Thread: I'm going craaazzy, I want to know my type!

Default I'm going craaazzy, I want to know my type!

I am very interested in personality typing, I can see the uses of it, and am desperate to be put into a box so that I can understand myself better. Trouble is, I'm not sure what type I am, and whether my estimates are based on what I want to be and I know quite a bit about Socionics that I think I won't ever be able to *objectively* type myself.

So I'm asking for some help here? :-) I've heard you can type people by looking at pictures? I've attatched some if anyone could offer some opinions?

I'm not sure how I'd describe myself. I don't talk a lot, a lot, I don't like small talk. I like talk where I can learn things from people that would be useful to me socially, for instance, dress, ways to behave etc. I like to network, but I'm not particularly loud. Sometimes I feel like being very friendly, other times, I feel tired and not too bothered about speaking. I like to network because it makes me secure, so that I do not have to rely on one group of friends. After being out with different friends every night consequitively or so , I come to a burn out, where I need to be alone and think of the imperfections of my life, think of what I've done wrong and how it can be improved. And I'll think about this all the time, until I either get swept up in social demands or until I've achieved my ideal life (which could take a long long time). I'm not good with relationships. I occasionally take "what's going" and date around and feel unsatisfied because I can't find what I'm looking for. The occassions I do, I think about good ways to attact them, and try and mimock their behaviour, and yet, not making any form of friendship with them.

Anyways really, really appreciate any ideas on my type! I really would love to know your thoughts.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/IMAG3302.jpg
    http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...ophie88888.jpg

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: I'm going craaazzy, I want to know my type!

you can see Rick's charts, they seem pretty accurate.

http://www.socionics.us/theory.shtml

then you can see what information elements you tend to use, here :

http://socionist.blogspot.com/2006/1...revisited.html

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your description of yourself sounds ISTj to me, however you pic doesn't give me a ready connection to any person I have in mind.

I'll go for ISTj for now. ISFj being another possibility, however the first part of your description sounded like Fe-dual-seeking to me.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What you wrote sounds a bit INTj. How were you feeling when you wrote it? Were you in a melancholy (or any other such) mood?
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Hi guys thanks mucly for your responses (any more also be appreciated!!)

I'm interested at what all of you say, very different to my own typing (which I believe as I put, could be wrong)...

at the moment, I'm physically tired! but feeling for the first time in a while that I wish to get my head sorted!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not something like INFp? Where does the IJ come from? Doesn't she share something in common with Kelly especially in the single picture?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can relate to what socionics_dude had said.
    I would say INFj.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XoX
    Why not something like INFp? Where does the IJ come from? Doesn't she share something in common with Kelly especially in the single picture?
    I see the fe dual seeking. Although, it could be argued that it's Se dual seeking.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    I would say INFj.
    I thought you are INFp

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eunice
    I would say INFj.
    I thought you are INFp
    me too
    SEE

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    I see the fe dual seeking.
    That's what I was thinking too, but typing on unconscious functions is a little sketchy. She reminded me of the INTj I was with though, stuff I had attributed to a Fi role (which I suppose in a way is the same thing as Fe dual seeking ).
    SEE

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by socionics_dude
    I am very interested in personality typing
    How much time do you have to learn this theory?
    Posts I wrote in the past contain less nuance.
    If you're in this forum to learn something, be careful. Lots of misplaced toxicity.

~an extraverted consciousness is unable to believe in invisible forces.
    ~a certain mysterious power that may prove terribly fascinating to the extraverted man, for it touches his unconscious.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

xxxJ comes from the extreme language like "until ...ideal life", "desperate to put myself in a box", " need to be alone and think of the imperfections of my life, think of what I've done wrong and how it can be improved". FDG I don't think I have ever heard an ISTj say they want to understand themselves better in the way Dude has . I have the experience of one INTj though.

Your VI looked at first ISFp but your expression was not, you don't have that look in your eyes in both pics so I thought ENTp. The description sounds INTj; final call is INTj for me right now. Could be some judger from Fe/Ti quadras.

Her VI does look different than INTj though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Alpha/Beta seriously contested by anyone? That would cut the amount of types in half. Only ISFj possible outside those Quadras?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10484

That said... introversion seems likely so far. There appear to be signs of Ti/Fe > Te/Fi, but I find it curious that she used the word "network" when referring to her social life, as I tend to see "networking" as a business skill. Perhaps it's just logical pragmatism?

INTj seems most likely to me, but only time and interactions with other members will provide further clues.
    SEE

Thanks muchly for all everybodies kind help :-) Although no definite conclusions has been reached, I feel I'm getting somewhere. 50% of the time I actually test ENTP. And the rest... INTP, ENFP, INFP, INTJ, ESTP. I think I've taken the test too much really. But thanks everyone :-) x

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG
    your description of yourself sounds ISTj to me, however you pic doesn't give me a ready connection to any person I have in mind.
    My thoughts precisely.

Thanks muchly for all everybodies kind help :-) Although no definite conclusions has been reached, I feel I'm getting somewhere. 50% of the time I actually test ENTP. And the rest... INTP, ENFP, INFP, INTJ, ESTP. I think I've taken the test too much really. But thanks everyone :-) x
    If you got both ESTP and INFP - not to say of INTJ - then your results were probably all borderline and mean, in essence, nothing.

I agree with Joy, perhaps INTj is also a solution and it would fit VI better.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You agree with what Joy said about business?

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Kensington
    You agree with what Joy said about business?
    I basically agreed with the INTj possibility; as for the "networking", yes, socionics dude seemed to refer to just increasing your number of acquaintances, while I tend to think of "networking" as in business.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually, i think your VI is very informative. you look very strongly Fe-dual seeking to me. your expression suggests that you strongly require vigorous emotional support and tenderness. all of what you wrote only serves to reinforce the initial LII hypothesis.

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    actually, i think your VI is very informative. you look very strongly Fe-dual seeking to me. your expression suggests that you strongly require vigorous emotional support and tenderness. all of what you wrote only serves to reinforce the initial LII hypothesis.
    So, sorry if this is stupid... is that the same as myer-briggs INTp?

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i could see ISTj for VI now.

Dude, Fe dual seeking is either LII or LSI, INTj or ISTj. (not INTp)

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    So, sorry if this is stupid... is that the same as myer-briggs INTp?
    http://the16types.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10212

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I skimmed through all those conflicting type suggestions... I don't understand those opinions really.

VI: You look ENTj, but you have warmer eyes. Two people in this household just typed you as ENFj without thinking of it too long.

The description: It's distracting and vague. You say you can be shy or talkative depending on mood. That's anything from the most social (Fe dominant) to the least social (Ti dominant). You say you need to be typed, so you would find out more about yourself. That's quite similar to what I said long ago. Also, ENFjs are accused of not having enough of personality, so they classify themselves to know who they "really" are.

Or maybe I'm just full of sh*t. I have done this before - typed people to be the same type as me, just to find out later that I was wrong.
    EIE, ENFj, intuitive subtype.
    E3 (probably 3w4)

Cool ILI hubbys are better than LSIs any time!

Old blog: http://firsttimeinusa.blogspot.com/
    New blog: http://having-a-kid.blogspot.com/

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very interested in personality typing, I can see the uses of it, and am desperate to be put into a box so that I can understand myself better. Trouble is, I'm not sure what type I am, and whether my estimates are based on what I want to be and I know quite a bit about Socionics that I think I won't ever be able to *objectively* type myself.

So I'm asking for some help here? :-) I've heard you can type people by looking at pictures? I've attatched some if anyone could offer some opinions?

I'm not sure how I'd describe myself. I don't talk a lot, a lot, I don't like small talk. I like talk where I can learn things from people that would be useful to me socially, for instance, dress, ways to behave etc. I like to network, but I'm not particularly loud. Sometimes I feel like being very friendly, other times, I feel tired and not too bothered about speaking. I like to network because it makes me secure, so that I do not have to rely on one group of friends. After being out with different friends every night consequitively or so , I come to a burn out, where I need to be alone and think of the imperfections of my life, think of what I've done wrong and how it can be improved. And I'll think about this all the time, until I either get swept up in social demands or until I've achieved my ideal life (which could take a long long time). I'm not good with relationships. I occasionally take "what's going" and date around and feel unsatisfied because I can't find what I'm looking for. The occassions I do, I think about good ways to attact them, and try and mimock their behaviour, and yet, not making any form of friendship with them.

Anyways really, really appreciate any ideas on my type! I really would love to know your thoughts.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...e/IMAG3302.jpg
    http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u...ophie88888.jpg
    You seem ENFP to me.
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.