Thread: Thinking/Feeling dichotomy and Religion

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Thinking/Feeling dichotomy and Religion

I thinks ethics is a poor indicator of whether a person is T or F.

A person that is T type can be religious, seeing the world not only logically, but also ethically.

What do you lot think?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think "ethics" has the wrong conotations to be used the way it is in Socionics. (I.e. I agree with you.) What's a word that encompasses both emotions (Fe) and relationships (Fi) ? I guess "feeling" isn't too bad, it doesn't have that right vs wrong attached to it.
    TiNe, LII, INTj, etc.
    "I feel like I should be making a sarcastic comment right now, but you're just so cute!" - Shego, Kim Possible

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm planning to intiate topics on the forum to make more water-tight definitions of I/E, N/S, T/F and j/p.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFs are the most religious it seems....

Judgers enjoy a lot of the systems and structure religion offers...
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NFs are the most spiritual, but I wouldn't say they're the most RELIGIOUS.
    "To become is just like falling asleep. You never know exactly when it happens, the transition, the magic, and you think, if you could only recall that exact moment of crossing the line then you would understand everything; you would see it all"

"Angels dancing on the head of a pin dissolve into nothingness at the bedside of a dying child."

TIM
    ILE 8w9
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it has more to do with the fact that religious establishments provide external authority. The question is: why do people look for an authority besides themselves and what does this have to do with type?

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion, NFs are really more SPIRITUAL than religious.

Religion is a system of Dos and Taboos, and as such, it rather correlates with SJ worldview. SJ may be "religious" (i.e. require other people to follow certain strict norms, sometimes not logical but "striving for the good") even when they have materialistic views.

NF types may be good INVENTORS of religions or spiritual concepts. As far as I can judge by biographies, the type ENFJ is the most represented among prophets (e.g. Mohammad or Joseph Smith) or leaders of totalitarian states (Trotsky, ******, Goebbels etc.). However when religion or ideology invented by them becomes a tradition, this type is gradually removed from power, and instead, more "pragmatic" sensory types come to power. In such conditions, it is sometimes easier to find NFs among heretics or dissidents than among official ideologists and/or priests.

Note. Religion, as such, does not necessarily need the concept of God (Confucianism in China is a good example). Most Russians are materialists, however, the ideological pressure in the former Soviet Union is quite comparable with ideological pressure in modern islamic states or in the Medieval Europe.
    www.socioniko.net is no longer my site.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dmitri Lytov,

Muhammad (may God's peace and blessings be upon him) did not invent Islam for your information. In addition, I can't see why you think he is ENFj - I suppose I know more about his biography than you.

I have no intention to talk about Muhammad (may God's peace and blessings be upon him) in this topic, but if someone continues to talk about him (may God's peace and blessings be upon him) in this topic, then I will be more than happy to continue.

Otherwise, I want to get back to the original topic of discussion - ethics and T/F.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people believe that religions are invented by people.
    Other people believe that their own religion was inspired by God Himself.

I won't argue about this matter either.
    I'm not Muslim, but I respect what Mohammad did, and I do not identify him with modern terrorists either.By the way, The Life of Mohammad was one of my favorite books in student years.

But what is important, is the personality of that man (or woman) whom God chose to proclaim His words. I think that God always chooses those capable to transfer his words. From this viewpoint, ENFJ is an ideal personality type for transferring these words.

I do not identify any of the 16 types either with holiness or evil deeds. You see, there are both good and evil persons in the above list. However, from the viewpoint of personality type, they had common traits - they were artistic, they were capable of inspiring people with words, they spoke in imagery manner; they were never "too dry", on the contrary, their common personal problem was the incapability of calming themselves down, which often caused them feel distressed. Very often ENFJ suffers from epilepsy - just for the same reason.
    www.socioniko.net is no longer my site.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pedro
    i really want to just lash out at this whole thread but i will restrain myself.

damn you cone! now i've got metaphysical angst all over me
    Do it, Pedro. Believe me, I want to also.
    Binary or dichotomous systems, although regulated by a principle, are among the most artificial arrangements that have ever been invented. -- William Swainson, A Treatise on the Geography and Classification of Animals (1835)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T types that are religious DO tend to be more "ethical", though not as in "beneovlent" or kind, but as in "following the guidelines of their particular religion." ISTjs are the best example of such a type that follows the ethical code, except perhaps the part involving benevolence(Weak Fi) and tolerance of others(Weak Ne), of their religion to a fault.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ethics has NOTHING to do with religion. Im ethical, religious...NOT IN THE LEAST BIT. I use to be agnostic...now I find i lean towards atheist.
    Yesterday I knew nothing, today I know that.