questions and scenarios jumped into my head within just a few split seconds. Finally I stuttered out "but where's your car?" He looked at me funny. "It's in the driveway." "No it's not." He gets a weird look on his face, "Yes it is, right where I always park." By this time I think he's playing some kind of trick on me, so I actually go out to the driveway to prove him wrong. His car was right there, and in fact, I had had to maneuver my van around it in order to park where I did. So, obviously, SOME part was aware of the external relationships between my van and his car...even if I didn't SEE his car. (These kinds of examples are quite common for me.)

imo, a lot of this is very simply explained by Ne version of "in the clouds", Si compliment to Ne by paying attention to the relationships that exist in the outside world without interfering with the Ne process, and Fi tugging on my awareness because it noticed a pattern in the Si information input.
    IEE 649 sx/sp cp

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imo, a lot of this is very simply explained by Ne version of "in the clouds", Si compliment to Ne by paying attention to the relationships that exist in the outside world without interfering with the Ne process, and Fi tugging on my awareness because it noticed a pattern in the Si information input.
    You made Ne so much simpler now. :wink:

I realized that the wink smiley has an ISTp smile. I like that.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest thing about Si for me is its like having your unconsious making notes and writing a journal of everything that I experience. But it writes not in words but in impressions, scenes and to a certain degree emotional states. The impressions are almost always highly visual.

It recoreds everything from words and sentences that people say, to visual images of anything I have seen, to colours in the environment, to sounds etc etc Importantly, it records these things in time and place, so that I can visualise the whole scene of my experience.
    I can often remember exactly word for word things people said years ago, and I can visualise them saying it and the general environment at the time, the important thing is I have the impression stored, its not that I just simply remember the words.

I point this out because I realise its not something that most others are anywhere near as adept at, it helps enourmously in tests and exams and generally to build up a huge memory of stuff about eveything I have ever come across. I notice I can always point out who said what and what day last week they said it, in what tone of voice etc Others seems to always loose most of this imformation, they just remember roughly what someone was saying before.
    Friendly ISTp
    Interested in everything, yes, EVERYTHING
    Flower's motto: Life's too short even to do the things you want to, let alone the things you dont!!

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha yeah flower <<3

My friend always asks me how I remember stuff so easily. I try to explain to him in a SiTe way "you know you look at this and it leaves you some kind of feeling, you see how it relates to this and how this thing here reminds you of something else, so you just remember this and the whole impression comes back to you..."

And he goes

What Si doesn't have though, is the series of events from Ni. When you focus on a series of events the present stops impressing upon you, so it's a give and take situation, much like Te and Fe. Being practical means that emotions must not invade your thoughts, or unnecessary energy will be wasted. Using Fe means that most energy is expended on expression in a round about manner, e.g. the fastest path from a point to another would be a straight line (Te). The most expressive path from a point to another would be a curvy, looping, shapely line (Fe).

My ISTj mum just came into the room and tapped me, asking me why I haven't done my work yet. Thanks for identifying with me, flower!
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flower
    The biggest thing about Si for me is its like having your unconsious making notes and writing a journal of everything that I experience. But it writes not in words but in impressions, scenes and to a certain degree emotional states. The impressions are almost always highly visual.

It recoreds everything from words and sentences that people say, to visual images of anything I have seen, to colours in the environment, to sounds etc etc Importantly, it records these things in time and place, so that I can visualise the whole scene of my experience.
    I can often remember exactly word for word things people said years ago, and I can visualise them saying it and the general environment at the time, the important thing is I have the impression stored, its not that I just simply remember the words.

I point this out because I realise its not something that most others are anywhere near as adept at, it helps enourmously in tests and exams and generally to build up a huge memory of stuff about eveything I have ever come across. I notice I can always point out who said what and what day last week they said it, in what tone of voice etc Others seems to always loose most of this imformation, they just remember roughly what someone was saying before.
    I can do all this. Perfectly. But I can't do what IcePick describes at all.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do elaborate, what did IcePick describe that you can't do?
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlueBlade
    Do elaborate, what did IcePick describe that you can't do?
    I don't sense the environment, the "waves" as he described, around me. I see everything which is in my field of sight, perfectly, and I remember all the colors/environment/music/smell/taste, but I don't feel like I am "Immersed" in what I am experiencing, but that I am definitely separated from my environment, which is something I can act on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm the greatest and best at all this shit too. I get on the intenet and tell everyone about how i can do everything they can do better. I don't hurt, have pain, or ever suffer emotions. My flaws exist but are justified.

I feel waves.

My sense of self-understanding is limited by everything you can do. Because I do everything you do, but better.

What a pity.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heath what the fuck do you smoke at night?

Listen the whole thing about 'waves' is just a way for me to describe them. I dunno what other word I could use. This isnt some paranormal xfiles shit. People need to chill and be a bit more open minded. The name of the thread wasnt ISTP: BETTER THAN YOU hahahhaa. NO. It was describing its capabilities and its setbacks. I am describing a small part of introverted sensing but I wanted to share it with the others in delta. This is why its called a forum, to exchange information. What you are doing is closing your mind and thinking I said something I didnt. You should get the fuck out of this forum if you are going to show this type of ignorant attitude, seriously.

TIM
    IEE-Ne
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flower

I can do it too. ISTp is unconsciously an ENFp and ENFp is unconsciously an ISTp. Probably both are the same thing with two manifestations.
    [] | NP | 3[6w5]8 so/sp | Type thread | My typing of forum members | Johari (Strengths) | Nohari (Weaknesses)

You know what? You're an individual, and that makes people nervous. And it's gonna keep making people nervous for the rest of your life.
    - Ole Golly from Harriet, the spy.

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Listen the whole thing about 'waves' is just a way for me to describe them. I dunno what other word I could use. This isnt some paranormal xfiles shit. People need to chill and be a bit more open minded. The name of the thread wasnt ISTP: BETTER THAN YOU hahahhaa. NO. It was describing its capabilities and its setbacks. I am describing a small part of introverted sensing but I wanted to share it with the others in delta. This is why its called a forum, to exchange information. What you are doing is closing your mind and thinking I said something I didnt. You should get the fuck out of this forum if you are going to show this type of ignorant attitude, seriously.
    I'm not sure you understand the purpose of my post.
    asd

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath

I'm not sure you understand the purpose of my post.
    I thought you were poking fun at FDG. Were you?

Topaz

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Um, I tried to balance the negatives and positives in that post, but hey, if he got pissed...amen!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

topaz, yes, but more poking fun at the whole purpose of this forum.

anyhow, I realized today i'm not very good with socionics theory, but enjoy it in a pragmatic sense.
    asd

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well at least you got me interested in what asperger's syndrome was

Peace out
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's(Aspergers) a disease many computer,science, and now literature oriented youth are letting degrade their objectivity. It's really strange how people are willing to diagnose themselves with endless mental disorders but never give themselves a highfive for being able to tie their shoes and make food. It's an extension of our endless 'need.' We need something, anything, even something like a mental disorder. We cant be comfortable with ourselves, surely that is impossible. Can't be humbled by our own thoughts. Perhaps you aren't thinking successful thoughts. perhaps you have ADD because you can't read a whole novel in a single sitting. jesus fuck christ. why are we so afraid that we are doing things incorrectly, or being imperfect? I blame it on advertising, simplification of symptoms, overdiagnosing, public awareness, but mostly people not understanding symptoms and the extent to which symptoms must present themselves in an individual before it is a valid medical concern.

future drug company advertising:
    'do you ever find yourself averting your eyes when talking to strangers or even acquaintances? Ever feel socially uncomfortable and in your own thoughts?
    Maybe you have asperger's syndrome. Talk to your doctor about a new prescription medication called loxinoticol'

Bullshit! Maybe some people don't feel comfortable with eyecontact. In fact, lots of people feel this way and don't buy something or take away(or give to)their self-confidence because of an inability to make prolonged eye contact.

don't let people with lots of money and chemicals pray on your insecurities.

i'm a critical guy. they got a pill for that?
    asd

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sex

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's not a pill, and is a very horrible answer. I think you've let whatever go for it, live in the moment attitude you have(ACQUIRED , MORE APT?) towards women and life degrade your worldview to the point you no longer see the devestating psychological and physiological acts humans are committing whether on themselves or others. You traded all that for smiles and dancing? Shame on you.
    asd

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

heath is hot blooded but coldly respectable.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by heath
    that's not a pill, and is a very horrible answer. I think you've let whatever go for it, live in the moment attitude you have(ACQUIRED , MORE APT?) towards women and life degrade your worldview to the point you no longer see the devestating psychological and physiological acts humans are committing whether on themselves or others. You traded all that for smiles and dancing? Shame on you.
    ?

Where did I manifest a live with the moment attitude in regard to women?

You can have sex with in a long term relationship, too.

Anyway, I can't do anything to influence the acts of other men, or better, I don't feel like caring about the whole humanity, because I would be unable to. Smiles and dancing are preferable, absolutely.

I understand you were probably joking but I'm not good at being sure of this

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    Anyway, I can't do anything to influence the acts of other men, or better, I don't feel like caring about the whole humanity, because I would be unable to. Smiles and dancing are preferable, absolutely.
    incorrect. Thinking and talking and understanding these issues is doing enough for most. Awareness and the spreading of awareness does very much. Eventually those of us who have thought enough, talked enough, and understood enough will be able to group and opt out of the situation. And if it is on a large enough scale we could really make a difference in the world.

I wasn't joking. I've noted your personal development and after having labeled yourself ESTp(whether correctly or not, i'm skeptical) you have changed your forum persona. This could be insignificant, but I know what I write here reflects who I really am, and I expect it does for you as well.
    asd

TIM
    No idea
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The setback of Si is that, in an isolated case, it may result in a overly hedonistic spirit.

An immature SiTe will laze around on the ground like a fuzzy kitten.

He will constantly seek food to pleasure himself (he may also find other ways but that's not for you to find out ) .

However due to his lack of Te, Ni, and Fe, he will be unable to find the proper balance between his inner world and his outer world.

This will result in the collection of angry energy, repressed due to his shy Fe, a lack of insight, due to a weak Ni, (as to when to do certain things in order to maintain the harmonious 'flow' that Si is all about), and a lack of knowledge as pertaining to how to attain certain things that will result in physical harmony due to the lack of Te.

An immature SiTe may thus be found taking drugs, smoking, and bleeding alcohol.

A mature SiTe will be able to find harmony first in practical logic, then in spirit, and lastly in emotions.

Mature SiTe's are usually found when they have had lawful and pleasant sex/done activities that has a similar spirit of 'closeness' with a NeFi.

Dualization matures everyone (someone come flame me for over-generalization).

God save duality.
    She is wise
    beyond words
    beautiful within
    her soul
    brighter than
    the sun
    lovelier than
    love
    dreams larger
    than life
    and does not
    understand the
    meaning of no.
    Because everything
    "Yes, it will be done."

Why I love LSEs:

Creepy-bg

what's with being so down on hedonism?

you can be a hedonist and mature at the same time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast