Thread: Good socionics articles and theory

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Good socionics articles and theory

It is often said here that people should read more about theoretical socionics (e.g. articles). It seems such articles are hard to find (especially in English). I wonder if a list could be produced which would give a good set of material for a beginner to learn the principles of classical socionics (and perhaps some advanced forms too).

So please link here articles or other material which you see as "essential" or "most relevant" for a newbie who wants to really understand socionics. If you want you can also write a post describing the "core principles of socionics" how you see them

It is often referred to me that I should read more about this stuff before jumping into serious discussions with my faulty concepts but then there seems to be lots and lots of material of different quality and I can't choose what to read with the limited time I have in my hands. It seems like much of the published material is not of very good quality and is internally contradictory even. I was hoping that the people who think they know the "true" socionics principles well could share the references they have used to gain that knowledge. Currently I'm trusting my intuition more than many of the materials I have read.

I might use part of Easter to study this material but in order to do that I would need some links pretty soon as I have to download that stuff into my laptop before I leave home. But I will get back to this after Easter anyways.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Good socionics articles and theory

I think it would actually be a good idea to do a sticky thread where a small but collection of good newbie articles would be mentioned in a "read these before you ask questions" kind of way. Right now there is zillion different articles in "articles" sections. Many web sites with varying quality and conflicting information and all that. A newbie zone would be good. Admins might execute their power and decide which material is the most "official" material and recommend it good for a newbie

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There already is one - look just above this thread. "Before you post (Socionics Links)" or something.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    There already is one - look just above this thread. "Before you post (Socionics Links)" or something.
    Oh. I haven't noticed that. How weird.

Must be because I pretty much only use the site via
    "View posts since last visit"
    "View your posts"
    "View unanswered posts"
    links and rarely look at the categories that closely.