Thread: Role of behavior in typing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Role of behavior in typing

Typing by behavior is often claimed to be unreliable. I have come to think that it might in the end be more reliable than comparing your subjective self-perceptions to theory or to other people's subjective self-perceptions. You can actually measure behavior (quite objectively even) which makes it somewhat "hard data". Of course the interpretation of this data can be unreliable.

Now I was thinking that money usage is the most objective thing you can measure from a person and thus perhaps a reliable test could be built around it. E.g. questions like "Where did you get your money?", "How did you get them?", "How much did you get?", "How did you use them?", "What did you do with the money you didn't use?" and so on can provide a good picture of person's functional preferences. And I'm talking about real actualized money usage not imaginary questions like "What would you do if you had money?". Something which can be very objectively measured. Before you say "No fcucking way!!" think about it a bit and explain why you disagree

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with typing by behavior is that different types might do the same thing for different reasons.

Like giving money to charity - could be for a lot of reasons: ethics, personal relationship with charity, a religiously motivated tithe, have suffered from whatever the charity helps, want a tax write-off, want to look like the kind of person who gives money to charity, pressure from work to donate, it's a fashionable charity and you want the ribbon, etc.

So, if you were to base it on behavior AND WHY the person did it, then ok. But just behavior leaves too much open. And people aren't even always very honest and/or open with motivation.

As for your questions: "what did you do with the money left over?" ROFL. You have to be joking.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

Creepy-bg

No fcucking way!!

Creepy-Diana

Creepy-bg

you deserve some serrious credit... I think I would have gone apeshit by now in the same situation... being accused of doing that kind of devious shit to somebody you love... argh... I'm sure it doesn't help me pointing out what you should be pissed about (as if you don't already know... )

<3

Creepy-Diana

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker Mom
    The problem with typing by behavior is that different types might do the same thing for different reasons.

Like giving money to charity - could be for a lot of reasons: ethics, personal relationship with charity, a religiously motivated tithe, have suffered from whatever the charity helps, want a tax write-off, want to look like the kind of person who gives money to charity, pressure from work to donate, it's a fashionable charity and you want the ribbon, etc.

So, if you were to base it on behavior AND WHY the person did it, then ok. But just behavior leaves too much open. And people aren't even always very honest and/or open with motivation.
    Perhaps there should be a component of WHY. Then again that makes it a bit more subjective but now that you mentioned it there are cases where that kind of questions are hard to avoid. But perhaps there is a small amount of common "factors" which can be taken into account and factored away e.g. effect of religion or direct social environment. You could see that certain things like giving money to charity is not type related and factor these out. The point being that the type "profile" is there behind the scenes affecting consumer choice and it is masked by certain easily seen factors or patterns e.g. that certain religion makes you put more money into charity. So your spending profile would not be completely random in relation to your type. This is actually a question which could be studied in official economics context. Does sosionics type affect consumer profile and how. Some econ. student can make a study on this, heh.

As for your questions: "what did you do with the money left over?" ROFL. You have to be joking.
    I'm not quite sure why you are laughing E.g. some people don't ever have "left over money" because they spend it all, some people tend to put that money into a bank account, some people tend to invest it in order to make it grow, some people save/invest in a goal oriented way. I can see clear differences in my household and in my extended family how different people use and invest their money. It seems to have a correlation with their type but also with other factors as a person's spending profile can change over time and depend on their education and social background and position. Still certain things can be seen unchanged e.g. what kind of risk profile you have when you are investing and whether you only do goal oriented investments or just "investments for getting more money". Anyways it might not be a very simple phenomenon to measure in the end.

Banned
    TIM
    TiNe
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

XOX: read on the dual-type model. The IM type accounts for processing, the IE type for behavior.

Socionics proper (as in, the Russian) says nothing about behavior.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tcaudilllg
    XOX: read on the dual-type model. The IM type accounts for processing, the IE type for behavior.

Socionics proper (as in, the Russian) says nothing about behavior.
    oh.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diana
    Thanks Bionic.

It's just made me realize even more that people see others as like themselves -- if someone would be doing something underhanded then they'll be more likely to assume you are too. Ha! Wait, what does that say about me that I knew they'd accuse me, lol!! I guess some other things you can just know by dealing with a person over time as to how they are.
    "What we are, that only can we see." -Emerson
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And people aren't even always very honest and/or open with motivation.
    For people’s motivations which are influenced by social surroundings, experiences and ideologies etc. it doesn't always mean that they're lying about their motivations. They genuinely believe that the reasons for their actions are their real motivations.
    Motivations for things that happened in the past change (probably for justification for acting weird in the moment) depending on how you feel in the moment you looked back. This change could be related to the fact that your hungry, tired, woke up feeling like shit or your girlfriend dumped you 2 days ago.

Socionics tests observe peoples motivations at one instant of time (when the test is taken), so they are subject to being screwed up by social surroundings, experiences etc. problems and in the moment problems.

When you know someone and observe them, you see them in different states (moments) and you can generalise their behaviour, so you can get over the in the moment problems but you still can get screwed by the social surroundings, experiences etc. problem.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by electric
    And people aren't even always very honest and/or open with motivation.
    For people’s motivations which are influenced by social surroundings, experiences and ideologies etc. it doesn't always mean that they're lying about their motivations. They genuinely believe that the reasons for their actions are their real motivations.
    Motivations for things that happened in the past change (probably for justification for acting weird in the moment) depending on how you feel in the moment you looked back. This change could be related to the fact that your hungry, tired, woke up feeling like shit or your girlfriend dumped you 2 days ago.

Socionics tests observe peoples motivations at one instant of time (when the test is taken), so they are subject to being screwed up by social surroundings, experiences etc. problems and in the moment problems.

When you know someone and observe them, you see them in different states (moments) and you can generalise their behaviour, so you can get over the in the moment problems but you still can get screwed by the social surroundings, experiences etc. problem.
    When I said "not honest" I mean in two ways:

1. People here are partially here for social reasons and partially here for Socionics. The social reasons can cause people to not always be completely honest - ie only show their good sides. I doubt that just happens here - I'm sure it happens everwhere people gather. Especially young single people.

2. People aren't always honest with themselves, or might not be able to really look deeply into their own motivations for whatever reasons.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Especially young single people.
    Why especially young single people?

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because we have an instinct when we're seeking mates to present ourselves in the best light possible so as to attract the best mate possible. Young single people are presumably seeking mates, at least on some level.

I'm sure we older married people have our own issues that might cause us to be less than honest too, but I think the "mate seeking" thing is the biggest reason to do that. Anyway, it's just an opinion so just take it as that.
    -Mark Twain

context is king
    Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because we have an instinct when we're seeking mates to present ourselves in the best light possible so as to attract the best mate possible. Young single people are presumably seeking mates, at least on some level.

I'm sure we older married people have our own issues that might cause us to be less than honest too, but I think the "mate seeking" thing is the biggest reason to do that. Anyway, it's just an opinion so just take it as that.
    I guess that people would be less honest depending on the pay off they get for being less honest. So the effect would depend on what people value and how many people they need to be less honest to. So yeah young people would act like that.